What's new

ACT [Kyrieru] Kurovadis (RE093841)

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Kurovadis Demo

Best way to describe the gameplay would be viocide but replacing the vore with more sex, and better platforming. Or, Crimson Blue but shorter and more practical to make, with better gameplay.
Well, it's nice to know that you're doing something you want to do. Best of luck to this project. Also, just a little question, when you said you're replacing the vore with more sex, does that mean all the vore?

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Yep, I don't do vore. At least, nothing which would imply digestion or death. I might include one vore-ish enemy just to cover that base for fans of the genre, but even then it will still just involve sex.

Ayra

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

The gameplay in your games is pretty good, so for one I'm definitively willing to purchase a 'complete' game with your gameplay style, complete meaning a an acceptably long game for it's price point (For example, I wouldn't pay 20$ for a 15 minute game, but I would have happily paid 30$ for Nightmare Sphere without a second thought, quite possibly more).

To be entirely honest, with your gameplay style and a 2 months planned development time, I think I'd prefer a game with no H content (or minimal ala Nightmare Sphere). The gameplay is what counts for me, and making a ton of animations that only occur upon dying feels like an extremely costly use of development time. Plus, it's kind of contrary to gaming logic: If someone play the game in part to see the H-content, they are rewarded for "failing" instead of succeeding. If a developper finds himself/herself spending more time developping what happens when the player fail instead of developing what happens when a player succeed, then the game in general will suffer and you'll be left with a set of clunky h-scenes instead of an actual fun game.

It's just my opinion of course... I probably don't represent the majority of the potential customers :)

Edit: Actually, thinking of it I'm not sure of what I just wrote. While I'm still certain of what I enjoy, the most recent "blockbuster" that I recall offhand is Shinobi Girl which is one of the few buys I kinda regret making. It is a side-scroller, but the gameplay is merely functional and while there's occasionally tense moments and split-second decisions, on the whole it's definitively not complex, evolved or polished... The majority of the development time obviously went into the large quantity of h-animations, and the game was surprisingly a massive hit. I suppose there is incentive to succeed rather than fail (New stages = new monsters = new animations, plus the galery unlock at the end), but it's not exactly thrilling gameplay-wise. So I suppose that a platformer that's mostly focused on H content can actually succeed and sell well... But I still think that good gameplay fundation is more important in creating a lasting game than spending a ton of time on the H-stuff. At least, it's what I prefer playing for one!

Last edited:

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

H content interferes with gameplay when it's a secondary focus, unless it's GOR, since it can just be skipped.

However there's some kind of appeal to it occurring mid game. I don't know what it is, but even though it interferes with gameplay people seem to prefer it that way for some reason. (As do I)

However, no matter what I work on my priority will always be gameplay before H content. I'd much rather make a great game with okay H content than a shitty game with great H content. At that point it might as well not even be a game at all.

parjoala

Lurker
Reputation score

However, no matter what I work on my priority will always be gameplay before H content. I'd much rather make a great game with okay H content than a shitty game with great H content. At that point it might as well not even be a game at all.
I remember when I first stumbled upon NanoCrisis. I was like "Holy shit... this is fun even without the H!"

So thumbs up to you for this reply here!

Reputation score

I do have one bug to report. If, at the end of the last area, you jump to the top of the corridor and do a tumble, rather than go to the "End of Demo" screen, it instead brings you back to the beginning of the second area.

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yep, I don't do vore. At least, nothing which would imply digestion or death. I might include one vore-ish enemy just to cover that base for fans of the genre, but even then it will still just involve sex.
How about encasements? In slimes, jelly, all that stuff.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

I support this.

StiffSponge

Banned
Reputation score

Very good point.

The best hentai games I've ever known came from that very same perspective..

Toonpimp is a good example of one who does it the other way around.

But a good perspective is worthless without an equally formidable attention span, remember that..

StiffSponge

Banned
Reputation score

-From his blog-
I'll cut to the chase, I'm going to finish Kurovadis, and I'll be releasing it on DLsite, as well as selling it through paypal. (Or maybe not paypal, their rules are vague..)

Very good, very good indeed...

If I had money, I definitely wouldn't mind buying kurovadis when you sell it.

And I probably will feel guilty if/when I end up pirating it.. But that means someone DID buy it, and I hope a bunch of people do.

Last edited:

homelessfish

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Kyrieru I made a post in your blog in the "Continuing Kurovadis" post about why you should NOT devote yourself fulltime to making hentai games.

I know a lot of people will hate me for telling you this but I see you making a lot of the same mistakes I made when I was right out of art school.

I know what chassing a passion feels like, but unlike you I also know the consequences of blindlessly chassing a passion the has no clear future.

StiffSponge

Banned
Reputation score

Kyrieru I made a post in your blog in the "Continuing Kurovadis" post about why you should NOT devote yourself fulltime to making hentai games.

I know a lot of people will hate me for telling you this but I see you making a lot of the same mistakes I made when I was right out of art school.

I know what chassing a passion feels like, but unlike you I also know the consequences of blindlessly chassing a passion the has no clear future.
You are correct, making/selling hentai games is no way to make a future...

(Though I bet there are a few rich developers who'd like to say otherwise)

.... .... But I still hate you for saying it.. :p

Just let him finish this game, THEN he can spend the rest of his future "pursuing a better cause"...

StiffSponge

Banned
Reputation score

No new downloadable updates... Buuuuut~....

-From his blog-

Just as a quick update, here's a list of what I've done so far in Kurovadis.

-Implemented stats, leveling up, damage, etc.
-Added a basic status screen where you can view and upgrade your stats, as well as equip weapon mods you've acquired.
-Added weapon mods, which change your gun's shots and the attributes of your melee attacks. I've done two so far, but I think I'll do one more.
-Replaced player sprites with the newer ones.
-Added charge meter, which automatically charges when not using the gun. Allows you to fire charged shots, with a different one for each weapon mod.
-Made it so you can go into different rooms/backtrack, maintaining speed and control, unlike in the demo.
-Made controls remapping in an option screen.
-Added joystick support.
-Fixed a lot of the issues/glitches that were still around from the first 2 weeks of development. (Some of them were pretty ridiculous, such as the ability to jump in mid air forever)
As I suspected he's making it into a megaman-ish game, which is all kinds of epic, I'm glad to see the kurovadis train rolling fast as ever, and I can't wait for the release of zis game, legal or not..

He also seems to have timed himself which may speed up, but/or deal damage to overall progress and detail, but hopefully his beta-testing will pick out the more-noticeable flaws. (Ie. NOT ENOUGH MONSTERS! XD)

We're rootin' for ya, Kyrieru! :)

Last edited:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Hrm... I'm torn here, I'd actually support Kyrieru instead of pirating this. But I don't have a credit card, and I'm certainly not going to borrow someone's to buy an H-game.

Meoja

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'll most likely buy a copy of this game since I'm looking forward to it and I loved the demo hehe.

soulles

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

ehmm I couldnt find the download for this game, did he take it down??

I read something about paypall and DLsite or something...

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

It's not complete yet.

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

He was referring to the original demo, I'm assuming.

I took it down because ideally I'll release a demo of the full game within a week, so I figured the original one is going to do little more than give a false impression of what the game will be like and spoil some of the enemies.