What's new

RPG Unknown/Hiatus Malise and the Machine - Public Demo Available Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Combustion Man

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Malise and the Machine - Public Demo Available Now!

Hi, just tried the demo, i went as far as the second "zone" and 2 battles.

Key mapping is terrible, really, if you want to do something different than 95% of the other RPG Maker games, make sure you actually improve something, not the opposite. Please add different configurations (like WXC buttons (AZERTY keyboard) ) which is used by most games and has proven itself.

Battle pace i didn't read everything but seems like an issue. Well, not for me, it's faster than most RPGMaker games, actually which is good. (my settings are :" wait for input" )

Overall design I'm not fond of this king of futuristic level design (alien like) but it's ok, models looks nice maybe a bit too much on the silicon dolls side.

Still, i kind of like it, the worst thing is having to use the enter key, i would really enjoy using W key instead (on Azerty keyboard, not sure which one it is on a Qwerty one, Z maybe ? )

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Key mapping is terrible, really, if you want to do something different than 95% of the other RPG Maker games, make sure you actually improve something, not the opposite. Please add different configurations (like WXC buttons (AZERTY keyboard) ) which is used by most games and has proven itself.

(...)

Still, i kind of like it, the worst thing is having to use the enter key, i would really enjoy using W key instead (on Azerty keyboard, not sure which one it is on a Qwerty one, Z maybe ? )
Thanks for the input on the input ;)
I was always wandering how RPGMaker handles keyboard layouts different than QWERTY, but never had the time/opportunity to test it out, and kept forgetting about it, since nobody complained about it... yes, even though keyboard layouts different than QWERTY are widely used in many countries and regions, you're actually the very first person to brought it up.
I don't want to get into details why we did it differently "than 95% of the other RPG Maker games", but issues like this are very likely in early stages of development, so thank you for the report and understanding.

B

bleahblah

Just curious but, say Malise gets all hot and bothered fighting mobs and returns to a town. Does her lust level affect her interactions with people and possibly cause some scenes or certain choices to pop up?

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As a user of a QWERTZ keyboard I can tell you that RPG Maker games use the actual "value" of the button press, meaning I have to reach halfway across the keyboard in cases of the usual ZXC setup.

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
As a user of a QWERTZ keyboard I can tell you that RPG Maker games use the actual "value" of the button press, meaning I have to reach halfway across the keyboard in cases of the usual ZXC setup.
So it's not only in MATM, but other RPG Maker games as well?

EDIT:
Well, did some testing of my own... Polish Windows with various keyboard settings: Polish (programmer's) for QWERTY and French for AZERTY. Changing the keyboard for MATM (both Public Demo and most recent WIP build) worked exactly the same as for other RPG Maker games (tested one VX and one VX Ace). So, if you're using AZERTY keyboard, my suggestion is to change keyboard mappings on Keyboard tab in F1 menu (do note that settings in F1 menu are shared by all games using same engine!). See attachment for default mappings (QWERTY) and suggested AZERTY mappings (based on info from ).
Hope this helps.

Unfortunately, there's no apparent solution for QWERTZ keyboards' mapping problem (Z key being far, far away). Eh, more work for uncle Altair ;).

If you use a non-QWERTY keyboard and it's a problem for you then I suggest using a controller for now. It should really be no spoiler that concessions have to be made in the interim when reworking an engine from scratch.

Just curious but, say Malise gets all hot and bothered fighting mobs and returns to a town. Does her lust level affect her interactions with people and possibly cause some scenes or certain choices to pop up?
Things such as that will definitely influence interactions and dialog, though we haven't worked out specific scenarios for this kind of thing yet. Up to this point it hasn't since we haven't made it a priority to delve back into the dialog system and add additional artwork yet.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

ahrimansiah

Lurker
Reputation score

@Eromancer
Hey! love your game and love supporting it! beautiful master art! you guys have done a beautiful job and i love the passion in sex acts!

is there any chance for a dog/cyborg dog/dog like enemy?
you know they are the must have for every single bestiality art :D and with your passion im sure the sex moves will be superb!

thanks in advance

OP
Eromancer

Eromancer

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Hey guys!

I've posted a new blog post with a lot of details about what we've been working on since the last patch, as well as some images of TK's progress and artwork of Neon's new outfit.

@Eromancer
Hey! love your game and love supporting it! beautiful master art! you guys have done a beautiful job and i love the passion in sex acts!

is there any chance for a dog/cyborg dog/dog like enemy?
you know they are the must have for every single bestiality art :D and with your passion im sure the sex moves will be superb!

thanks in advance
Glad you like it so far! I do plan on eventually introducing some enemies like that, so keep an eye out :D.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Mmmmf, that pic of Neon lifting her dress though.

soulmaster318

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

So can we strip Neon in v0.05? Spoil pls :D

ahrimansiah

Lurker
Reputation score

Hey guys!

I've posted a new blog post with a lot of details about what we've been working on since the last patch, as well as some images of TK's progress and artwork of Neon's new outfit.

Glad you like it so far! I do plan on eventually introducing some enemies like that, so keep an eye out :D.
*smash my head to wall from the joy*
WORTH EVERY SINGLE PENNY! thanks alot pal for fan support ^^

the new posses for new outfit are superb! man your a gifted artist!

Last edited:

edley

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Anybody got a save at the end of the maze for the 0.04 update? Thanks

MurphyMurph

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Mmmmf, that pic of Neon lifting her dress though.
I could not get more erect.

I wonder what are those markings on her leg. She doesn't have any with the first outfit.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, in her other outfit she has very mechanic looking legs. I figure the legs she's showing here are just as artificial, just more subtle. It's a good way to show she's an android still, in my opinion.

ahrimansiah

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, in her other outfit she has very mechanic looking legs. I figure the legs she's showing here are just as artificial, just more subtle. It's a good way to show she's an android still, in my opinion.
completely agree... my dick like some steel xD

OP
Eromancer

Eromancer

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Hey guys!

So, due to an initial favorable response from patrons, I wanted to get some feedback from you. We're currently considering some major changes to the Patreon campaign structure in an effort to simplify the process for new patrons, attract new patrons, and to remove some of my campaign related workload in order to give me more time to work on development related things.

Patreon is rolling out a feature called "Charge Up Front", which will allow us to utilize the Patreon feed for all releases. This would greatly simplify our release process, allow patrons instant access to their digital rewards, and also be much more intuitive for new patrons. Unfortunately, this feature is only available to (the vastly more popular) monthly campaigns, so it caused us to reconsider whether we could give the same or better experience to our patrons while benefiting from this new feature.

To accomplish this, we would significantly change the pricing for pledge rewards. This would drastically lower the initial price point for new patrons to check out what we are offering, and is something we feel could attract people that were scared off by the relatively high pledge requirements (especially those that hadn't seen a 'pledge per creation' campaign and mistook the reward prices for a monthly cost).

Here are the proposed changes:

• The $1 reward (Patreon feed access) would change to $1 per month, and remain the same.
  • The $10 reward (access to the latest game version) would become $3 per month. We may not have a major release every month, but we certainly would not have them more than three months apart. On months that we don't have a major release ready, we would have a significant Patreon update showing off content from the upcoming release. The bottom line is that patrons pledging at the $10 tier or greater now wouldn’t be penalized by the new model.
  • The $15 reward (Artwork PDF) would change to $5 per month.
  • The $45 reward (Inner Circle access) would change to $10 a month.
  • The print rewards would be consolidated down to two. $40 a month for US patrons and $50 a month for international patrons. These can't change more due to the cost of printing and shipping, however these rewards would also include Inner Circle access, making them equivalent to the current $70 and $80 tiers.

For further reference, you can see the full descriptions and pledge reward list as it currently stands at (on the right side of the screen).

We're interested in obtaining feedback from those currently not pledging to see if these proposed changes would make you reconsider supporting the project. To do that I've made a very brief anonymous survey (two questions, multiple choice) that you can find below.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Now, discuss!

echidna

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Yeah, I'm going to need a save to get past this amp puzzle. It's simply frustrating, difficult, and really kills any fun. By the time you manage to grind it out normally, you get your lust so high by the flies that the flesh pits grab you before you can break them that you die from inescapable grapple chains because you took too long actually killing monsters and playing the game that you're punished for it. It's a ridiculous design rhetoric and frankly awful game design. You can't even interrupt the flies because their normal attacks do it too and it makes it impossible actually get any distance without save scumming.

I'd like a save to skip it because RNG grinding bullshit is way too bothersome a hassle in an H-game.

Granineous

Reputation score

Yeah, I'm going to need a save to get past this amp puzzle. It's simply frustrating, difficult, and really kills any fun. By the time you manage to grind it out normally, you get your lust so high by the flies that the flesh pits grab you before you can break them that you die from inescapable grapple chains because you took too long actually killing monsters and playing the game that you're punished for it. It's a ridiculous design rhetoric and frankly awful game design. You can't even interrupt the flies because their normal attacks do it too and it makes it impossible actually get any distance without save scumming.

I'd like a save to skip it because RNG grinding bullshit is way too bothersome a hassle in an H-game.
Hold Q to escape. I just ran from any bio-enemies to make it through the maze mainly. I think it's nice to have an RPG not be "kill everything that comes your way". Additionally, one of the resuscitation chambers in the main room works. It's on in the bottom left of the right half of the room. Use that to reset lust.

echidna

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Hold Q to escape. I just ran from any bio-enemies to make it through the maze mainly. I think it's nice to have an RPG not be "kill everything that comes your way". Additionally, one of the resuscitation chambers in the main room works. It's on in the bottom left of the right half of the room. Use that to reset lust.
Mmm, that solves one problem. Thank you.

analogman

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Can someone please explain where do i get an 20 amp fuse? or the night vision goggles? or something? in very stuck there for like..2 hours :\ or a save could help too... its getting frustrating

OP
Eromancer

Eromancer

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Hey guys!

We could still use more feedback on the survey I posted yesterday!

See the following post for details: http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=850468&postcount=1155

Can someone please explain where do i get an 20 amp fuse? or the night vision goggles? or something? in very stuck there for like..2 hours :\ or a save could help too... its getting frustrating
There's an NPC that gives you clues. More were added for the latest version. Which one are you playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.