What's new

[Complete - Full] [ikebukuroDPC] The War Disorder Hexa (RJ222686)

tsuj

Reputation score
Original thread: Here
Dlsite:

This game is great, but dang is it huge.
I've used Translator++ to provide a base for translating the game, and have started going through line by line to correct and revise each translation so that it properly fits the context of the game.

Needless to say this will take some time, and fair warning I am an amateur when it comes to translating from Japanese.

Attached is what I have so far, I dare say it's about 40% completed into proper English, but a lot of it is still using Google as a placeholder.
Ver. 1.4 of the game is required.

(On that note, I've found an interesting colloquial that I can't wrap my head around. カッコウ, literally translating to cuckoo--From context I'm assuming this means something or someone foolish or simple, but if anyone can help provide a more accurate translation, that would be greatly appreciated!)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
May 1st, 2023:

With this patch, the translation for this game is finally complete!

Well, I say that, but there's probably still some bugs, overflow, and text blocking that can be adjusted in the future.

For now, thanks for coming along for the ride, and do enjoy!

New patch now in Mega due to new forum limits.

Last edited:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
(On that note, I've found an interesting colloquial that I can't wrap my head around. カッコウ, literally translating to cuckoo--From context I'm assuming this means something or someone foolish or simple, but if anyone can help provide a more accurate translation, that would be greatly appreciated!)
In English it's used, when not in direct reference to the species of bird would be a way of saying something or someone is mentally unstable . Of course Cuckoo is the of the word Cuck, owing to several species of the family being brood parasites, so maybe it's NTR related?

OP
T

tsuj

Reputation score
Hmm... It seems to be used in place of a noun or adjective depending on the context.
Here's an example:
 このカッコウで関所で降ろしてもらってどうする…!?
 結局、村か町まで歩かなくては…!
Opening post updated with a couple thousand more lines translated!

...There are over 15,000 lines in the common events file alone. Let's take our time!

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
In English it's used, when not in direct reference to the species of bird would be a way of saying something or someone is mentally unstable . Of course Cuckoo is the of the word Cuck, owing to several species of the family being brood parasites, so maybe it's NTR related?
Interesting. I was unaware of the etymology - tracing back to the XIVth century:
So the cuckoo'ed husband would rear some parasite's child as his own? Makes much more sense than these NTR definitions from people who never opened a book in their life...
Here's an example:
Well, you can't do this. Japanese is heavily context-dependent. You need to answer the if you're hoping for any kind of serious help. At this point you're probably well-aware of that annoying fact. Japanese speech gimmicks don't help either.
I know for a fact that (not always derogatory) birds' names are given to old lesson-giving males in Japanese...

Go with what interpretation fits best in your own eyes, and stick with it. It's hard to consult with the dev directly, after all.

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Ah, depending on context, I could imagine it being an English colloquial for "Cuckoo", as in a "dumb person", as you're thinking.
The other guess I've got is that it could be "Cuckold", so if it's a male figure in question, then perhaps that person is getting cucked, as in cheated on by an unfaithful partner.
Fun fact, both etymologies of the words originate from the cuckoo bird.

Also, good luck translating this! I was gonna do it myself since the game looks excellent, but I'm working on another project.
Plus the text length seemed to be ridiculously long when I opened it in Translator++, lol.

OP
T

tsuj

Reputation score
Ah, depending on context, I could imagine it being an English colloquial for "Cuckoo", as in a "dumb person", as you're thinking.
The other guess I've got is that it could be "Cuckold", so if it's a male figure in question, then perhaps that person is getting cucked, as in cheated on by an unfaithful partner.
Fun fact, both etymologies of the words originate from the cuckoo bird.

Also, good luck translating this! I was gonna do it myself since the game looks excellent, but I'm working on another project.
Plus the text length seemed to be ridiculously long when I opened it in Translator++, lol.
Thank you for the support!

The fact that this game has 6 different routes, each with 3 endings respectively.... DPC really put a lot of work into making this game!

Opening post again updated with about 1,500 additional translated lines!

(I won't say no to any help by the way, ahahaha....)

OP
T

tsuj

Reputation score
I actually had the same idea and had begun working on it myself. If you don't mind posting a copy of the translator++ work file I'd love to contribute.
Gladly attached!

For reference, I've already gone through the following files :
(though please do feel welcome to correct or touch on any of my translations)
  • Maps 1-273 (ALL MAPS DONE YAY)
  • States
  • Systems
  • Troops
  • Scripts
  • Common Events (DONE!)
I'll take another swing at the Common Events file later tonight.

Regards!

May 1, 2023:
Translation finally complete!
As of now, all that's left is to catch any bugs, overflow, and text aesthetics!
Otherwise, enjoy!

The forum can't seem to accept these new file sizes, so I'll upload the translation file to Mega from here.

Last edited:

Ghotty

Demon Girl
Reputation score
This is a classic and one hell of an undertaking, godspeed.

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Thank you for the support!

The fact that this game has 6 different routes, each with 3 endings respectively.... DPC really put a lot of work into making this game!

Opening post again updated with about 1,500 additional translated lines!

(I won't say no to any help by the way, ahahaha....)
Haha, I'm working on another translation project right now and enjoying it greatly (and also prefer to work alone).
However, my main goal is to get out translations to the public even if they're not my own personal project, so if I finish mine before you do, I can check back in and try my best to assist you.
Is there anything in particular you need help on?

sswwwwss

Reputation score
Hmm... It seems to be used in place of a noun or adjective depending on the context.
Here's an example:

Opening post updated with a couple thousand more lines translated!

...There are over 15,000 lines in the common events file alone. Let's take our time!
Maybe DeepL can help you. at least it translate this as
"What am I going to do if I have to get dropped off at a gate in this condition?
After all, we'll have to walk to the village or town. "
Sometime jp use entire word as katakana or hiragana which can read the same as kanji.
in this case, i think カッコウ is 格好 which mean
1. shape; form; figure; posture; pose
2. appearance
3. state; situation
or some word which read as (Kakkou , かっこう) , maybe you need to use this site " " to search the word.
sorry for poor english. i hope this can help.

OP
T

tsuj

Reputation score
Haha, I'm working on another translation project right now and enjoying it greatly (and also prefer to work alone).
However, my main goal is to get out translations to the public even if they're not my own personal project, so if I finish mine before you do, I can check back in and try my best to assist you.
Is there anything in particular you need help on?
Nothing specifically for the moment, thank you! For the moment let's just take things one line at a time!

No update worth mentioning just yet, but let's keep at it!!

Edit: Here's another interesting use of the Cuckoo, this time in reference to the woman's uniform:
「カッコウからしたら、そうだったぜ。

Last edited:

sswwwwss

Reputation score
according to my google skill, からしたら is a form of grammar " Noun + からしたら ".
from this site
ある事柄から評価・判断するときに用いる文法です。This grammar is used to evaluate and judge a certain matter.
Example: 喫煙者の私からしたら、街中であちこち禁煙になってつらい。 translate as "For me, as a smoker, it's hard when smoking is banned everywhere in the city."

からしたら = judging from; considering; by the look of

i can't say for sure about カッコウ is 格好 but now you say this time it reference to the woman's uniform, so I strongly believe that it is. at least that make sense to me.(even just 2 ex.)

カッコウからしたら、そうだったぜ。 maybe it means " For that look of yours, そうだったぜ"
i don't know about context but i guess he comment about her appearance that she was that(bitch) else he guessed what happened to her from her appearance.
because ぜ = Male term or language, at sentence end; used to make a sentence threatening or ironic.
or Male term or language, Familiar language, used at sentence end; adds light force or emphasis to a sentence
well, maybe they are all wrong lol.

sorry again for poor english.

OP
T

tsuj

Reputation score
So it looks like I actually misread the Common Events File, and there are a total of 16,344 lines as opposed to the 15k I had seen earlier!

I'm still chipping away, and I've updated the above posts with my latest progress.

I've also noticed that some of my translations had gone over the textbox size limit, and have gone back to edit and even skimp on some language in order to get the words to fit.

Let's keep at it!

OP
T

tsuj

Reputation score
I hope everyone's been having a great weekend and staying safe!

With this update, I'm proud to say that Faye's story is now 99% complete! (I say 99 because I'm sure I've overlooked some small maps and typos here and there)

The above posts have been updated accordingly with the latest progress in translation files! Enjoy!

PS. Version 1.41 has been released on DLsite, some bugs being fixed like Faye's exhaustion status being incorrectly shown.
Be sure to pick it up if you haven't yet already!

Edit: Oh dear, so going through a testrun, I realized a lot of mistakes needed fixing.
Files have been updated again, and hopefully now Faye's story should play smoothly!
If anyone else notices anything off in her story specifically, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Up next, Adelheid!

Last edited:

gavincreeper

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Offtopic Discussion - Game discussion in Translation section
Wanted to say thank you for the work. Been wanting to play this and while most of it is still very rough, it's understandable enough to know what to do in the game and know the story.
If you want help with proof-reading and testing I'm more than happy to help!

Though, since the main thread is closed, I don't know where else to ask and since you have access to the files hoping you might help:
Kinda stuck on the unicorn side quest. I dropped the gloves on Gear's story, picked it up and sold it on Ingo's, and searched the Fort as Borde, and now I'm stuck. Any help?

OP
T

tsuj

Reputation score
Offtopic Discussion - Game discussion in Translation section
According to the guide, the unicorn spans all 6 stories, and should be findable in Faye's quest. I've translated some of her interactions with it already, but as to how to actually find it...

Supposedly, the information should be in the Royal Library!

Life has been a bit busy here as of late, but I'll post a new update as soon as I have one!

Balkoth

Reputation score
Hey man, how's the translation going? If I can help with anything just let me know.

OP
T

tsuj

Reputation score
Hey man, how's the translation going? If I can help with anything just let me know.
Still quite a ways to go I'm afraid! I've been burning out a little bit too, but we'll keep at it as long as we can!
Updating the above posts with the additional maps:

-Map 24
-Map 54
-Map 105
-Map 118
-Map 151
-Map 187
-Map 210
-Map 262
-Map 264
-Map 271

Meanwhile in the large Common Events file, a couple more Adelheid scenes have been done!
(However one is crashing whenever replayed for some reason, so I have to figure that out later on).

Balkoth

Reputation score
Yeah, burnout is one of the worst things for anything really. Keep your head cool and know your limits. I really appreciate your work. Thanks, and good luck!

OP
T

tsuj

Reputation score
Wednesday update, I've adjusted some scripts which should hopefully fix those pesky CTDs from last update.

Also, from what I can tell, Adelheid's campaign should now be complete, as well as most of her solo H-scenes!

From the looks of things, Gear's story should be next in the Common Events file.

The above attachments have been updated accordingly. Do let me know if you find any typos, errors, etc.
Let's keep it up!