What's new

[Complete - Full] [ikebukuroDPC] The War Disorder Hexa (RJ222686)

thunderstorm12

Reputation score
Wednesday update, I've adjusted some scripts which should hopefully fix those pesky CTDs from last update.

Also, from what I can tell, Adelheid's campaign should now be complete, as well as most of her solo H-scenes!

From the looks of things, Gear's story should be next in the Common Events file.

The above attachments have been updated accordingly. Do let me know if you find any typos, errors, etc.
Let's keep it up!
Does Translation only work on v1.40 ?
I manage to get v1.41 but there is no 'Data' file to replace.

HFalx

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Does Translation only work on v1.40 ?
I manage to get v1.41 but there is no 'Data' file to replace.
You'll first need to extract the Data-folder out of the encrypted rgss2a-file with something like AllDecrypter (see this thread). Then you replace the Data-folder with the translation and delete/move/rename the rgss2a-file (important, otherwise the translation will just get ignored!).
Also, actually the opposite is true. Before I bought the game, I once translated the unpatched file (that I "found" somewhere) which caused certain scenes to crash. So having the most recent patch is definitely the most functional.

@OP:
Great job on the translation, as usual! I hope you'll continue to make good progress. Maybe the soldier campaigns will go even quicker, considering they tend to have less unique content.

PS: Is Adel's "For the Princess"-event (last in the 2nd row) properly translated? It still feels very much machine-translated, with text often not fitting, wrong pronouns etc.

Last edited:
OP
T

tsuj

Reputation score
PS: Is Adel's "For the Princess"-event (last in the 2nd row) properly translated? It still feels very much machine-translated, with text often not fitting, wrong pronouns etc.
I'm afraid group scenes (including Faye's and L'Arc's) are either on a different map, or somewhere later down in the Common Events file. We'll hopefully get there soon!

I've also noticed that I missed Maps 103-106, which are all involved in Adelheid's Good Ending event. Fortunately, those 3 maps aren't too heavy, and I should have them done and uploaded tonight!

HFalx

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I'm afraid group scenes (including Faye's and L'Arc's) are either on a different map, or somewhere later down in the Common Events file. We'll hopefully get there soon!

I've also noticed that I missed Maps 103-106, which are all involved in Adelheid's Good Ending event. Fortunately, those 3 maps aren't too heavy, and I should have them done and uploaded tonight!
Okay, that makes sense! Thanks for your good work!

uh my game doesnt have a data folder, how do i install the translation?
To quote myself from 2 posts further up:
You'll first need to extract the Data-folder out of the encrypted rgss2a-file with something like AllDecrypter (see this thread). Then you replace the Data-folder with the translation and delete/move/rename the rgss2a-file (important, otherwise the translation will just get ignored!).

Balkoth

Reputation score

Alright some "bad?" news here. I contacted the Dev (don't ask me how) and I asked about two bugs. First the Gutrun boat bug which jkh115 and me encountered and the fact that some abilities are not working correctly? I think. Meteor Sword (the one that costs 18 mp) should hit everyone twice, but only hits once. Same with a lot of other abilities (especially Soria's 44mp which shreds Gaspard). He said that the boat bug is known and should be fixes in 1.41 and the ability bug is not a thing. Soooo, is it the translation? Just wanted to inform you on that. I've played 1.00 (without translation) and the abilities worked fine. Could you look into that? I know you already have a lot of work to do. Sorry if this sounds inconvenient. Hope you are well.

OP
T

tsuj

Reputation score
Alright some "bad?" news here. I contacted the Dev (don't ask me how) and I asked about two bugs. First the Gutrun boat bug which jkh115 and me encountered and the fact that some abilities are not working correctly? I think. Meteor Sword (the one that costs 18 mp) should hit everyone twice, but only hits once. Same with a lot of other abilities (especially Soria's 44mp which shreds Gaspard). He said that the boat bug is known and should be fixes in 1.41 and the ability bug is not a thing. Soooo, is it the translation? Just wanted to inform you on that. I've played 1.00 (without translation) and the abilities worked fine. Could you look into that? I know you already have a lot of work to do. Sorry if this sounds inconvenient. Hope you are well.
Hm, my best guess would be there's an extra space or something in the Scripts file that's causing the issue, but to be honest that's beyond me.

Just in case, I did a quick skim of the file and closed any spaces I found didn't belong, but not sure if that helps or not.

Right now I'm test-playing Leda and Gear's stories as I work through their translations, but will keep you posted when I get to Ingo's!

Balkoth

Reputation score
Alright, I did some playtesting without the translation and well... it's most likely the translation that causes these issues. I got the newest "Data" folder which you provided and the bugs continue. I am sorry to be the bringer of bad news here. Hope there is something I can do to help you maybe. Would make it even. As always, I hope you are well and not overdoing it.

jkh115

Reputation score
Is the translation still being done or has it been abandoned, just wondering

laven kaser

Reputation score
I found the a bug when applying this eng patch the hit depended skill got affected like there is 5 hit attack skill but it only hit enemy once

OP
T

tsuj

Reputation score
I found the a bug when applying this eng patch the hit depended skill got affected like there is 5 hit attack skill but it only hit enemy once
Back again with a new computer!
Unfortunately, this bug is beyond my skills, so if anyone knows a fix, that would be greatly appreciated.

For now, the latest updates include:
  • Map 44
  • Map 122
  • Map 188
  • Map 191
  • Common Events 5,731-5,850
I've updated the posts on the first page accordingly.

Slowly keeping at it!

hilih

Reputation score
Unfortunately, this bug is beyond my skills, so if anyone knows a fix, that would be greatly appreciated.
Skills, items, etc have a note field, which is often used to specify some information to be used by game scripts.
In this screenshot "<敵ランダム:5>" (5 hits skill):
敵ランダム is a modification code
5 is the modification value.
1676678487662.png

Game script "スキル対象拡張 Ver1.05" is used to parse note text and apply those modifications.
1676679240036.png

There are two to solve this:
- remove translation / restore original text for this script (looks like those texts are not displayed in-game, so it is the best way)
- translate skill notes with the same text as in the script (looks like some other lines in this script were also translated with unnecessary spacing added so it may not work)

OP
T

tsuj

Reputation score
Skills, items, etc have a note field, which is often used to specify some information to be used by game scripts.
In this screenshot "<敵ランダム:5>" (5 hits skill):
敵ランダム is a modification code
5 is the modification value.
View attachment 46954

Game script "スキル対象拡張 Ver1.05" is used to parse note text and apply those modifications.
View attachment 46955

There are two to solve this:
- remove translation / restore original text for this script (looks like those texts are not displayed in-game, so it is the best way)
- translate skill notes with the same text as in the script (looks like some other lines in this script were also translated with unnecessary spacing added so it may not work)
Hm, I've tried removing some translations from the "invisible" scripts, but no luck so far on fixing things.

Can I ask what program you're using in the above screenshots?

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Hm, I've tried removing some translations from the "invisible" scripts, but no luck so far on fixing things.

That appears to be RPGMaker. Given the game is made in VX Ace, I'd assume it's the same for RPGMaker as well.

I'd agree, it looks best to remove the translation for the scripts file. Since you didn't know the editor for the game (RPGM), I'm assuming you're using T++ or some sort of translation tool. Would strongly suggest not messing with the Scripts file, especially in older RPGM games, if you don't know what you're doing. Newer versions of T++ will auto-tag most of the problematic lines for you to avoid accidentally translating and creating errors yourself though.

hilih

Reputation score

RPGMaker VX.
Exact RPGMaker versions can be detected by the game.exe icon, an extension of files in the Data folder.
RPGMaker XP: rxdata.
RPGMaker VX: rvdata.
RPGMaker VX Ace: rvdata2.
RPGMaker MV and RPGMaker MZ: json (they can be distinguished by folder structure).
They can be bought very cheaply on steam sales.

If you using RPGMakerTrans then just leave lines for context "Scripts/スキル対象拡張 Ver1.05/...." untranslated (or copy-paste the original text).
Not sure about how script names are displayed in other tools.
1676726598171.png

OP
T

tsuj

Reputation score
That appears to be RPGMaker. Given the game is made in VX Ace, I'd assume it's the same for RPGMaker as well.

I'd agree, it looks best to remove the translation for the scripts file. Since you didn't know the editor for the game (RPGM), I'm assuming you're using T++ or some sort of translation tool. Would strongly suggest not messing with the Scripts file, especially in older RPGM games, if you don't know what you're doing. Newer versions of T++ will auto-tag most of the problematic lines for you to avoid accidentally translating and creating errors yourself though.
T+++ 4.3.31 to be exact.

ALSO! I think I got it working! I'll upload the updated patch later this week so everyone else can test it out.

Before that, I want to get through a couple more scenes in Common Events, as well as several more maps.

OP
T

tsuj

Reputation score
New patch with the multiple hits bug hopefully fixed! Just keep in mind that if you OHKO an enemy, the multiple hits won't register (this confused me a bit).

Also translated in this update:
  • Map 45
  • Map 48
  • Map 53
  • Map 60-61
  • Map 65
  • Map 71-72
  • Map 74-76
  • Map 80
  • Map 82
  • Map 94
  • Map 206
  • Map 212
  • Common Evens 5,731-5,952
  • Common Events 13,162-13,300
With that, I think Leda's story is now almost done. We'll see where the week takes us!

laven kaser

Reputation score
New patch with the multiple hits bug hopefully fixed! Just keep in mind that if you OHKO an enemy, the multiple hits won't register (this confused me a bit).

Also translated in this update:
  • Map 45
  • Map 48
  • Map 53
  • Map 60-61
  • Map 65
  • Map 71-72
  • Map 74-76
  • Map 80
  • Map 82
  • Map 94
  • Map 206
  • Map 212
  • Common Evens 5,731-5,952
  • Common Events 13,162-13,300
With that, I think Leda's story is now almost done. We'll see where the week takes us!
Your mediafire file is blocked, have any other link?