What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Paladox] The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss (Version 0.745)

triton631

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: RPGM VX Survival Project [NSFW!] [18+] Updated April 16th

When i ask old lady for quest she always says she is not ready, what i need to do? Did mining, spiders, fishing, lumberjack, farmer, statue repair, gave apple to sheep.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thought I'd post a short guide to completing the first day.

Quick note: Keep all banded iron, fish, and grapes. You'll need them later in the day.

1: Accept quest for shovel. Plant at least one of each kind to get bonus points, then finish the rest off. You will probably get tired before you're finished. Skip to part 3, 5, or rest at grave (left of H). Make sure you visit 1a and plant 8 potatoes (you can plant others but taters are best). Once completed you can repeatedly give (1) other veggies for grapes, gold, & exp. Potatoes are first on the list so having only potatoes makes it easier to spam this. Give the shovel back after you fill in all 8 spots at (1a).

2: Get hammer. Go to (2b) and mine until you're too tired. Use hammer to fix the stone at (2). Keep all excess banded iron you mined. You'll want lots of banded iron but you'll need to do other things while you wait on your stamina to refill.

3: Fish here whenever you want to wait on stamina to refill. You recover 1 stamina every 6 seconds. Fishing takes very little stamina and you'll want at least 50 fish (preferably about 80).

4: Get the axe and go visit every (YELLOW DOT) on the map and cut up the felled logs you find. Give (4) the excess wood and return his axe. There are 7 logs but you only have to find 6 to get the reward.

5: Talk to the old man, get an antidote, then go inside and kill a spider. Drink antidote if you got poisoned. Get another one, then repeat until all 12 spiders are dead. After you kill them all get another antidote, return to (H), and use the first aid kit to patch your wounds. You can keep stitching individual wounds up by running in/out of the house for more cloth but first day time is more important than the days after it.

6: Granny will not allow you to help her until you've done everything else. You'll also probably need to give (1) about 30+ veggies. When you're doing that, make sure you grab an apple outside (H) each time so you can give it to the sheep at (S). It will also help to give people back their tools (shovel & hatchet).

Granny's quest is repeatable. You'll need 5 fish, 5 banded iron, 3 grapes, and 1 antidote. Each time you fill a basket you will get gold and exp (usually more than if you were giving them to the other NPC's). Granny's a bit... unstable, so each time she makes a different potion for you to sample. You won't know what it is until later. There are 5 possibilities and they can all stack. Have fun. :) And yes some of them won't have any effect on gameplay yet, but the exp and gold will help a lot on Day 2. If you do all the quests and repeat her quest at least 10 times then you can get to roughly level 12, get a TON of gold, and also a bonus item will appear outside your room in the Abyss. That's what I managed anyway. I do know the map well but I did get lost a few times at night and I did not manage my time as well as I should have.

Edit: In future versions granny will be toned down a bit (down to 90 required (nice points?) from 200). It's a hidden variable, but basically every quest you complete gives about 20 (90 total). Giving back the shovel and hatchet gives you another 25 each (50). So that's about 140 (+12 for spiders). That's 152. So you need to give (1) another 48 veggies to enable granny's quest. Having 8 potatoes planted makes it a lot easier. You can pick them, run inside your house, then go pick them again. Repeat about 6 times and then go spam giving them to the NPC at (1). This would give you enough grapes to do Granny's quest 16 times so you'll also need 80 fish and 80 banded iron to go with those. Then all you'll need to do is run back and forth getting antidotes. Make sure your lantern is full for when it gets really late.

If you find anything frustrating then don't worry about having to do any of this. It won't have a big effect on the game (none storywise). It's just a way to get a little bonus. Kinda like the fair in Chrono Trigger.

Edit 2: More info. Granny's quest gives 52 total "nice points". So once you can start doing her quest you only need to repeat it 10 times to get the green box to appear on day 2.

Last edited:

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

In my experience, forcing a "choice" on someone is just bad gameplay in disguise. Now this is for much later on, but the whole pregnancy thing is something I do not care for myself. I wouldnt mind some manner of , oh look you got raped and out pops a child cutscene. However the whole running around pregnant thing, just not appealing to me in any way shape or form. I would say that there should be an abortion item or something of that sort, in the sense of use the item and the pregnancy just goes away. If its your thing with the pregnancy mechanic, then more power to you and I hope this all goes well.

triton631

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@Paladox, thanks for map and guide:)

goodolrub

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

in my opinion,when you make a game,your best bet would be to hear the player's opinions,obviously you can't make everyone happy but some games like
monster girl quest series have so much sexual positions,fetish,etc that it is one of the most aclaimed games of the hentai world(perhaps even more than fairy fighting?)obviously the interests of the creator is necessary,but that's just my opinion,anyway i will play the game and see what i think,pictures in rpgmaker is so cliche these days,that i try to find the most original ones.(english is not my first language so...)

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Pregnancy will be cut down to 3 days rather than 9 (because the days last so long). I may revisit this and change the forced pregnancy mechanic sometime. I'm not sure right now. I like added harshness and difficulty. xP

I don't much care for going around pregnant either (pregnant belly in Violated Heroine = blegh, but that's just my opinion), so Sienna won't ever 'show'. In her world that's just part of fairy physiology.

I agree about the pictures used in hentai games. It's rather bland IMO and I veer far away from any game that might use that mechanic unless it has fun gameplay mechanics to back it up (like Sim Brothel). So I doubt I will be using anything like that unless I decide to put in a rewards room or something with pictures of Sienna's daughters. *shrugs* It'd be cheesy though and I think a simple portrait, a cute little sprite showing a bit of pixelated skin, and the player's imagination are far better..... that, and I'm no artist. xD Thankfully you don't need to be an artist to create sprite sex.

I realize I can't please everyone. I'm going to get flak no matter how I make my game but if I'm pleased with it myself then I know I'm doing a good job because I'm the harshest critic I know. xD

Edit: I put a lot of edits and thoughts, but ultimately I've decided on giving the player the option to terminate.
Contraceptives don't exist in Sienna's world so it won't be pleasant. xP

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I just posted another thread here:
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?p=455756#post455756

My overhaul basically fell through so I need to do one of 2 things with the dungeon set. I think It would be better to design it more progressively but I'd like feedback on the random dungeon setup first.

Edit: April 26th. I really hate to do this but... goodbye random rooms! RIP.
Ultimately I can't have respawning loot in those little rooms. It just creates too many problems.
Does their loot respawn? If so then players can keep re-entering the room for easy loot.
No respawn? Pointless and boring after the first visit.

Actually I've been wondering if I should remove respawns... nah, it would encourage players to save, open important treasure box, then reload after getting a bad loot roll.

It's unfortunate that transferring the player through 30 areas, for some reason, takes a really long time.
Oh well, I've learned so much from my random setup. It's time to tear it all down though.

Last edited:

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

For some reason when I slept in the bed on the second day, it brought me back to the grave on the first day...

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That's a known bug. Sorry. It will be fixed in the next version.

Edit: Speaking of which, I think I'll go ahead and upload an update soon.
Currently I am reworking the dungeon to be more progressive (point A to B, no more randomly picking an area). I also added a few puzzle mechanics.

I want the game to be as survivaly (not a word but whatever xD) as possible. I'm going to sleep on this for now, but I plan on removing respawns.

I'm thinking if I remove enemy respawns that I could have an "eradication" bonus.
Basically, you genocide an enemy type so then you have easy access to fight one, two, three, or more of them all at once. I think this would be better and more rewarding than respawns.
It would also discourage "open box, get disappointed, reload" behavior because I could then make the loot from the challenge fights better than good rolls from boxes & chests.

I think I'll also add a 4th boss to the first area. Hadn't planned on it but I think the 10th level needs it.

Last edited:

Starke

Banned
Reputation score

Are you the developer or is kiko012 the developer? Or are you kiko012 and talk about yourself in the third person? Because you said "I just finished creating a game over scene".

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score

Are you the developer or is kiko012 the developer? Or are you kiko012 and talk about yourself in the third person? Because you said "I just finished creating a game over scene".
I'm not the developer.
Talking to paradox:The download link is broken.4shared removed the file.I lost my trust in 4shared.
Upload it here.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well I am uploading.... but it is sooo slow and I have no idea when it will be finished. >.<

Guess I will work on the game while waiting.

At least this gave me a good excuse to include all the latest changes & fixes. Although some things are in a state of transition which could result in bugs, glitches, and/or other things. Like the third boss giving the book of fire spells (didn't get around to updating that reward yet...).

Edit: Didn't accept. Have to upload... a zipped file! *shudder*
Well surely most people can unzip a zipped file these days.

Testing:

It works. I updated the first post.
Be warned that you need to have the fire spell before fighting the 2nd boss. Otherwise you will get stuck.
Also there are some placeholder orbs during the fight.. avoid contact with those. I still need to find a "flying spit/blob" projectile sprite.

The third boss has a repeating pattern. Make sure you save first. :)

Last edited:

kiko

Reputation score

Well I am uploading.... but it is sooo slow and I have no idea when it will be finished. >.<

Guess I will work on the game while waiting.

At least this gave me a good excuse to include all the latest changes & fixes. Although some things are in a state of transition which could result in bugs, glitches, and/or other things. Like the third boss giving the book of fire spells (didn't get around to updating that reward yet...).

Edit: Didn't accept. Have to upload... a zipped file! *shudder*
Well surely most people can unzip a zipped file these days.

Testing:

It works. I updated the first post.
Be warned that you need to have the fire spell before fighting the 2nd boss. Otherwise you will get stuck.
Also there are some placeholder orbs during the fight.. avoid contact with those. I still need to find a "flying spit/blob" projectile sprite.

The third boss has a repeating pattern. Make sure you save first. :)
Add the to your first post.

kiko

Reputation score
Re: RPGM VX Survival Project [NSFW!] [18+] Updated April 27th

Hey Paladox,i have a bug to report in the new version.
When i fight the spiders in the dungeon where the old man is,my wand breaks.And i return to my house,and i can't get out.
She says "I'm forgetting something.My wand!"
Then she looks around and says
"I think i left it in the small chest"
But the chest is opened and i can't exit my house without another wand.How can i solve this?
Edit:I figured out how to avoid it,I just have to keep the wand recharged to avoid breaking,and that solves it.

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'll change the wand event so that it will respawn another if the previous wand breaks.

Thanks for pointing that out.. I was thinking I didn't have the wand getting damaged event on the beginning spiders. I need to leave it though since it's the best time for players to learn to start charging their wands. Just need to add a replacement. xP

kiko

Reputation score

I'll change the wand event so that it will respawn another if the previous wand breaks.

Thanks for pointing that out.. I was thinking I didn't have the wand getting damaged event on the beginning spiders. I need to leave it though since it's the best time for players to learn to start charging their wands. Just need to add a replacement. xP
Okay.I'm in the dungeon now,day 2.So far it's awesome.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I just found a bug. You won't be able to get past some areas. I forgot to edit the red switch, so it basically is a copy of the green one. Oops. :eek:

I'll try to re-upload soon since that is such a game stopper.
Edit: Just found out it basically prevents entry to the 2nd boss. Not a big loss since it needs balancing anyway.

Edit 2: Boss music will not be as loud in the next update. It seemed a bit loud in comparison to the rest of the game.

Edit 3: I have been letting the boss exit take the player back to the starting area. Should it be back to the outside of the boss' lair instead? Opinions?

Just finished making a 5th boss. It's more of a puzzle... well a deadly puzzle, but isn't that the best kind? xD
I'm kinda torn between puzzle-like bosses (like the first one), and those you have to fight in TB combat.
I believe I like the action/puzzle oriented style best because it remains a challenge even when your character is a higher level.
Still, I guess it's best to mix it up and keep the player guessing. Also, I think it's necessary to always have some sortof action/puzzle sequence during a boss fight.

Edit: April 30th.
Sorry about no reupload yet. I guess I decided to wait until I get around to balancing that boss fight. I haven't done that yet.
Currently working on another area. Well, rather, I've decided what direction to take it in and I am adding monsters. Minotaur is 7/8 finished (he seems a bit short, but oh well). Basically ripped the sex anim from VH and put Sienna in the redhead's place. Also working on a leech monster, which the sprites are also 7/8 finished. Thankfully I didn't have to convert the leech to 32x32. Had to come up with the sex anims for it though. xD
The leech might be a rather difficult monster to get pregnant with. Haven't decided on how that would happen yet.. might be a low % chance it will do vaginal sex.

May 1st:
Actually I think I will replace all the monster events with common events. That should help me with modifying them in the future.
So far every time I change them I've had to go back and delete/paste every single monster in the game. xP

Spritework on the leech is finished. Need to find a good battler for it though.

May 2nd:
Didn't get anything done today. Oh well. Tomorrow's another day.

May 3rd: I was up a bit late last night working on another child. I actually made the child version of her by mistake and it turned out very well.
It was fun learning how to do that so maybe I can make the child version of Nadie sometime today.

May 4th, almost 1 AM: Currently giving the sex system a bit of tweaking so my events will be more organized (which will in turn make them easier to change and update).
Also got the leech a good battler to represent it earlier today.

Last edited:

Dragaman

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I wondered :

Is it possible escape the first dungeon after defeat the boss ? I can't find an exit :confused:
How long last gestation ?

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

There should be some sparkly lights after you defeat the boss. You use that to return to your room.

I might change that though. Should I just let the player leave the room instead? I guess it could be frustrating if a player wanted to continue exploring after defeating a boss.

Gestation is currently 9 days but I will have it changed to 3 days or less in the next update.
Edit: Or perhaps have it based on minutes instead... eh I dunno. 3 days or less for sure though.

Edit: May 07.
Working with pixels is hard. xP Made faces, body, and child version of another fairy child. Just need to do her idle-in-bed sprite.
Hard to come up with different poses that are pixel-possible and also still visually appealing.

Edit: May 08
Went back and made Nadie's child sprite version today. I also applied the lighting system to the first dungeon area. Hopefully that will be working properly.
I still need to get the 3 day pregnancy (or less?), the children, and recruiting of them working properly.
I also haven't added the slime child and another one from the first dungeon. I may or may not get around to that before the next upload.
Adding those 2 would likely take me 4 more days.

Edit: May 09 @ 12:46 AM
Realized there could be some conflict involving needing to hold your lantern and axe (or other tool) at the same time. When you kill a certain boss you won't need the lantern in the first dungeon anymore.
I might try and come up with a different solution. It could be frustrating for the player to have to equip a tool and then use it in the dark, and then put your lantern back on.
Edit: May 09 @ 12:53 AM
Scratch that. Just found a very effective way to solve all the lighting problems. When you don't have your lantern equipped it's still possible to see but you're much more likely to accidentally bump into an enemy.
Works very well and no need to eliminate the darkness after that boss dies now. x]
Edit: Few minutes later -
Just finished updating the starting area with the new light system. This also makes it more difficult to see during the evening without a lantern, that's nice.
Also found a bug in the caves there that could allow you to continue into day 2, which would possibly cause nasty problems. Squashed those.
Going to bed now. I'll either work on events or another child character tomorrow. Depends on my mood.

Edit: May 10, 12:43 AM
Been working on giving children tasks, helping them grow, etc.. Pregnancy will now last 3 days, baby phase will last 3+ days and child phase will last 3+ days. If you don't feed em they will never grow. Each child will prefer a different food item once they reach the child phase. When they grow past that you won't need to feed them anymore. You can then take them with you, give them a gathering task, or give them a study guide to learn a spell (which will take several days to make.. I might make it easier later but not sure yet). Still needs some work. Need to go to bed soon.

" " 1:33 AM
Just finished Nadie's mechanics. She should be 100% functional... whenever I reupload again. Will need to update her as I add more spellbooks and such, of course.
Gonna be a busy day tomorrow.

May 11, 2:22 AM
Didn't get to do much today. I did make some faces for the Lurker child. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

May 12, 2:00 AM
Another slow day. I did get some events done. Vallerie is now fully functional and I reworked the stats sheet. Just one item now and it displays the 4 primary needs first (nutrition, hydration, warmth, and hygiene). It then gives choices of which page to go to next. Not 100% happy with it yet but I can go back to it later.

May 13, 11:44 PM
I made some more portraits for Sienna. Replaced a bunch at the start in her house (her neutral face just didn't seem right to use all the time.. open-mouth seemed better for dialogue purposes).
Maybe I'll eventually get around to the other instances too. I really should probably work on some more dungeon areas and story/plot but it's difficult to leave the basics unpolished.

May 17, 8:51 PM
Decided to switch to Reedo's battle system.
This way I can use the little on-map enemy sprites for battles. It should also make the fights more fun.
Mostly decided to do this because I don't like having to search for battler sprites to match the enemies. Huge waste of time.
I wish the enemy sprites could be animated but I think they will look good as-is. Sometimes simple is better anyway.

Well.. animated enemy sprites that use charsheets would be nice, but I'm not likely to find a simple addon for Reedo's script that will do that.
If someone happens to know of one then I'll apply it. Otherwise I'm just gonna use simple static sprites.

Edit: I found a solution:
I'm not 100% happy with it, but it's better than nothing.

May 20th, 1:49 AM
Still working on making the game more presentable. Did a bit of work here and there.
Life is hectic, but I personally believe the "I have a life, I can't do this all the time!" excuse is for losers and quitters.
I did experience some burnout but I should bounce back from it. I just need to concentrate on one thing at a time.

May 25th, 1:35 PM
Finished the sex system overhaul. Should make it much easier to change things now.
Also replaced all the Abyssians with the new system. When/if I make future alterations to them I won't need to replace them again.
Sex with monsters is currently going to be more generic now but if I do change that it will be much easier to do so.
Also worked on the combat system a few days ago. It's now better looking. Wish I had better spell & hit animations but it's currently too complicated for me.

May 30th, 10:37 AM
Worked on adding another fairy child. All the sprite-work is finished but I still need to add in the events. Should have her fully functional by the end of the day.

June 15th, 1:14 AM
Guess I got burnout again there for a while. I want to add a tavern-like area to the main area but it's going to be challenging to add all the characters that need to go there.
I would probably be better off not making the game quite so big. I've been playing other games and I do feed off of ideas, what they do right, and what they do wrong.
I have discovered that repetitive gameplay will kill a game faster than anything else. There should always be something new and interesting to discover.

June 16th, 1:31 AM
Just added an NPC to the Hangout/Tavern area. I'm rather pleased with her first scene. I plan on adding a lot of events and quests involving her.
I'm having difficulty thinking of other characters to add so I guess it's best if I go work on other aspects of the game for now.

June 18th, 1:10 AM
I just thought of another way to add 6 new types of coins (all stone coins) to the game. Not sure if it's a good idea or not. The game's already a bit complicated.
I haven't decided on a use for them yet but I'm sure I'll think of something.

June 18th, 8:51 PM
Just finished with the 4th child's box. All four of the first children should be fully functional now.
The amount of work involved is insane. xP But ultimately I think it will be well worth it. I had originally planned on making 12 different girls but I think I'll have to cut that down a bit.
I want at least 2 more. After that.. who knows? We'll see where it goes from there.
I need some male NPCs but it's difficult to find appropriate sprites & faces to go with them.

June 18th, 11:02 PM
Very much considering using item bags to represent all item collections (food, ores, etc..) aside from battle items like potions, etc.. of course.
Lots of things I'd have to redo, but it would certainly make quests more fun (get x amount of fruit rather than "oh, give me an apple.. 3 times.. not 3 apples at once, but 3 times). RPG Maker VX can be idiotic.
For now I guess I need a break from it for tonight.

June 20th, 2:35 PM
Changed my mind on representing food items and ores with item bags. For the food items.. a lot of work and who wants to deal with a dialogue tree every time they need to eat something?
It's hassle enough to eat as it is. Working on ores a bit now. Not sure what I'll do next.. need to work on another dungeon but I'm lazy to start it.

5:04 PM
Also, I won't be making 4 different scenes for some of the.. uhh.. fatter/bulky monsters' rape scenes. Just too much trouble. They will instead use a single double sized frame sprite.

June 21st, 12:48 AM
Finished with the monsters sex animations for the reworked forest area. Still need to do their common events, sex events, etc..
So many plans. So little time. xP

June 22nd, 12:07 AM
Finished adding the new monsters' common events, sex events, stats, etc.. etc.. Just need to place them in the 2nd dungeon area now and fix up the new areas.
I'll try to go back sometime soon and finish up the first dungeon. Some of the 'Hangout''s quests can tie into those.

June 22nd, 12:55 PM
I've realized that my current "wounding" system is not going to function properly with additional characters in the party. It needs reworking and I'm not particularly happy about that.
Maybe I can change it to something similar to how the wand wears out and breaks.

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: RPGM VX Survival Project [NSFW!] [18+] Updated June 23rd, 2013

June 23rd, 1:27 AM
I could do an Alpha test myself, but it would take valuable time that I'd rather use to keep adding more to the game.

Please let me know of any issues you find. You should be able to get to and defeat 6 bosses. I have no idea if Fulvous and Dartmouth are too difficult or not, so feedback on those 2 is much appreciated.

Also it should be possible to get pregnant by the black spider (still forced, for story purposes), as well as the rats, brown slimes, and abyssians. You should have a baby fairy after a few days (3), then you need to nurse her for 3 more days so she will turn into a child, then feed her what she wants for 3 more days and she will grow into a teen at which point she can go with you, hunt supplies, or whatever.

Nadie will flee if she is defeated by certain monsters. This is intended for all monster types for all of Sienna's children but is not fully implemented yet. In future versions I hope to have it fixed such that a defeated fairy needs to rest the rest of the day and will be fully recovered the next morning.