What's new

RPG [HellMOO Team] Text Based MMO HellMOO

xgkf

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Text Based MMO HellMOO

I tried this a while back. I liked the idea of it and it's actually executed fairly well, but frankly, losing everything when you die and not being able to safely quit the game when and wherever you want kills the enjoyability of this game for me.

Sithri

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

the reason for that is kind of obvious if you think about it

if you can do that, you can abuse it so easily with pking

xgkf

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sorry, but, "pking"?

StacyNobody

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I was really excited to play this game but there's a lot of things that I am just not liking.

A) I can never finish a fight without "fading out"
B) There seems to be no sex anywhere (I'm very interested in Rape/forced)
C) Barely any interaction between players that I've seen

Sithri

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Sorry, but, "pking"?
pking = player killing

as for fading out.. all that means is your character is getting tired from fighting, raise endurance and you'll fade out a lot less

sex is where you make it happen, if you want to, you can force yourself on orphans in the orphanage, the prison has npcs that sometimes rape you if they're horny, and there are a bunch of tentacle rapers under the hospital in slagtown. Of course you can rape players and they can do the same to you as well.

there is also a shit ton of interaction with players, they just aren't open about it very often because player kills DO roam the streets

Last edited:

Sithri

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

big news! big enough for a bump and a double post!
==========================
Change made by laser_spider
Posted March 31st, 2011 by AutoPoster

Due to the rampant issues with griefing and players being huge fucksticks in general, we have been forced to come up with new ways to keep HellMOO playable for everyone. To this end, starting today you will be able to opt out of PvP combat. Just type "@prefs pvp is 0" to activate it.

If you have opted out, you will not be able to attack other players, and others will not be able to attack you. Be aware that you may only change your PvP pref once every three days. Also, since this is such a new system, there are certainly going to be ways for players to start fights with you if you've opted out; we will find and fix these over the next week or so. Enjoy!
==============================

not sure if this is an april fools joke or not however, but incase it isn't, hell moo got a lot less hellish

also lol pwipe

Dracill

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It was done on the 31st (for the post) so I would bet my labido on it being for april fools, bet at least three people nerdraged on the spot though heh.

miachan

Lurker
Reputation score

Has hellmoo been down for days for anyone else..?

Apathy

Lurker
Reputation score

Player wipe. It takes a couple days. I've been trying to get an email from them to set up my account again but haven't gotten a response since like, 20 hours ago. On the bright side; fresh start! I'll totally play with y'all, but I can't promise I won't be crap.

poop_puddle

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

lol I made a character during the pwipe is that going to be erased too?

Apathy

Lurker
Reputation score

lol I made a character during the pwipe is that going to be erased too?
The hell if I know, honestly. Probably? They seem to be tweaking the game a bit too. Faster IP gains and stuff.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Where have you heard about faster ip gains?

I still think its an april fools joke, theres not really a pwipe they're just fucking with us. Took them 5 years to do the first pwipe, doubt they'll do another only a year later.

And I've just realised i've played hellmoo on and off for 5 years... fml

Apathy

Lurker
Reputation score

Where have you heard about faster ip gains?

I still think its an april fools joke, theres not really a pwipe they're just fucking with us. Took them 5 years to do the first pwipe, doubt they'll do another only a year later.

And I've just realised i've played hellmoo on and off for 5 years... fml
From one of the developers I think, on SA. I still haven't gotten any confirmation emails or anything so I can't log in at all or play :( I haven't since last August and I kinda wanna play again.

The PvP switch was the April fools joke, they won't be getting rid of the main game mechanic(griefing).

Oh and:

(1) you no longer gain IP for any skills. So, no more grinding. You do still gain gym IP in the normal way.

(2) you no longer earn XP for killing stuff. You can still earn one-time XP awards for quests and jobs.

(3) you get a certain amount of XP every game day, automatically. Newly created characters get all the XP they would have gotten per day since the playerwipe event. The overall effect will be that everyone who plays will have the same amount of baseline 'free' XP.

(4) admins are on a much tighter leash as far as interacting with players, due to a lot of very unpleasant cliquish favoritism in previous incarnations of hellMOO. Please do not bother individual admins; use zotnet or 'page help' or mailing lists if you have concerns or suggestions etc.

There may well be more changes coming in the next couple of days.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sounds... well, it frankly sounds terrible. "The part where you had to earn your XP sucked, so fuck it! We'll just hand it out!"

Sithri

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

supposedly a lot of the systems that are newly implemented are all experimental and largely unfinished since everyone kept bitching to them to open the moo

Apathy

Lurker
Reputation score

Sounds... well, it frankly sounds terrible. "The part where you had to earn your XP sucked, so fuck it! We'll just hand it out!"
Except earning xp was little more than a grind more most of it, and trivial for others. I'm not sure how it's going to play out but I don't think it'll be that bad. More time for pking/rping/grinding for monies. Heh.

Ok I think they put xp back anyway so whatever.

I'm on as Rebeda if anyone wants to say hi/facefuck. :p

Last edited:

miachan

Lurker
Reputation score

I still can't connect..can anyone else connect?

poop_puddle

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

No I can't connect
And I hate the part where I am only allowed one character. Because when one dies, I use the other to collect the leftover stuff. :(