What's new

ACT Nanocrisis

Tokanova

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Nanocrisis

That's quite mysterious unfortunately. It seems like the kernel isn't processing the RAM requests properly, causing Nanocrisis to crash. You could try running it Safe Mode, as there are much less tasks and processes, but I'm not sure if that'll work. I'm not sure if the problem is a memory conflict, or the kernel to RAM process. If it runs from Safe Mode, then you can try disabling services and startup tasks as needed to discover what the problem is. Also, if Event Viewer shows any other errors around that time frame post them.
How do I boot into safe-mode anyway?

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

f8 during startup

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Depends on your BIOS. Sometimes it's F8 like toxic said, sometimes it's F1, sometimes it's Delete, sometimes it's something else entirely. Play around with the keys, hit stuff as you're booting up, and if nothing works, hard-reset your computer (by holding the power button down for five seconds as you're booting up) and it will usually automatically prompt you if you want to boot in safe mode. Typically you want to boot in safe mode with networking if you want access to the internet.

manty5

Banned
Reputation score

Depends on your BIOS. Sometimes it's F8 like toxic said, sometimes it's F1, sometimes it's Delete, sometimes it's something else entirely.
I'm sorry, you appear to be confusing BIOS setup with safe mode. The two are completely different setups. BIOS setup lets you play with the hardware connected to your motherboard. Safe mode lets you boot into windows without many drivers and processes.

Safe mode is ALWAYS F8, and the time to press it is after the memory test screen, but before you see the windows logo.

BIOS setup can be F1, F2, Del depending on mfgr (often it will tell you on the initial screen), and the time to press it is just as soon as you see anything at all on the screen (usually the memory test if you have that enabled).

Zideeane

Scallywag Homobeard
Reputation score

So, on one of my routine obsessive checks of the developer's blog, I notice that the site is down.

[rage]...This angers me, for there may be an update I am not seeing.[/rage]

Last edited by a moderator:

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

So, on one of my routine obsessive checks of the developer's blog, I notice that the site is down.

[rage]...This angers me, for there may be an update I am not seeing.[/rage]
You had the rage brackets in the wrong setup, so I fixed them.

Zideeane

Scallywag Homobeard
Reputation score

God dammit BB code.

EDIT: Also, site's back up and now new update. I am disappoint.

Last edited:

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm sorry, you appear to be confusing BIOS setup with safe mode. The two are completely different setups. BIOS setup lets you play with the hardware connected to your motherboard. Safe mode lets you boot into windows without many drivers and processes.

Safe mode is ALWAYS F8, and the time to press it is after the memory test screen, but before you see the windows logo.

BIOS setup can be F1, F2, Del depending on mfgr (often it will tell you on the initial screen), and the time to press it is just as soon as you see anything at all on the screen (usually the memory test if you have that enabled).
Then why is my choice to boot up into safe mode F1? And no, I'm not talking about BIOS setup, for me that's Del.

muigordo

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

so many new posts, and i thought there was an update :(

manty5

Banned
Reputation score

Then why is my choice to boot up into safe mode F1? And no, I'm not talking about BIOS setup, for me that's Del.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

So your proof that I'm for whatever reason flat-out lying by telling you my motherboard's [edit: not motherboard's, brain fart haha, installation] safe-mode prompt key is F1 is... Wikipedia. You'll have to do better than that.

Edit2: shit I must be tired or something. You're right, I was confusing the two keys.

Last edited:

manty5

Banned
Reputation score

Happens to the best of us. Its just that hitting F8 at the exact right time is enough of a pain for someone who's not used to it... add in uncertainty over what key to push, and you'll break their mind :eek:

lariandark

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hello,searched on my own = no way of playing the game :confused:

No one elses ever had my control no working problem before ?

Zideeane

Scallywag Homobeard
Reputation score

Hello,searched on my own = no way of playing the game :confused:

No one elses ever had my control no working problem before ?
Okay, what's the problem? Did you try changing the controls?

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

If you have a game pad plugged in it overrides the keyboard

Tokanova

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Booting into safe mode didn't work.

Apparently this computer hates Game Maker games, because they're the only thing it won't run. Really annoying.

lariandark

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Repost of my entire problem ,was on last page.

6 Days Ago
lariandark
Newbie Join Date: Jul 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all,sems i have some troubles runing the game.

It instal and start whithout trouble but my mouse pointer blend into the screen and no button give any effect.

I saw someone having trouble whith some usb joystic but i have none (only a mouse and a keyboard (razer) ) not sure what can cause this but all help woud be welcome .

Thanks a lot.

lariandark
View Public Profile
Send a private message to lariandark
Find all posts by lariandark

#359 6 Days Ago
Serpentar
Demon Girl Pro Join Date: Oct 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doubt its the razer. Have the mouse myself and it doesnt cuase any problems. Though I do run Win XP, SP 3.

Serpentar
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Serpentar
Find all posts by Serpentar

#360 6 Days Ago
lariandark
Newbie Join Date: Jul 2010

I have xp sp3 as well,razer stuff usualy have lots of adds to it so it may have been mistaken for a joystic ... but i doubt it as well .

Maybe someone had similar troubles,searched a bit around and found nothing that coud have caused this so far.

Reputation score

so any indication on when the next update is due?
well, the author is constantly updating his blog, however, an actual game update might be a couple more weeks. right now he's working on naughty doggy action, which he mentioned could take a while because making realistic dog movements on a computer game is extremely difficult. and he also wants to include some bukkake action in the next update with game over images. the next update is going to be epic, but it's going to take some time. be patient, it's really going to be worth it :D:D:D

finale00

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sounds like a pretty big update.
Hoping there will be some clothing damage as well some time after. Seeing her fully clothed just doesn't work!