What's new

ACT [ Ishigaki ] [ 石垣] Lover of mirror image RE181610 RJ181610

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Lover of mirror image (RJ181610)

Mind Flayer said this morning that he disabled it due to people complaining about it. I'll be sad if it's gone permanently, as all of the kind things people said to me in thanks when I shared my games or helped them out really helped to motivate me. Without it, I'll be lucky to see a couple of thank yous as hundreds of faceless individuals download my stuff. It's a shame that people are terrible enough to use the system for death threats and other completely awful, petty things.

As for this game, the gameplay is the definition of tedium for me, not to mention the main attack seems to be a little picky with when it'll hit. It also messed up during the first boss fight (got stuck on the cutscene where she's standing there, before you can move) and forced me to restart. Grr.

Last edited:

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Mindflayer said this morning that he disabled it due to people complaining about it. I'll be sad if it's gone permanently, as all of the kind things people said to me in thanks when I shared my games or helped them out really helped to motivate me. Without it, I'll be lucky to see a couple of thank yous as hundreds of faceless individuals download my stuff. It's a shame that people are terrible enough to use the system for death threats and other completely awful, petty things.

As for this game, the gameplay is the definition of tedium for me, not to mention the main attack seems to be a little picky with when it'll hit. It also messed up during the first boss fight (got stuck on the cutscene where she's standing there, before you can move) and forced me to restart. Grr.
Who's Mindflayer?

And yes, the main attack is very short ranged, I only use it when I'm up close to the girls. Otherwise I use the down arrow+attack to do an sliding attack. Fight style of the twins is really different when compared to swordgirl in the first game.

Wait, i just noticed that rep bar is gone. lol Is the mindflayer the admin guy with greenish hair avatar?

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Who's Mindflayer?
>Click "view forum leaders"
>Scroll past Moderators of forum sections.
>View Administrators of the forum
>See Mind Flayer

No, I'm not Mind Flayer, nor am I an administrator. I'm just the librarian of the H section. Flayer runs the day-to-day operations of the whole forum.

tabor

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Anyone got a rough translation of the options menu?
row 1 is obviously difficulty, i think row 2 might be keyboard,controller and row 3 might be futanari on,off (one boss fucks the girl mirror image with you) but this is just guesses based on the little hiragana I know or was able to scratch out into google translate. Row 4 unlocks when you beat the game, but I'm not sure what that is either, maybe an endless option or something

Also, the penultimate boss in this game is so good, makes you cum in the other girl's mouth by spanking you. I don't think I've ever encountered something like that before

szarala

Tentacle God
Reputation score

this (and their other game, to which this appears to be a direct sequel based on the characters) are among the ones I most want a translation for.. the story -seems- hot.

My Plan B of "actually learning Japanese" is going so slow..

faulken

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ok for those who can't start the game I discovered something.

When you unzip it with 7-zip, the file get weird name. Try to unpack it with winrar. For me that's work.

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Okay had a chance to play the game and my thoughts are that they needed more play testing time. I say this because sometimes when I jump onto enemy's head with no buffs or debuffs they capture me and I know that isn't meant to have happened as I jumped onto their heads previously and stunned them. Secondly the last two stages are very buggy with the last two boss fights and even the 2nd to last boss animations are bugged in gallery with the faces for the 4th or 5th part.
I even found the last boss fight just fustrating to do as the hearts staying and blocking your way hadn't appeared before and so I only knew to do hole attack to get past them but then the big heart wave comes and instantly get me. Then when I escape from heart wave I get instantly captured again as another wave was about miliseconds infront of me. I only managed to beat it due to using everything I saved up as the game is relativily easy except for the boss fights and mini ones.

Overall I am disapointed as to the work done since the demo espically as it doesn't really introduce moves and such until the actucal boss fights and even then it takes some time.

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

>Click "view forum leaders"
>Scroll past Moderators of forum sections.
>View Administrators of the forum
>See Mind Flayer

No, I'm not Mind Flayer, nor am I an administrator. I'm just the librarian of the H section. Flayer runs the day-to-day operations of the whole forum.
Ah I see, I only ever post and read stuff in the hentai games Subforum. No wonder why I didn't know who he is. <,< Come to think of it, its been years and I haven't looked in other subforums of this forum XD

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

I'm the Mind Flayer he was talking about, and yes I did turn the rep system off for the time being, because of various complaints. It may be turned back on at some point in the future, but not sure for now.

Now, onto the game. I've been having trouble getting the game's exe to open as well. It opens, and immediately crashes. Same with the gallery one as well. Loved their first game, and would like to try this one as well, cos I need to fap, dammit. >_<

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I see, thanks for introducing yourself to me XD

Did you guys use the zip or winrar to extract the game?
Cuz I used winrar and had no issues.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

I will admit, I didn't get it from DLsite. The version I got was not zipped or rared either one. It was just put straight into a folder of its own.

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Was it a torrent?

Its probably corrupted or something else. Or probably need to rename something in it.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

It was indeed a torrent. And everything seemed to be the right name. The main exe is named just "Lover of Mirror Image", the gallery one is named "Gallery", and the other one is "Lover of Mirror Image BGMなし"

I did try and take the Japanese characters off the end of the BGM one, and running the main exe, but no go for it, still crashed. I know it's not my anti-virus, and I've never really had trouble in the past with playing most of the games, whether I used Jap locale or not. It did come with the mplus-1c-medium truetype font file in the data, but I asked my brother and he said that shouldn't matter, that the exe should run it, if it's in the data folder. I can only figure that something was corrupted in the download, which sucks. :/

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Did your version have Lover of Mirror Image.exe ? cuz that's what I use to open the game. I haven't clicked on the BGM one yet.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Aye, like I said it has the Gallery, BGM, and then the main Lover of Mirror Image applications.

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Aye, like I said it has the Gallery, BGM, and then the main Lover of Mirror Image applications.
I'll pm you a link to my one which has worked for me but I have only opened the gallery and the Lover of Mirror Image.exe and yes I haven't wiped the save but to do that just delete the save.dat if I recall correctly.

Oh and btw I unziped using Zzip and reziped it using it too while in japanesse local data. As it is one of the games where it requires it self to be unziped and played while in japanese local data which I think switching out of japanese can break it.....but not sure.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

That's the odd thing though, I don't even use Jap locale, and was able to play the other game, just fine, just as I can quite a few other ones actually. With the other game, all I had to do was rename the folder it was in, to take out the Japanese characters and whatnot. I would think if it was the locale thing, then the game wouldn't even start at all, surely.

Edit: Plus, I was able to play the demo just fine too, for Lover of Mirror Image.

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score

That's the odd thing though, I don't even use Jap locale, and was able to play the other game, just fine, just as I can quite a few other ones actually. With the other game, all I had to do was rename the folder it was in, to take out the Japanese characters and whatnot. I would think if it was the locale thing, then the game wouldn't even start at all, surely.

Edit: Plus, I was able to play the demo just fine too, for Lover of Mirror Image.
I think I wasn't in japanese for the demo either, anyway I've sent the pm.

Also side note where could I watch for news on the rep system possibly returning or going permently?

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Huh, so odd that it wouldn't work now and whatnot. As for the rep system, just keep an eye on this thread here for updates on the matter.