What's new

Hounds Of The Blade (old)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sigmazx

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Hounds Of The Blade

Hmm. I can't re-challenge the testers. I've finished the game as far as it can go though. Do I have to do it before finishing as far as it can go or am I missing something else?
I don't know. All I did was go to bed in the ship and talk to her.

OP
Deviancy

Deviancy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Whoever said the thing about resting and re-challenging the testers, he's right.

The same thing goes with the Cobolio's in the slums. You can fight them again and again and keep getting 500 dollars if you simply rest in the ship, or take off in the ship and then go back to the slums, or the simulator.

Meyi

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I thought for sure this was another piece of abandon-ware but boy was I wrong! what a quality update from a great dev. Thouroughly enjoyed all the extra content and loking forward to any additional updates!

Roadkill007

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I thought for sure this was another piece of abandon-ware but boy was I wrong! what a quality update from a great dev. Thouroughly enjoyed all the extra content and loking forward to any additional updates!

considering the personality of the creator, I think he's the type of guy who doesn't do well when there are expectations, but will create his socks off when there's no pressure (socially).

romerskie86

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I'm usually much too lazy to post but I figured I really should now.

The issue is not with Windows 8 but with the updated libraries, in this case the DirectMusic Synthesizer. As suggested above, it's an easy fix. Just replace yours with an older Windows 7 copy. I haven't noticed any adverse effects but since I'm paranoid I switch it back if I don't need it anymore.

I attached a copy that works for me on 8, though I highly recommend you to backup your original of course.
Make sure you put it in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 if you're on 64-bit.

Oh, and this obviously fixes any other similar problems as well, like in Nanocrisis.
It's good that you find how to solve it and also help me fix the problem not on HOTB too but to my other games that crash when sound occur.

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Hmm. I can't re-challenge the testers. I've finished the game as far as it can go though. Do I have to do it before finishing as far as it can go or am I missing something else?
Well first you need the most recent update. Second, you need to go talk to the Succubus in whatever her office is supposed to be. I think it's the third option down, but it'll have a second dialogue box pop up. Top option is obviously "agree" and second is "deny."

I've personally had an issue where I get an error message box pop up which says that a certain memory location can't be read. I click it away and everything's all hunky-dory again, but it does happen every now and then. It happense to me most often in the shop.

(BTW, it's a hex number and I'm pretty sure it equals 0. It's like, 0000000x000 or something like that, but I'm pretty sure that's just 0.)

Last edited:

MichelleK2

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You can re-challenge the testers and if you lose and submit, first you get a CGI scene where she gets nailed by the tester, then if the character agrees with the Succubus, the Succubus reveals she has a penis and a forced oral cgi scene happens. That CGI scene probably isn't new, I just never lost to the testers before never came across it. I haven't tried to see what happens if the character refuses, I'll try that next.

Also once you finish the tester mission in the new version and try to re-enter the simulation again, the game goes right back to saying it cant be used and is being re-adjusted. I was kind of hoping the testers could be re-challenged over and over like with the other "missions".
The new simulator scene is the same as the old on, but with new text (i'd assume, dont read japanese - both with the silver guy as with Fio). And if you keep refusing Fio's offer, the scene continues and you eventually gets a Game Over.

xoxo

ahrimansiah

Lurker
Reputation score

Hey i just saw the new update! the file size is now +500mb! o_O
are you guys sure the only new thing is fighting testers again? i also did read something about being able to do the bar fight again with that green guy,
but still there is around 150mb increase in size of the file! is that all??

warlord42

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I have just unlocked some kind of alley in which there is only one option > warehouse in which I fight the gang from the beginning. After I win, I don't know where to go to continue? I have tried everything afaik. Is that the end? The last mission I can go is the fly mission. I have the latest version.

tontje

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

pretty sure the 2nd gang fight and fly lvl are the last parts of the game so far.

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Phew... finally done with the c messages. Now dialogs.

BTW is there any new combat message or dialog in the new update? I kinda didn't play it.:eek:

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I have just unlocked some kind of alley in which there is only one option > warehouse in which I fight the gang from the beginning. After I win, I don't know where to go to continue? I have tried everything afaik. Is that the end? The last mission I can go is the fly mission. I have the latest version.
The fight with the 2 guys in suits, the re-match with the green dudes, and the ability to go up against the testers again are the latest updates to the project. After you have done that, there isn't anything else.

I'm surprised he picked it up again, considering his track record. Color me grateful.

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Oh hell ya that an update has happened! now to hope that someone else is continuing it or he is but as a hobbie :D

KNOCKBACK

Demon Girl
Reputation score

How can I fight the testers again?

I already beat the 2 guys, stop the cobolio gang, talked with everyone but still nothing.

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

How can I fight the testers again?

I already beat the 2 guys, stop the cobolio gang, talked with everyone but still nothing.
You can challenge the testers and the cobolio over and over by going back to the ship (actually departing) then going back to the alley or to Fio's shop/lab/whatever.

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Hey i just saw the new update! the file size is now +500mb! o_O
are you guys sure the only new thing is fighting testers again? i also did read something about being able to do the bar fight again with that green guy,
but still there is around 150mb increase in size of the file! is that all??
You're actually redownloading the whole game. If you cut & paste & replace everything into your game folder you'll have the whole update and still keep your saves/configs since those files are created once you set them up in game.

moogles

Lurker
Reputation score

The fight with the 2 guys in suits, the re-match with the green dudes, and the ability to go up against the testers again are the latest updates to the project. After you have done that, there isn't anything else.

I'm surprised he picked it up again, considering his track record. Color me grateful.
how do you initiate the fight with the green guys again?

I beat the 2 suit guys (you can also lose to them and get 2 different sex scenes)

tontje

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Got a save file from right before the 2 suit guys ?

moogles

Lurker
Reputation score

Got a save file from right before the 2 suit guys ?

Load the 2nd game -> select 4th option from the top (above save) and it will start the fight with the 2 guys in the suit.

Lose to them (let them stab/beat you up).

and let the scene go for awhile, eventually both will have sex with you, then one those animated 3D sex scenes.

Go to the bar after, and talk to people, select 2nd option when talking to those 2 guys, and you get a sex in bathroom scene.

As for getting the fight with those green? guys again you fought at the start, no idea how to start it.

Status
Not open for further replies.