What's new

Iris Quest (developed by Dahr and Xaljio)

jaredh72

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Iris Quest (developed by Dahr and Xaljio)

@ Yummy, like what do you know about making h-games ????? OH SNAP :D
Aside from the fact that she's currently making a h-game (and one that looks to be like it's going to be a very good game at that)?

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Aside from the fact that she's currently making a h-game (and one that looks to be like it's going to be a very good game at that)?
I believe he was just kidding, hence the :D face. Additionally, I'm a he.

Back to the purpose of this thread. I'm quite looking forward to seeing what these two do with Iris Quest. The little reveal video was exciting. Also, I think Dahr's humor is right in line with mine, so I have high hopes that the dialogue will be fun as well. Let's hope they meet the next release date ;)

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yes, that was sarcasm ........ Since Yummy is the closest and only h-game maker we have around, it's always fun to throw stuff at him when he comments on others works.
And sarcasm is hard to write on the internet, you either get it or you don't, the whole point is gone if I have to explain it.

loopy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Demo's out.

The battle system is kind of like molasses; they cut all the story out aside from some vague hints I guess; don't ever run from battle because it drops you back to the title screen; and it's a good thing they spent time balancing because I can only imagine how silly the enemies were if they had to be nerfed.

So far there's not much in it to review, let alone to be excited about. I got to one battle where the enemies kept stacking debuffs on me and buffs on each other and then their attacks would do two-thirds+ damage on me, while "strength" is apparently the only gauge of potency because Genie's heals would only restore a quarter of an HP bar while debuffed. I was basically dead, so I figured I'd run and see if I missed anything, and straight back to the title screen.

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Not bad for a demo, although the battles do seem tedious at best. Hopefully, they'll tweak them with feedback. Anyone got pirate friend achievement and/or found the secrets ?

Not secret but the things Genie can drop made me laugh : naked girl riding an atomic bomb, wooden Titanic with Leo and Kate facediving enemies ..... Aside the normal crap.

loopy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Yeah, there's some promise. They have to pick up the pace on the battles, though. Right now, it's like the Opala games where it's practically unplayable unless you edit the game to speed it up, or use Cheat Engine to apply speedhack.

The only secret I know of from dumping the archive is that entering "little_party" as the password gets you a naked secretary. Other than that, I don't see anything in the files that points to a secret that's really worth looking for in a Hentai game. Maybe the Pirate Friend thing is what you get for trying diplomacy with the captain? Edit: It looks like that password gets you a few more things.

Last edited:

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

There's a clickable lever near the top of the blue tent in the NPC room, it'll open a secret room and achievement. Might need the password.

Now, what to do with scissors and thread (aside bug out) :confused:

froste

Reputation score

with the scissors:
select genie, then use them. alters Iris's outfit. you can alter the outfit a total of twice.

use thread to mend it back to original.

I am still trying to find out the second secret, befriend pirates and how to get Iris a good dicking.

AExMachina

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Too many downloads for the Google drive link to work any more - could somebody who has this put it on Mega or something, please? :)

cvonsuela85

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Too many downloads for the Google drive link to work any more - could somebody who has this put it on Mega or something, please? :)
Here ya go:

AExMachina

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Thanks! :D

Tastelesswhiskey

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

to get the befriend pirates, the battle with the rabid girl and the pirate swag (the living clothes)... all you have to do is beat pirate swag FIRST then win the fight.

Robski

Reputation score

Does anyone know what the second secret is, or how to get the achievment regarding iris?

froste

Reputation score

Dahr posted an extremely cryptic hint picture up on his patreon, i am still confused haha

deskchairlamp

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Can someone tell me where I can find scissors ?

dante15

Demon Girl
Reputation score

how do i get in the bandits hq or does is not possible in the demo

cristalguadi

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I found the scissors in a hidden room, it was below the first pirate encounter, where she blocks the right exit. it only seemed to appear before she's dead though, there's a naked pirate in the hidden room, beat her and she should drop some thread and the scissors, which are more like shears.

deskchairlamp

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Still cant find it =/. I found the thread in the secret entrance in the shop area, but cant find the secret switch for the shears...

loopy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

There's no switch, and I think you need to have entered the password I posted for that naked pirate to show up. Not sure about that, but there's just an exit south in the room with the first pirate you notice. There's no switch, and the exit isn't even concealed.

SHerring

Demon Girl
Reputation score

There is promise but I am missing "the game". It is replacing the tediousness of Akabur's chores with tediousness of fights. And it has VERY little story, something which Akabur always was good at.

But the art is nice, and the programming is well done (I only encountered one bug, which is that the game crashes when you try to use thread on naked Iris). I would actually be very interested to see the code for this game, because until now I only saw quite ugly code by lesser gods. But they were smart enough not to include the Python files (you'd think that Akabur, who doesn't like people changing his games, would have thought of that, but evidently not).