RPG Maker HRPG Heaven X-Mas Gift

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllenAndArth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: HRPG Heaven X-Mas Gift

people still bouncing up this thing?:confused:
for those that wanted to know what happened was, the guys in HRPG Heaven posted translated games as a xmas gift for us and for whatever nonsense reason some people got mad because their forum is paid(hey, nothing wrong there, translation is a job, if they wanted to make a payed forum...it's their right...they do put a lot of work in it, translating isn't easy.) so yeah...that was it...can't blame them for not wanting to give us a gift this year after what happened last year...

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The complainers weren't exactly wrong though. What Starke is doing/did does "steal" translators, split the community, and decrease access to content. You can chalk it up to "entitlement" (and most of the complaints do indeed reek of entitlement) but they're still facts, facts that most people aren't exactly happy about even if they don't blame translators for doing what they're doing.

I don't don't sympathize too much with translators who complain about receiving too much requests, as it comes with the territory. You can ignore whatever you want, sure it might make you look like an ass to those who don't understand (as is the case with celebrities ignoring fans) but this should be expected if you know your work is gonna be used by a lot of people.
Well, it may split the community to open up a new forum, but again, just opening a forum does not make it popular. It's apparent from what I've read that there were a number of translators who were tired of things and chose to leave and join a different forum. That is their right, they should not be obligated to stay here. Additionally, there are still a number of people who frequent both forums.

I'm not sure that the issue is just translators complaining about "too many requests." Instead it is things like getting threatening or rude messages, especially when one would miss a "release estimate." Or, seeing others take your translation, modify it and take credit.

Translators,editors, etc can charge whatever they want for their work, if it weren't for the fact that they're charging for illegal activity, I wouldn't have any issues at all. However, it does make me a little sad; I'm one of those who pirate my H-games (which I sure accounts for the far majority of people here) and I would much rather start paying for the game itself first before paying for the translations.
There is nothing illegal about setting up a paid forum. You're paying for access to the forum, not for specific translations. Just as there is nothing illegal with taking donations from people pleased with your translation. It becomes illegal if you share that translation in a way the violates the copyright of the original work, but using Habisain's tool, you can create a patch that still requires you to obtain the game in some other fashion.

I can see the view that you'd rather pay for the game itself, and can respect that. But, work is work, and in my view, translation work is still worthy of donations.

In the end though, nobody is forcing anyone to do anything. If those translators left and joined a different forum, they did so of their own volition. To place the blame on any one person is to ignore the real reason they left in the first place.

I'm an optimistic person who generally sees the positive in things. I've made friends on this forum and have been humbled by the level of support I've received. But, in my effort to create and release a FREE game, I've gotten plenty of exceedingly rude messages and had more than one person blatantly attack my work. I can see how that would get under someone's skin and could cause them to just say, "Fuck it," and leave--which is sad.

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I haven't really been paying any attention to the falling out either but if it's in any way related to how things have been going with both the MnF and Klub 17 community here, I'd say the main reason all this happens is probably related to flattery and arrogance. At the time when these things were very popular, you would see a bunch of lurkers and one time users popping up out of the wood work to beg and worship the community for new content and those who were/are deeply involved with these projects may have let their egos get the best of them and got a little cocky with their responses.

When the content stops coming in for free or not quick enough, some people obviously want to get an attitude about it. However, while putting content (especially if they're sharing pirated works but that's something copyright holders really have to worry about themselves) behind a paywall is one thing, being conceited is another and I'm also assuming some of the forum regulars don't take too kindly to people who see themselves as high and mighty and I kinda agree with that as it turns some people into assholes, if Starke is guilty of this, he probably had it coming to him. Still, I wouldn't go so far as to chase people out of the forum for this kind of thing, especially if they still offer to share it.

You also have to consider those who are just here to troll anyways, I know 4chan is very much aware of this site so I wouldn't be surprised if some come here just to screw shit up

Last edited:

meia

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i'm not terribly informed on whats goin' on but i'm goin' to have this post be dedicated to all the translators out there who put time and effort into translating games for their communities. y'all are the real MVPs, bless

blobzerz

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Are you guys starting more drama? Should i make some popcorn :p?

yariel

Tentacle God
Reputation score

some translator ask for donation also some don't ... it's their "right" ...
anyone who want their translation then pay, if not, they just need to leave ...

I'm the free side, but I work all for my own wish and taste ...
- I won't translate average gameplay,
- If I don't like the genre / art I won't do it ...
- I work without solid schedule, might finish it in few days, or even next year, or even ditch it ... (I will mention if I ditch it tough so other might take it if they want to, and I won't get angry in case I haven't mention / progress for few month, it's free, and I don't get paid, so I have no right to claim whatever it is)
- I update PT in case the original translator don't want to continue it (of course my taste apply in here too)

^^ each translator have their own "rule" too, so don't make base on my review ^^

Ronin89

Banned
Reputation score

some translator ask for donation also some don't ... it's their "right" ...
anyone who want their translation then pay, if not, they just need to leave ...

I'm the free side, but I work all for my own wish and taste ...
- I won't translate average gameplay,
- If I don't like the genre / art I won't do it ...
- I work without solid schedule, might finish it in few days, or even next year, or even ditch it ... (I will mention if I ditch it tough so other might take it if they want to, and I won't get angry in case I haven't mention / progress for few month, it's free, and I don't get paid, so I have no right to claim whatever it is)
- I update PT in case the original translator don't want to continue it (of course my taste apply in here too)

^^ each translator have their own "rule" too, so don't make base on my review ^^
No offense but your English is even worse than mine and your translation is probably on the same level as google translate. Kinda makes the whole thing pointless doesn't it?
Such a post will only start another heated discussion :O
It's 2016 soon so just let this topic go will you? We won't be getting translations and that's it. Sad but w/e

amgwtfover

Lurker
Reputation score

When I saw this bumped thought there would be an xmas present from a kind person that people were excited about.

How disappointed I am to find an east side / west side debate just being necroed. :( sad christmas :(

miachan

Lurker
Reputation score

Except you can bet all the people on HRPG Heaven still come here to get their free stuff.

I don't mind donating to translators themselves, but Starke doesn't deserve a single red penny. All he did was split the community and come in here and stir up crap.

candyfloss

Sex Demon
Reputation score

No offense but your English is even worse than mine and your translation is probably on the same level as google translate. Kinda makes the whole thing pointless doesn't it?
I do remember yariel contributing to several games' partial translations before he could not go on this forum anymore for months.

I didn't try out any of his translation patches. But eh, it's voluntary effort put in into something that's meant to help others. Calling it pointless is pretty harsh.

Ronin89

Banned
Reputation score

Except you can bet all the people on HRPG Heaven still come here to get their free stuff.

I don't mind donating to translators themselves, but Starke doesn't deserve a single red penny. All he did was split the community and come in here and stir up crap.
Don't forget the shitload of money he made :p I don't have a real problem if he would give the 50 bucks to the translators and still release all the stuff but sadly he just keeps the mon33z and the translators are pissed at the rest of the leeching community. It's an ingenius idea though. Take all the top members of the community, build a new one with only contributing members and charge the leechers 50 bucks. If that money would go the translators it would have been a real revolution and something amazing for this community. I'm just wondering why their Game which looks awesome is getting so much contribution from this board? ;) No1 seems to be mad or jealous which is probably a good thing isn't it?

Anyway that community is still something special because noone shares their stuff and they have a tight bond. It's really suprising i have to admit. I thought sooner or later someone who paid 50 bucks just says: FUCK IT and uploads all of their stuff. But apparently the community really is THAT great.... guess you can't demand any more proof than that.

I am one of the leechers too i suppose so i can't and i won't complain.
I can't speak japanese so i can't contribute shit. :/
Honestly though i am fine with machine translations. Most games are perfectly playable like that ;) The whole "feel" is pretty nice too.

Last edited:

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

What you're doing right now is splitting the community. And you can bet your ass that people that are also on HRPG Heaven don't come here to get free stuff. There are tons of site that provide games that are released like 5manko, h4d, etc...

I don't know where you come up with this shit but get your facts straight before you talk.

Don't forget the shitload of money he made :p I don't have a real problem if he would give the 50 bucks to the translators and still release all the stuff but sadly he just keeps the mon33z and the translators are pissed at the rest of the leeching community. It's an ingenius idea though. Take all the top members of the community, build a new one with only contributing members and charge the leechers 50 bucks. If that money would go the translators it would have been a real revolution and something amazing for this community. I'm just wondering why their Game which looks awesome is getting so much contribution from this board? ;) No1 seems to be mad or jealous which is probably a good thing isn't it?

Anyway that community is still something special because noone shares their stuff and they have a tight bond. It's really suprising i have to admit. I thought sooner or later someone who paid 50 bucks just says: FUCK IT and uploads all of their stuff. But apparently the community really is great.... guess you can't demand any more proof than that.

I am one of the leechers too i suppose so i can't and i won't complain.
I can't speak japanese so i can't contribute shit. :/
Honestly though i am fine with machine translations. Most games are perfectly playable like that ;) The whole "feel" is pretty nice too.
Yea, he made so much money out of it.... He's a billionaire by now... Do you even know what the costs of upkeeping a server are? My guess is you don't have a clue, because you've never had one... Beside he bought all the games that were released and shared it on the forum until the money dried up. Again, you live in your little fantasy world and talk about something you have no clue and have no facts to back them up. Only thing you're doing is attacking him with baseless arguments.

I don't know why you're so toxic towards him, but thanks to you guys, I don't think I'll have visit this forum again. You just remained me why I even went to their forum in the first place.

Anyway good luck at keeping the "community" in "one piece".

asaness

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I thought Ulmf has rules on no necroing threads.....

anyway can we just drop this this thread purpose was those games provided no need to bash on it , I've been to the HRPG thread and im a lurker there but did starke made me pay 50$? ,No the because if you guys went there the 50$ is an Alternative ,

I got in because before ive know many people from Hongfire,Nihonomaru,and some from here who were my friends before that vouched for me, which is the First mentioned way on Joining there get someone to vouch for you or you have something that can prove that you wont just simply be a lurker (Developer of a game or translator)

I may have been a lurker but ive communicate most of the time Via Pms thus i manage to get recognition and their trust when i asked to join. So if ur mad that some of you cant join for free,its your fault , for not getting the necessary social Link/affection Level to make them Vouch for you

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I can guarantee you that in very, VERY rare occasions you get anything faster than us. Believe if you want.

I could also troll the hell out of this subject like I used to, ask you "if you didn't gibe me monais how cud I buy ma Lamborghini?!" but I won't, I'm past that, I have a game to release, a reputation to maintain and honestly I don't have the type of time necessary to start a mildly entertaining flame war so I'll leave at this.

You have ABSOLUTELY no idea of what you are talking about.

You have no clue if I give people money, you fail to realize that I actually did translations, and I actually wanted to share Christmas stuff on ULMF, but some of YOU being petty is what split the community and why translators don't want to release stuff here, I honestly respect their wishes, you called their bluff, people think they can push others around and they always have to be the better men, but even better men get fed up one day, and that's exactly what happened.

Also, notice how our forum is super fast, never down and doesn't have ADS? I have a cousin on google, that's totally the reason, not because we're paying for expensive servers.

Last edited:

Ronin89

Banned
Reputation score

What you're doing right now is splitting the community. And you can bet your ass that people that are also on HRPG Heaven don't come here to get free stuff. There are tons of site that provide games that are released like 5manko, h4d, etc...

I don't know where you come up with this shit but get your facts straight before you talk.

Yea, he made so much money out of it.... He's a billionaire by now... Do you even know what the costs of upkeeping a server are? My guess is you don't have a clue, because you've never had one... Beside he bought all the games that were released and shared it on the forum until the money dried up. Again, you live in your little fantasy world and talk about something you have no clue and have no facts to back them up. Only thing you're doing is attacking him with baseless arguments.

I don't know why you're so toxic towards him, but thanks to you guys, I don't think I'll have visit this forum again. You just remained me why I even went to their forum in the first place.

Anyway good luck at keeping the "community" in "one piece".
Well still thanks for your reputation. I'm gathering "red", the blood of the crybabys.
Server Upkeep is a fucking joke. Maybe it's 500 bucks a year (i think it's much less and i think you get at least 30-50 new members a year)
And if you seriously thought my comment "the shitload of money :p" was even 1 bit serious you are dumber than i thought. Maybe the obvious smiley should have been a hint....
I was perfectly neutral and 0% toxic, i even said much positive things about your forum didn't I?. If that comment seriously offended you then please do us all a favour and GTFO already and stop whining, threatening to leave.
I only stated my opinion and even defended you. My god what is it these days about you beeing offended so fucking fast. Seriously though you behave like a guilty man maybe that's why you see every single comment as a personal attack.

Oh why am i writing this.... you don't visit this forum anymore anyway ;) too bad.

*Edit :D Too frightened to argue face to face? Your arguments disguised as reputation are funny as hell please share them for your beloved "community"

Last edited:
OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well still thanks for your reputation. I'm gathering "red", the blood of the crybabys.
Server Upkeep is a fucking joke. Maybe it's 500 bucks a year (i think it's much less and i think you get at least 30-50 new members a year)

I was perfectly neutral and 0% toxic, i even said much positive things about your forum didn't I?. If that comment seriously offended you then please do us all a favour and GTFO already and stop whining, threatening to leave.

Oh why am i writing this.... you don't visit this forum anymore anyway ;) too bad.
Who's us? I'm sorry but I have to say this, you're EXACTLY the type of idiot that cost translations to this forum one year ago, you're being it this year.

Seriously, keep going, I'll be here next year for you guys to blame on as usual, with my Lamborghini.

Also, "server price is a joke" (when you have no idea how much it costs) and "you get 30~50 users a year" (when you clearly have no idea how many users join our forum, specially by paying) and then you say "I was being with the shitload of money comment". No you weren't.

You're being sulky, entitled and immature, you didn't get your games this year so you're throwing a tantrum, nothing of what you've said so far was an actual argument, it was based in personal opinions that I have no idea how you come up with, but you're so far from the actual truth it's fun to watch, there's nothing more amusing than ignorance being publicly advertised.

Last edited:

molitar

Lurker
Reputation score

Such a post will only start another heated discussion :O
It's 2016 soon so just let this topic go will you? We won't be getting translations and that's it. Sad but w/e
No what is sad seeing you diss someone like this because they are not English and do not speak or write perfect English. Now that is SAAAAD! We do not have that type of attitude at HRPG Heaven and the reason I hardly frequent these forums anymore. That is sad but true.

When you diss someone for not being an English speaker and not speaking perfect English that is nothing but being a troll! It is the few that ruin it for the many. Sad but true saying.

HRPG Heaven stands for being an actual community. We do not diss each other and pay our respects to the translators who provide us such wonderful gifts.. But we are active and friendly. We are an active community who respects each other and because it's small you can count many of them as friends.

I am really thankful for HRPG Heaven as I do not find flaming wars or trolls on the site and I can enjoy my visit there.

Ronin89

Banned
Reputation score

Who's us? I'm sorry but I have to say this, you're EXACTLY the type of idiot that cost translations to this forum one year ago, you're being it this year.

Seriously, keep going, I'll be here next year for you guys to blame on as usual, with my Lamborghini.

Also, "server price is a joke" (when you have no idea how much it costs) and "you get 30~50 users a year" (when you clearly have no idea how many users join our forum, specially by paying) and then you say "I was being with the shitload of money comment". No you weren't.

You're being sulky, entitled and immature, you didn't get your games this year so you're throwing a tantrum, nothing of what you've said so far was an actual argument, it was based in personal opinions that I have no idea how you come up with, but you're so far from the actual truth it's fun to watch, there's nothing more amusing than ignorance being publicly advertised.

Seriously you already said you won't share the translations. It's a done deal. The majority of the forum is done with you now don't you get that basic fact?
Now that you confirmed that fact do you expect people to be nice to you? ;) seriously time to go back to your forum and your personal patreon begger thread because that's all you are here for nowadays.

Since you suck any ballz for mon33z i am willing to give you even more advertisement ;)
I know you Starke.... even 4 years ago when you sucked Kitamarus balls and desperently wanted to be a part of despair labyrinth but got rejected, you were so fucking hilarious dude, not as hilarious as you look in real life though my ugly friend. Always made me smile. So fucking pitiful seeing your fanboy posts with your sweet Despair Labyrinth banner :)
Now that you build your own little game of course without creating something before and cashin in from the whole community you think you made it or what? Please man you are the funniest parasyte around :)

Expect some interesting news in the upcoming year. Merry Xmas & a happy new year and now fuck off will ya? kthxbai

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.