What's new

RPG RPG Maker [ ポン・デ・ウシ ] Orc Strike オークストライク RJ099839

cmacleod42

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Partially translated version

Things translated so far:
- Everything you can do or find as far as the bridge town.
- Scene in the Forest with the dark elf
- Scene with Wilson
- Everything in K-on village.

Please say what do you think of the translation so far, I'm open to suggestions.
For that you can send me a message here or an email there ([email protected])
I have played the translation until the K-On villiage and I see no issues other than those reported.
- some minor typos
- trivial naming issues

Sure if you play enough to level up you start getting untranslated skills appearing, and then when you venture to the next continent untranslated enemies, items etc.

Thanks for the translation so far, I hope you plan to continue.

omnibomb

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Orc Strike

there are also some (admittedly rare) enemies in the translated areas that do not have translated names, item drops, or skills

specifically

enemy 37 (appears by Keon town)

skill 5 (used by enemy 37)
skill 66 (used by enemy 37)
skill 96 (used by enemy 37)
armor 58 (dropped/stolen from enemy 37)
weapon 47 (dropped/stolen from enemy 37)

enemy 76 (appears by bridge leading into the untranslated area)
weapon 13 (dropped/stolen from enemy 76)

cmacleod42

Reputation score

In the translation, one trivial typo in the description of the weapon "Heal Rod" - in the description it has Attck not Attack

Last edited:

ramza022

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

@cmacleod42, @omnibomb
Thanks, I fixed those issues. I'm working at the next town now.
I'll translate that big kanji that is shown in the screen after you take control over a town too. The only thing I don't plan to translate is the skill descriptions of each enemy in the third page of the "Human Wiki". At least not so soon.

cmacleod42

Reputation score

I am still having the problem with the missing .dll file...
a new version has not been uploaded yet. As I noted download the translation for Vitamin Quest and copy the dll into the Orc Strike installation

ramza022

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I am still having the problem with the missing .dll file...
I'll add it the next time I upload the game. But for until now, here it is:

Just put this in the same folder as the game.

yuriski

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I'll add it the next time I upload the game. But for until now, here it is:

Just put this in the same folder as the game.
Thank you.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Oh somebody is translating this game? Nice. Been quite a while since I've played. It'd probably be a nightmare to start back up after my guide...

babebi

Reputation score

Hello :)

First I want to say thanks for this very useful post, it helped me a lot. Now I just want to help if I can too.

Something very, very useful that I use often (not sure if it has been stressed enough) is Cover (Gregory) + Reflect (Judith). Using both at the same time results in magic users killing themselves on you.
For instance, I killed Suzaku at lvl 31 without even receiving a single damage from magic users, which means Suzaku killed himself on me very quickly.

Another (minor) thing that I've noticed is a rest area in the SW part of 10th continent, sorry if it has already been mentioned.

That's all for now, trying to find missing girls before using tower for that :)

Saki

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Woah... this game is like a rare gem! How did I ever miss this?!

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Woah... this game is like a rare gem! How did I ever miss this?!
This game is pretty awesome. It doesn't seem like it got much attention though which is kind of sad. Odd considering it's like an entire collection of famous anime/game characters too. I enjoyed it for the gameplay, there is a lot of stuff to find and collect which is always nice.

Maybe because it seems like a typical rpg maker game since it uses some of the default things. I wrote one of my more extensive guides somewhere in this thread for it too (But never finished it 100% sadly)

ramza022

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Translation updates

Translation patch (just extract it and replace your data folder)
- 2013-06-24

- Monballa town and dwarf mine translated now.

Last edited:

cmacleod42

Reputation score
Re: Translation updates

Translation patch (just extract it and replace your data folder)
- 2013-06-23

- Monballa town and dwarf mine translated now.
Thanks for the continuing work.

cmacleod42

Reputation score

For those playing, please note there is a reasonable walkthrough on page 3 of this thread with a map and guide to get most girls, and does descibe how to win the game (with one minor omission)

I note most as not all are listed, in playing I found ones not listed and it does not mention the volcano for instance (or at least where it is)

DeadManWalking

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So I've tracked down a copy, it plays fine, but there's no data folder. It runs in Japanese just fine though. Can anyone help me? :confused:

cmacleod42

Reputation score

Saki

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Managed to beat the game after a day and a half. I'll say this its pretty awesome. Minus the funky looking sprites the cg themselves where pretty epic. I'm pretty sad they only had saber. I would've liked to see Saber Alter and Rin. Yes I'm a huge saber alter fan.

Here are some tips. Save Save Save! Yes for the love of god save. When you die you lose all your weapons/armors. ALL OF THEM. Start from scratch. Man did I cry when that happened. When your invading a town don't kill off the people with shops, or the merchant looking people. They'll give you items if you talk to them after you cleared the town. Make sure you don't miss your third party member shes in the forest. She pretty much gets you a teleport skill making your life so much easier. Look everywhere! Not every single girl you catch has a sprite you'll fight them in the wild. Your second companion gets a steal skill. Its pretty useful, I managed to get some decent armor early in the game. Since your pretty much a pigman you can't sell your drops. Your inventory pretty much gets cluttered. Being the OTC freak I am that pretty much bugged me throughout the game. Hopefully these guys make another game. This one was bloody epic.

Oh right. Certain towns have a healer. Don't kill this guy, or it'll be a pain later on and yeah. You pretty much have the ability to kill any npc you can talk to in town. I'd say explore first. Map out where all the unique girls are, get the items than start attacking.

Last edited:

ramza022

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I guess I'll add a npc or something like that in the next patch to solve this problem of the items that we can't get rid of.