What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [Naughty-Netherpunch] Renryuu: Ascension

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Renryuu: Ascension [English] [WIP]

You have to finish the traitor questline. It's starts in the fort of Parverhill, the city east from the capital. You'll be attacked by two guards if you go to the higher floor of the fort after introducing yourself in the capital. That's where the quest starts and goes on through several event at different places until you find the traitor in the castle.

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

The new update is done! It contains:

• Improved CG selection screen.
  • New CG scene with Ryoko starting at Calbridge Stronghold if you had her previous scene and have the first public health upgrade.
  • Improved menu visual.
  • Bug with Theremis at the capital of Amagal fixed.
  • Several small bugs fixed.
  • Every armor description now shows its type of armor.
  • Every character description now shows what type of armor they can wear.
  • Magic items created at the laboratory aren't random anymore but instead can be picked.
  • Stone trap in the south dungeon doesn't give a game over anymore.
  • Small balancing changes for Treys aura skills.
  • Small changes to skills from the laboratory.
  • The first battle of the strategy warmap is finished. I suggest to save before trying it so that you can try all different ways of going and fighting in this new system. Feedback about what you enjoy or don't and all bugreports are highly appreciated!

The Walkthrough has also received an update with the newest quests.

You can copy your old save files into the save folder of the new version if you want to continue playing your old progress.

Download:
-- --
-- --

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Due to a mistake you need to enter the Red keep first when you meet all requirements for Ryokos new scene before Kirsten will appear at Calbridge Stronghold. This won't be needed in the next update anymore but is necessary in the current version.

Sergejim

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

You have to finish the traitor questline. It's starts in the fort of Parverhill, the city east from the capital. You'll be attacked by two guards if you go to the higher floor of the fort after introducing yourself in the capital. That's where the quest starts and goes on through several event at different places until you find the traitor in the castle.
I wasn't able to finish it. I've always been stuck at the second step "Find the catgirl"

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I wasn't able to finish it. I've always been stuck at the second step "Find the catgirl"
You can find the catgirl at the bar in the capital.

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

The Walkthrough has also received an update with the newest quests.

You can copy your old save files into the save folder of the new version if you want to continue playing your old progress.
Thanks for keeping your walkthrough up to date! With a game this open, I'm glad I've got an option that will help me keep track of everything.

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I made a new update mostly for the sake of bug fixing. I got little feedback for my fix in the last devlog but since what I got was positiv I hope the crashes will be solved now.

• After your introduction in the castle the game will now automaticly save every 2.5 mins alternating between saveslot 15 and 16. If you already have a save at those slots you wish to keep please load and save them somewhere else in your old version before copying them into the new version!
  • A new plugin takes away all second weapon slots for characters that can’t use it anyway.
  • Money from mines and taxes is now generated 10 times faster.
  • I forgot to mention in the earlier update news that Kurohime has received her second CG picture. You can see it in her training or if you finished it already by using the CG selection at your bed.

Download the newest version at:

-- --
-- --

yourworstnightmare

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I have a problem with the upper half of the screen being balcked out all the time.

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I have a problem with the upper half of the screen being balcked out all the time.
Never heard of that problem before. o_O Did the problem appear right from the start or at a specific point of the game? What game version do you use? On what Operating System? Do you have problem with other RPG Maker MV games or is mine the only one?

yourworstnightmare

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Never heard of that problem before. o_O Did the problem appear right from the start or at a specific point of the game? What game version do you use? On what Operating System? Do you have problem with other RPG Maker MV games or is mine the only one?
No problems before, though I haven't played many games done with MV. The problem is there from the very beginning of the game.
OS is Windows 8.1

Last edited:
OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Have you tried to redownload the game in case something went wrong during the download? But I honestly don't know the problem or what could cause it so I can't help you much at the moment.
An alternative to the downloaded version would be to play the browser version at .

Augustus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Tried this game, and really liked it.

It has a very, VERY confusing quest bug.

So, I went to the place that starts the fragments quest, got attacked by some random guards.

Then I went home, and Trey told me to find "that catgirl".

So I went wtf looking for "that catgirl" everywhere.

Eventually, I gave up.

Eventually, I found her by accident...

Then I got attacked by the real catgirl, that talked about "last night", what last night???

So I guess the plot skipped a chunk of it out of the blue.

------------

Also, some design problems:

finding the stone seller guy is a huge pain in the ass, I did ALL OTHER QUESTS before finding that guy, and he made no sense (I for example bought from the castle merchant everything in the mines, hoping to find stones there).

I had to look on google how to "train" to go past that boulder quest, it is too cryptic, specially if you find it too early and take forever to get the necessary level.

Game sense of "time" is too screwed up... for example there is the time system on the battle separate from the rest of the game. there is no clear how much time "weeks" mean for the merchant.

There is no explanation of how much a in-game day (when you use the bed) advance (or not) the merchant time.

No explanation on how much time the mine mines either.

After a while playing, time is only relevant 100% for money, it feels the rest of the world is 100% static, it is kinda weird, at least some events should trigger or character relations should change a bit.

The "unwinnable" fights are not "unwinnable" enough and take too long, for example I spent about 10 minutes bashing that invincible lady and actually dealing good chunks of damage (also, I found weird that Tsubaki armour-piercing skill didn't ignored that lady armour... you need to acknolwedge that in the plot in some way).

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

@Augustus:
The quest isn't bugged as far as I'm aware but it has several stages. After finding the wrong catgirl you should've had a quest to check the noble living quarters where you afterwards encountered the traitor who wanted to kill you and was behind the two guards attacking you. The catgirl mercenary he hired appears after he's already in prison. I don't see anything about "last night" in her dialog but you might refer to the part where the caught traitor is mentioned. Depending on how long those events where apart for you and how mich else you did in between it might seem a bit confusing to connect those events with each other.
The fragment quest had nothing to do with these events and was just bringing you to the castle where the traitor questline started.

I had a few complains about the stone seller so far so I'll probably change his first dialog. I think most people don't try to talk to npcs twice which I think is wrong but understandable.

I'll add the exact requirement to move the boulder in the quest so that people will know when to return.

The game doesn't have a day or week time system. Sleeping doesn't progress any other events that have "day" or "week" as time units. I could change all the cases I use these words and replace them with something else, maybe that'll be less confusing.

The mines and merchant were supposed to be something you go back to after finishing some quests or exploration and get the money they farmed in the meantime. It wasn't my intention to give the player an exact countdown so that he'll feel the need to return immediately or wait right next to the merchant to finish.

You're correct about the world being static and only money increasing with time. As mentioned the game does not have a real time system, the only way to affect things in the world is to trigger events that change them.

Which "invincible lady" allowed you to fight her for so long!? Usually those events stop by themself after a few turns and switch into a dialog or something. I don't recall having a fight where you're actually supposed to lose before it continues.
If you're talking about the girl with long black hair and black/red armor then you'll get some more informations about her and her special armor in the next update.

Thank you for your feedback! :)

Next update should come at some point in the next ~30 hours. You can watch me work on the last few events at https://www.twitch.tv/ryensaotome .

Augustus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@Augustus:
The quest isn't bugged as far as I'm aware but it has several stages. After finding the wrong catgirl you should've had a quest to check the noble living quarters where you afterwards encountered the traitor who wanted to kill you and was behind the two guards attacking you. The catgirl mercenary he hired appears after he's already in prison. I don't see anything about "last night" in her dialog but you might refer to the part where the caught traitor is mentioned. Depending on how long those events where apart for you and how mich else you did in between it might seem a bit confusing to connect those events with each other.
The fragment quest had nothing to do with these events and was just bringing you to the castle where the traitor questline started.
What I mean is:

I went to talk to the fragments quest guy, and was attacked by 2 soldiers.
Trey then asked to talk to me in the castle.
I talked to him, and he said we had to find "that catgirl".

And I was... WTF, WHAT CATGIRL? I SAW NO CATGIRL!!!

I had a few complains about the stone seller so far so I'll probably change his first dialog. I think most people don't try to talk to npcs twice which I think is wrong but understandable.
The problem is that he is slightly out of the screen when you enter the room where he is present, and although I went to the building multiple times, I never saw him until I decided to talk twice to the clown out of desperation...

Because that room the characters never chance as the story advance (Except for the catgirl you find there), I never bothered in exploring it again after exploring it once, since it fits ALMOST entirely in the screen, I never realized a new character could be hidden in a corner.

Which "invincible lady" allowed you to fight her for so long!? Usually those events stop by themself after a few turns and switch into a dialog or something. I don't recall having a fight where you're actually supposed to lose before it continues.
If you're talking about the girl with long black hair and black/red armor then you'll get some more informations about her and her special armor in the next update.
That black/red armor fight is one of them, it took SEVERAL turns of her taking a serious beating before she retreated. She should retreat faster.

The dragon, same thing. (although the dragon was hilarious :p)

I also found that technological guardian thingy, and retreated immediately when I noticed I was doing zero damage, and I started the fight by accident anyway... Trey then said: "Good you agree with me." But he didn't said anything yet.. :p So it was kinda weird. Maybe you need to track how early the player gave up the fight and change the comments. (I know, I know, lots of busywork to do that :/ I am gamedev too and hate corner cases)

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

The new update is finally uploaded! It contains:

• New content for the main story line. (continues in Witton where it ended before)
  • Item synthesis at several blacksmith now possible!
  • You can now harvest Iron Ore in several dungeons after getting the Mithril Pickaxe. You’ll get the pickaxe during a side quest of the new story line events which also brings you to the new map Dhranholl mines.
  • More about different races with Ellanore at the sleeping chambers.
  • Sound bug with the stone boulder trap fixed.
  • Stone seller dialog in the capital changed to make it easier to find him.
  • New CG scenes added for Hellhound and the Wyvern girl Leneth. You can start those events and find Leneth in a locked storage at the Norhall Stronghold in Begus. You’ll need Sandra to open the door.

I’m also working on a new battle system for the warmap. You can take a look at the current state of it in the screenshot below. Moving your own units (green) around and attack enemies works fine but making conditions for enemies to react to your units is still taking some time. Also planned to be added in this system are:

• Research trees for each unit time (replaces "formation" in the warmap screen)
  • Experience for fight and level ups for each unit.
  • Special commanders (maybe as "heros") for units.

The walkthrough will be updated in a bit as well.

Please be so kind to leave your feedback here or per mail at [email protected]

Download the newest version at:
--
-- --

You can also find the file "Renryuu 23.09.16 to 07.10.16 update files.zip" in the download folder. This should contain all files you need for the update without the need to download the entire game again. Since it's the first time I'm trying to do it this way please let me know when something doesn't work.

General information:

You can continue to play your old progress by copying the old save folder into the folder of the new game version.

Saveslot 15 and 16 are used for auto-saves. Don’t save your
own progress there if you don’t want it to get overwritten with
auto-saves.

♍VoidTraveler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Wouldn't recommend using autosave systems in MV, roundscape adorevia had a huge game breaking bug just a while ago because of autosaves.

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

The auto-save additional to normal saves seemed necessary when people lost 6+ hours of gametime when they encountered game breaking bugs and forgot to save before. As long as the game is still in development bugs will sadly keep poping up so a safety seems like a good idea. The system is selfmade so I doubt it'll cause the same problem as some other auto-save system in another game. :)

Augustus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Did you saw my last post comments?

I had two particularly important points:

1. The plot mentions that I should look for "that catgirl" BEFORE I ever saw here, I think a bug made whatever event that should have triggered to be skipped.

2. The stone seller, beside the bad dialog, also was in a hard to see place (just off-screen in a almost-screen sized building)

That said, I am eager to download the new version... of all games I tested recently, yours is one of the most promising (also loved that it works on OSX! I am playing on OSX! oh... maybe I should have mentioned that before, now that I wrote that, I realize that maybe the missing scene was BECAUSE of OSX...)

♍VoidTraveler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The auto-save additional to normal saves seemed necessary when people lost 6+ hours of gametime when they encountered game breaking bugs and forgot to save before. As long as the game is still in development bugs will sadly keep poping up so a safety seems like a good idea. The system is selfmade so I doubt it'll cause the same problem as some other auto-save system in another game. :)
Less necessary than being able to progress in the game at all i reckon.
And it's kinda their fault not bothering to save for 6 hours lol, i save every time i am about to talk to an npc or pick a quest.
Buuut... up2you i guess, just sayin' :rolleyes: