Praise the Sun. (Mind Flayer)

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

The Admin who is Raid Boss
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Praise the Sun. (Mind Flayer)

Ichiro's questions caused the apparition to turn it's head abruptly and stare directly at Ichiro. She was awake now, and she was not Happy at All. She was Furious. Reaching out a hand, the bullet in Ichiro's pocket zipped into her hand and filled with light as she studied it. Who are you. She Loves you. Dearly. Who are you. Not your name, I know your name. Who are your people, what are your Dreams. I have Bathed in the Light of this temples God and he cannot interfere. So his Light is Mine just as my Sisters claim the Light and Darkness of those others who are barred from this City. she said, while Praetor brought the map and froze at her words.

What Blasphemy are you speaking of in my halls. The Gods are Denied you. The Queen of All the waters in all the lands and heavens has Claimed Holy War against the compact of all gods with the resurgance of the broken one. This place, Is Forsaken Ground, Priest. Quiet Priest, she's reeeally angry. Just let her talk, or she's gonna start breaking things and she doesn't have a body you can hurt.... if you were a necromancer maybe.... But you're tota

Praetor reached behind him and withdrew a skull made of ebony and cracked bone, causing the sun woman to darken visibly. He put it away quickly however. So it is. My time is short. This creature is unwilling to be parted from the Okami male. It's touching... reminds me of my own love. Okami. Answer my Question or I will find another host. The sundering of the sprite will slay you both. she said plainly, standing there, every holy symbol in the temple glowing brilliantly with the force of her question. She would Know ichiro the way no one in this city did. She wanted the truth of his soul and his life.

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Watching the ghostly woman turn to him and then speak, he felt a bit... scared to be honest. He was about to answer, before Praetor spoke up and interrupted, and then the cat told him to pretty much shut the hell up or else the ghostly woman would start breaking things. Listening to the woman talk further though, Ichiro felt even more scared, especially when she mentioned sundering the sprite, meaning Vila he knew. Ichiro didn't care about his own well being anymore, but he would rather burn in every one of the 9 hells, than let anything happen to Vila because of him.

"My people, are... or were, the okami to the north of here. I was taken from them, enslaved. Praetor here, and his people at this temple, have given me a place to live, and Vila, the sprite, she saved my life. I owe her everything. And I suppose my dreams... would be to protect her mostly, and I would do anything I can for her... I would even die for her if I had to, to repay her for the kindness she showed me. I don't know why you would tell me that you would sunder from her, when she helped you, and kill her, and me as well. But I don't think that's very fair honestly. Is the love you mentioned though, by any chance related to the woman that Loran and myself met in the badlands of the city? The one we were trying to help against... I'm assuming one of the ones these two mentioned," Ichiro replied to the ghostly woman, unsure of what she really wanted to hear him say here, since she already knew so much about him apparently, so he spoke as best he could. "I get the feeling though that the one who shot that at me, was the same one that caused all of the commotion in this place. And if I can, I'd like to find him, so that I can beat the hell out of him for it. Because he's tried to kill me, and Agatha both, and he did kill a woman that was with Cosimo and another okami that was with him, name was Diana I think, at least that's what the okami man shouted when she was shot," he went on to say.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Not because I would want to, or wish to. But because Ichor is Approaching and Quickly. She knows I have answers to some of her questions, and would gain from my death. I will not hesitate to kill the Sprite, and You to save my unborn children. You are from the North, Your people are the Okami. You will do anything to save the Sprite. Priest of the Damned, A monster approaches, you should seal this place. Ichiro, save the sprite, and Run North to the mountains. This will be your odyssey, find the Moon your people call to. She's waiting. The woman said. Turning her eyes to the door. Too late. This temple must be fled... she said, slipping into a stance as the door literally melted into a pool of slime.

What was standing there was a woman. She seemed to be identical in build and shape to Ichiro's golden ghost, but a miasma of green smoke boiled off of her body and jagged green lines painted lightly scaled flesh. Sola... Sola Dear... Tell me what you've seen... Tell me how to kill our Prison and Keep our forms. There's so much to know here.... she hissed, her mouth splitting to reveal long dripping fangs as Praetor reached for his sword and her head swiveled, mouth opening wide to spit a bolt of ichor at the blade and pew, forcing Praetor back from the hissing, spitting, melting wood and steel. What is this Praetor muttered, looking at the smoking ruin of what used to be a likely heavily enchanted blade.

This is... Really bad. Ok! You both should keep arguing somewhere else Giggles, and me and sparkly will deal with Bleh. The cat said, the dog nodding.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Hearing the ghostly woman saying that she wouldn't hesitate to kill Ichiro and Vila for the sake of her unborn children, made Ichiro's eyes widen a bit. He hadn't known children were involved, and unborn ones at that. "I... didn't know there were children involved. I would never wish harm on a child, but neither would I willingly allow Vila to be hurt if I can help it," Ichiro said to the ghostly woman before she said it was too late.

When he saw the door melting, Ichiro tensed visibly and drew his axe. He couldn't leave without at least a tiny bit of preparation... hell he'd be leaving what little he had in the way of belongings if he did. When he saw the similar, yet obviously vile ghostly woman to Giggles, Ichiro gulped and for the first time in a long while, he felt his blood run cold. "Praetor... run, get the others... now. Tell Agatha where I've gone and that I'll be back as soon as I can," Ichiro muttered to Praetor, before reaching out and grabbing Giggles, or Sola as the new... creature, called her, around the waist, throwing her over his shoulder without caring what she had to say, and then running the other direction. "Don't get yourselves killed little ones, and I promise I'll give you both some bacon," Ichiro called back as he set off with Sola.

Ichiro ran as fast as he could with Sola over his shoulder, and along the way, he stopped for only a few moments in the armory, to grab his sword and shield, and a suit of the chainmail for at least a tiny bit of protection, and then he ran onward, going out the back where Loran supposedly was still at.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sola yelped as she was scooped up and seemed about to resist until another bolt of acid hissed over her shoulder and the cat clicked it's tongue. Oooo, too bad! You missed! What a shame! the cat teased, sitting there calmly, tail wagging back and forth while the little dog flopped up against it's back, probably to ride it. BEWARE OUR ULTIMATE FORM! catdog! it whined in it's high pitched little voice as the cat stood, the tiny dog riding it. Ichor cocked her head to the side and a wave of poison boiled through the room, several stones falling from the ceiling this time straight out of the fucking roof to smash around, kicking the gas around the animals and nearly crushing the woman.

I can do this all day~ You know I can. I might be really tired afterwards, but something tells me, you know, Deeeeep in the pit of my soul. That I'll be fine. Kina's got my back. Toooootally got Kuna's back right now. Is silky smooth.

It seemed that the dog was and had been manipulating the cat's luck to be something of a 21 leaf clover variety while the cat had been doing the exact opposite for their enemies. Which was why for having no real combat ability, they made an incredible impediment, buying everyone else time.

That was not to say, that damage wasn't being caused and Ichiro saw the damned wood everywhere in the main room hiss away, Praetor bolting off to get the others out while he scooped up what little gear he could carry, and ran. Put me down. Sola said, bouncing like a sack of potatoes and weighing him down BADLY. Despite being made of light, she had real weight, and substance to her. Horses, now, or steal them later, or we'll be weeks reaching Luna. she said, loping easily next to him with Vila curled up tightly inside her body, seeming safe, and at peace for the moment.

They would run straight north, Sola guiding him if he allowed her straight into the abandoned districts and towards the mountaints way off in the distance. This was going to be a hell of a long trip.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Ichiro couldn't help but smirk as he ran, listening to the cat and dog both talking as he carried Sola along while Praetor ran too. When Sola told him to put her down, he did so, in the armory, so he could grab himself some scalemail instead of the chain if he could, though if he couldn't he'd leave it after grabbing his sword. After they headed out the back of the temple, Ichiro held Sola's hand and ran down the street with her in tow. "I hope Agatha and the others made it out... please gods, let them have made it," Ichiro said, fearing for Agatha and everyone else.

Ichiro looked around for the nearest stable, and he hated to steal, but if necessary, he would do so, in order to get them to safety, and to help Sola here out as well, since he was apparently the only one that could help her at the moment. When they found a stable, Ichiro would look around, before looking to Sola. "Can you help me to get a couple of horses, quiet like?" Ichiro would whisper to her, preparing to move in to sneak up and saddle one, or two if possible, and then ride out as fast as possible, following Sola's directions.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yes. She answered, Ichiro holding onto his sword belt and scale mail would find he now had a chance to put those items On so he didn't have to carry them, while the incredibly stealthy glowing woman in the middle of the night snuck into the stables and stole them some horses.

Which was lucky.

Honestly. If the dog was around I'd have blamed him and not Ichiro's obscene luck he already had.

Now having had the 4th wall broken thoroughly, Mind Flayer would find that he had the perfect opportunity to ride away into the sunset like the lone ranger. if the lone ranger's sidekick was a glowing mech suit built around a fairy and looking like a woman in her early 20's.

Looking around, Ichiro would see that not even the guards were about. And then he'd see why. At the nearby guardpost, he hadn't noticed in his rush, but the stench of blood drew his attention. Hecate is here. Sola would say simply, not explaining who that was, but Ichiro could guess as he saw a body being dragged back into hiding, and heard the crunch of bone, a black limb sliding into view for only a moment. These creatures were scything through the city like it was their own little playground. It was getting more and more dangerous to be around here.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Ichiro took the time to slip the scale mail on before they went further, deciding it best to do so, so that he at least had some protection. After that, he and Sola both managed to slip into the stable they saw, and after saddling up both of the horses, Ichiro climbed up, helped Sola up too, and they sped off quickly, heading towards the city gates.

Ichiro had so many questions to ask, but knew that he would likely get few answers, and that he also needed to stay focused on things to keep them from getting ambushed, or worse, shot by that strange gunner. As they made their way along, he noticed the seemingly abandoned guard post, and he had a sickened feeling welling up inside of him as he saw a body of a guard he assumed, being dragged into the shadows, where... something began eating it it sounded like. Not wanting to stick around, lest he be eaten too, Ichiro moved the horses along, glancing over at Sola. "Can you tell me, what is going on around here exactly? What is that? And the one that came into the temple? Why does Cosimo seem to want to kill me, and you for that matter? At least, he would have by taking Vila from my side, which I assume would in turn kill you too," Ichiro asked after they had moved away from Hecate as she named the thing.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

They rode, hoofs pounding along the street and away while Ichiro assaulted Sola with questions.

What's going on? Someone tried to kill me, well. Us. We are all part of one very complicated person. Obviously we didn't die like we we're supposed to. There was an argument and now the gods are standing back. My body is that way, the rest of me is all over the place, and my fiance is fighting furiously to put us all back together again while I lay dying in a basement. If that explains it well enough. If you're wondering why We're fighting, Some of the shards are chaotic or extremely narrow minded and focused in their purpose. she answered as they rode, reaching the undead districts within the hour and not slowing down, which was good, they had a whole lot of ground to cover without a fucking map, only the mad sunwoman.

They do not understand that they cannot exist if my body dies, and that I cannot live without all of them intact so while Giselle hunts us, we hunt or flee from eachother. Imagine if every life experience, skill, and part of your conscience had it's own voice. Now imagine those voices had the power to walk freely for limited periods of time. That is the situation. she continued, keeping her eyes locked upwards and to the northwest now along the mountain line.

As for Cosimo, he is my father. He probably thinks killing you will free the sprite, and that he can seperate us and put me back. His daughter and grandchildren are on death's door because someone shot her through the heart while she was under his watchful eye. I'm certain he's not in the best place right now.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"That seems to be happening to everyone here lately. You, me, Agatha, everyone seems to be getting killed, or almost killed. But if it helps Vila, miss Sola, then you will have my aid, as best as I can give anyway," Ichiro said as they rode towards the undead districts.

"That sounds... difficult, to say the least. How do we... I don't know... put you back together again, I guess?" Ichiro replied when she told him to imagine if every one of his life's experiences had its own voice and thoughts. "I suppose if it were me, I might have gone mad, completely. You, miss Sola, are a much stronger person than I am, I can tell that just by looking at you, and I mean in more than just physical strength, but mental and spiritual as well," he added, glancing over as they passed into the undead districts.

"Do you think that Cosimo would listen to you, if you were able to speak with him as you are now? I would be willing to cooperate with him and whoever that other okami is, in order to help you, and in turn help Vila, so long as he doesn't... you know, try and kill me, or Vila, in a foolish attempt at saving you, which would only end up bringing more heartache into the world," Ichiro said as they sped through the undead district, with Ichiro drawing his sword just in case.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Friend Ichiro that's flattering, but I assure you most of our fractured strength is because the gods are absent. We are picking up, magical wise, what they left behind. Because I'm inside Vila, I'm basically bathing in it, so my mind, and Luna's by extension, are the most whole, the most sound. If I were to be honest, our dearest sister-shard Gale would possess most of the mind of our full body. If this is confusing that is fine. But the beast, the poisoner, the hatred... They are not of sound mind. They do not understand life outside of us as a singular being and without us to comfort them, Yes, Comfort, not restrain, they've run rampant and unchecked. Their loneliness is as stifling as their hunger, and they do not see it. I do not believe the shooter to be the actual evil in this. I think he's just an extension of someone else, someone who Knew how to bring us to this chaotic and discordant state. It is the Why that escapes me, unless of course their goal was to cause as much damage to the city as is possible. And in that they are certainly succeeding. Sola said, speculating and trying still to explain herself as they rode.

Luna says it'll be two days until we reach the foothills, and she'll take us the rest of the way. Kina and Kuna are also fine, Ichor has been forced back by your priest friends with their help and are working on sealing off the residential districts to protect the people and calling a state of alarm. So many things that could go right, just as many could go wrong. Each of us has a Sister-Shard. One of us that will mesh and compliment the other. Mine is Luna, Kina's is Kuna. Gale's is Aria, Ichor's is Hecate, and Kalt's heart sister is Idris But one of us is still deeply in hiding, I cannot find her and that terrifies me. She is the lynchpin that holds us all together, that makes us function. She bares the same name as our complete being Kylie, and wherever she is, she isn't daring to move, and I do not understand why. she continued, seeming to be more and more restless as time went on.

But I have good news for your friend. Once I have reached Luna, I can be seperated from her and together we can share the injury I carry without consequence, and your friend and my savior Vila will be free of us. she finished, only pushing her horse harder. They'd likely ride the beasts to death by the time they'd reached the foothills.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"I see. Well, I've heard rumors over the years, during my time in the arena, about the Amaranthine and Steel Rose fighting it out in the shadows. Hell, I don't think anyone that's lived here for at least... a week probably, hasn't heard of them in some fashion or another," Ichiro said before Sola continued on.

"If I know Vila, she won't want to just let you go without trying to help, which is why I offered my help to you. And the one you mentioned that's in hiding. Could she possibly be hiding in the most obvious place? In your main body? Kylie you said I believe," Ichiro said after she had finished talking, pushing his horse to keep up, at least until they had exited the undead districts.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

No, that's not possible. Idris and Aria are both there tending to the children and the body. Kylie is not only hiding, but doing it so well that we cannot find her, I think only Giselle or Gale has a snowballs chance in hell of finding her. If she were moving I would have some vague idea, but she's not. She's picked her spot, and isn't leaving it. Sola answered.

Their punishing ride would continue uninterrupted save the occassional stray ghoul that they would ride past, certainly nothing like the horde that had accosted Ichiro before.

Sola as well seemed exhausted, as if being outside of Vila was incredibly taxing for her like this, and true to that hunch, almost 7 hours later, Still within the sprawling lost districts, her form began to shimmer, and then fade, Vila flailing awake and finding herself sitting on a bouncing saddle, waving a tiny hand at Ichiro before flopping into his hair and holding on, Sola's horse veering away.

Good gods she's intense. Why. Why is she so intense. She seemed so bubbly and happy when she was asleep. Vila whined, rubbing Ichiro's scalp.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"Hmm... would it be possible for her to be hiding in Giselle possibly? Or if not there, then... well.... Where are Kylie's favorite places here in Garellia... or yours I guess? She's likely in one of them, or a place that would mean a lot to her, or you... y-you know what I mean," Ichiro asked curiously as they rode.

Onward they rode, driving the horses to keep from getting caught by the undead in the districts, and after several hours, with the sun coming up, Ichiro looked over as Sola changed form back to Vila. Ichiro reached over and scooped her up, and let the horse go that Sola had been riding, first making sure that none of their things were on it.

"I can tell that it's taxing on you little one. Are you okay?" Ichiro said to Vila, letting her rest on his head.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm not sure. Her abilities.... are confusing for the rest of us. We're all marked by her birth, or something in her life. This shard had to be present at her creation Before her birth. You could say if a soul was a puzzle that She would be at it's heart. Like Kina and Kuna. For being the weakest of us in combat I assure you they're formidable. I'm more afraid that she's been captured by someone else, Or that That's what she's hiding from...

~~~

Vila held on and stretched a bit. She's scared Ichiro. She's trying so hard not to show it but she's really scared. They're not supposed to be this strong. They're not supposed to be this active or free. She's terrified for her fiance and her children and what it all means. Vila said, looking scared herself up on top of Ichiro. The horse however was DEMANDING a break, and judging from the foam on it's muzzle and flank, if it didn't get one, Ichiro really would ride it to it's death.

They were finally starting to reach a wider area, buildings now each having small fields, and many of them showing they'd been tended to. They'd broken out of the undead districts in this area it seemed and reached farmland. It was a good sign.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Ichiro nodded to Sola as he listened to her answer his question about the other piece of this, Kylie's soul, which they all were apparently. When she was done and had changed back into Vila, and then after Vila had spoken, Ichiro looked worried, and troubled, himself. Ichiro decided to let the horse rest now a bit since they seemed to be out of the undead districts, letting the poor thing graze a bit and lie down to rest, and finding some water for it too if possible.

"Honestly Vila, I'm scared too. For you, for me, for Agatha... for everyone. But... I wish to ask you something, and be honest with me little one. Do you wish to help her... help them? I... admit that I'm a little frightened to do so, but, if you want to, then I won't say no. Sola mentioned that her children are hanging on by a thread pretty much, and I won't be the cause of a child's death... I refuse. And if I can help said children, then I will do my best to do so," Ichiro said to Vila, glancing up at her.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm ashamed that a part of me doesn't. A part of me wants to run away as far as I can because Pelor's light isn't shining. But I can't really abandon her either... It's all her fault.... all this suffering, and it's not her fault. How many lives will and have ended because of those who love her, and her refusal to let go. And how many more could die, if the power her fragments have seized continue to run out of control, or worse, wind up in someone elses hands? Vila said, showing remarkable insight for the usually derpy sprite.

She says if we want to help, we should go get Kina and Kuna, and bring them to her Giselle, that woman you saw... But she doesn't know what else to do. Says that even if other fragments die or escape, those 2, and the missing 3rd can at least get Kylie back on her feet... She'd be broken, but alive.... I feel terribly sorry for this fey woman Ichiro... the choices she will have to make... she said, trying to heal the horse in the meantime from the mad run.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"Mmm... I know how you feel little one. Honestly, I'd rather not stay here any longer either myself. I mean... I just got my life back, thanks to you. But then again, that was also thanks to her as well. So, in a sense, I owe both of you my life really. But I know that, despite everything that's happened, I can't not help, not now, even though a part of me is telling me forget about all of them, take you, and the two of us travel the world together as soon as we're able. I simply know too much about it to let it go without it driving me mad. But at the same time, I don't want to drag you along with me if you don't want to," Ichiro said, heaving a soft sigh as he sat down while the horse rested.

Leaning his head back against a tree, or whatever he could find to do so, Ichiro closed his eyes as Vila continued. "Well, first we need to find this other one don't we? The one that she was leading me to and all up in the mountains. So long as I know where that one is at, then I can tell that, Giselle person, where she's at, so she can help her. How does one capture something like that thing Giselle fought in the undead districts though? Or that thing we saw on the way out?" Ichiro said, looking around at their surroundings as he sat there.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sola says those are both Hecate, or... something Hecate makes, it's really confusing concerning that thing. I think not even the others are entirely sure what all they're capable of... Vila said, flailing and rolling around in the grass before splaying out while Ichiro leaned his back against the fencepost.

Says we need to avoid Her, and the freezy one, Kalt. But Kalt apparently doesn't move around much? Or she moves really slowly. I want to help but this is all terrifying. I'm worried about the other sprites...

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"Mmm, it would make sense I guess, that the others aren't entirely sure what they're capable of while alone, as before they had each other as one, so they knew and understood one another," Ichiro replied, scratching his chin before smiling as Vila expressed her worry for the other sprites. "Vila... before you came to me in the arena the other day, I knew that I was going to die. Honestly, I was terrified. I didn't want to die, and I wanted to live, and be free again. Though deep down, I knew that they would never let me win this torc. Not if they could help it. And then, I met you, and my life changed. For better or worse... I don't rightly know just quite yet. But I do know that I no longer fear for my own life, because for a long time I haven't had anyone to worry about aside from myself. Now, I have you to worry about, and Agatha, and Loran. And now Sola and her other parts. I try to not worry about everyone though, because if I do worry so much, then I'd never be able to do anything. Does that make sense?" he went on to say.