What's new

Iris Quest (developed by Dahr and Xaljio)

kokotheworm

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Iris Quest (developed by Dahr and Xaljio)

Using the Skip button considerably lessen the tediousness of the fight , and so far the game is good for a demo, considerably shorter than other demo game there is out there but that's not really an issue.
I quickly found what I liked in PT , the blushing Iris and the quirk of her relationship with the Genie , thought to be honest there isn't that much to appreciate . Run into a crashing bug in the boss fight but other than that nothing . Hope the Violet chick will get some love sooner or later !!

Do you know if there is a Third dagger ? the Hints on the Patreon page seem to suggest there is .

loopy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Yeah, I discovered that skip works earlier. It makes it hard to tell what's happened, but at least it cuts out the tedium. They seem to have relied somewhat on secrets and diverging paths to provide replay value, so having the fights run more quickly in general would still be nice.

They included the Python files. They have to. You just have extract the archive and then decompress the .rpyc files. There's a script called unrpyc.py that'll do it.

You really can't tell what sort of game this is going to be from this demo, and I don't mean just "good" or "bad". I had the impression it was going to be an adventure game with some RPG elements, but right now it's looking like it's purely a VN where the story choices are concealed a bit. And instead of constantly doing reports for money, you just keep clicking "stab" while you wait for the good skills to cool down.

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Noticed on the mini-map : there's a room behind the closed door the thief-dude wants a blowjob to open. Probably the 2nd secret. Dunno how to open it though.
And lol @ Iris vs Captain when you get "pirate friends".

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Double cause major breakthrough : Some dude PM'd me with a screenshot to find the 3rd knife/2nd secret so here it is

loopy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

That's well-hidden. And here I thought I clicked on every square millimeter that could contain a hot-spot.

demon418

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Anyone find out how to get the Iris sex scene that's in the achievements?

Gyron

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I think it's just there for the description joke.

maddogrd

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

How do you get the iris achievement

Last edited:

Vance

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Where is the Skip button?

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Or you can go in settings and put it on "always on"

MajorKagami

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Genies, Pirates, and Lesbians oh-my!
well its a interesting game but it could go ether way still. love the art work some good detail put into those cocks not use to seeing un-blurred cocks.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Interestingly, some of the attacks have alternate animations - I got the titanic crashing down once.

loopy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

That's the point of Genie's one attack, and what makes it sort of like RPG roulette. You can bet on black and get an almost guaranteed 20 damage on one enemy with his punch, or you can use his magic attack and get anywhere from 10 (or is it 0 for the rubber ducky?) on one enemy up to around 200 on all of them.
The ones I remember are Rubber Ducky (0 or 10 damage, but I think a guaranteed one-round stun), dropping a sink (100 or 150 to a single enemy, possible stun), a safe (same), the Titanic (150ish to all, possible stun), and the Atom Bomb (200ish to all, possible stun).

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Dat new male Iris sketch Dahr posted is all kinds of creepy ....

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That's the point of Genie's one attack, and what makes it sort of like RPG roulette. You can bet on black and get an almost guaranteed 20 damage on one enemy with his punch, or you can use his magic attack and get anywhere from 10 (or is it 0 for the rubber ducky?) on one enemy up to around 200 on all of them.
The ones I remember are Rubber Ducky (0 or 10 damage, but I think a guaranteed one-round stun), dropping a sink (100 or 150 to a single enemy, possible stun), a safe (same), the Titanic (150ish to all, possible stun), and the Atom Bomb (200ish to all, possible stun).
Ah, I didn't know it was that random, I only thought it crit'ed sometimes.

loopy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Dat new male Iris sketch Dahr posted is all kinds of creepy ....
Ick. I'm sort of glad he convinced me to stop supporting him, so that didn't pop up in my e-mail.