Reputation score
Re: [ACT] Hero and Monster

*waits patiently while hopefully reminding the OP that this exists*

OP
hentairobotfromthefuture
Reputation score

*waits patiently while hopefully reminding the OP that this exists*
All sprites are 100% done. I added quite more than what I had originally planned. Currently working on balancing enemy damage and other variables.

Edit: I updated the first post to more accurately reflect the current status of the game.

Last edited:
Reputation score

Incredibly long-time lurker, first time poster, for this game. There is such a lack of male on monster stuff and, thanks to MGQ, its a fetish Ive developed. But sadly its a genre thats hard to find. You have my full encouragement and if there's anything idea-wise you need help with Ill be glad to help.

ex12345

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

All sprites are 100% done. I added quite more than what I had originally planned. Currently working on balancing enemy damage and other variables.

Edit: I updated the first post to more accurately reflect the current status of the game.
Just very glad to see that this is still a thing. Weird thing is I'm looking forward to this more than any triple A game titles in the near future.

OP
hentairobotfromthefuture
Reputation score

Just very glad to see that this is still a thing. Weird thing is I'm looking forward to this more than any triple A game titles in the near future.
I'm glad to hear you're excited, but please temper your expectations. I'm a total amateur with no experience, and I'm basically kludging together a game out of toothpicks and silly putty.

Drakeero

Lurker
Reputation score

It almost sounds like you're foregoing a demo entirely and trying to shoot for a finished game.

CountMoxi

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'm glad to hear you're excited, but please temper your expectations. I'm a total amateur with no experience, and I'm basically kludging together a game out of toothpicks and silly putty.
Just try your best and don't stress yourself out. You don't have to be Miyamoto, we just want to see what you can make. Plus the feedback you'll get will allow you to make the sequel or any future games a lot better! We're all rooting for you! :D

Drakeero

Lurker
Reputation score

As long as the demo isn't spectacularly broken and as long as the animations don't go by too quickly (like Castle RePure Aria) or lack any sort of meaningful loop after loss (like most of FOBS though that's slowly improving) I'm pretty sure the demo would be quite fun.

I mean I can't speak for everyone but I have this feeling that most people here are used to working with demos and know what to expect.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

As long as the demo isn't spectacularly broken and as long as the animations don't go by too quickly (like Castle RePure Aria) or lack any sort of meaningful loop after loss (like most of FOBS though that's slowly improving) I'm pretty sure the demo would be quite fun.

I mean I can't speak for everyone but I have this feeling that most people here are used to working with demos and know what to expect.
I feel like i fucked up on my last demo. got so busy with making the H that i didnt fill my metroidvania demo with any meaning. could do with a lot more generic non h enemies to make the game actually fun to traverse

Last edited:

Yuni

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm sure your demo will be fine, Hun. c: Not enough people make the ROR games where you're the male... always the one with the pussy, hmm? So I do look forwards to whatever you produce. <3

AnotherLurker

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

If there was some sort've award for blue-balling people during a hentai-gaming dry spell, you'd have the fucking gold-trimmed ribbon.

That is not a compliment, release the damn thing already, at this point you're starting to pull a gaben/team ico on us, where the delay between announcement of project and project release is so fucking long that the game's potential to live up to said wait is steadily widdling away.

You can delay the greatest game in the world for an indefinite amount of time, but if you delay it too long, even with it being so good, when its finally released, it'll quickly be forgotten and pass through memory merely out of spite, and you'll be forever known as "that one dev who took way too fucking long to put out.", all your hard work and efforts made futile because your sense of timing was worse than a chronologically dyslexic alzheimer's patient.

And that's if your game is actually GOOD.. If it sucks, then you fall under the category of "pulling a john romero"...

The community's put up with your procrastination with gaming, but a line has to be drawn somewhere, especially when the developing game in question is obviously such a cock-tease of a gleaming precious gem of a niche-audience game that makes them drool like starving rabid dogs.. Either throw a bone, or you won't get any sympathy when the dogs break out and start eating you alive.

Last edited:

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ Dude you okay? Chill. o_o

You may be right but i will state a few reasons why hentairobotfromthefuture should be excused for not releasing any demo yet:

1. He DOES NOT have Patreon. He really is making this game as a hobby.
2. It will be his very first demo of his very first game. Excuse a guy who wants the first impression to be as good as it could be.
3. He actually hadn't specifically stated any estimated time, just "soon", so technically he hasn't broke any deadlines or promises yet. Plus we all now what "soon" really meant, especially on internet.
4. Control your expectations. Truthfully the only graphics we had seen for this game are just low-resolution pixel sprites of blonde guy embraced by monsters and an animation of a dick getting worked out by a poop emoji monster.

Last edited:

CountMoxi

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The community's put up with your procrastination with gaming, but a line has to be drawn somewhere, especially when the developing game in question is obviously such a cock-tease of a gleaming precious gem of a niche-audience game that makes them drool like starving rabid dogs.. Either throw a bone, or you won't get any sympathy when the dogs break out and start eating you alive.
Like AGamerPassingBy mentioned, the dev showed off a hobby project and said they'd try to get it done when they could. They aren't taking money, and for all we know they could have a day job that takes a lot out of them leaving little time to make the game. The DON'T owe us anything, and this negative backlash towards them is only going to do two things. 1.) Pressure them to release an unfinished product that you'll just complain more about. or 2.) Stress them out to the point where they drop the project after seeing a darker part of the community they don't want to be a part of.

The dev has stated numerous times that this is his first time making a game. Cut him some damn slack and be patient. If you can't wait, maybe try making a game yourself and see how easy it is.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Like AGamerPassingBy mentioned, the dev showed off a hobby project and said they'd try to get it done when they could. They aren't taking money, and for all we know they could have a day job that takes a lot out of them leaving little time to make the game. The DON'T owe us anything, and this negative backlash towards them is only going to do two things. 1.) Pressure them to release an unfinished product that you'll just complain more about. or 2.) Stress them out to the point where they drop the project after seeing a darker part of the community they don't want to be a part of.

The dev has stated numerous times that this is his first time making a game. Cut him some damn slack and be patient. If you can't wait, maybe try making a game yourself and see how easy it is.

They won't drop it, they already have other game ideas for the next one.