What's new

ACT Abandoned Ryona [Inui] Hounds of the Blade

ments

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Hounds of the Blade

Well that throws that out. I'm pretty much out of ideas. If I had a better understanding of the code maybe I'd have a better idea.

Maybe someone smarter than me will figure it out, or the dev will release a patch. But until then I guess I'll just (hopefully) look forward to seeing more content later.
There is some guide to fix missing dll, i really need more details why its popping up so you will have to figure out whats could be wrong by ur self ( )
or i would recommend to download missing dll as rar file ( ) there is instructions how to apply file
i will throw in take ownership regfile, it basically allows you to move or delete system protected files "For deleting" i gived to folder flashy icon, so don't be alarmed

Attachments

YllariusCroceus

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

There is some guide to fix missing dll, i really need more details why its popping up so you will have to figure out whats could be wrong by ur self ( )
or i would recommend to download missing dll as rar file ( ) there is instructions how to apply file
i will throw in take ownership regfile, it basically allows you to move or delete system protected files "For deleting" i gived to folder flashy icon, so don't be alarmed
I did this, it didn't fix it. It doesn't seem to be an audio issue, disabling sound doesn't work either.

herfmat

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Am I missing some context providing information as to what the new event entails? It's the guy in the alley right, Ryon Clinic?

Do I have to wait for the next translation to understand what this is all about?
I take it there's no new mission.

R

R752

I also have this problem with the "Unexpected error occured when running the game" error. I've tried everything from rolling back graphics drivers, running compatibility, changing system locale, reverting to a system restore point.

Can't figure it out. I have probably the last 8 updates and they all no longer work too. I thought it had to be on my end if all the older versions no longer worked, but now that other people are having this error I am very confused.

YllariusCroceus

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I also have this problem with the "Unexpected error occured when running the game" error. I've tried everything from rolling back graphics drivers, running compatibility, changing system locale, reverting to a system restore point.

Can't figure it out. I have probably the last 8 updates and they all no longer work too. I thought it had to be on my end if all the older versions no longer worked, but now that other people are having this error I am very confused.
Can you give me some info on your specs? I'm trying to find similarities, as I also have the issue.

I feel like it's got to either be a hardware issue, or a software issue. But I'm 90% sure last time I played it was on the same hardware.

I feel like it's got to do with a library, like a directx dll, .net framework ect. But I'm not really sure.

EDIT: I GOT IT TO WORK. Rebooting Windows 10 into safemode made it work, which is just...odd.
I can suggest it as a /workaround/, I still have no idea what the actual issue is.

Last edited:

DerPeter

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I installed the latest HotB update now, still getting the same error. I am using Win7 and an AMD graphics card, so this might be a lead, since my Win8.1 laptop, which is using an Nvidia card, can still start the game without error.

R

R752

Can you give me some info on your specs? I'm trying to find similarities, as I also have the issue.

I feel like it's got to either be a hardware issue, or a software issue. But I'm 90% sure last time I played it was on the same hardware.

I feel like it's got to do with a library, like a directx dll, .net framework ect. But I'm not really sure.

EDIT: I GOT IT TO WORK. Rebooting Windows 10 into safemode made it work, which is just...odd.
I can suggest it as a /workaround/, I still have no idea what the actual issue is.
I have windows 7 64 bit, AMD R9 295X2, i7 3700K. I might try and check my .dll's but my framework etc is all up to date.

I think it's a software issue, but I'm not sure how no version of HOTB suddenly doesn't work unless the game changed something when it started up.

I'll try the safe mode restart too. Might be able to find the offender through process of elimination if it works.

YllariusCroceus

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I have windows 7 64 bit, AMD R9 295X2, i7 3700K. I might try and check my .dll's but my framework etc is all up to date.

I think it's a software issue, but I'm not sure how no version of HOTB suddenly doesn't work unless the game changed something when it started up.

I'll try the safe mode restart too. Might be able to find the offender through process of elimination if it works.
It's not sound, I re-enabled sound (Which was a process in and off itself via regedit) and it still works. SO that's out.

We /DO/ both have AMD R9's. I have a 380 though. I'm running Win10 64bit.
So if I /had/ to guess it might be an issue with AMD cards?

DerPeter

Demon Girl
Reputation score

It's not sound, I re-enabled sound (Which was a process in and off itself via regedit) and it still works. SO that's out.

Seems like it. It'll probably be a problem with the drivers, as the game did start last year.

R

R752

I was messing around earlier rolling back drivers, and it didn't seem to fix it but I'll try it again tomorrow.

YllariusCroceus

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I was messing around earlier rolling back drivers, and it didn't seem to fix it but I'll try it again tomorrow.
Just uninstalled my gfx card via device manager, runs in normal windows now.

100% an issue with AMD cards.

DerPeter

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I've rolled back the drivers to 13.2, which worked for me.

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sigh, another reason on the pile to make me seriously consider nvidia for my next gpu.
I wonder if anyone at AMD ever dreamed that they'd lose future sales over possible compatibility issues with an H game. I haven't tried playing this on my system that currently has an RX 480 (I tend to keep these kind of things confined to my much-weaker laptop), so I can't comment on the problem, myself.

Last edited:
R

R752

I wonder if anyone at AMD ever dreamed that they'd lose future sales over possible compatibility issues with an H game. I haven't tried playing this on my system that currently has an RX 480 (I tend to keep these kind of things confined to my much-weaker laptop), so I can't comment on the problem, myself.
Haha, not specifically. I've mostly been considering Nvidia for my next gpu due to many other problems with their software. It's not all too uncommon a AAA game comes out and suddenly everyone with an AMD card are having problems.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Its almost like those games sponsored by nvidia are specifically written to run like shit on any card but an nvidia card.

sgtbilco

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

AMD makes great GPU's, and now finally a decent CPU. The problem here is that GameMaker (as an engine) is a steaming pile of shit.

saviliana

Sex Demon
Reputation score

AMD makes great GPU's, and now finally a decent CPU. The problem here is that GameMaker (as an engine) is a steaming pile of shit.
Game Maker isn't that bad, its just don't like to support AMD's shitty ram handler.