What's new

Masamusume Demon Moon and Ushiero Bunny-Knight (not a progress update)

OP
Heiyuu!

Heiyuu!

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: [ACT] Masamusume Demon Moon and Ushiero Bunny-Knight

So uh, Heiyuu!, is Ushiero the first Usagimimi to not just get wrecked by spikes or eaten exclusively?

I mean, does she have a tail in any of her animations, or is that just a cute headband? If it's the latter that's fine, I'm just holding out hope one day for the various 'mimi' types to play protagonist in a game where they don't get mutilated or digested.

Question aside, I love your spritework!
I'm sure Kyrieru didn't have to mentor you too much to get the result you have here and if he did, that's just a testament to your ambition to improve.

I honest and truly hope the best for you and maybe this is wrong to say given the assistance Kyrieru provided.. hope you can give him something of a friendly rivalry. Competition is good for business, and even better for the consumer.
Granted, a collaborative effort wouldn't hurt my feelings either if it proved fruitful.
haha dont worry i dont plan on making guro stuff like that, and she is suppose to have a tail, just you can see it, when it comes to games, i wanna make something cute, basically ushiero was me trying to imagine a h game on a gameboy advance

as for ky, he did help a lot in the ways, i had never sprited until two years ago
but i was inspired by kurovadis, eroico and noaika, since what i loved about them as how on their own, they were fun games, so i took that design philosphy ky had and for the two years weve talked, its been a good thing for my improvment in pixel art, something i find weird is people think ky doesnt want more h games out there, its the complete opposite, he wishes there was a lot more, and when people miss an opportunity or the game is sorta broken, its frustrating for him

OP
Heiyuu!

Heiyuu!

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Them look so good, for my tastes i like more the japanese oriented one, "Masamusume", it reminds me somehow to "Muramasa the demon blade" and that makes me crazy haha. But the "Ushiero" one looks great too!
As every one saids its great to see another Sprite anim style ACT games.So good luck and cheers, they look so good and cant wait to see the demo/s.

PD: Sorry for my bad english
PDD: Following you in Pixiv too ;)
funny enough the name was just a play on masamune
but looking at screenshots of that game i can see the similarities on why it reminded you of it

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

This looks pretty cool! I think I got linked to your tumblr a few months back, is this you?

Definitely looking forward to following the news as this develops.

OP
Heiyuu!

Heiyuu!

Demon Girl
Reputation score

yeah thats me, tho imma stop posting game stuff on there since these are h games, and most stuff i post on there is just more casual sketch dumps i do of mostly cute stuff and at most semi ecchi stuff

zer_0

Demon Girl
Reputation score

it sure feels good to know that the circle of amazing sprite artists is enlarging :p

so here's a couple of questions

what is the first game to be released?

and is there a demo or 2 programmed to come out in te near future?

just the images filled me with d̶e̶t̶e̶r̶m̶i̶n̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ anticipation :D

sorrow4444

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

funny enough the name was just a play on masamune
but looking at screenshots of that game i can see the similarities on why it reminded you of it
I recomend you to play it, its a cool/beautifull story and the art its great!!

OP
Heiyuu!

Heiyuu!

Demon Girl
Reputation score

first game to be released would be masamusume since its a smaller project, just a simple sidescroller, dont have a date, like i said theyre just stuff i work on when i have time

ushiero is the bigger one basically would be three stages with a boss at the end of each one, and basically around 4 enemies per stage apart from the boss

Roanoke

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

haha dont worry i dont plan on making guro stuff like that, and she is suppose to have a tail, just you can see it, when it comes to games, i wanna make something cute, basically ushiero was me trying to imagine a h game on a gameboy advance
You're not playing very fair with confirmation that she's a 'mimi' and Gameboy nostalgia. Super excited to see what kind of adventure she ends up having!

as for ky, he did help a lot in the ways, i had never sprited until two years ago
but i was inspired by kurovadis, eroico and noaika, since what i loved about them as how on their own, they were fun games, so i took that design philosphy ky had and for the two years weve talked, its been a good thing for my improvment in pixel art, something i find weird is people think ky doesnt want more h games out there, its the complete opposite, he wishes there was a lot more, and when people miss an opportunity or the game is sorta broken, its frustrating for him
Yeah, I could see that about him just by reading his blog posts and whenever I notice a comment on a thread here. It very clearly bothers him when something falls flat that wouldn't have if it had been given a little more care.
That said, even if he didn't make himself out to be welcoming of more games in this genre, I think of him as intelligent enough to see the perks to having some competition. The fact that he helped you to reach where you are now is proof of that and I'm extremely happy for you both, not just as developers but as people making more of themselves.

Of course I realize these are being worked on slowly, but given that they seem to be labors of love please don't hesitate to air your thoughts however and whenever you choose to.

Seis

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Need a magnifying glass to see those screenshots. :p

Is that Shantae?

OP
Heiyuu!

Heiyuu!

Demon Girl
Reputation score

ah sorry about that, didnt want to resize in the case they were blurry because of being streched out and also didnt have the time to pass them in a way so they be bigger without that problem, also yeh thats shantae sprite i did for fun

also to the comment before, yeah no prob, if i have anything to announce, it'll be on here for the most part

fapmcfap

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The screens look fantastic, actually one of the best looking pixel games in recent memory, and I don't just mean H games but in general.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

These look great. I hope you keep your hobby alive.

tanfew

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Very Nice, subscribing to follow this :)

zer_0

Demon Girl
Reputation score

first game to be released would be masamusume since its a smaller project, just a simple sidescroller, dont have a date, like i said theyre just stuff i work on when i have time

ushiero is the bigger one basically would be three stages with a boss at the end of each one, and basically around 4 enemies per stage apart from the boss
can't wait to play them :D

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score

I love the art style a lot, remids me of Kyrieru just like other people said. Following thread and looking forward to a playable demo :)

OP
Heiyuu!

Heiyuu!

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The screens look fantastic, actually one of the best looking pixel games in recent memory, and I don't just mean H games but in general.
ehhh, thats a little too strong praise, but im glad people like them so far

also sorry been busy with other things recently, job and home stuff, i'll try to get back onto working on the games

E

erobotan

ah sorry about that, didnt want to resize in the case they were blurry because of being streched out and also didnt have the time to pass them in a way so they be bigger without that problem, also yeh thats shantae sprite i did for fun
they are the actual size?

OP
Heiyuu!

Heiyuu!

Demon Girl
Reputation score

as in actual pixel perfect size?, yes?

E

erobotan

as in actual pixel perfect size?, yes?
aren't those too small? will be nice if you can make them bigger. It's ok if it's just resize without re-smoothing (though will be nice if you re-smooth)

OP
Heiyuu!

Heiyuu!

Demon Girl
Reputation score

yeah i got no problem making them bigger, its just time haha

but leaving them actual pixel size was also cause wanted to give people an idea of the sprite sizes