What's new

SIM [Old Huntsman] Jack-o-nine-tails [SLG]

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [SLG] Jack-o-nine-tails

All there in the thread.
Ah cool I found it, searching the tread for the word broken rather than looking where you said helped. The answer was on page seven... from april... that's not;
a few pages back
Thank's for that ... I guess...

Letting her visit "Golden cage" will increase her spirit very slowly, but if give her such reward without her having proper accomplishment - that's a straight way to spoiling your slave.
So i had the right idea and Darkstrain was correct.

EDIT: i think i found the post you where trying to hint at;
Slaves have a Sanity stat which is Ego + Pride + Temper.
If Sanity < 3, she breaks, has all obedience stats set to zero, except Custom, which is maxed at 5. She'll do everything with dedicated "broken" descriptions. And her grade is stuck at F-
Ego and Temper are better high, but it makes training harder (a lot), and many check boxes and punishments make them go down.
Pride is better low, so you'll probably not have those points added to Sanity.
Some items make Temper go up each day (Spiked Collars, Hooves, High Boots,...)
Golden Cage makes Ego go up, but spoils the slave if not given after a +5 good behaviour, and takes whole day.
There can be other bonuses elsewhere too.
This is post 277/460, page 19/32... again....
I will apologise, but you seem too stuck up to accept it anyway.

Last edited:

DocClox

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I just delivered a slavegirl to Garfunkle the Inseminator. Poor lass, I'd got quite attached to her by that point. Oh well, if anyone was ever equipped to enjoy her fate, she was...

QQ: Does anyone know what you're promising when you "promise a promotion", by any chance?

There's no reference on the thread to it, apart from a brief misunderstanding about translation timescales. There is a comment attached to the "Delikicia" spell that says that the spell is used for promotions, which makes me wonder if the promise is actually to deliver one or more orgasms.

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score

QQ: Does anyone know what you're promising when you "promise a promotion", by any chance?
I guessed it was a translation error of some sort, i treated it like a minor reward like a sweet or something

The text following it seems to confirm this.

I look at things in order of level, top to bottom 1 to 5.
So "promise a promotion is 4.

While i don't use it much i never had any issues after, so im not entierly sure im using it correctly.

If i correct i think "promise a treat" would be better.

Darkstrain

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I just delivered a slavegirl to Garfunkle the Inseminator. Poor lass, I'd got quite attached to her by that point. Oh well, if anyone was ever equipped to enjoy her fate, she was...
you still have a lot to learn as a slaver if you get attached to your slaves, the lack of profesionalism you displayed is not something the guild aproves.

DeeFrost

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Should've made her your assistant since you were attached.

shindara

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I would assume promise promotion is telling them they are on their way to becoming an assistant. That's what I always assumed anyway.

DocClox

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

you still have a lot to learn as a slaver if you get attached to your slaves, the lack of profesionalism you displayed is not something the guild aproves.
You could argue that a caring trainer will take better care of his charges. Affection only becomes unprofessional if it get in the way of doing the job.

But, of course, I will accept the Guild's ruling on the matter :)

Should've made her your assistant since you were attached.
Thing is, I'm reluctant to get rid of Isabella. She's a one-off. Also, I'd have had to train another perfect sex-slave for the Gruffalo.

My plan is exposed! Nooooo...

Am i the only one who dose this?
I been tempted a couple of times :)

I would assume promise promotion is telling them they are on their way to becoming an assistant. That's what I always assumed anyway.
That wouldn't explain the Delikacia text though - unless that part is a mistake, I I'm still tending towards "orgasm". Or maybe multiple orgasms.

mfbean

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Maybe its just me but this game is surprisingly difficult to learn

stuntcock42

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Maybe its just me but this game is surprisingly difficult to learn
That's a perfectly valid complaint, and you should never hesitate to say so! Game developers often have trouble recognizing the strangeness of their own creations because they've grown accustomed to it. In fact, if you had somehow brought up your concern during the game's early development stages then the final product might have been much more playable.

In this case, the game's simulation (the set of statistics, how they interrelate, and how they change over time) is pretty reasonable. It's complex, but it gives new players a basic path (buy slave, train slave, sell slave) while presenting the experienced player with a lot of depth *. For example, it's possible to employ a gentle training strategy which focuses on "winning hearts and minds", or to be a "harsh but fair" disciplinarian, or to go all-out "reign of terror." The player can focus on cultivating a single perfect waifu, or they can treat women as disposable objects. You can build up an awesome mansion with sexy maids to tend to your whims, or explore the city's subcultures and try to climb its social ranks, or live alone in a shack while you train to be the world's greatest gladiator. **

The main problem is that the UI does a lousy job of telegraphing; the full consequences of pushing a button are often obscure and non-obvious. This isn't a complaint about the translation - many of the translators have actually added contextual information (such as the +1, +2, etc markers on the various Reward and Punishment options, and the description of nutrition mechanics on the Status page).

Consider the grand strategy games by . These games are infamous for being incredibly complex, having confusing GUIs, and being very difficult to learn. Even so, when the player is asked to make a decision they'll be presented with clear options (e.g. "Legitimize your bastard" vs "Exile him from court") and a tooltip which explains the direct effects of each option.

OldHuntsman has some neat ideas and an amazing work-ethic but ultimately he's still an amateur game developer. His effort is focused on a few aspects of the game (e.g. world-building, simulation, sandbox RP) but other aspects are neglected because he doesn't have the interest (e.g. GUI) or the resources (e.g. artwork, sound).

The "artwork" point is especially important. Imagine that you removed all of the anime images from the game, and replaced them with a very simple "stick figure" status image which is procedurally generated and which shows a few properties or statistics (e.g. dirtiness, weight, scars, bruising, breast size, branding, pregnancy, perhaps a smilie-face indicator for mood). Players would then recognize that the artwork is an incomplete representation of the actual underlying data, and they'd dig into the details -- for instance, by clicking the "How do you feel?" button and reading through the responses.

By contrast, the current artwork tends to mislead the player. The girl shown on-screen is consistently slim, clean, well-manicured, and happy (even if the simulation data says "obese, filthy, filled with parasites, and miserable"). In sex scenes your partner will usually be shown as enthusiastic, or sometimes a bit shy, but rarely upset (even if the simulation says "in pain, terrified, and suicidal"). When she cooks a meal you see a bubbling stewpot (even if you've run out of ingredients and the resulting meal will be F-rank garbage). When the artwork clashes with the simulation data, players will tend to conclude that the game is just buggy (or that the text has been mistranslated) rather than realizing that the artwork is inadequate. And that's assuming that players even notice the text instead of just skipping it all.

The simulation relies heavily on hidden patterns and trends: if a girl remains unhappy for several days then she can fall into despair; if she's consistenly underfed then her health will suffer. This isn't just statistics, either: the game includes a great deal of variation in the girl's possible dialog responses (and the "flavor text" which accompanies the interation scenes) based on her attributes and her status. Unfortunately the artwork isn't granular enough to convey such nuances, so new players may not even realize that that the trends exist until they see a girl suffer mindbreak or get killed by a chestburster. Perversely, the UI devotes much more screen space to the pretty pictures than it does to the informative text content (which get crammed into a tiny bar at the bottom).

If you treat the artwork as simple fanservice then you'll be fine. But if you trust it to deliver information about the state of the game (which most of us do because video gaming is a visual medium), then you'll tend to get blindsided by a sudden catastrophe and you may be forced to start over. Worst of all, the game doesn't use such moments to explain its mechanics or suggest alternatives***; the player may be forced to start over without an actual plan for "okay, here's how I'll avoid that problem in the future." If the same pattern repeats, then the player will eventually say "this game sucks. I quit." That's not the fault of lazy players, it's just bad design.

* Compare/contrast with SlaveMaker, which uses a simple simulation with visible relationship (e.g. training Refinement will always reduce Athletics). Players can easily understand SlaveMaker's mechanics and figure out an optimal training strategy, which limits replay value. To keep players engaged, SlaveMaker throws in random events, an ever-expanding roster of characters, and special victory conditions. SlaveMaker is much easier for a new player to pick up, but its mechanics alone won't sustain the player's interest. And much of its content can be accessed only through "gimmick" gameplay (e.g. repeatedly visiting the same place in order to trigger a random event, or minmaxing certain attributes in order to trigger a certain ending scene).

** The one caveat here is that the game isn't very well balanced, presumably due to a lack of traditional playtesting and the fact that most players opt for sandbox play. Several posters in the thread have complained about the difficulty of earning a consistent revenue and the need to rapidly train D-grade slaves in order to turn a profit. One of the main reasons that I wrote the trainer was to allow for more flexibility in gameplay styles.

*** For example, the text for the chestburster scene could include the following postscript: "You've heard that there are some clever doctors in the Serpentine Quarter. Perhaps they could do something about these fiendish parasites." It hints at the fact that this was event was preventable (rather than a random "fuck you") and it encourages the players to investigate a game mechanic which they may have been neglecting. Of course, it undermines verisimitude and RP (because the player character might not actually know such things) but a well-designed game will include such help/tutorial elements regardless. Roguelike trial-and-error gameplay is acceptable only if players are given the means to learn from their mistakes.

Darkstrain

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

tl;dr was needed
the images don't tell anything accurately vs in-game situations in both games, what slavemaker does better is showing you the precise amount a stat rises after your actions.

this game is a lot more complex (with things you can do) to slaves, but lacks the events of slavemaker and a viable harem of slaves option.

the most plausible combination would be the UI from slavemaker stats/sexmaking and the world map/free reign from this one.

i play both games, but in this one i am a sick bastard that rapes every virgin slave i ever get, an in slavemaker i go for the kiss spam into love, whatthehelliswrongwithme.

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score

10/10 on that post man a great read!

The main problem is that the UI does a lousy job of telegraphing; the full consequences of pushing a button are often obscure and non-obvious. This isn't a complaint about the translation - many of the translators have actually added contextual information (such as the +1, +2, etc markers on the various Reward and Punishment options, and the description of nutrition mechanics on the Status page).
This is the main issue I have with this game.
I started using you're trainer to keep a better eye on stat's as the ingames screen is a clustered mess that has no real useful information...

You could probably enhance you're trainer to help with this but I but i think it might be easier to maybe make another program just for this. you could even add the green +'s and red -'s!

i play both games, but in this one i am a sick bastard that rapes every virgin slave i ever get, an in slavemaker i go for the kiss spam into love, whatthehelliswrongwithme.
This game dose not have an open end like slave maker, you are forced to only have 1 slave (assistant) while getting rid of every other one. there is no option and that's the other thing i hate about this game.

Its strange in this game i feel less connected and less controlling, it feels like a brothel sim (the games where you run a brothel with like 10-infinite slaves) where you are only aloud 1.

Last edited:

mfbean

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

weight from light to heavy
underweight < normal < volup < plump < overweight < obsese
CMIIW
and how to reduce weight without make her starve or ill ???
thanks

Last edited:

Alploochra

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

(...) searching the tread for the word broken (...)
And it just took you what, days ?

This is post 277/460, page 19/32... again....
Except the Sanity formula being on page 28 (that you found)
And there's just an elaborate discussion about everything that adjust the three Sanity attributes on page 29, 3 posts later. The same page you found the trainer on.

I will apologise, but you seem too stuck up to accept it anyway.
Yeah, I'm stuck up.
You're really a kind-hearted non-biaised thorough-searching sympathetic and trusty reader of souls.

Your honest and spontaneous apologizes are soo heartfully accepted.

Alploochra

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

And by the way, I think we've forgotten to mention that Arena Champions gain metric tons of Ego/Nature (smaller victories give some too). But as it takes 5 decades at least, that's mildly helpful on a menial work-basis.

And nice post Stunt.

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score

weight from light to heavy
underweight < normal < volup < plump < overweight < obsese
CMIIW
and how to reduce weight without make her starve or ill ???
thanks
Im still not 100% on weight but this is how i think of it:

Calories is like energy, you spend calories with energy to do actions.
if calories goes below 0 you use F(fat)

F(fat) is like a bank of energy.

Going on any diet seems to make them unhappy no matter what as they class it as starvation no matter what.

But with health you could try giving her supplement or just diet slowely.

I have not experimented much as i normally keep it balanced.

DocClox

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Calories is like energy, you spend calories with energy to do actions.
if calories goes below 0 you use F(fat)

F(fat) is like a bank of energy.
That's more or less my understanding of it.

I seem to remember reading in one of the help boxes that the way to lose weight is to keep her at 1 or 0 cal at the end of the day. That way she'll gradually shed fat without coming to harm.

If you keep her in negatives then you are effectively putting her on a crash diet, and just as in real life, that can be dangerous. I had a gladiatrix with a wonky metabolism that I struggled to get below plump,but when I finally did she dropped from Enduring to Feeble. Luckily she was easy to train back up again, but that would have killed some girls.

Going off on a bit of tangent, anyone have a favoured strategy for feeble slaves? You can't give them any exercise (apart from sex anyway) and they get very few actions and if they lose endurance they start to die.

The best approach I've found is to overload them and run them into a coma and then pay the 50 sparks and have them reanimated. The come back as Weakened, which is a step up and can be trained. 50 Sparks for a level of Endurance? Bargain!

[edit]

I forgot to say - I like the complexity of the game. Slavemaker lost its way somewhere I can't help feeling. This has got a lot of depth to explore and I'm quite happy that it takes some digging and making of mistakes.

That said (@mfbean) I'll echo what stunt said: don't be afraid to ask. Or else I'll have to shut up too, and this place is a useful resource.

Is anyone else adding to the wiki, at all?

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I seem to remember reading in one of the help boxes that the way to lose weight is to keep her at 1 or 0 cal at the end of the day. That way she'll gradually shed fat without coming to harm.
I think it is any number below 0, not sure tho.

Going off on a bit of tangent, anyone have a favoured strategy for feeble slaves? You can't give them any exercise (apart from sex anyway) and they get very few actions and if they lose endurance they start to die.

The best approach I've found is to overload them and run them into a coma and then pay the 50 sparks and have them reanimated. The come back as Weakened, which is a step up and can be trained. 50 Sparks for a level of Endurance? Bargain!
I honestly try my best but that's sometime's the result's.

First i check she's well at the doctor, an illness could be the cause.
Than i feed them well so they get some extra health build-up
Add supplement's if you want
And a good bed, either with you or in the boudoir.
And remember to talk to them every now and than they might hint at an issue.
Also leave them with 1 energy extra every day, this allows them to rest.

Remember each action after you click end day (including showering) costs 1 energy even if they do it on there own accord, this can take them into negative AKA damaging their health. so if they need anything either do it during the day or leave extra energy for those action's.

There are probably actions you can do to help but i have not discovered any... kinda hard to know as there no accurate way of checking.

Is anyone else adding to the wiki, at all?
There's a wiki? is it in english?

DocClox

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

There's a wiki? is it in english?
Sorry, I just assumed you all knew. I don't have enough postcount for a link, so it's wiki dot anime-sharing dot com - hgames/index.php/Jack-o-nine. More or less, anyway.

Mainly I've added the Alchemy section. I think I might expand on some of the clothing items next. Just so I can look up what the various suits do for my guy

[edit]

Made a quick test. Had a girl on 9f; reduced her to 0 cal at end of day and next morning she was at 6f. It's possible that getting it exactly right may be more efficient than going into low negatives. Will investigate further.

[edit]

Yeah, 0 cal == -3 fat. So does 1 cal. Haven't tried negatives yet.

One tip - use sweet rewards to balance out calories.

Last edited:

Guuk

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is there an easy way to cheat in this game? Like ive found myself just reloading in sandbox untill i get a girl i like. :p

Like spawning specific girls or give yourself max in all stats, money etc?