What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Paladox] The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss (Version 0.745)

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Old school or not?

I updated the first post with the name and a link to the thread.

tontje

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. (Updated August 10th, 2013)

Just making the dungeons lighter or making lantern light brighter would already be of good help, maybe a few light sources torches or w/e that go along the main paths in dungeon would be enough to help you with not getting lost.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. (Updated August 10th, 2013)

I'm not sure if light sources would work. I do believe I might be able to increase the radius from the lantern, but not sure.

I could actually have the lantern give full light (like when you're on a page that doesn't need it). But I think a better solution is to implement a system where you unlock each room's full lighting.

Edit: I decided to go with a light source. Basically you find 4 numbers, enter the combination at the light source, and the whole room is no longer lantern dependent.

August 12th 2:54 PM
I've been playtesting it myself and the new light system is just what the game needed.
I will also try and use the same system to put in a teleport system that will unlock levels to teleport to as you unlock the lighting on those levels.
Also got to see that Fulvous was too difficult so I reduced his damage. You'll now have opportunity to heal and then hit him again without getting killed before you can do so.

" " 5:30 PM
Just found out that first aid will patch all wounds at level 1. Funny that. xD It should be fixed in the next version. It's only supposed to patch an additional wound for each level of first aid.

August 13th at 4:01 PM
Just noticed the merchant's free gem bag resets your maximum gem amount to 100 (if you managed to get a hidden gem pouch it would do away with it). This is bad for a number of reasons, but it will be fixed in future updates. Kendra's quest should also be completable.

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. V1B5 (Updated August 13th, 2013)

Updated first post with new downloads.

The new lighting system is in place for dungeon levels 1 through 10.

You can use the lighting system to teleport to other dungeon levels (provided they have been unlocked as well).

Kendra's quest can now be completed. You can also get her to eat you (and pay you for it!) if you have sex with Gray in front of her. She won't offer if you decide to keep Gray, but there will be an alternative situation in a future update.

There's currently a larger benefit to bringing Gray back to her, as opposed to keeping him, but I'll try and remedy this later with better long-term rewards for those who decide to keep him.

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score

Paladox, you just have to open the "Download" button in a new tab, and copy the direct link from there. :D

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks. Reupdated with the direct link. :D

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. V1B6 (Updated August 15th, 2013)

Updated again with some changes.

In 1B6 the tutorial day will be easier (added roads leading to all points of interest).

Both lantern upgrades should function properly now (one was previously unfindable because of the hole-in-wall not functioning properly when you had a pickaxe equipped).

Probably some other things too. I forget, but I'm sure there's other changes/tweaks I forgot about.

molitar

Lurker
Reputation score

I do not like how tools are handled. I have to use them in the dark as I have to unequip the lantern. This turned me off on the game right away when it's so much work to use tools. If I have the tool in position should use them automatically not have to go to the equip and equip it or at least give a second tool slot so do not have to waste so much time.

Hopefully next version you will make tools less work and I will try the game out than but for now too much changing equipment to be fun.

Himitsu

Reputation score

I do not like how tools are handled. I have to use them in the dark as I have to unequip the lantern. This turned me off on the game right away when it's so much work to use tools. If I have the tool in position should use them automatically not have to go to the equip and equip it or at least give a second tool slot so do not have to waste so much time.

Hopefully next version you will make tools less work and I will try the game out than but for now too much changing equipment to be fun.
nods* I'll have to agree with this. The tools is not as significant in this game as, lets say, harvest moon and the such so it would be much better if tools were used automatically.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I like to think of the tools as puzzle items, but I can see how it would be a problem if you haven't unlocked that level's lighting yet. I would suggest always unlocking the lighting system before you start gathering wood, ore, etc..

But I might enable passive use on them for repetitive tasks (chopping wood, mining ore, fishing, farming, etc..).
There is also the possibility of "quick equip" keys. I'll see if that is a possibility.
Edit: I did just add that, and it works, but sometimes you have to press the key 2 or 3 times to get it to work. Not sure what's up with that.

Edit 2: I've also readjusted the dark circle and will be reapplying it. When you don't have the lantern it will be similar to when you did have one with the old system.
When you do have the lantern equipped you will have a larger light radius.

It may need more tweaking. I'm happy with the expanded covering but it also feels like it should be an upgrade.

Edit 3: Ultimately I just wasn't happy with it. It made the game too easy and the lantern felt unnecessary.
I did, however, leave the new effects for the intro, which should be easy.

Edit 4: Just completed Sienna's new fellatio faceset, so I'll finally get to remove the placeholder.
Also made her a new handjob faceset for the blonde fellow at the hangout.

August 18, 1:39 AM
In the next update if you're defeated and raped Sienna will then instantly cast the Safety spell.
If she has any spirit at all then she will also automatically wash up (using water if necessary) and take a nap. If no water is available she won't wash up and will lose another 10 spirit.
This will both solve the issue of players getting repeatedly raped and also give immediate access to a full heal (resting 10 minutes).

August 18, 5:27 PM
Just replaced the time system with a universal one. This let me delete a lot of excess events. If anyone experiences any future issues (1B7 or later) then please let me know.

August 19th, 12:31 AM
Finally figured out that the variable multiplication system in VX is glitched. Found a replacement for the default script that was causing the problem.
A lot of hidden behind the scenes stuff like exp tables, milk production, etc.. will likely function much better in version 1B7.
I noticed Sienna wasn't producing more than 1 milk, even while pregnant, and that is when it's supposed to be at its highest!
I had also forgot to switch off that the children have been fed when the day ends, for some of them, and that would keep them from being fed the next day.
SHould be fixed now, at least until I add more children.

One big problem was the speedy acquisition of fire spells but at least I was able to test them and see that the stronger spells needed a boost
(while weaker spells will still be good early on they won't be as powerful when you have Intelligence later on in the game).

Last edited:

Shayoko

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

just wanted to say thanks for giving me a link to this thread from the other one :3
keep up the good work :3

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm considering placing a health bar on screen at all times so the player can keep track of how much health they have (it's different from your life meter, which is more a measurement of your endurance).

I'm also considering adjusting the boss fights so that you lose a large chunk of health (25%, 33%, or 50%) instead of dying instantly. Opinions?

Edit: Just finished the 8th boss. I'll try to upload tomorrow after I clean some stuff up.

Last edited:

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score

Just a tip for those that haven't actually tried this game. It's definitely a game worth to play, not just because of the H-Content, but because the game has actually nice gameplay. And a lot of hard work was put in it. It's constantly being updated. And it has SPRITE SEX! What else do you want? Keep up the good work Paladox!

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. V1B7 (Updated August 20th, 2013)

Just uploaded version 1B7.

Notes:
1: You can now access The Vinery levels 1 through 6.

2: There's a barkeep added to the hangout. He will refer to the hangout as The Blood Red Bitch but I'm not really satisfied with the name so it will likely change.

3: If you talk to Ralph just before entering the hangout you have the option of increasing the scenario by 1. Scenarios 1 and 2 will result in the barkeep having sex with the girls as you go in the bar. I'd have worked on this more but I really wanted to add more to the vinery.

4: You can also talk to Yellow now and Sienna can give him a hand job for money. This does not result in any guilt accumulation. Also, I'm quite satisfied with how the animations turned out. xD
I'm not finished with Yellow so there's a bit of a glitch. After one hand job you can't give him another one, even on the following day. Save first in case you want to see the animations again.
Edit: Also, I will likely replace all portraits in the game with a style similar to these, at least for all the women in the game.

4B: No more white haired mystery fairy during Sienna's fellatio scene with Gray. I also added an occasional blinking animation for Sienna during that.

5: All of Dungeon Levels 1-10 and Vinery Levels 1-6 should have working lighting systems. If you experience any issues with these not working, teleport sending you to wrong levels, etc.. then please let me know...
And.. I just realized I forgot to add teleport to the vinery lighting system. I'll have it working for 1B8 though.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm going to disable dashing in some of the boss rooms. This will make some function better and also provide an increased challenge.
I will keep some boss rooms the same but I will likely give most this new handicap.

Edit: Hmm.. not much feedback lately. Oh well.

August 23, 5:02 PM
I'm adding more monster rape (because more monster types are needed for the new areas). I'm getting quite lazy so there won't be much variation to the sex. Mostly doggy style at various angles.
I guess it will make good placeholders for now. If I decide to do more types I can always go back later and add them in.

Last edited:

Shayoko

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

im on break with the rpg maker H games but

for bosses if your supposed to lose id personally rather just die in 1 hit
if they dont make it obvious your suppost to die people could waste healing items and time struggling for no reason
(anyone who played MMX1 knows and the amount o times i tried to kill him is past 300)

wondering if this succubus which im assuming is the girl you meet when the spider captures you and is in the hangout area(kicks you out)
will join you at some point?
maybe just as a story battle that your pretty much losing or as a party member?

the area where monsters you defeated will be statues
do you get xp or money from beating them?after the 1st battle the 2nd battle started and had like 5 enemys i was to lazy at the time to try to kill that many :3

have the other wands been added?

as a note for game mechanics i feel stupid but it took me a while to notice the journals purpose lol...
i had absolutely no idea that i had wounds nor did i notice any effect from having them i had like 8-9 b4 i noticed
also i had no idea why my wand kept breaking as i know they was a limited amount of uses but i had no idea how to check at 1st :D
so for people who are 1st playing this use the journal quite often
tho it is a bit of a pain :3

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yes I can see how that would be a problem. So far the only fight you're suppose to lose is the one against The Black Spider at the end of the first day. I think I will just remove the fight and have the scene happen automatically instead. This will 100% remove any confusion.

There are 6 succubi sisters. The blonde succubus is Kendra. The one that has Sienna brought to the Abyss is Jennifer. One or two others might make an appearance but most won't be seen in this story. Kendra won't ever be a party member. There might be one or two party additions that are not Sienna's children but I haven't really decided on them yet. Also, Sienna will always be the leader and if an ally's life reaches 0 in combat they will retreat to their room.

The statue room needs a makeover, but yes you'll be able to collect exp and loot from them just as when you killed them elsewhere. I want to have some sort of token reward system but I need to make sure it is balanced (weaker monsters and stronger monsters shouldn't both give 1 random token).
Edit: Considering the length of time it could take for 8 monsters to take their turns I believe it would be ideal to limit the monsters in the game to 4 or less at a time. I may even have the statue challenge rooms pit you against enemies that are more powerful than their live counterparts, to provide an extra challenge. I would have a limit of 1 monster in all fights but then there wouldn't be any point to AoE spells.

You can get the Advanced Wand from the gem merchant but you'll have to buy some other items from him first. His inventory only expands a little, so far, when you buy from him but I plan to have many more items sold by him in the future.

You can press keys 1, 2, 3, etc.. to quickly access journal pages while on the go. The journal says this the first time you open it. I will try and improve on the tutorial at some point, explaining everything in singular detail. I also want to improve the small spider cave, adding a light system and mini-boss so those systems can also be explained. Actually, on that note I think I will add the light system to all tutorial areas, with the one outside being involved in a quest that can only be completed in the evening hours.

Edit: It is not mentioned anywhere in the game yet but you can also press and hold keys Q, W, E, etc.. all the way to P for quick tool access. You must hold the key down for about 3 seconds sometimes though.

Last edited:

Shayoko

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

i forgot to add about the spell that restores magic to the wand
as i kind of forgot it only restores 1 energy per cast right?
but also every time you use that skill when not in battle you have to open up the menu and go all the way back to the skill to use it again
which is a serious pain lol
if could increase the magic charge to at least 3-5 if not max increase it would be better and or somehow make the ability screen stay on after using it.

i see those shortcuts would help alot :3

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Your maximum wand charges go up every time your wand skill increases, and wand skill increases after you use wand recharge and attack with wands a certain # of times.

I did notice that wand recharging can be a little tedious. I'll probably put in an upgrade for the spell or improve the functionality somehow. Either should work.