Praise the Sun. (Mind Flayer)

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

The Admin who is Raid Boss
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Praise the Sun. (Mind Flayer)

We are tested all our lives, Ichiro Suzuka. Others after those lives end. Some further. You have a Sprite as a friend, so your heart hasn't been found wanting. No Ichiro, I'm a revenant, a spirit of vengeance, a creature of retribution. A soul bound to that task until it's seen through. And well, much as my sister would like to think she got them all, I hate to say she missed a spot. It's worked out in the end I suppose. He sighed, looking up at the sky.

Shacked up with Paladins, cleared the arena, well done by the way. Just, in general you know. So you can fight. But I have to wonder... You met a monster fighting a woman in the old ruins. What did you think, of that creature. he asked, locking his eyes on Ichiro's. Vila was cowering openly in his pocket, clutching her chest. It hurts Ichi... it hurts so much...

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Ichiro listened to the Revenant talk, and when asked what he thought of the creature that he'd seen in the outskirts, Ichiro sighed. "It was a horrible beast of a thing. Obviously not human, but... it meant something to that woman that fought it, obviously," Ichiro replied, before looking down to Vila in his pocket. "Little one, what's wrong? What's hurting?" Ichiro then asked Vila with a worried expression on his face.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ichiro found that his head wouldn't obey him, at all, he couldn't move. The Revenant's eyes were glowing. A horrible Beast... That's what she was to you... Meant Something... I forgot how Blind the rest of the world is. I will Open your eyes. He said softly.

The movement was a literal blur. Ichiro had never seen anyone move so fast, time slowed and Vila cried out in pain befor Ichiro's shirt exploded and the Revenant was struck with...a fist.

Standing between them now, the Revenant pushed back, both blades out for the kill, stood a woman, lines curling over her flesh, her body glowing with the same light Vila would often show. She was more silhouette then woman, and where her heart would have been, was Vila, curled up tightly, clutching her knees, unconscious while this thing stood between them, a stance familiar to Ichiro, the same one used to smack the shit out of the other fairies, taken firmly.

I Hurt.... I still Feel... the thing breathed, a soft golden cloud escaping her lips as she spoke in a monotone. The Thing Vila carried inside her, that had marked both the fairy and ichiro, the source of the memories and the pain, stood bared to the Okami, to Cosimo, and to the Revenant. You will Hurt. You will Feel... she hissed, changing her stance while the Revenant snarled. The second exchange was short, the Revenant coming in again only for the woman made of light to step between his blades and deliver three thunderous blows that banished it entirely back into it's statuette, before turning on Cosimo.

She can't see me... Child... Why can't you see me. the pirate said, the proud man, this captain of bearing and power, dropping to his knees with tears in his eyes. Ichiro felt the hold on him break with the banishing of the spirit, and as the danger it posed passed, so did the woman, fading away and leaving Vila to be caught up by the Okami. She was out cold. Take the Sprite. he said, his moment of weakness passing, as the other Okami, and the Woman he'd brought both reached for weapons, or in the Okami's case, simply flexing his hands. If he was going to run, now was the time. If he was going to try and explain, he had seconds, and if he was going to fight, well... It was going to be hard.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

As Ichiro felt his body not responding to his commands, and the revenant starting to come towards him, his eyes widened a bit, before his shirt exploded, and he saw a fist slam into the revenant. Ichiro looked at the woman, with Vila at her heart, and he recognized the fighting stance as the one Vila had used to beat the hell out of the other fairies before. Ichiro was at a loss for words as he watched the brightly lit woman beat down the Revenant.

Ichiro gasped softly as he felt the magical hold on him released, and he nearly fell to his knees, as the woman faded from existence, and he caught Vila before she fell to the ground. Ichiro immediately drew his axe as Cosimo told them to take Vila from him. "You can't take her from me. If you do, she will die, and whatever that woman was will die too. I'm not saying that as a threat, I mean it literally. She will die if she's taken from my side. We are bound to one another, and that... whatever, or whoever, it is, is bound to her, because Vila is protecting it... her. She... the woman that was just here. Her memories... at least, I think they're her memories... they keep flooding over into Vila, and from Vila, into me. W-Who is she?" Ichiro said quickly, taking a couple of steps back as he spoke, trying to diffuse the situation before it broke into a fight that he doubted that he'd win without Vila's help.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Cosimo was rising to his feet and drawing a sword, seeming deaf to Ichiro's words, but the other Okami and the Wraith that had vanished, but had dropped down in front of Agatha froze. He's telling the truth. Or he's a fantastic liar. You sure? Yes. Run Ichiro. He said, Turning on Cosimo immediately and standing between them, giving him half a chance because the pirate had reached for a sword that was pouring a rolling fog off it's blade and twisted like a snake. This was not a man he would beat. And that spoke to nothing about the brace of pistols he was wearing. The other assassin, the woman, was trying to lead them down an alley only for a pink mist to explode out of the base of her skull, as she collapsed instantly slain. DIANA! NO! GOD DAMNIT GET OUT OF HERE! he howled at Ichiro, doing his damnedest to just keep Cosimo back without getting killed himself and with no one having any idea where the shot had come from. But a smell had risen with the shot. It stank of Sulfur, and a rare mineral from Ichiro's homeland. Ferokin.

If his nose wasn't lying then that shot could have come from miles off. And now he spotted it, a pair of soft flashes far in the distance from the top of a clocktower...

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Seeing Cosimo not stopping, Ichiro prepared to fight, until the other okami there told him to run, and Ichiro had instantly grabbed Agatha and was following the woman away without looking back at Cosimo, especially after seeing the pistols the man had, and the aura pouring off of him. Ichiro did not want to mess with that.

Before they'd gotten very far, Ichiro saw the woman's head suddenly explode in a pinkish mist, as she fell to the ground, dead. Ichiro started to stop and check on the woman, until the okami shouted for him to run, where he did as told, grabbed Agatha's wrist, and pulled her along, keeping her head low to keep another bullet from hitting them next one that came at her, though he could smell of sulfur was very obvious from the thing.

"I don't know what the hell is going on, but I don't want to stay and find out," Ichiro said to Agatha, pulling her along as he spotted the flashes from the clock tower. "Hey, the clock tower up there! That's where the shooter is!" Ichiro called back to the other okami as he ran with Agatha as he pointed at the clock tower he's seen them come from.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

I don't give a FUCK where the shooter is Ichiro! We need to get back to the Temple and Praetor! Agatha shouted, yanking her hand away to run on her own now. Use that damned nose of yours or something And what the FUCK is with your fairy?! Who was that shiny woman?! she said, continuing to lose her fucking mind at the moment to keep from panicking, leening around a corner only to jerk back swiftly as another bullet almost tore her face off. Right! Not that way.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"Well I care, because it tells us where we can and cant hide!" Ichiro cried back to her, keeping his head ducked down a bit as they ran. "And I don't know Agatha. If I knew, I'd tell you," he added giving her a tug back as she was nearly shot in the face.

"Let's stick to the alleys, I doubt the main streets are safe right now. And I don't know who the fuck that is shooting, but they want me dead... and whoever I'm with, that much is obvious," Ichiro said after the bullet nearly took Agatha's face off.

He looked around and tried to find a path that wasn't in direct sight of the clocktower, to give them a chance of getting out of there, and assuming he found an alleyway, he would grab Agatha and rush down it, following it and edging them back towards the temple, using his sense of smell to help find a good safe path.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ichiro was given aid once more when he needed it most. maybe. possibly. It could simply have been the most annoying pair of animals he would ever meet in his entire life. And he would swear by that statement later as Agatha was made to jump back again as a black cat landed on her head. Neko neko neko... It said, rather fucking clearly, before bounding onto Ichiro's head. I am bad luck kitty. Beeeware~! it said, waggling it's forepaws at him in a spooky manner before a...

well then.

It was a terrier, a Tiny terrier, that had snow white fur. And IT TOO WAS SPEAKING. We Definitely don't have time for this! Either leave the nice people alone or help them! also Woof. You saw nothing. The dog said, deadpanning as it regarded the pair and the cat landed next to it.

Help? We can help. YOU can help. He DEFINITELY wants to shoot me more then you. the cat said, the tiny dog growling at the cat before snorting. Fine. You there, Giants of indescribable size and terror. Follow me. it said, the white yorkshire terrier scooting back the way they'd come as the cat wandered right into the middle of the street, lowered it's front, and waved it's ass at the clock tower without a single ounce of fear.

which was impressive since it had just very clearly stated that the shooter would love to plug it to death with his rifle.

DENIED! the cat suddenly said, leaping into the air and Catching the bullet, popping it into it's mouth and charging after the pomeranian. Baf lurf cah sikes again! it mumbled, the pair leading them back around the corner and Away from the temple. He Definitely knows where the wolfboy is going cat. the dog said, waggling it's stubby little tail uselessly as it ran, FUCKPIRATENOTTHATWAY! it suddenly squealed, turning hard right and down into an alley as they almost ran straight into Cosimo and then led the pair charging towards the western edge of the city it looked like. It was a residential district, tall buildings, bad lines of sight. It'd be fucking hard to shoot them here. The pair had stopped in a plaza against a small shopfront and the cat was rolling the odd looking bullet around in it's paws while the dog had flopped onto it's tiny back. We totalllly almost died there cat. We!? You're the one who was going "O look at the poor people down there, let's help them instead of paying attention to the mean fucker in the clocktower SHOOTING AT US! AND THEM! BUT US TO!" the cat yowled in response. Considering you're supposedly Good Luck Dog you GET US SHOT AT ALOT! WHO CARES YOU CAN CATCH BULLETS YOU PRANK HAPPY BITCH! the dog answered, the pair fighting furiously for several moments before remembering they had a pair of guests at their complete lack of a home, both looking up at them like they expected something.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"W-What the... hell!" Ichiro said as the black cat pounced onto his head and... spoke.

When the terrier came into view, Ichiro actually began laughing, especially when it spoke. "Alright, what is this, please? Have I gone completely insane?" Ichiro asked the two, still laughing, for some bizarre reason.

Ichiro looked between the two as they spoke further, listening as the dog told him to follow. "I... you know what, fuck it, I'm willing to believe anything now. Alright, we'll follow you," Ichiro told the dog, sighing softly as he prepared to do as told.

"So that shooter is a he?" Ichiro asked curiously as the cat strolled into the middle of the street and shook its ass at the clock tower without a lick of fear.

Watching the cat snatch the bullet right out of the air, Ichiro ran out and followed the two out of the alley they'd taken cover in. Running close to the dog and the cat, Ichiro rounded the corner with the dog and stopped, turned and ran the other way right with the dog when they saw Cosimo again. After turning and running again, Ichiro followed them, with Agatha's hand still in his, whether she liked it or not. When they finally came to a stop, Ichiro was panting heavily, trying to catch his breath as the cat began playing with the bullet in its paws. "May I see that, little one?" Ichiro asked the cat curiously, reaching for the bullet, once they had finished talking to one another.

"Why... did you two help us? And, thank you, very much," Ichiro asked, kneeling down and smiling to the two with a very thankful look in his eyes that they had come when they did.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Both the dog and the cat rolled over onto their backs, the cat holding the bullet possessively. Rubs first. Yeah Rubs! we're heroes! the dog mirrored, Agatha just, entirely unsure what to say about anything... cos... well.... Really!? Fucking Really!? That's what her face said at least.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Ichiro chuckled and reached down and petted them both on their belly's, and scratching them lightly. "May I have the bullet please, little one?" Ichiro asked the cat gently, scratching its belly, and moving to scratch it behind its ears too, before switching to the dog, and repeating the process for it too.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yush the cat said, letting the bullet flop as it wriggled around in it's bellyrubs, before the little, well, tiny, TINY dog got some to. You could fit the fucker in a teacup.

The bullet was made entirely of what appeared to be crystal, and had a set of scorch marks all along the back. Also yes, the shooter is a He, and HE is not very nice. No one is nice here. We ask for food, we get SCREAMED at like we're demons, and the only demon here is... That... THING. Cat. YOU ARE MANY THINGS AND A CAT IS NOT ONE OF THEM! neko neko neko~

Despite arguing constantly they appeared to be quite used to eachother and this little bit they did didn't seem to be anything new, with the cat's flippant and carefree attitude, or more accurately Devil may Care attitude, offsetting the dog's almost neurotic insistance on doing the smart/intelligent/cautious/nice thing. Bad luck Cat, and Good luck Dog.

I didn't help you. Goody two shoes helped you. I stole a shiny. the cat yawned, wriggling cutely for Agatha until she too relented and pet the kitty. You helped. You're just too stupid to see how. He likes your shiny. But... but it's my shiny! You have a whole collection of those damned things the dog answered smoothly, wriggling up to pull a torn up shoe out from behind a crate, with several of the odd bullets. The cat had been annoying the fuck out of this one guy apparently for awhile now. There were at least 7. So the bullet catching was no fluke. How in the hell.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"You two really helped us back there. I thank you, very much," Ichiro said, smiling down at the two as he pet and patted them both, switching back and forth for a minute or two as he got the bullet and looked closely at it, deciding to hang onto it for now and slipping it into his trousers pocket.

"What can you tell me of him then you two? And do you have names by chance? I'm Ichiro, and this is Agatha, and the little sprite in my shirt pocket is Vila," Ichiro asked the two. "And please, I would appreciate it if you would let me keep the shiny. It may help me track that shooter down and pay him back for the trouble he was causing me earlier. In exchange, I wouldn't mind giving you both some food and maybe a place to stay. If that's alright with you Agatha," Ichiro said, glancing up at Agatha with a bit of a hopeful look on his face, as he didn't feel he could just turn them away after the help they'd given him.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

pay him back? He'll totally shoot you dead. Boomboompow. the cat said, wriggling some more before hopping up to peak into his pocket while he was bent over. Dog. Doooog. DOOOG! looky. the cat said, reaching in a paw to poke at Vila.

Good Luck Dog wriggled up onto it's legs, before pawing the cat out of the way. Gah! He's got Giggles! How'd he get Giggles!? Duh, Giggles was hurt super bad, so she's hiding. In a fairy!? Where else would giggles hide but in something that giggles alot! ..... truth. they said.

We gotta fix Giggles. We can't fix Giggles, we need Bossy to fix Giggles. Smushy and Smashy could fix Giggles but they got all cranky dog whined in answer, the cat looking up at Ichiro How'd you get Giggles. Let's go to your house, then tell us how you got Giggles. the cat said. Ichiro... What the fuck is up with you and that Sprite. I'm... Praetor is not gonna be happy about a black cat. And we should really get back.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"I meant beating the hell out of whoever it is when I could catch him unawares," Ichiro commented about the gunner.

When the cat pointed at Vila and the two talked to one another. "Wait... you two know the thing that's inside of Vila?" Ichiro asked the two as he looked between them. "And who is this... Bossy you speak of?" he then asked the two curiously.

"I understand Agatha, but, I mean... they may be able to help me with Vila. I mean, they obviously know the entity that's inside of her, to some degree at least. And if it'll help her, I'll do anything," Ichiro told Agatha before getting up, scooping the two animals up and their belongings they had stuffed away there.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

There's a bunch of us, Giggles is one, Smushy, Smashy, Me, Dog, Zappy, Wooshy, Sprinkles, Hurty, and Bleh. Yeah them. Bunches. And then there's Bossy. Bossy is super tricky though. She's usually with us. But she's hiding to, just like Giggles. Mmmhm, she was hurt superbad to. But not the same. Hurty and Bleh and Smashy hurt Bossy. they explained... if that could be called explaining.

Dog preferred to ride with Agatha, and the woman found herself scratching the tiny adorable dog without even meaning to. Ichiro's crazy. That's what this allll is. she muttered, Dog panting happily, little tail all awaggle while Cat rode on Ichiro's shoulder like a parrot.

They were well into the night when they made it back to the church, and Praetor was standing on the steps in a full suit of crimson enamel and titanus armor, a tower shield emblazoned with a massive blood red sun on it, and a bastard sword in his other hand, only his face visible beneath the wall of plate that was his armor. Holy fuck priest is HOOGE! the cat said, Dog whining and trying to hide in Agatha's cleavage, making her eep and wriggle around.

Talking animals now. Lovely. Do I even WANT to know Ichiro. Praetor said, looking more intimidating then the okami had ever seen him. I'mma poop in his boots. the cat muttered, looking at the man crankily.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Ichiro listened, with quite a serious look on his face, as if he understood them both, partially to keep from laughing at the mere craziness at a dog and a cat talking, and working together to boot, but also because he knew that they knew something about Vila, or at least what was inside of Vila anyway. "Maybe I am, Agatha. But I know that they know something about Vila, and that's all I need to know," Ichiro told Agatha as they walked, and she took the dog. "And you two can tell me all about each of those you mentioned when we get back, and I tell you about Vila here," he added to the dog and cat duo.

When they got back to the temple, Ichiro was thankful that Praetor was actually waiting on the front steps, though he wasn't sure if the man was waiting for him specifically, or what however. "Aye Praetor, talking animals. We went to the harbor because of this message I got, with this gauntlet, and these two saved us both. I'll tell you the rest inside. But first, I need you to check on Vila for me, something is wrong with her, and she's been out for a while now," Ichiro said to Praetor when he'd spoken, gently pulling Vila out of his shirt pocket where he'd been holding her close. "And please, don't do that little one, I would appreciate it if you didn't," Ichiro whispered back to the cat. when he mentioned he'd poop in Praetor's boots.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

... Something you should know puppyman. I dun give a FUCK! the cat hissed back as Praetor put away that rediculously large sword and held out a gauntleted hand, turning to walk back inside. We heard gunshots. I took front watch. Loran is in the back. And what did you do... he asked Vila quietly, looking down at her as they clanked their way back into the temple. No one was in sight, everyone was holed up, but likely ready for the worst.

This isn't like last time. The other part of her is trying to wake up, or tried. It's put her to sleep to give it the best chance. He said, sitting down into a pew heavily and regarding her.

Agatha kissed Ichiro on the cheek and set down Dog, who flopped over to Praetor. I'm going to bed. Pretending this is all a dream. she said, leaving him alone with Praetor.

Then... I dunno. Help? Giggles, not the Sprite. Maybe Giggles has something she needs to say? She's not the type to do that though. No she's not. Must be Suuuuper important. Do it or I'mma poop in your big hat too. All priests have giant hats. the cat said, Praetor turning to glare at it. Be quiet fluffy hellspawn. I am Fluffy, and Yes, I am a shard of the greater chaos you mortals call hell. But I was totes not spawned there. Just like puppy is the opposite. The shiny thing. Umm... Happyplace? Celestial. You're a celestial boob. Ass You're a Ass Nu uh HOLYFUCKWHY!?

They'd started bickering again before Vila grew that outer shell of a body and the ghostly golden woman was standing there, glaring around the room at everyone. She didn't seem to want anything to do with them, but she strayed to Ichiro's side almost instinctively, and she didn't appear to be all there just yet. Like she was coming out of some very heavy sleep. Giggles Sees All the cat muttered, which probably meant, if the pair of insane animals had told the truth, that the golden woman here, could pinpoint each and every other thing like her and the animals, and that seemed to be what she was doing, drawing her gaze around at things they couldn't see. But it's nighttime.... Smushy and Giggles work together even if they're apart. What Smushy knows, Giggles knows, and the opposite. So she's using Smushy. Oooooo But Smushy is up in the mountains cos of Smashy. She's probably trying to find Whooshy...

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"Please little one, I'll give you bacon if you would listen to my request," Ichiro whispered to the cat.

"I see... well that would explain the strange woman that formed out of my chest and punched that revenant thing of Cosimo's, right in the face," Ichiro commented as they made their way back in, when Praetor mentioned the other entity in Vila was trying to come out. "Alright Agatha, I'll get some rest soon too, but I suppose I need to explain to Praetor what's happened, and then to these two how I came across Vila," he added when Agatha said she was going to bed, returning the kiss and smiling at her.

While the two pesky animals were bickering back and forth, talking about Giggles again, Ichiro was more concerned with his friend than the bickering really. After a few moments, he saw the ghostly woman appearing again, and while the cat and dog spoke, Ichiro stared at the ghostly woman. When he realized what she was doing, his eyes widened. She was trying to show him where the other beings like herself were, at least, that's what she seemed to be doing anyway, if the animals could be believed. "Praetor... do you have a map of the city, and the outlying areas of it? If so, bring it... quickly, please," Ichiro asked the priest. "Miss... can you understand me? If so, you need only nod, if you can't talk. Can you pinpoint where the others like yourself are with a map?" Ichiro then asked the ghostly woman.