What's new

ACT Abandoned Ryona [Inui] Hounds of the Blade

Nimrod

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Hounds of the Blade

Yeah it's really not. There could be easily half the dialogue cut out of this production and it would drastically improve the quality of it.
This makes no sense, how in the world would removing dialogue make this better?

If you don't want to read you can skip it, if you want context and enjoy characters interactions it increases the value.
A lot of people enjoy dialogue as a fetish in the form of netorare, humiliation, corruption, insults, or even humor.
Just cause you don't care doesn't make it meaningless or detract from the experience since you can easily skip it by holding a key.

As basic as the dialogue may seem, story and characters interactions are still the main draw of the game for me, and many others.

echidna

Sex Demon
Reputation score

You should probably mention that the translation breaks some of the newer stuff because it uses outdated scripts.
Yeah honestly I don't understand this one. It works perfectly fine for me and I didn't do anything fancy. Game just uses the jp text when it runs out of translated english.

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Because there's no skip all button so you sit there mashing the skip line button for five minutes and then the options pop right up while you're doing that and you accidentally hit the one that sends you all the way back to where you started and you have to go through all the menus and find the place you wanted to go to again and all the text you're skipping in the first place is mostly story and lore fluff that doesn't contribute to all that humiliation and corruption and stuff other people like so much.

szarala

Tentacle God
Reputation score

No, I agree, inui really could use a good editor. Sometimes, less IS more.

badtsu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I have a question based on my inexperience with programming. Is it possible to edit some files somewhere in this game so that more than one type of enemy can appear in a level? Like I could edit the Desert level so that flies, goblins, AND lizards all appear?

I did something similar with a much simpler game once just by editing some of the text files.
It actually is possible, I've done something like that before. You have to place all of the enemies into the correct folder(every stage has the enemies and the animations in their own separate folder, you have to decipher what folder is which stage), and then you have to modify the stage file to tell the game which of those enemies to spawn. However, as far as I could tell, you can't modify the game over scene you get after you give up, that seems to be tied to the stage.

vk479

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

so they did do a christmas update, whats new?

echidna

Sex Demon
Reputation score

so they did do a christmas update, whats new?
Pretty mediocre Sylvia rescue failure scene if you lose to the guys outside the lab after you clear it.

DarkShadow

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Yeah it's really not. There could be easily half the dialogue cut out of this production and it would drastically improve the quality of it.
THIS^^^. In all honesty I liked NanoCrisis more than Hounds Of The Blade. The simplicity of NanoCrisis is what made it great. It's a shame he stopped working it. Hounds Of The Blade is bogged down by way too much dialogue and (attempted) story related stuff before you get to the H-content. Every time I play Hounds I just feel like: "Ugh! Do I REALLY have to go through all that again just to see the H-stuff?" Don't get me wrong, some of the stuff in Hounds is great. But he really needs to cut down on the dialogue and story stuff.

DarkShadow

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

So, on the download page I see there are two links. Which one am I supposed to download?

echidna

Sex Demon
Reputation score

So, on the download page I see there are two links. Which one am I supposed to download?
Top one is the full game, second one is just the new content that you can paste into the last version you downloaded.

xmanzero

Reputation score

So for some reason the rescue fail animations don't trigger for me. I've set rescue to failure in option but it still goes normal. Should I start a new game and try again?

Nimrod

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Everytime you change something in the settings you then need to scroll down and click OK, otherwise it doesn't save your changes.

xmanzero

Reputation score

Everytime you change something in the settings you then need to scroll down and click OK, otherwise it doesn't save your changes.
I know that, but still nothing happens. Strangely, I do get the 3rd option on the fly stage but none of the failure animations.

textbook703

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Because there's no skip all button so you sit there mashing the skip line button for five minutes and then the options pop right up while you're doing that and you accidentally hit the one that sends you all the way back to where you started and you have to go through all the menus and find the place you wanted to go to again and all the text you're skipping in the first place is mostly story and lore fluff that doesn't contribute to all that humiliation and corruption and stuff other people like so much.
left ctrl is the super skip button. you just hold it down and it streaks through like five chat boxes per second. if you're just mashing Z or whatever, yeah it's gonna take forever.

Glyce

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I know that, but still nothing happens. Strangely, I do get the 3rd option on the fly stage but none of the failure animations.
Are you using the translation patch?

Sayathing11

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

There's currently 3 failure animations right? I only saw the cobolio hideout in the slums and the Walkers in the tunner, can anyone tell me what did I missed?
plz? ;_;

Glyce

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

There's currently 3 failure animations right? I only saw the cobolio hideout in the slums and the Walkers in the tunner, can anyone tell me what did I missed?
plz? ;_;
Cobolio hideout
Ziganians in tunnel
Walkers in Kito Lab

Translation patch breaks rescue failure scenes because they overwrite the trigger that hooks the rescue failure event. This gets mentioned every few pages.

Sayathing11

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Cobolio hideout
Ziganians in tunnel
Walkers in Kito Lab
Thanks dude, would rep but- u get it, thanks :3 ima get my sweet sweet sylvie animations, I like her more than aya, would really like to see more of her, I want to play as her someday too, hope inu implement that someday.