Hounds Of The Blade (old)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sigmazx

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Hounds Of The Blade

I tried in Windows 8.1 beta.

No luck. Wish I could find out the cause of this and help.

romerskie86

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I tried to look up of how to replace dmsynth.dll or uninstall the directX directly and install the old one.
But I guess it may affect my windows 8 and cause a malfunction.

Judael

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

dunno if it works (i'm using seven)but i guess installling a virtual machine you should solve the issue

OP
Deviancy

Deviancy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I was surprised at just how much new content the new update has, not just because I thought he had given up but because it's just a lot of new content.

The translations people here are tossing out are totally appreciated, I'd be lost without that raw translation, and the person who is doing a full translation, that rocks. I just hope this new update isn't the last one because the game showed potential before but now it shows even more, so seeing it come to an end would be a damn shame. And judging by the stats menu, he has a lot of really wicked ideas planned for this game if he actually sticks with it.

So now there's two adult scrollers to keep an eye on again, Hounds of the Blade and Unforidden. The guy behind Unforidden plans on selling his game when he's finished, so I'm pretty sure he'll finish Unforidden.

Aerik9

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So yeah... New version out today (9/8/13), but from what I can tell, the only new feature is the ability to re-challenge the testers. Haven't downloaded it yet so I can't confirm, but it's good to see he's still working on it. :)

ReinhartX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

from the translation it seems there is no new rape content for the testers.....havent 100% confirm

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah and its all pixelated. Don't treat me like I am stupid and don't know how to use the game what I been translating for a while now.

Am I the only one who noticed how low quality the full screen has become? Anyone?
Ironically the problem is because the sprites are too high in quality.

If you press the zoom key (I have it as Q but I'm pretty sure that's not the default key) the screen will zoom in on Aya and all the sprites are high-rez, smooth graphics.

The problem is that because the sprites are high-rez when you zoom back out to the normal view Gamemaker needs to downsize the sprites to fit on the screen, which ever filter algorithm it uses (if it uses one at all) is unfortunately shit

Sess-

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

yea based on the crappy google translate there wouldnt be anything new but rather just some bugfixes and him thinking about switching the game to be 64-bit only since the game is starting to hog on memory.

which id be absolutely fine with, 32bit systems need to die already.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

yea based on the crappy google translate there wouldnt be anything new but rather just some bugfixes and him thinking about switching the game to be 64-bit only since the game is starting to hog on memory.

which id be absolutely fine with, 32bit systems need to die already.
Yep, 32-bits are going to roll over for unix in a few decades.

TX3

Reputation score

I tried to look up of how to replace dmsynth.dll or uninstall the directX directly and install the old one.
But I guess it may affect my windows 8 and cause a malfunction.
I'm usually much too lazy to post but I figured I really should now.

The issue is not with Windows 8 but with the updated libraries, in this case the DirectMusic Synthesizer. As suggested above, it's an easy fix. Just replace yours with an older Windows 7 copy. I haven't noticed any adverse effects but since I'm paranoid I switch it back if I don't need it anymore.

I attached a copy that works for me on 8, though I highly recommend you to backup your original of course.
Make sure you put it in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 if you're on 64-bit.

Oh, and this obviously fixes any other similar problems as well, like in Nanocrisis.

Attachments

jehuty222

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

For some reason, i can't get access to SYSWOW64, even as administrator and with no UAC >.> Damn Win8.

Anyways alternatively, you can disable all your sound devices in Win8 and get HOTB to work perfect, albeit, without sound :p

kenkashi501

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

How exactly do i overwrite the file? My system won't let me...

Edit: Nevermind, google has solved the problem.

Last edited:

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Damn I didn't remember that there are so many battle messages. Even if I only have to edit the text its still a lot of pictures. The fact that I can't spend my whole day before the pc only draws this thing longer out. Probably tomorrow I will finish with the battle messages and begin working on the actual dialogues.

From which are once more a ton of new ones. Whoever said that there is no much new content in the game after the first recent update didn't know what he was talking about.

sigmazx

Reputation score

I'm usually much too lazy to post but I figured I really should now.

The issue is not with Windows 8 but with the updated libraries, in this case the DirectMusic Synthesizer. As suggested above, it's an easy fix. Just replace yours with an older Windows 7 copy. I haven't noticed any adverse effects but since I'm paranoid I switch it back if I don't need it anymore.

I attached a copy that works for me on 8, though I highly recommend you to backup your original of course.
Make sure you put it in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 if you're on 64-bit.

Oh, and this obviously fixes any other similar problems as well, like in Nanocrisis.
It works! Thank you very much!

I'm using Windows 8.1 BTW (beta) and I had to edit the admin right by right clicking on the file and changing owner from trustedinstaller to me.

It's the same as Vista/7 so google how to do that and you will hit plenty of links.

And of course, copy the original file before messing with it!

Could someone send a message to the developer regarding this fix? it might help them finding a better fix or at least telling the fans about this.

OP
Deviancy

Deviancy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

So yeah... New version out today (9/8/13), but from what I can tell, the only new feature is the ability to re-challenge the testers. Haven't downloaded it yet so I can't confirm, but it's good to see he's still working on it. :)
You can re-challenge the testers and if you lose and submit, first you get a CGI scene where she gets nailed by the tester, then if the character agrees with the Succubus, the Succubus reveals she has a penis and a forced oral cgi scene happens. That CGI scene probably isn't new, I just never lost to the testers before never came across it. I haven't tried to see what happens if the character refuses, I'll try that next.

Also once you finish the tester mission in the new version and try to re-enter the simulation again, the game goes right back to saying it cant be used and is being re-adjusted. I was kind of hoping the testers could be re-challenged over and over like with the other "missions".

sigmazx

Reputation score

You can re-challenge the testers and if you lose and submit, first you get a CGI scene where she gets nailed by the tester, then if the character agrees with the Succubus, the Succubus reveals she has a penis and a forced oral cgi scene happens. That CGI scene probably isn't new, I just never lost to the testers before never came across it. I haven't tried to see what happens if the character refuses, I'll try that next.

Also once you finish the tester mission in the new version and try to re-enter the simulation again, the game goes right back to saying it cant be used and is being re-adjusted. I was kind of hoping the testers could be re-challenged over and over like with the other "missions".
You can re-challenge the tester. Just go to sleep and try again and again.

If you win you get $500

If you lose you get the same blowjob scene + $1000

Shame there is no additional scene yet.

darklink1011

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

no one answered my question. the game loads and displays the age warning and the k factory screens but when it gets to the title screen it crashes.
anyone know what is going on?

Coy47

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Damn I didn't remember that there are so many battle messages. Even if I only have to edit the text its still a lot of pictures. The fact that I can't spend my whole day before the pc only draws this thing longer out. Probably tomorrow I will finish with the battle messages and begin working on the actual dialogues.

From which are once more a ton of new ones. Whoever said that there is no much new content in the game after the first recent update didn't know what he was talking about.
We appreciate it buddy. If I knew how, or understood Japanese but alas, I'm stupid.

sigmazx

Reputation score

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You can re-challenge the tester. Just go to sleep and try again and again.

If you win you get $500

If you lose you get the same blowjob scene + $1000

Shame there is no additional scene yet.
Hmm. I can't re-challenge the testers. I've finished the game as far as it can go though. Do I have to do it before finishing as far as it can go or am I missing something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.