What's new

Mitsuko X Space Escape

Status
Not open for further replies.

urielmanx7

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Mitsuko X Space Escape

I'll pitch in a few hundred to help you out if you need it done... If you put a few favorites of mine in there too ;)
That, my friend (along other things) is why I don't do donations ;)

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That, my friend (along other things) is why I don't do donations ;)
Yeah, accepting "donations" can end up costing you more as a developer/artist than if you just sold commissions if you aren't careful. It's like the guy in prison offering you cigarettes for free. Sure they're free now, but you'll be paying for them for a loooong time.

People like that are obnoxious...

If you do accept donations, just make a disclaimer that you won't owe the donator anything and that donating isn't a guarantee that it will speed up production. That helps curve those types of people away. You'll still get the "Notice me sempai because I donated" message occasionally, but those aren't too bad.

Last edited:

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Yeah, I've been following Uriel for years now, (there was even a time when he cancelled development altogether) and he really takes his time with it, but it's just a side project for him so it's no rush.

I feel like if he started taking money for the game there would be a lot of pressure that he doesn't want to churn stuff out.

urielmanx7

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

If you do accept donations, just make a disclaimer that you won't owe the donator anything and that donating isn't a guarantee that it will speed up production. That helps curve those types of people away. You'll still get the "Notice me sempai because I donated" message occasionally, but those aren't too bad.
I thought of doing that some time last year, but instead of donations, calling them tips, and adding that the fact that anyone gave me money doesn't entitle them to demand any sort of content to be added to the game or something like that.

I feel like if he started taking money for the game there would be a lot of pressure that he doesn't want to churn stuff out.
That's the other reason I don't do them, I would feel bad if I don't work on the game more so to compensate for the donations, which in turn will male the development like a chore.

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

That's something I don't get. People clearly don't understand the meaning of the word "donate" sometimes. Quite literally, it means giving something without expecting anything in return.

I have my gripes with the usage of the word outside of here, too. I donated to Mighty No 9 but then again, it's more like I bought a lot of physical goods at my "donation" tier and I'll be getting the game when it comes out (next month, in fact). But there's people on the closed forums there which wanted a refund on their "donation" at the first opportunity they could turn heel and run.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That's the other reason I don't do them, I would feel bad if I don't work on the game more so to compensate for the donations, which in turn will male the development like a chore.
On the other hand, maybe that would help you be more consistent and you may actually end up enjoying the process more. I know some people need deadlines or pressure to get work or projects done.

Won't know unless you try? What's the downside, you make some money and feel guilty? Lol. If you warn people that it isn't a guarantee to speed up production, you won't owe anybody anything extra anyways.

Last edited:

cronosss

Demon Girl
Reputation score

On the other hand, maybe that would help you be more consistent and you may actually end up enjoying the process more. I know some people need deadlines or pressure to get work or projects done.

Won't know unless you try? What's the downside, you make some money and feel guilty? Lol. If you warn people that it isn't a guarantee to speed up production, you won't owe anybody anything extra anyways.
Doesn't saying that there's no guarantee kinda undermine the whole deadlines/pressure aspect though? :p However, this man speaks the trueth, worst case scenario - you will have some money which you can use to buy ice cream so you don't feel as guilty, because ice cream.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Doesn't saying that there's no guarantee kinda undermine the whole deadlines/pressure aspect though? :p However, this man speaks the trueth, worst case scenario - you will have some money which you can use to buy ice cream so you don't feel as guilty, because ice cream.
Well he said it was self imposed, saying "There's no rush" to yourself isn't going to stop you from feeling guilty if you're going to feel guilty (Even if there's no reason to). Since when do people function purely on logic? lol.

Just noticed Blogger going back on their disallowing adult content from that post of yours, whooop whooop.

Last edited:

urielmanx7

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

The problem with that is that I'm very, and I mean VERY self indulgent with myself, I try to put me deadline all the time, but since there's no real punishment for not meeting them I can just go for not doing the punish and just leave it at that. I need someone to physically nagging me every once in a while to do shit...Yeah, consistency is not one of my strong points; that's why my goody two shoes self won't allow me to accept money, I know I will still be a lazy ass and that would mean basically earning money for doing nothing, unacceptable to my principles.

GS90

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The problem with that is that I'm very, and I mean VERY self indulgent with myself, I try to put me deadline all the time, but since there's no real punishment for not meeting them I can just go for not doing the punish and just leave it at that. I need someone to physically nagging me every once in a while to do shit...Yeah, consistency is not one of my strong points; that's why my goody two shoes self won't allow me to accept money, I know I will still be a lazy ass and that would mean basically earning money for doing nothing, unacceptable to my principles.
Try a rewards approach then. Reward yourself when you make a deadline. Something you want, but refuse to do until X happens, etc.

Edit: You might want to put someone you trust in charge of whatever that is so you don't cave before it gets done.

Soljer13

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

an updated demo would be nice...

Reactions: Kat

textbook703

Reputation score

Try a rewards approach then. Reward yourself when you make a deadline. Something you want, but refuse to do until X happens, etc.

Edit: You might want to put someone you trust in charge of whatever that is so you don't cave before it gets done.
No, your idea is stupid. A good idea would be to hit your dick with a hammer every time you fucked up and missed a deadline.

Trust me. I'm great at this

Soljer13

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

No, your idea is stupid. A good idea would be to hit your dick with a hammer every time you fucked up and missed a deadline.

it works for my dad. except its my mother hitting him. and she's using her knee as a hammer.

GS90

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I can't tell if you're joshing me or if you're being serious.

How exactly is a positive reinforcement technique stupid?

textbook703

Reputation score

I can't tell if you're joshing me or if you're being serious.

How exactly is a positive reinforcement technique stupid?
Oh, my example was backwards, sorry. Obviously you wouldn't want to reward yourself with a game of sweet, sweet Hammer Cock every time you behaved badly. Where's the incentive to behave well?

redx

Reputation score

Oh, my example was backwards, sorry. Obviously you wouldn't want to reward yourself with a game of sweet, sweet Hammer Cock every time you behaved badly. Where's the incentive to behave well?
not hammering yourself in the cock?

facefull123

Demon Girl
Reputation score

well ive never seen a thread where a discussion deviated into whether or not hammering yourself in the dick is a good form of reinforcement. B.F. Skinner would be proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.