What's new

Member Announcements Thread

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Member Announcements Thread

Sweet Jesus, man. Hunker down and don't come out unless you need to. I'd say shoot me an "I'm alive" message, but save the phone power, too. Good luck and Godspeed. Seriously, this time.

ScrewDriver

Lurker
Reputation score

He'll be okay. I have friends who are probably not far from him considering that they were talking about it on the radio yesterday.

If they're gonna make it, siphon's totally gonna make it. If they don't, you can expect to see me on the news ripping up sod and rubble looking for them.

Anyways...

Uh... yeah, so a long time ago, I vanished due to school. After school finished, I sort of just stuck to lurking, injecting a comment every now and then. I haven't seen Wallpaper since... which makes me feel a little sad on the inside.

Haldo again everyone!

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

So I'm able to get on again. My motherboard died on my old computer, or at least that's what my brother said was wrong with it. It was probably time to get a new computer anyways seeing how old the last one was. So did I actually miss anything or just the same old fun.

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

Of course, it need more than just a wimp hurricane to beat our SiphonTalvesh.

Welcome back, its nice to see both of you again

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

At the moment, it looks like the hurricane is going to be hitting me next. It should make land-fall sometime friday night I think. It seems like it will drop to a Cat 1 when it hits, though, so that's good.

Quartz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

At the moment, it looks like the hurricane is going to be hitting me next. It should make land-fall sometime friday night I think. It seems like it will drop to a Cat 1 when it hits, though, so that's good.
Yeah, Category 1 hurricanes aren't a big deal at all unless you're like right up on the waterfront. I'm just glad it veered off to sea so I don't have to worry about it.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Yeah, Category 1 hurricanes aren't a big deal at all unless you're like right up on the waterfront. I'm just glad it veered off to sea so I don't have to worry about it.
Makes me glad i live in Ga. We have so very little coastline, and what we DO have is protected by barrier islands.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

So I'm able to get on again. My motherboard died on my old computer, or at least that's what my brother said was wrong with it. It was probably time to get a new computer anyways seeing how old the last one was. So did I actually miss anything or just the same old fun.
Welcome back, I was wondering where you'd gone.

And no, you havn't missed much. Mostly same old fun.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

And up here in IL all that hurricanes do is cause a little bit of rain, which we actually want right now.

Quartz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Makes me glad i live in Ga. We have so very little coastline, and what we DO have is protected by barrier islands.
Well, we have the outer banks as barrier islands for most of the coast here. It's just that a lot of people happen to live on the outer banks, so they get to do the whole board up the windows and gtfo routine every time a hurricane hits.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Well, we have the outer banks as barrier islands for most of the coast here. It's just that a lot of people happen to live on the outer banks, so they get to do the whole board up the windows and gtfo routine every time a hurricane hits.
And then they whine and want the government to rebuild their houses.

Bah, that's what you get for living in a hazard zone. Like the morons that build in a FLOODplain and complain when their house gets FLOODED

Lurker
Reputation score

I live in south florida. Usually any hurricane means we're fucked, except that for the past few years they've either been pansies or made hard turns one way or the other.

I had a friend who used to invite me to the mall when we got storm warnings. "The cops won't show if the wind is over 40 mph", he said.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

had to battle viruses, slight collateral damage of my system now thinks its had major hard ware changes...

i guess this is an opportunity to move to windows 7...

groan...

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

had to battle viruses, slight collateral damage of my system now thinks its had major hard ware changes...

i guess this is an opportunity to move to windows 7...

groan...
I've had no problems with it.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ok so yeah, Earl pansied on out of here and didn't amount to much here on the Island anyway, dunno about further North of me. But anyways, I should be back to updating tomorrow evening some time, tonight I go to Madison Square Garden and relax at a basketball game.

Courtside seats for $45 was too good to pass up on haha. Of course, I could be coming back with stories of how players came crashing into me later, but it'll be well worth it imo.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Glad to see that, i was watching the news :3

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Here in Canada, Earl was so underwhelming, at least where I was, that I was considering not even posting an update of it. I lost power, but only for about 24 hours. Compared to Juan (that was seven years ago and and I'm not sure we've finished cleaning up fully after that), Earl was just about your average summer storm here.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

i live in Melbourne, which means the only natural disaster that happens is a bushfire.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Earl did grant us our first real thunderstorm of the year, something oddly absent from this season.