What's new

ACT Abandoned Ryona [Inui] Hounds of the Blade

xmanzero

Reputation score
Re: Hounds of the Blade

Translation patch breaks rescue failure scenes because they overwrite the trigger that hooks the rescue failure event. This gets mentioned every few pages.
Guess i missed that. Thanks

twistedknight

Reputation score

Cobolio hideout
Ziganians in tunnel
Walkers in Kito Lab

Translation patch breaks rescue failure scenes because they overwrite the trigger that hooks the rescue failure event. This gets mentioned every few pages.
do you think we will get a patch fixing that? the rescue events sound sweet

axellworld

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So for some reason the rescue fail animations don't trigger for me. I've set rescue to failure in option but it still goes normal. Should I start a new game and try again?
Had the translation pack installed and did't see the animation too, when tried to pass Kito lab for the first time (with all the dialogues). But when you beat all the monster and leaving Kito lab, you can try to pass the level again and then in resque fail mode you'll see the animation. Worked for me.

laek

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hello everyone, 2 things:

1. I translated the texts that were missing from Wessex's translation up to the newest update. I made a post about it on the translation thread, go check it out and download it if you want.

2. With that I also updated the walkthrough/scene-list with the Lab and Clinic stages. It is a simple .txt so use the search function of your text editor to find each fight and you will see a list of the scenes and how to trigger them.

Attachments

Netty

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Amazing walk through and translation :)

DustyX

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I've hit a bit of a snag, not sure how to address it.

Just finished wrecking Kito's lab and saving the bounty hunter. Sylvia advises I go talk to Fio to help the bounty hunter with her uhh "situation", but when I go talk to Fio I don't get to ask her about the clinic.

I just get told [Information] "Nothing new to tell you"
[Ask] "Did you come to see me?" "No, just here to ask about work"
[Simulation] -speaks for itself-
[Purification] "I don't need to be purified right now".

Sooo.. kinda at a dead-end here, despite Sylvie's earlier prompting. Not sure what do.. :c

EDIT: Ok so turns out I wasn't running the latest version of HotB.. must've been the second last update on account of I was still told to visit Fio regarding pregnancy, but I digress. I downloaded the latest version, re-applied the various things (ie: update on home site, wessex translation and even laek's addition) and now the text seems broken. On the laliaps map, it used to say Kito's Lab but now it is moon-speak, I talk to Fio and while it does (i assume) discuss the pregnancy, it is also moonspeak. Subsequent visits back to Kito's lab also play the cutscenes in untranslated form................... so I fixed one problem, but a new problem has emerged where there previously wasn't.

Oy vey~! -.-"

EDIT, EDIT: Figured out what the issue was, for some reason when I tried applying laek's translation, it was merging the folders but what I didn't realize till the 4-5th time of doing this and scratching my head wondering why it wasn't working is because there were no longer any files in the folders of said patch, I was just merging the blank folders with the game ones.. not sure how/why that happened but since discovering this and responding accordingly (re-downloading the translation), the game is working fine and is now readable to me. Woo!

EDIT, EDIT, EDIT: Okay so everything works for the most part (talking 99% here), but when visiting the clinic with a bun in the oven, the doc doesn't even discuss cost (he did so in the initial interaction), just tells Aya to get into the chair for immediate treatment. After the operation, my $ is unchanged. Now.. on the whole, this wouldn't be a bad thing in an RPG, but for a game such as this, I can't lose money to see the hidden (?) H-Scene because this doc decided that despite all the talk of how crummy his work space is and how much he needs to fleece humans, Aya apparently gets free servicing now. Do'h!

Last edited:

laek

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

...but when visiting the clinic with a bun in the oven, the doc doesn't even discuss cost (he did so in the initial interaction)...
I'm using the lastest version and just tested, the money was correctly deducted from 13600 to 10600. As soon as you confirm the treatment and after the game loads to the screen where Aya is on the operationg table, the money was already lower by 3000. Maybe it is a bug from the saves you're using? I'll link a test save with Aya pregnant. Check the money on the menu and then select treatment. Oh and Ryon only really talks about the value the 1st time you meet him.

The game logic that handles this is located in: "HotB/story/a10/cure_Yes.gml". I'll attach this file, so open it with a text editor and compare it to yours, see the two instances of the value 3000, first the game check wheter or not you have 3000 or more. If you do, a few lines bellow, the game subtracts the 3000. This file is a game logic file and is not affected by the translation patches, so your bug must have been caused by something else.

Also, if you want you can alter this value to fit your purposes, just be careful to not alter other lines or you'll break things. Another simple solution you can do is to edit your savefiles and change the value in line 32, that is your amount of money. Each save has 4 parts, but you only need to do this on the first.

Attachments

El Fuerte

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Sooo . . . anything new so far? Any new Demo or new stuff? = o

DustyX

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm using the lastest version and just tested, the money was correctly deducted from 13600 to 10600. As soon as you confirm the treatment and after the game loads to the screen where Aya is on the operationg table, the money was already lower by 3000. Maybe it is a bug from the saves you're using? I'll link a test save with Aya pregnant. Check the money on the menu and then select treatment. Oh and Ryon only really talks about the value the 1st time you meet him.

The game logic that handles this is located in: "HotB/story/a10/cure_Yes.gml". I'll attach this file, so open it with a text editor and compare it to yours, see the two instances of the value 3000, first the game check wheter or not you have 3000 or more. If you do, a few lines bellow, the game subtracts the 3000. This file is a game logic file and is not affected by the translation patches, so your bug must have been caused by something else.

Also, if you want you can alter this value to fit your purposes, just be careful to not alter other lines or you'll break things. Another simple solution you can do is to edit your savefiles and change the value in line 32, that is your amount of money. Each save has 4 parts, but you only need to do this on the first.
Cheers for that, I was able to rob Aya blind (poor girl, she can't catch a break) and was able to watch the 'get treated, can't pay' H-scene which was a bit disappointing. Like, the premise was good (yay bondage!) but then it just.. ends.. and ye back to the game. I was left scratching my head for a moment thinking "Well... that happened", no 'finish', no aftermath scene. Most unfortunate.. :c

onurcanbela

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Don't mind me... Just sitting here waiting for more anal content for the game. :(

Kaaos

Demon Girl
Reputation score

New Sylvia-Failed-rescue-scene for the walker enemies in Kito's lab.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

i see a pregnant save file. does it have the birth bad end too like in nanocrasis? what is the thing that gets her pregnant. i was waiting for pregnancy / the dog enemy before i came back to this. looks like it's finally time.

Kaaos

Demon Girl
Reputation score

At the moment, the pregnancy feature is incomplete. Aya can get pregnant from the enemies in Kito's lab, that is, from Walkers and Golgoroths. As far as I can tell, impregnation is not guaranteed. You can check if it was successful by checking Aya's status screen (more precisely: the table with statistics about Aya's sexual encounters) before and after. If the pregnancy count has increased, Aya has gotten pregnant. Currently there are no visibile signs of pregnancy and no birth can be given. There's only an abortion sequence which can be accessed when Aya talks to Fio after she got impregnated. Fio will direct you to some shady doctor in the slums.
According to inui he's still working on completion and plans this for the next update.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

aww, well, it's a step in the right direction.

Kaaos

Demon Girl
Reputation score

HotB is now available on google drive. There should be no problem.

The basic translation is provided by Wessex and can be found here. This translation doesn't cover the latest updates, but laek provided an up-to-date translation patch which supplements Wessex' patch. It can be found here.

Most of your questions could have been solved by checking the last two pages or checking the first post. Please show a bit more effort!

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

About the Sylvia failure scene with the walker enemies, I'm getting script errors if I try to deliberately lose to them in the very first room I encounter them.

Does the scene trigger properly if players move further in but stop just before entering the lab proper?

Kaaos

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I rememeber getting script errors when Aya gets impregnated before she encounters Kito himself, i.e. before the Kito Lab stage is cleared. Is this relevant?
After clearing Kito Lab I never had problems in triggering the rescue scene on the second screen. Never bothered with the few enemies on the first screen.