What's new

RPG [HellMOO Team] Text Based MMO HellMOO

Apathy

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Text Based MMO HellMOO

I still can't connect..can anyone else connect?
I can, turns out the player thing they have on the website is broken or something, I've been using simpleMU.

Sithri

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

No I can't connect
And I hate the part where I am only allowed one character. Because when one dies, I use the other to collect the leftover stuff. :(
that would be the reason WHY alts were banned

alt abuse is a huge problem, and unfortunately its a weird subject to ban people by and admins were using this excuse to ban people they didn't like

so they just decided to just get rid of all alts

Xcaliberium

Lurker
Reputation score

I play there now too, names Jasperx, if you wish to gain babies for the shoggoth hand off for the nice xp, let me know, I'm waiting to get knocked up for live babies, won't be getting any mutations until I hit the full shoggoth quest completion, so get your live babies with me, while ya can. the way it works, is first live is yours, 2nd is mine, if 2nd is dead, you gotta knock me up again. :D

poop_puddle

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

that would be the reason WHY alts were banned

alt abuse is a huge problem, and unfortunately its a weird subject to ban people by and admins were using this excuse to ban people they didn't like

so they just decided to just get rid of all alts
What's the problem with picking back my own stuff? The last time, if not for my alt I would have lost everything cause I was still new.

Apathy

Lurker
Reputation score

What's the problem with picking back my own stuff? The last time, if not for my alt I would have lost everything cause I was still new.
Item loss is a game mechanic, circumventing it with an alt cheapens the game. Get an in-game friend to grab your stuff or hurry back with your clone. Alternatively, don't carry anything you wouldn't mind losing.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Because thats alt abuse duh.

If you loose your stuff and can't get back to it ask your corp mates, if they're a bunch of sperging cunts who won't help you then tough titties for joining a goon corp.

Also don't explore the world with all your shit if you dont want to loose it.

And if loosing text is so difficult for you then welcome to the glory of the abomination mutation!

Sithri

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

if anyone wants to go fists, someone has to get boat riding skills to take us to coventry island

if any of you can ride a boat, please post, so i can message you or something ingame, i waaaaaaaant fist raws

=================
edit
=================

most epic player kick off ever
admins exploded everyone off the server
i was one of the 4 still alive at the end of it all
woooooo~

looks like they're redoing the system again

or just quitting forever, whichever comes first

Last edited:

Sithri

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

big double post news, supposedly the moo died and an admin is willing to take the game and host it himself

till then the game is deeeeeeeeeaaaaaad!

the code was also released

^ supposedly this is what the game ran on or something

if anyone knows how to use this.. there you go

i checked the file myself, looks safe, has a bunch of moo stuff, no idea how to use any of it though

Dracill

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Heh thats real cute, badmins got cranky cause some players were apparently complaining about the changes. So they disabled player logins so its basically adminmoo now, the game is still up and running, just only admins playing it. (See: 30 admins connected)

For a bunch of guys who spent the past five years acting like douches and telling people to get over it, this is hell.....they are getting there panties seriously bunched up but whatever.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Apparently the admin bringing the game back is Mada.

Mada the admin that forced the no eating/drinking with your face covered mechanic into the game...

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

What's the problem there?

As long as he's reverting the free-xp-no-grinding-allowed thing, I can dig it.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Because it was a horribly pointless addition no one but Mada thought was a good idea

Btw, I ran that file linked above, seems to contain the database for a moo called cosmos not hellmoo

Last edited:

Dracill

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

hellmoo was based off a free code released from another game, thats probably there base code i'd bet. And the having to remove stuff to eat was annoying, but made sense in a excessively realistic way.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

When i first started playing hellmoo just after it opened we used to have mechanic where you had to take off your pants to wank and piss, it was removed eventually due to player hatred and because it added nothing

5 years later Mada adds a feature for the other end, lots of players including myself point out the simulaties to the aforementioned mechanic and he's like "buhh duhh this'll be the best thing ever guys, really I'm working on things to make it easier to live with."

Edit: Hellmoo was based off Lamdamoo code

Last edited:

poop_puddle

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hi guys currently the reviving-in-progress HellMOO is here:

The Play Now button DOES NOT WORK YET.
I think we have to unzip the moo code some posts before and read the file called instructions.txt
Good luck people I don't have the time necessary to do this myself but I will tmr.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

There's a sorta-HellMOO up called HellMOO: After The End (wordplay!).

Bitches be on the moon.

As I understand it it's a placeholder zone until whoever gets the old city and shit edited and whatever to his preferences. No growing up and no mutations and stuff. On the plus side, you can be stranded in a tiny-ass station on the moon. If you can get a spacesuit, you can run around outside until a Moonite finds and kills you. Or, you could go outside without a spacesuit, and suffocate and/or decompress explosively!

Don't expect to find anyplace to cyber, though.

poop_puddle

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

There's a sorta-HellMOO up called HellMOO: After The End (wordplay!).

Bitches be on the moon.

As I understand it it's a placeholder zone until whoever gets the old city and shit edited and whatever to his preferences. No growing up and no mutations and stuff. On the plus side, you can be stranded in a tiny-ass station on the moon. If you can get a spacesuit, you can run around outside until a Moonite finds and kills you. Or, you could go outside without a spacesuit, and suffocate and/or decompress explosively!

Don't expect to find anyplace to cyber, though.
Its polite to give a link

Its not up yet though... telling us to check irc.synirc.net #hellmoo for official updates

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

The moo can be found by connecting your mud client to:
aftertheend.org 7777

If you don't understand that then gtfo.
You wouldn't last 5 minutes on the moo anyway.

davejohnson

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I quite like the idea of a MUD sex/rp game, and liked HellMOO. However, the anti-rp based community is kinda ridiculous (I got hunted down and killed repeatedly by a syndicate--which was hilarious), and was wondering if there are any similar rp games I could find elsewhere?

Dracill

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Everything else out there that iv seen is either dead or less a moo(mush/mud/ect) and more a glorified chat room.

HM had the right idea, just the wrong people. Unfortunately the wrong people are the ones fallowing it around the closest heh so when it does get out of garbage reboot phase its going to be pretty weak sauce with nothing but exploiters and overly angst filled socially inept players that will constantly tell everyone new that they cant handle the moo and should be playing something else.