What's new

ACT Unknown/Hiatus [Hnyarly] Sex Realm (Work in Progress)

Hnyarly

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Sex Realm (Work in Progress)

I also like how she always says "disgusting" after having sex with creatures.
Not always: if you raise enough "sluttyness", she says different things...

War1926

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Hello, anyone has a DL for the last update ? I just found these game today.

Spiere

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

They are up on the blog.

Its inside of the Downloads tab on the bar. You can play an Old SWF version too if you want to, its right next to it.

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Nyarly lives again - Version 0.5 just landed! There are two downloads available, one for Windows and one for Linux and Mac.

Last edited:

Esgaldin

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Wow this thing still alive?! o_O

keith3

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I commend the artist for their dedication to the project. That said, for a release that's 2-3 years in the making, I was hoping for a design revamp :(, at least so the interface is a bit more intuitive to use.

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I wish this author would boost the game speed entirely like 2x. Walking back and forth between the places just ends up feeling horribly sluggish.

I almost got past the cave with the slimes and got an instant game over, so I'm done playing for now. Still just as slow and clunky as when I played it years ago. I wonder what the progress on the new area is supposed to be?

Hnyarly

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Wow this thing still alive?! o_O
Yes ^_^

I was hoping for a design revamp :(, at least so the interface is a bit more intuitive to use.
What part of the interface do you think that needs it more?

Rats all go thudd-thud-thud-PLAYER DEAD on me. Less than 2 seconds. Even faster if ganged up on respawn cave exit.

If it is by design - what the point?
I wanted to set some difficult to the game. RPG levels are supposed to help players. The more level you have, the easier to kill enemies. Player can always farm some XP and try again against the same enemies. Also, some zones are hard if you have no enough level. Cave is sopposed to be for level 4. Thus, you should do Mage's quests before entering the cave of slimes.

I wish this author would boost the game speed entirely like 2x. Walking back and forth between the places just ends up feeling horribly sluggish.
Did you find the rune that allows walking faster?

Also, new update allows a way to travel much faster... Maybe I should put the new thunder rune closer to the start.

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

The inventory is really sluggish to navigate through. I can't tell what she will/wont equip, I had no idea that death coin thing would 50% your HP, and it's really hard to see how much gold you have, or check the stats of the clothes you're wearing.

I wanted to set some difficult to the game. RPG levels are supposed to help players. The more level you have, the easier to kill enemies. Player can always farm some XP and try again against the same enemies. Also, some zones are hard if you have no enough level. Cave is sopposed to be for level 4. Thus, you should do Mage's quests before entering the cave of slimes.
I was always level 3 getting in there. And it wasn't that bad, except for when The enemies came at you from a vertical angle so that you were completely unable to hit them with anything until they were right up in your grill. What's the distance of her attacks on the vertical axis?

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I was always level 3 getting in there. And it wasn't that bad, except for when The enemies came at you from a vertical angle so that you were completely unable to hit them with anything until they were right up in your grill. What's the distance of her attacks on the vertical axis?
You gotta play it like Double Dragon or River City Ransom, where getting boxed in is catastrophic. Juke diagonally to keep the baddies on one side of you.

keith3

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Logistics-wise:
  • Something that tells me "C to kick, Q to open stats, W to open inventory", rather than needing to press all the buttons to figure it out. You can achieve this with a tutorial, a wall of text readme, a picture, or just a more informative UI.
  • Speaking of informative UI, what I was personally looking for was an (this is just an example, but having side tabs that the user can click to show a menu/stats/inventory would be nice) rather than a nothing-except-HP-bar view.
  • Since early game it could take <5 hits to kill you, showing exact HP is nice (like "7/15") so the player knows how many more hits they can take before dying.
  • Having a mini-settings in the inventory is a bit weird, would rather move the key config and save to separate menus.
  • Also, the save tool can be dropped. I get that you're making saves a scarce resource, but I don't know if I'd recommend this - it will probably be a top reason why players quit the game.
  • By design, it's much easier to be killed while moving down rather than up since enemies attack your feet and the viewing distance below the feet is much less than above it. Fast monsters like snakes could come in and chomp off a good portion of your HP.

Hope this helps. On another note, I do see all the work put into the main character with her flowy pony tail and breathing boobs, so kudos there. Good job optimizing the performance and file size as well.

Last edited:

Hnyarly

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The inventory is really sluggish to navigate through. I can't tell what she will/wont equip, I had no idea that death coin thing would 50% your HP, and it's really hard to see how much gold you have, or check the stats of the clothes you're wearing.
- You can use mouse too in the inventory.
- Inventory is divided in 3 zones. Left one are for not equipable items. Right one is for weapons (and so equipable), and middle one for clothes (equipable too) and undress option.
- The death item is more a joke than an usefull item. But I've planned a boss that requires the use of it, hehehe.
- I agree about the gold.
- I had no space for adding more text fields... But there are 3 ways to check the stats:
  • Watching status table (Q) before and after equipping the item.
  • Traders' menu show items' stats.
  • Crafters' menu show them too.

Something that tells me "C to kick, Q to open stats, W to open inventory", rather than needing to press all the buttons to figure it out. You can achieve this with a tutorial, a wall of text readme, a picture, or just a more informative UI.
Every key use is explained in a box at the config menu. Maybe I could do it more user-friendly.
Text readme is avoided for most users, but some kind of documentation is a good idea.
Actually, very long time ago someone come up to me with a proposal for a PDF guide for the game... I said OK, but the project vanished...

u_u

Speaking of informative UI, what I was personally looking for was an (this is just an example, but having side tabs that the user can click to show a menu/stats/inventory would be nice) rather than a nothing-except-HP-bar view.
The problem is that I wanted to create a game with huge characters, and enemies. Same style as classic RPG-maker H-games but adding more action and great sprites, so people can feel more inmersive into the game. Player enjoys more the game if he/she has more control over the character (look, clothes.. etc). Even more when the character is a big animated character rather than a 32x32 pixel art.
Sorry, I'm rambling. But the fact is that I wanted big characters in the game. So, I need insterfaces as minimal as possible, because the bigger and more they are, the more part of the screen they hide. And player can barelly see enemies approaching. That's why I did a very simple and small interface.

But you can always press Q and W to show more options.

Since early game it could take <5 hits to kill you, showing exact HP is nice (like "7/15") so the player knows how many more hits they can take before dying.
That's the eye for, hehehe.

Having a mini-settings in the inventory is a bit weird, would rather move the key config and save to separate menus.
I did first for simplicity. But if I do it, I'd need a key for display this new menu (with the config, load/save options, etc).

Also, the save tool can be dropped. I get that you're making saves a scarce resource, but I don't know if I'd recommend this - it will probably be a top reason why players quit the game.
I'm against infinite savings. But I could do like drug dealers: givin more initial saving pages at the beginnig, and once the player is adicted to the game, make them scarce.
xD

By design, it's much easier to be killed while moving down rather than up since enemies attack your feet and the viewing distance below the feet is much less than above it. Fast monsters like snakes could come in and chomp off a good portion of your HP.
Mmmmm, I didn't realise about that.

Hope this helps. On another note, I do see all the work put into the main character with her flowy pony tail and breathing boobs, so kudos there. Good job optimizing the performance and file size as well.
Thanks
^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I think the dev is going for the old Resident Evil thing where saving the game is itself a resource. Enemies can drop save tickets, so it's not that big of a deal, I think.

Aestral

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Are there no actual scenes in the game yet, or am I just too stupid to find them? I get rejected on every npc, I can only raise my arousal with 1 item (book to be exact), and I can't strip anything apart from boots and glasses.

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I don't think the scenes have changed since the previous version—see what I said then

Hnyarly

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I think the dev is going for the old Resident Evil thing where saving the game is itself a resource.
Exactly! That's where I got the idea.
:D

Are there no actual scenes in the game yet, or am I just too stupid to find them? I get rejected on every npc, I can only raise my arousal with 1 item (book to be exact), and I can't strip anything apart from boots and glasses.
Since last version, starting every willing sex event requires some sluttynes:
- 10 for attractive humas.
- 80 for ugly humans and humanoids.
Each 10 points of horny temporary increases 1 point of slutyness.

It's easy to start increasing slutyness: just be defeated for rats or bosses.

I don't think the scenes have changed since the previous version—see what I said then
The list is old. There are at least 4 new events:
- Sex with guard (same than elf).
- Sex with Pig trader.
- Masturbation in bed.
- Ent rape.

tshakudo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm having issues with increasing Beth's sluttyness past 60. I've done the slime, elf, and guard ad nauseum but I'm trying to not do the one shot bosses until she is slutyy enough to respond.

I also did the gnome and am unable to do the pig merchant.

Any hints for how I could "farm" that stat?

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I'm having issues with increasing Beth's sluttyness past 60. I've done the slime, elf, and guard ad nauseum but I'm trying to not do the one shot bosses until she is slutyy enough to respond.

You really can't. It's kind of a checklist thing, which means there's not much we can do with it until more areas open up in later updates.

kjelle

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm having issues with increasing Beth's sluttiness past 60. I've done the slime, elf, and guard ad nauseum but I'm trying to not do the one shot bosses until she is slutyy enough to respond.

There are a few tricks one can use to maximize sluttiness, but I've capped out at 77 sluttiness (no horniness) regardless. That's enough to get her topless and to give the pig trader a HJ. See image for proof. ;)

How I did it:
1. Start with 10 sluttiness. ("provocative" and "had sex" background)
2. Level to 8.
3. At this point you can give the elf trader a handjob.
4. Lose once to slime boss.
5. At this point you'll have 24 sluttiness. You can now blow elf but cum outside. Do this 4 times.
6. Lose to the slime 3 more times.
7. At this point you'll have ~45 sluttiness. You can now blow elf, cum inside, but not swallow yet. Do this 4 times.
8. Do the gnome: 2 events.
9. Get some books to help with horniness. Lose to wolf boss with > 50 horniness so that Beth orgasms = bonus sluttiness.
10. Lose to Ent boss.
11. Kill slime and make out with elf lady.
12. At this point, you should be able to give pig trader a HJ. Place teleport destination in front of pig. Go blow guard. Teleport to pig. Read book to maximize horny. You should now be at 80 or more which you need for pig HJ. Do this 4 times.
13. Now you can easily reach over 80 sluttiness. This allows you to swallow after elf BJ. Do this 4 times.
14. Voila! 77 unmodified sluttiness.

But that's all I've found. Unfortunately, masturbation on bed gives nothing. It seems that elf HJ gives nothing. It seems it's not possible to cum from Ent or Slime.

If anyone else has got something to top this, I'd be grateful to hear about it. Beth would need 90 sluttiness to blow the pig trader.

Attachments