What's new

ACT Abandoned [hentairobotfromthefuture] Hero and Monster

Drakeero

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: [ACT] Hero and Monster

Still working on it.

If you read back through the thread, you'll see that I've basically tripled the number of H animations from when I first announced the game. I did this because I looked at what I had and decided it wasn't good enough. Since this is my first game, it's important that I get it right.

Every time I see this thread bumped I groan a little because it reminds everyone that it's not done yet. I appreciate all of the interest so far and I'll do my best to live up to your expectations, but please remember that I'm basically figuring this out as I go.
Despite my normal impatience, I find this perfectly fair and reasonable and look forward to the extra content.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

Needs demo, I have nothing really to go on.

OP
hentairobotfromthefuture
Reputation score

I might as well show you a little of what I've been working on animation-wise, and what's causing the majority of the delay.

So, one of the mechanics I've added that I mentioned before is what I refer to as the "dick meter". The dick meter hangs out by your health bar when you're not being attacked.

Instead of a boring white bar, the dick meter gets whiter when Hero-kun gets attacked by monsters to show how close he is to finishing. I realize it doesn't show up too well on this forum.

When you get grappled by the enemy, the perspective zooms in and the dick meter shows up in a frame above the H animation.

So let's say the tube monster is attacking Hero-kun (or the poop emoji, as it's been referred to).

While he's being grappled, the monster interacts with the dick meter and it changes color to show how close he is to finishing.

And, of course, when he finishes he takes a lot of damage and the monster turns the dick meter back to it's base color.

One of the things that's been slowing me down is figuring out exactly how to use this representation to convey information to the player. For awhile I thought about using it to also reflect Hero-kun's mental state too (such as at low dick meter values the meter is very visible and trying to pull away, but at high values you can't see much at all since he just wants to get it over with), but decided that was too much work. Maybe in the sequel.

So yeah, that's what I've been trying to draw and animate for all the monsters. I appreciate your patience.

Attachments

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^

I already said this before, but this dick-meter innovation of yours is truly phenomenal! Keep up the good work Sire! I'll be waiting patiently.

ex12345

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

...wow. Very happy that this is still a thing! Wasn't trying to rush, honestly thought it was dead.

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Wow, really imaginative stuff. Keep up the great work.

AnonTheHuman

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Trying to animate the dick meter for ALL monsters along with what you're already trying to do is definitely a large amount of work.

I'm willing to wait though for something so innovative and interesting. Take your time.

Last edited:

megamanxzeroaxel

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Trying to animate the dick meter for ALL monsters along with what you're already trying to do is definitely a large amount of work.

I'm willing to wait though for something so innovative and interesting. Take your time.
Oh, seconded!

putting this much dedication into your first game truly shows promise, it's an attitude we need more of in the H-game developing scene to be honest, keep up the good work! :D

Also if you do get the time to read this, would you tell me what program you're using to make the game?

Dank_Billy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm glad to wait for a more complete demo rather than something rushed out just to please the fans.

ex12345

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm glad to wait for a more complete demo rather than something rushed out just to please the fans.
Seconded. Just really glad this didn't just fall off of the face of the earth.

Yuni

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm glad work is coming along, at least. <3 Thank you for the information, Sugar.

AnotherLurker

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Damn, dat animation though..

Well, an animation can't carry a game, I do hope you get the right sound
effects as well. Remember from your hentai-training, young hopeful..

Splishy-splashy watery cum noises are lame.
Gooshy gushy cum noises are okay, but not so immersive.
But the more tantalizing deep muffled pumping spurts are best.

Don't worry so much about conveying the main character's psychological state. Merely slapping a face-cam style status pic of the character
near the health would be good enough for this, unless you wanted to continue being creative, and add a "horniness" bar, which would make
struggling out of a grapple harder the higher it is, and also make the character cum faster which, and let's be honest here, has never been done
in a MALE protagonist game, and would fucking rock, as well as being an iconic first.

You could improve the mechanic by making it able to reduce by killing monsters, or merely just progressing through the level without
being grappled. This would also make room for possible future enemies that merely increase it by being near you, like repurearia, and FOTB.

Last edited:

Drakeero

Lurker
Reputation score

Complicated mechanics and layers like that interest me. If I can pry myself away from hefty schoolwork and other responsibilities to finish learning Gamemaker (and maybe Unity in the future)I'd love to see what twisted stuff I can come up with.

If our friend here can make a game from scratch that looks this awesome with sprites that simple... then maybe there's hope for me to be able to do it as well.

OP
hentairobotfromthefuture
Reputation score

Any news yet?
I'm nearly done with the added sprites. I've spent much time pondering the nature of H games and how to keep things from getting too same-y.

Take, for example, games with female protagonists. The sky is the limit in terms of variety of H animations. The artist isn't going to be forced into repetition.

Then, consider games with male protagonists, such as Eroico and FOBS (which I consider to be the height of perfection). The monsters are anthropomorphic, so you still have a lot of variety available.

Then, there's my game. Dumb monsters with mouths (for the most part). I don't want every animation to just be the thing bouncing up and down, so I've been suffering from artist's block.

That said, I'm slowly making progress.

AnotherLurker

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

If you're looking for creative input, feel free to consult me.

When it comes to male-protagonist hentai games, I seem to be the only
one truly emphatic about it all.

So I don't have to just PM said ideas, I'll splay them out..

Under the category of "dumb things with mouths", obviously there is
plenty of room for creativity, but it would get samey if all they were
doing was bouncing and/or sucking.

So, why not expand the number of positions from 1 to 2, with "Milking".
With enemies who, when grappling the male character, merely jerk him
off steadily. I understand it might conflict with your game's story mechanics,
if the reason the monsters are attacking him is because they want to
"devour" his seed.. But if they're merely just "really horny monsters", then
milking the player would be just as fine, and give you more room for
additional ideas..

Though on the idea of finishing, I once had a brilliant idea which might be
a bit too late for you to implement but maybe someday somebody will,
where the finish/cum animation is PART of the struggle mechanic, and
if you don't struggle free in time, they just continue milking/sucking out
your cum bit by bit until you do struggle free. I'm sure to most people
that idea doesn't make sense at all, but trust me, there's a niche audience
who would love to see a game with mechanics like that. It's all about the
psychological factor of guilt versus progression, and the rumbly feeling one
gets in the pit of their stomach as they watch their character getting seduced,
as a slowly-growing part of their mind tells them "Let's just watch this, this is nice..".

Since you've limited yourself to using non-humanoid enemies, there aren't
many different positions to add in, but that doesn't mean you can't just focus on
what you've already got and polish it up even further. Adding that extra
little detail to the finish animation can really be the edge that carries you,
rather it be specifically making the lumps of cum visible as the enemy draws it out,
the gentle steady motions as they guide his load inside of them, or even just extending
the animation itself, letting the monsters take their time drawing said load from the hero,
intensifying the experience.

I still have hope for you, and look forward to what you release. PM me if you'd like any help with creativity.

Last edited: