What's new

Possible ULMF project?

NookieNookie

Banned
Reputation score
Re: Possible ULMF project?

If we can decide on the theme for the project, that would be great. Personally I think we should use a sci-fi setting or similar, because that allows us to easily circumvent a lot of common game making problems, such as "Glide-walking." By allowing the enemies to hover. Backgrounds and environments are also easier to create with a sci- fi theme, due to the common conception of a "Clean future." It also creates a good backdrop for monsters that do not exist in anything but tentacle hentai, and robots.

Making a musical score is also much easier with sci-fi, because you need less realistic synthesizers due to the fact that it should have a slightly digital sound. (Think Halo, mass effect and similar.) I have the means to create realistic sound, but I prefer if I don't have to spend hours just tweaking effect racks.
Well so far, from what you pitched it's more of a story. What kind of game mechanic are you going for: action platformer, action rpg, rts, etc.? The story you wrote has promise, but I don't know what the gameplay or game mechanic will be like. :)

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Well so far, from what you pitched it's more of a story. What kind of game mechanic are you going for: action platformer, action rpg, rts, etc.? The story you wrote has promise, but I don't know what the gameplay or game mechanic will be like. :)
No :|

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's going to be an action platformer-style game with an actual backstory. It'll be much better than all of those games where it's like "Oh, hey! You're in a place with alot of horny monsters! Good luck~!"

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

OK, everyone, please... Back off.

If he turns out to be a self centered narcissist, or just needs to change his attitude, we (the rest of the team) will tell him.

Shows over, no more trolling or hating, OK?

The only thing this is doing is wasting time. If you guys instead could maybe pitch some ideas or something, that would be great! :)

EDIT: Wow people reply fast in this thread. I figured the mechanics should be left to the coder, as he knows the limits of his abilities the best. When he decides on a theme, and mechanics then we can decide on story.

The one thing I've learned about game-making its that the mechanics are by far the most important, and one should therefore start with it and build the game around it. Especially if you're new to making games.

Last edited:

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If he turns out to be a self centered narcissist, or just needs to change his attitude, we (the rest of the team) will tell him.

The only thing this is doing is wasting time. If you guys instead could maybe pitch some ideas or something, that would be great! :)
Okay, I'm sorry. Let's all get back on topic.

NookieNookie

Banned
Reputation score

Ugh, I'm admitting it right here and now. I am blunt. Cry some more if you can't understand what I'm typing.

So wonderboy, what's the game mechanic going to be like for this Sci-fi h-game?

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

See my edit a few posts up:p Probably should have posted that in a new post but meh...

NookieNookie

Banned
Reputation score

See my edit a few posts up:p Probably should have posted that in a new post but meh...
Well I've already got in contact with a coder. AMDKurt is the game programmer and I'm working with him on our game. Master_Bei_Shun is also in the team. Kurt decided that he'll code the game in Java and I'll do the design/graphics/art for the game. When I proposed that we make an action rpg, he said that it's plausible. He like the pitch I have too and little by little he's already making the game engine for our game. I'm making some concept art on the characters and world and soon the look of the game will be finalized. :)

If you're still waiting on Sanstin to get back to this thread then yeah, go wait for him. I'm having trouble getting in touch with him. :p

Aztlan

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Well good luck.

Cactuses

The user formerly known as MoT
Reputation score

Well since Wonderboy's new post that popped up during my spellcheck made me delete my large wall o text incoming, I'll just wish you all good luck with this project again, though its so tempting to throw a spark at this gasoline spit here.

NookieNookie

Banned
Reputation score

I'll just wish you all good luck with this project again, though its so tempting to throw a spark at this gasoline spit here.
Are you sincere? Sounds like you wish for utter demise. I may be wrong on this, but yeah, good luck to yours too.

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Are you sincere? Sounds like you wish for utter demise. I may be wrong on this, but yeah, good luck to yours too.

I'm sorry for this but the fact that he uses response pictures with alot of his posts makes me think this guy is from 4chan.

Cactuses

The user formerly known as MoT
Reputation score

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

This is pretty much the only thread I've looked into recently in this section of the forum so I was unaware of his douchebaggery.
He acted the exact same way in the tentacle-tan thread. More on that.

He is, and knows he is, and admitted he is. He's quite aware of how his attitude is far outside the social norm, and he's been told it before. I do like the high road he tries to take, as if his own responses are anything above elementary school remarks. Frankly his behavior isn't outweighed by the little work he actually does, so it kinda just makes him deadweight.

OP
S

Sanstin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I would really like that sci-fi theme, I completely agree with everything you had to say. As far as my limits go, I don't know them yet since I haven't made a game before :p so we shall see lol. I do have all the basic mechanics of the game done, (All the methods for everything), Just need actual content for it.

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

If you could describe the mechanics, that would be great!

Also, I thought Nookie was on board with you, but I see now that he just came in here to wave his own game around.

Well, well... *Cracks fingers* Gimme the details of this game:cool:

NookieNookie

Banned
Reputation score

I would really like that sci-fi theme, I completely agree with everything you had to say. As far as my limits go, I don't know them yet since I haven't made a game before :p so we shall see lol. I do have all the basic mechanics of the game done, (All the methods for everything), Just need actual content for it.
Huzzah, now you're getting somewhere; a sci-fi themed h-game sounds pretty cool.

If you could describe the mechanics, that would be great!

Also, I thought Nookie was on board with you, but I see now that he just came in here to wave his own game around.

Well, well... *Cracks fingers* Gimme the details of this game:cool:
When did I say that I was on board? I was wondering what ideas seem to be good for a game and how they will be executed. Plus the only valid idea was this sci-fi themed story that you pitched. Sigh, I may have "waved" around "my" game, but again with the minimal sentences I type up and the straight/to-the-point manner in which I answer, I don't understand why you haven't read some of my posts of me saying that I'm working with a team on a game.

Well it sounds like "this team"....whatever you guys consider yourselves as is getting somewhere. So yeah, make a damn good sci-fi h-game.

As for me, I'm done and out with this thread. Let's just see how the ideas you guys have will come to fruition. :)

Last edited:

Unnatural Kiwi

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I'm liking the scifi setting wonderboy came up with. It definitely sounds like an interesting way to get your hands wet on a game Sanstin. Sorry I can't be much help artistry wise. My muse left me in a ditch to die long ago.

As for the enemies (being the Evolutionists), are ya talking mostly humanoid in shape or more feral (all fours) type?

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm liking the scifi setting wonderboy came up with. It definitely sounds like an interesting way to get your hands wet on a game Sanstin. Sorry I can't be much help artistry wise. My muse left me in a ditch to die long ago.

As for the enemies (being the Evolutionists), are ya talking mostly humanoid in shape or more feral (all fours) type?
Much of the point of the story I wrote was that it can easily be adapted to justify the existence of pretty much any type of monster/ machine, both humanoid, feral and simply monstrous. In addition to the humans themselves, let's not forget about whatever natural mutants may be roaming the lands... ;)

All in all, what we need is an artist for graphics. I can do still images, but that's pretty much the limit of my graphic capabilities, and even then I'm more of a landscape person than characters. If I recall correctly Sanstin had already done some sprites, so after seeing them we should know a little more:)