Praise the Sun. (Mind Flayer)

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

The Admin who is Raid Boss
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Praise the Sun. (Mind Flayer)

The paladin listened and sighed softly. Leading Ichiro out so his freedom at least became official before someone shot him down with a crossbow in the arena without any consequence whatsoever with Vila just cowering now in his hair.

If you attack anyone in the streets without legal reason you'll be turned over by the order and put back in chains to await punishment, and in your case as a non-human, execution. Slavery is legal here, something we all have to deal with until it's abolished. If you hate that so much then Seek out the Rose. Become an assassin, though I doubt you have the guile for it and are too old to train. If you want to leave so badly we can smuggle you out on a mission and then you can do as you please I suppose. An Empty life in the end and a poor way to repay the divine help you were given. You think it was your muscle alone that won the day? Do you pay your friend NO respect at all? he said, gesturing at the top of his head where he could feel Vila.

I've yet to hear you even thank her, a sun sprite doesn't help mortals on a whim. he said, walking Ichiro through the gates and onto the cobbled streets.

I'll give you my own horse and all it's supplies, save my arms and armor, and you can take that axe and leave right now for the pass if you want. North, 3 days ride. You can trade the torc's weight in gold to the border guard to let you through and I suppose melt that axe which has served me for over 8 years into something more suitable if a city of law, even law you don't agree with is so abhorrent to you. He said, offering Ichiro the reins right then and there but pulling off the tabard of his order while people milled about the colliseum's exterior.

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"I understand that much, and I won't just blindly attack people, so you haven't any worries there sir," Ichiro said, sighing and looking up at the sky and sighing again as he took his first breath of freedom. "Aye, I'm no assassin. Nor am I... uncaring, despite what might have been said of me," Ichiro replied, feeling ashamed that he hadn't thanked Vila properly yet.

Closing his eyes as the paladin offered him his own horse and whatnot, Ichiro actually fell to his knees once they were out of sight of the crowd, and for the first time in a very long time, he cried, and grabbed the paladin's arms, shaking his head. "No sir, you... you've given me freedom and I forgot myself with my anger, my bitterness, and I have dishonored myself to you, and to Vila here. I would bring more dishonor on myself if I left things as they are, and it would be no better than spitting in your face, and Vila's," Ichiro said, his tail sinking to the ground a bit as he looked back up to the man who had shown him kindness, that he had all but scorned. "I apologize sir paladin. For so long, I have known nothing else but this place, the cruelty of it. I... I want to change this place and make it better, because the crowd... I know that not all of them hate me for not being human, and they don't all deserve my harsh words before. You are a good man, and have shown me kindness when I dared not believe I would ever receive any again. I will join your order, if you would truly have me after my harsh words before. And Vila, I thank you too, from the bottom of my heart. I don't really know how to express my gratitude enough to make up for the help you gave me, and to make up for my bitterness before," he went on to say as his body shook with little sobs that he couldn't stop now that he was out of that arena, where he swore to himself he would never set foot inside of it again without a good reason.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

The paladin watched him and let him talk, Vila buzzing down to look at him worried. Getting the tabard back on his horse, he patted Ichiro and knelt down with him, hugging him. It wasn't all that comfortable with all the armor, but it was honest and heartfelt.

I understand it Man. Honestly I do. I understand the anger and the pain. This is where you stand up and prove you're better then that. Then what anyone has said. Look even at your flesh. I wouldn't ignore a friend in need, let alone one baring such a mark on his flesh or a friend like you have gained in her. Such a rare and breathtaking thing to see. he said, before helping Ichiro up and giving him a belt for the axe.

You'll find I think... A new way to look at things, with us. If you try. no one can give you the years back, we can just give you what you need. That year is all the time you need to get coin in your pocket, enough for a long journey, and friends to see you home. It's shorter a time then you think, outside of a cell. he continued quietly, before putting a stern face back on for the people around they would pass. If he'd follow, He'd lead Ichiro on foot instead of riding through the streets, people cheering for him as they saw the Torc and waving at the Paladin who had yet to give a name towards the central Temple of Pelor. The streets were well tended, the houses sturdy, roses hung on every post, every lintel, growing and blooming under the spring heat as wind blew through and carried the beautiful scent. They made it through and around the back to the stables where he left the horse, setting it to feed and leading him in to what appeared to be something of a barracks. Here you've got a Room, a Bed, Food, and something to do, that isn't simply fighting for your life every day... And some clothes.... he said, seeming caught up in getting the basics sorted and leading Ichiro to a spacious and comfortable but utilitarian room with a good bed, a chest, and a wardrobe. he tossed a tunic and breeches, as well as good boots to Ichiro and thought about things. Maybe a Bath and then a meal... Get the blood off at least before you go to the altar to meet the high priest. I'm Knight Marshal Loran. he said, finally introducing himself as he started to peel off his armor and standing it on a rack. This was apparently Loran's room.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Ichiro looked up at the paladin as he spoke again with tears in his eyes, and when he was hugged for the first time in a very long time, he felt his anger beginning to wash away somewhat. "You're right... and I am better than them. Thank you for helping me to realize it sir," Ichiro replied, wiping the tears from his eyes as best he could to keep the crowd from seeing him like this as he got up and follow the paladin, putting his torc around his neck now and wearing it with pride... pride that the arena and its masters, could never take away from him.

If any of the onlookers waved to him, Ichiro would wave back as he passed, nodding to them and continuing onward towards the temple of Pelor that this paladin seemed to be leading him to. Once they got there, Ichiro took a deep breath and smelled the roses as the paladin put his horse into the stable. Ichiro reached up to his head and gently patted Vila's head with one finger and smiled up at her before following the man inside.

"I honestly don't know what I could do better than fighting, at least not something that others couldn't do better. But I thank you again, and... well, you can only apologize so much I guess. But I shall do so again for my earlier words. I am sorry for the harshness of my tone back at the arena. I hope it won't be held against me," Ichiro said before the paladin finally introduced himself as he took off his armor, where Ichiro moved to help him with the straps on the back and whatnot to make it easier for him, knowing his way around armor well enough. "And I am Ichiro Suzuka. And yes, a bath would be very nice, and... medical attention for these nicks I got. Then, the bacon I promised Vila," he went on to say, introducing himself in turn and bowing in a show of respect.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well. There's plenty of that to go around outside the city with the Undead lurking in the ridgelines and caves. Remnants and such of old evils and new. But I think maybe some time to properly relax and heal would do you some real good Ichiro. Well met. He said, leading him to the bath house, which was out back opposite the stables. Vila had stuck to his finger after the headrub and was clinging to his digit giggling playfully. Yes! Bacon! she laughed out as Ichiro remembered. We survive and now as glorious victors we celebrate with piggeh! she cried, zipping straight into the large bath with a little splash.

Bathe, relax, take your time, You've got a change of clothes since you're close enough to my own size, and there are towels over there on the rack. Loran said, pointing, before patting him on the shoulder and leaving probably to announce Ichiro to the High Priest. Or some other such nonsense that needed doing for him.

Vila meanwhile had suffered and squirted water from her mouth, an insect sized blonde glowing woman who just... always happy man. Always happy.

Sooooo! You lived and we shall eat Bacon. And i'm not gonna go anywhere cos.... why? I have you. GIANT ICHIRO!!! she cried, doing the backstroke with her wings.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"Thank you, and well met to you as well marshal Loran. And... yes you're right, it will I think," Ichiro replied to Loran about rest and relaxation helping more than anything else right now. "Hmhm, yes indeed we do get to eat a piggy, little Vila," he then told the little fairy now clinging to his finger, the sight of it lightening his heart, which would be very noticeable to Loran as he went into the bathhouse.

Sinking into the water, keeping his hand with Vila above the water as he did, Ichiro let the hot water slowly eat the dirt and grime from his body away. He gently scrubbed the skin around the cuts he had, while scrubbing a little harder everywhere else, and once he felt clean enough on his body, he sank his head under the water while Vila swam around, and washed his hair off, thinking idly to himself that he needed to cut it now that he had the chance. "Vila, thank you for helping me, and I will get you some bacon as promised... as much as you can fit in your little belly. Hmhm, and I'm not that big," Ichiro said, chuckling softly as she swam around.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

To me you are! Your dick is bigger then I am! she cried, laughing and splashing about, before zipping under the water and tugging his dick out straight and standing next to it holding her breath. She was actually shorter then his dick was long. As if to say. SEE!? YOU'RE HOOG!

She bubbled back up to the surface and started flopping about the bath house, unable to fly when her wings were wet it seemed, but managing to push soap and a brush towards him across the floor, riding the soap and using the slippery trail to slide the brush to him after, before rubbing her entire body on the soap and then cleaning up that way while he finally actually got to be clean.

Loran seems nice though. A bit scary but Nice. All that armor... and zombies... Buh. she said, creating a little cloud of bubbles in the water as she dove to rinse off.

Just think! We can eat and be happy all the time and you don't have to go back to that crappy arena place anymore. O! We could travel all over once your year is up! We could see ALL the things! she said getting all excited again.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"Hmhm, I suppose so Vila," Ichiro chuckled as Vila ducked under the water and pulled his dick out to measure it up against herself, where she was shorter than he was long.

Washing up and smiling and laughing softly as he watched her bringing the soap and a brush over, Ichiro felt more heaviness weighing his heart down beginning to leave now. Ichiro helped Vila get cleaned up too, rubbing his pinky finger down her back under her little wings for her, and after he'd gotten finished up washing and rinsing everything but his hair, he stopped for a few moments as Vila spoke. "Hmm... I have always wanted to see the fey realm, the ancient homeland and birthplace of my people. And to get there, we would have to venture over a great area," Ichiro said to Vila, sitting there pondering for a few moments more before he washed his hair. "I am curious though Vila. Why did you choose to help me?" he said once he'd finished washing his hair, looking at Vila and scooping her up so she could stand on his chest, which was above the water.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Because you were there. She answered simply, enjoying the backrub as he asked why she had actually helped him. I mean if you want to get downright technical it's because we were BOTH there. She said, making a large arc with her hand in the air and whistling before Splat. Into Ichiro-head... I'm actually surprised I didn't hit the window or the wall. Talk about Lucky! she said, giggling.

Suddenly she turned, and waved, and Ichiro could see two other Sun Sprites, and they didn't seem as happy as Vila always was, glaring at her from a window before darting in and pulling her out of the water.AHH! Let me... Get... No! What are you DOING! Helping the bigs! You know it's forbidden! Who are you! the little orange haired fairy cried, holding onto Vila's left arm. Yes, You have to come with us and Explain What you were Th Oof! the other started, a brunette who was a little taller, before Ichiro likely moved to save his friend, and found it was unnecessary as Vila went ham on the other two.

I SAID OFF! she screamed, snapping both her arms in, her eyes squinted shut in confusion and fear and bringing both of the other Sun Sprites into eachother before her hands were free.

Two solid punches to the redhead's ribs sent her away before Vila was turning to give the other a full on beating, a low fist to her knee followed by a short lunge and an uppercut, Ichiro recognizing the pose from the vision he'd been shown in his cell before the battle. Two more strikes to her gut and then a knee and a leap that left her pivoted on her other foot as a violent spinning kick landed her heel into the brunette's jaw and sent her literally flying away almost a foot.

And then she was back on the redhead, landing her knee into her shoulder, and grabbing those shoulders before spinning behind her and throwing her hard into the stone, bouncing her off her back and slamming her fist into her gut in a high overhand open palmed strike that laid her completely flat, the end of the combination he'd been shown before when they'd first met. It was breath taking to see such skill, even in someone so small. She looked very confused at everything as she looked at both of the sun sprites, looking at Ichiro with tears in her eyes, before her wings flared with light and the water on them dried off, Vila zipping back into his chest and clinging there. I don't even know you! Why would you take me away! He needs me! He needs me more then any of you! How dare you! I... I.. she couldn't keep going, just crying against his chest and holding on tight. Even though she'd left both of the other sprites barely able to stand and definitely hurt.

If anything had been done for certain, she'd clipped their wings, both of them having one that was bent and they were both obviously in pain but she was too scared to do anything for them as they laid on the bath house floor, the brunette crying out as she tried to stand up, the redhead unconcious.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"Well, either way little one, I'm glad you did show up when you did, else I would have surely died," Ichiro said with a soft smile.

When the other sun sprites zoomed in and grabbed Vila, Ichiro was about to grab her and pull her back, before Vila kicked their asses, the flash of the vision he'd had when Vila imbued him with power as he watched her beat them down like a brawler. When Vila zoomed back over to him and clung to his chest, Ichiro gently laid a hand over her protectively, as he sat there with her. "Little one, you shouldn't have hurt them like that, because I can be punished for that you know. Can you heal them?" Ichiro said to Vila, gently patting her back with one finger and looking worriedly at the other two.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

She shook her head little face buried in his face but a new voice cut through the moment. I can. But I'd have some questions answered... someone said, the voice full of open authority.

Turning, Ichiro would see an old man, grey hair grown to the small of his back and pinned in gold, clean shaven and with piercing, hawk like blue eyes that regarded the scene with a mix of curiosity and confusion. He was standing there in a long white robe embossed with gold thread across the chest with the order's symbol and he swept up the other sprites in his hands, cradling them gently before sitting cross legged on the floor across from Ichiro and Vila.

I am Praetor, High Priest of Pelor and holy father of this order come to greet a new member, even if temporary, in person only to find a battle between Sprites. And one with an unusual capacity for violence. Why is there a conflict. he asked Ichiro as golden light started to curl in wisps around the two sprites, starting to repair the damage done.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Looking to the doors as the new voice spoke, Ichiro saw the older man standing there, could feel that this man was the leader of this place, or one of them at least. "I am Ichiro Suzuka. And this is Vila, who is apparently attached to me. I don't mind it that much, as it's because of her that I lived today," Ichiro said, introducing himself to the priest and extending his hand to shake the other man's. "I do not know what they were doing, but they were going to take Vila, and she didn't like it," he added, looking down at Vila and still curious why she clung to him like she was.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

The priest hrmed thoughtfully as he continued to slowly heal the sprites in his hands, the redhead whimpering softly as her wing straightened. Why were you trying to take her? Surely you have no call to demand she leave this man. He asked her, since she was the only one of two still awake.

We're not supposed... To interfere like that. We light the streets we tend the flowers, we guide the light. But so long as all the other fey are unwelcome we do not give such blessings to the people here. she groaned, Vila still cowering, like she was terrified of something and she wasn't speaking on it.

We don't even recognize her. we've never seen her before. We were going to take her to the Mother to explain. But... Ugh. she groaned out again, falling asleep as the healing took fully and the priest stood to set them gently on towels under the sunlight.

So that's it... Ichiro, you may not know this. Sun Sprites are not like the usual Fairy. All sprites should recognize and know every member of their family no matter how old or extensive... That this little one isn't recognized means she isn't of Here. She's from somewhere else. Isn't that right Little Light. he said, Vila hiding even further, curling up in Ichiro's hand, completely concealing herself against his chest under her hand.

No no no no questions. They hurt. I don't know. I don't want to know. I know my name, I know Ichiro needs me. I don't want to leave Ichi, Don't make me Leave Ichi! she wailed from under his palm. He could feel her tears on his skin, tiny or not. Praetor sighed and looked at Ichiro. What will you do? With her. he asked plainly, glancing at the others who were resting under a slender beam of light from the window.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"My people are originally from the fey realm, surely that counts for something," Ichiro said, looking curious about the redhead's words as her wings were healed.

After the priest set the sprites down, both now unconscious, Ichiro looked to Vila as the priest spoke some more. "I see, I didn't know that exactly. I know that harming the sprites here is punishable by death to one such as myself, and to a human, they'd get punished pretty severely, even one of the nobles would," Ichiro said, looking down to Vila again as he felt her little tears against his chest, and feeling sympathy for her, where he gently brushed her hair with one of his pinky fingers.

"I don't know, high priest. But she saved my life. I would not have anyone harm her, nor punish her for anything, so long as I could help it," Ichiro told Praetor, looking down at the little sprite that clung to him as if her life depended on it. "I do know that I promised her some bacon though, and I mean to give her that much if I can," he added, cupping his large hand over the sprite on his chest and letting her stay there as long as she wanted.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Mmm I think that is for the best as well. She doesn't want to leave you. And I have no authority to make her. Perhaps these two are simply too quick to act. They probably spotted her in the arena with you. Or saw the markings. He said, gesturing at Ichiro's palms and chest.

Not even the mention of Bacon could rouse Vila from her hiding right away, seeming just... completely beside herself at the idea of being taken away or being made to leave ichiro who for whatever reason she had become attached to very quickly.

Sent such a companion in a time of need... I wouldn't send her away even if I had that authority. I'll send these two off with a message and leave it at that. But Little Light... Be careful, don't go about showing such violence to your fellows. I'll let the guards know as well that you will have a Sprite as a companion so they do not grow confused. It's very rare, but not unheard of. Such a blessing. he continued, standing and scooping up the towel the other two little golden fairies were resting on, and taking them with him. Your room is next to Loran's and it's well stocked with basic clothing and the like. Just... follow his lead for now, I think he intends fully to let you rest and heal. Something I agree with. Well met Ichiro Suzuka. Little Light Vila. he said softly, leaving them in peace where only then would Vila stir underneath his hand, sniffling.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"Aye, and after the help she gave me, I wouldn't ask her to leave either. I owe her everything really," Ichiro said, looking down at Vila, who still seemed quite distraught.

"Yes Vila, Praetor is right about that, you shouldn't attack them. I won't let them take you, I promise you that," Ichiro promised Vila, gently sliding a pinky under her chin to raise her head up to look at him as he smiled down at her. "Thank you high priest. I appreciate that," he told Praetor as the man left and he got Vila back up.

"Come, we should dry off and get to my room so I can get dressed in something more than rags, and then bacon... I promised you bacon, and I want bacon too, because who doesn't like bacon," Ichiro told Vila to try and cheer her up as he chuckled softly.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Vila wriggled around a bit until she was sure they were alone again and looked up at him, nodding and wiping her eyes. It's not fair. None of it is fair. Meanies. she sniffed, fluttering over to the towels and rolling around on one until she was dry, having to squeeze out her hair. They grabbed me. It's not my fault I'm more Fairy then they are. she said, crossing her arms, her little tail lashing about angrily. But mention of more bacon got her to perk back up.

So she tried HARD as she could to get a towel to Ichiro. Which although hilarious, was pretty ineffective, only winding up with her squeaking as it toppled over and flopped onto her on the floor, having to wriggle out from under it. He had a room, there were clothes in it, his friend was safe, although a little bit of a mystery still, and he was being allowed to properly rest and relax. And apparently his fists exploded. Life could certainly be worse at the moment. He'd actually forgotten what it felt like to be clean.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"I know little one, it's alright. I promise, I won't let them take you away from me if you don't want to go," Ichiro told Vila and chuckled even more at her attempts to bring him a towel.

He took the towel and got himself dried off, before helping Vila dry off too, and then heading to his new room. Once inside the room, he tended to his wounds, bandaging them up if they were still bleeding any, and then he laid back on the bed for a few moments, staring up at the ceiling. "Little one, Vila, I am starving. Let's go get that bacon, or at least see if they will cook us some," Ichiro said after about a minute or relaxing on the bed, swinging his legs over the side, grabbing the boots that had been left for him, and going to look for Loran to ask where he could get some food.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

His wounds were already gone, small wisps of golden light curling from his skin he had entirely failed to notice this entire time. Vila grinning at Ichiro from her own spot up on the wardrobe watching, sticking out her tongue as he relaxed, before he saw her grab a fly and toss it into a spider web up there with a Hooray!

When he got up though and mentioned eating, she zipped straight back down into his hair like a little glowing rocket and grabbed some of his hair, snapping it like reins. Yah! Yah! And you'd better not or I'm gonna beat you up to. she said about being made to leave him.

Looking for Loran several younger acolytes in brown robes showed him to a training yard on the eastern side of the large temple, where they'd see him training without his armor, a wide patch around him clear of anyone as he went through drills with his sword. There were almost no thrusts in his style, all great cleaving slashes meant to be backed up with a shield. It was not for fighting humans, that much was certain because Ichiro didn't see a single motion in there not meant to completely sever a limb... or in many cases the head from the shoulders.

He stopped when he saw Ichiro and grinned. You look better! Much better! Hello as well Little Light! he called, seeming to be in better spirits himself after some exercise, grabbing a towel and wiping the sweat from his face. Come to train? or did you need something else? he asked, Vila immediately crying out Take us to your Bacon! We are mighty conquerors with a mighty hunger! Look at the shiny thing see!? she said, pointing down at the torc.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Finding his wounds had already been healed by someone or something, likely Vila he idly thought to himself, or one of the paladins, Ichiro got his clothes on before laying back. After he watched her basketball throw a fly into a spiderweb, he raised back up and mentioned food, and chuckled as she zoomed over to land in his hair again as he headed out of the bedroom to find Loran or anyone to point him to where he could get food.

After he found Loran, with the help of some younger acolytes steering him along, Ichiro nodded to him when Loran spoke, and smiled softly. "Aye, and I feel much better as well. And what she said, I am starving and I promised her bacon, and I'd like some myself if possible. Also, did you heal my wounds?" Ichiro said, chuckling as looked up at Vila.