What's new

Harem, RPG game. c6m6 released 10/16/17 (English, Free)

imercenary

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Harem, RPG game. v2c4m1.4 released 6/28/16 (English, Free)

1. Heavy combat will be sidequest only. Main plot will be light on it.
2. I actually prefer 3dcg to more modern modelers. Most of them are so far into the uncanny valley I can't play 'em.
3. Where could the writing be improved? How far in are you?
1. Yeah, I've noticed. Combat in sidequests is actually so heavy I simply stopped doing them.

2. *shrug*. Developers with no money can't always go for art style.

3. I just got to the town/mines with the tentacles. And I've only played a pure "evil" path so I'm not even sure where/how the writing can be improved.

Theres dialogue that is obviously written to be "neutral/both paths" but without the script its hard to even think about. ie. Maybe I'm mis-remembering but when talking to the girls in the fortress, I thought there were conversations where the MC makes himself out to be anti-slavery, despite the fact that he is blatantly enslaving/psuedo-mind/soul controlling/sex/love desperate controlling them all (all evil path).

JouteiKaji

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

1. Yeah, I've noticed. Combat in sidequests is actually so heavy I simply stopped doing them.

3. I just got to the town/mines with the tentacles. And I've only played a pure "evil" path so I'm not even sure where/how the writing can be improved.

Theres dialogue that is obviously written to be "neutral/both paths" but without the script its hard to even think about. ie. Maybe I'm mis-remembering but when talking to the girls in the fortress, I thought there were conversations where the MC makes himself out to be anti-slavery, despite the fact that he is blatantly enslaving/psuedo-mind/soul controlling/sex/love desperate controlling them all (all evil path).
He's not anti-slavery in the good path either, he's just anti-dominating their wills. In the good path he's disgusted with the thought of dominating another's will, but is very much pro-slavery. For him slavery is just a fact of life like it was during Ancient Rome, but he'd never abuse his slaves. Granted I've only done a pure good playthough and my own views on slavery keep me from going the evil path.

OP
ker

ker

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

The art thing really isn't what I said. My own preference is hand-drawn>3dcg>Poser/Dazzlr or the such. I find the barbie doll appearance of those a real arousal killer. And considering that we're nearly up to 2k images in harem as of 4m3 commissioning custom art would be prohibitively expensive for essentially any project.

Neither path should ever portray the 'protagonist' as anti-slavery. Harem takes place in a middle Roman Empire timeframe where a concept such as 'slavery is morally wrong' would be completely foreign to the aristocracy of the era and utterly laughable if uttered aloud.

There is quite a bit of content written for both sides, because at this point in the game the character hasn't deviated much from the norm. I always hate 'moral' games that start the character as either a demon or a saint. There's no player agency in that, just two sets of dialogue. What I want to do is create a reactive world. How the player acts determines who he is, becoming more light/dark as the game progresses

He's not anti-slavery in the good path either, he's just anti-dominating their wills. In the good path he's disgusted with the thought of dominating another's will, but is very much pro-slavery. For him slavery is just a fact of life like it was during Ancient Rome, but he'd never abuse his slaves. Granted I've only done a pure good playthough and my own views on slavery keep me from going the evil path.
Very correct.

imercenary

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Your "he's just anti-dominating their wills"-argument is utter bullshit seeing as "Dominate her will" is literally an option in the wizard girl story path. (I forget her name)

And thats not how slavery worked during Ancient Rome, but arguing history here will probably get me banned so *shrug*.

The art thing really isn't what I said. My own preference is hand-drawn>3dcg>Poser/Dazzlr or the such. I find the barbie doll appearance of those a real arousal killer. And considering that we're nearly up to 2k images in harem as of 4m3 commissioning custom art would be prohibitively expensive for essentially any project.

Neither path should ever portray the 'protagonist' as anti-slavery. Harem takes place in a middle Roman Empire timeframe where a concept such as 'slavery is morally wrong' would be completely foreign to the aristocracy of the era and utterly laughable if uttered aloud.

There is quite a bit of content written for both sides, because at this point in the game the character hasn't deviated much from the norm. I always hate 'moral' games that start the character as either a demon or a saint. There's no player agency in that, just two sets of dialogue. What I want to do is create a reactive world. How the player acts determines who he is, becoming more light/dark as the game progresses
There are programs that don't go for a "barbie doll appearance" but since the cost of switching (let alone replacing) is so high theres no point in discussing it.

I'd need the script to read cause making and loading dozens of saves to connect the conversations is just too time consuming. From what I remember though, I believe he keeps saying that he'll free them once the crisis in his homeland is solved or something like that?

And history...

Then I either haven't gotten that far in the game or I'm completely missing the changes. (Again, no thanks to the fact that I've only played pure evil so far)

That said, I don't even know if I can go any further. I'm trying to climb the tower west of the tentacle mines and I'm getting smeared across the walls by the monsters in there. I don't know if I'm in the wrong area or underleveled from skipping sidequests or undergeared from not buying anything the whole time.

OP
ker

ker

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Your "he's just anti-dominating their wills"-argument is utter bullshit seeing as "Dominate her will" is literally an option in the wizard girl story path. (I forget her name)

I'd need the script to read cause making and loading dozens of saves to connect the conversations is just too time consuming. From what I remember though, I believe he keeps saying that he'll free them once the crisis in his homeland is solved or something like that?

And history...

Then I either haven't gotten that far in the game or I'm completely missing the changes. (Again, no thanks to the fact that I've only played pure evil so far)

That said, I don't even know if I can go any further. I'm trying to climb the tower west of the tentacle mines and I'm getting smeared across the walls by the monsters in there. I don't know if I'm in the wrong area or underleveled from skipping sidequests or undergeared from not buying anything the whole time.
The choice to dominate Terra is a dark route choice, which yes focuses on the domination aspect of BDSM/Slavery. Light route handles it significantly differently. Dark route also has your slaves getting into fights, dragging themselves around your castle with leashes and having your harem hold a woman down while you fuck her ass. Nothing of the sort happens on the light route.

The conversation you have in your first trip through the pass makes it explicitly clear that you plan to take them back to your homeland as slaves. The tenor of the conversation is different per route and your harem's rationalizations for accepting that vary, but there's never been any talk of 'setting them free' in the game. The plan is to sell them either to save your people or gain power.

Main plot content is specifically balanced so that you don't have to do sidequests to progress. And I've done it repeatedly without spending gold, just equipping what I find on the way. Heck, I did 99% of it by just equipping loot and setting combat to auto. But this is an RPG and does require a bit of min/maxing.

Last edited:

mrdots

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Seems like a cool game. I'm going to try it. Keep up the good work :D

OP
ker

ker

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

v2c4m2 Public release!

v2c4m2
Content Additions
-There is yet another barrier blocking your path to Corsix and you must remove it. You'll have to find a way to strengthen Terra to get past the barrier!
-In doing so, you will capture another slave, one with a mysterious past that she has had taken from her. Unlocking it will grant her great power, but at great risk.
-A new questline from the Celeean Swords and a new slave to add to your harem.
-Fiona will have another quest for you, and her arrogance and greed could make her vulnerable to ones whose pockets are deep enough.
-The repairs on your brothel have finally been completed, letting you open it for business. Some slaves may require 'convincing' in order to serve there.
-Scenes for Phoebe/Noemi, Terra, Kathleen, Fiona and Cindy, plus a handful of brothel scenes.
-More than 270 images and 290 pages of text added
-19 new scenes added to main game. 5 brothel scenes in addition. 2 new NC scenes, one open to all!

Bug Fixes/Modifications
-Quite a few modifications to characters behind the scenes for future content. This does require a full character reset (does not reset progress/captures!)
-Brothel sequence cannot be started until after you've captured Angelica
-Allowing for a 12 character name for the main character. This may cause text clip issues, go beyond 6 with caution. You must use the main character rename option in system menu to enable this.
-Hearthstone will only show you places you've already visited
-Character Bios added
-Significantly more hints toward where quests are

OP
ker

ker

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: Harem, RPG game. v2c4m2. released 7/29/16 (English, Free)

4m3 patch notes and bonus teasers!
I finished the very last of writing and coding for v2c4m3 today and my testers (big thanks to both Fiktion and Omnibomb) have done numerous runthroughs catching a tonne of bugs and mistakes. We're getting very close to release. They'll keep poking around and since I'm done with content creation I can make a few passes myself. 4m3 Patreon release should be on the 5th, Public on the 26th of August!

v2c4m3
Content Additions
-The end of Kathleen's sequence may have resolved her past, but it was a bit of a cliff-hanger for the rest of Celee. You'll have to work with the Celeean Swords to address this new threat and change your relationship with them fundamentally in the process.
-You control both of the human groups in the Westlands, but the peace between them is shaky at best. You'll need to unify your followers before going further into this new land.
-With a member of the Celeean Swords now part of your Harem, Heather will have additional quests for you.
-Terra, Sarah and Donna all have quests to explore their characters and get sweet unique gear for them as well!
-Added a new shop in Eowen next to Fiona's, Amazing Mechanics, selling off-hand items for those who can't use a shield or duel-wield.
-New Brothel scenes for Donna, Samantha (dark route only), Sarah, Heather and Kathleen
-8 new in game scenes, 5 brothel scenes and two bonus scenes added!
-167 new images, 210 pages of new text!

Bug Fixes/Modifications
-Significant buff to Noemi, giving her new skills and reducing the cost of existing ones.
-Kathleen's Frozen Collar was supposed to be removed at the end of her questline and the stat buffs it gave her transferred to her directly. There was a few scenarios in 4m2 that wouldn't remove the collar, those have now been resolved retroactively.

Attachments

Anako

Reputation score

Looks interesting, a lot more interesting than most of that rpg maker stuff that is all around here.

OP
ker

ker

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

So two big things today: First, the work on 4m3 went extremely well and is ready for release, mostly due to Omnibomb, ofersai and Ichi going above and beyond in testing and helping me clear out the bugs in remarkable time. A huge thanks to all of them! If you want to play it now, my patreon does accept both instant donations and paypal. You can both support development as well as enjoy the great new content ASAP!

Second, Harem got a bit of publicity by getting previewed over at lewdgamer.com A huge thanks to them for their time. Make sure to swing over there, check out some of their other content and maybe even leave some nice comments on the preview!

Finally, there's a few additions to the 4m3 content. I did a lot of work on the quest guide in the game (accessed by the quest log item). Ideally, it should tell you all the quests you are currently on and tell you where you can find more. It's still a wip, please let me know if (when) it's wrong. I've also added a bit more background detail into the Mountain Glory area, letting it evolve as you go through the area. Finally, there's a few teasers for a new character. But that's all I'm going to say on that!

Changelog:
v2c4m3
Content Additions
-The end of Kathleen's sequence may have resolved her past, but it was a bit of a cliff-hanger for the rest of Celee. You'll have to work with the Celeean Swords to address this new threat and change your relationship with them fundamentally in the process.
-You control both of the human groups in the Westlands, but the peace between them is shaky at best. You'll need to unify your followers before going further into this new land.
-With a member of the Celeean Swords now part of your Harem, Heather will have additional quests for you.
-Terra, Sarah and Donna all have quests to explore their characters and get sweet unique gear for them as well!
-Added a new shop in Eowen next to Fiona's, Amazing Mechanics, selling off-hand items for those who can't use a shield or dual-wield.
-New Brothel scenes for Donna, Samantha (dark route only), Sarah, Heather and Kathleen
-8 new in game scenes, 5 brothel scenes and two bonus scenes added!
-167 new images, 210 pages of new text!
-Teased a new character!

Bug Fixes/Modifications
-Significant buff to Noemi, giving her new skills and reducing the cost of existing ones.
-Kathleen's Frozen Collar was supposed to be removed at the end of her questline and the stat buffs it gave her transferred to her directly. There was a few scenarios in 4m2 that wouldn't remove the collar, those have now been resolved retroactively.
-Increased the damage scaling of Terra's spells.
-Improved quest guidance through quest log item, still in beta state.
-Put conditionals into Naitay and Phoebe's brothel stories to adapt to plot/personal progression.
-Cleaned up Eowen as you progress the story to reflect the town rebuilding over time.

Looks interesting, a lot more interesting than most of that rpg maker stuff that is all around here.
I'd love it if you give it a try and let me know what you think!

imercenary

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

The choice to dominate Terra is a dark route choice, which yes focuses on the domination aspect of BDSM/Slavery. Light route handles it significantly differently. Dark route also has your slaves getting into fights, dragging themselves around your castle with leashes and having your harem hold a woman down while you fuck her ass. Nothing of the sort happens on the light route.

The conversation you have in your first trip through the pass makes it explicitly clear that you plan to take them back to your homeland as slaves. The tenor of the conversation is different per route and your harem's rationalizations for accepting that vary, but there's never been any talk of 'setting them free' in the game. The plan is to sell them either to save your people or gain power.

Main plot content is specifically balanced so that you don't have to do sidequests to progress. And I've done it repeatedly without spending gold, just equipping what I find on the way. Heck, I did 99% of it by just equipping loot and setting combat to auto. But this is an RPG and does require a bit of min/maxing.
I... guess...? Maybe I'm missing a bunch of scenes but I've only seen around 5 BDSM/Slavery scenes, half of which was part of recruiting the swordswoman. If the dark route is about BDSM/Slavery, the game is lighter on content than I remember it.

I'm not going to put the ~30 minutes to start a new game and re-read the dialogue of that that part, so lets just say the writing is what it is.

*shrug* I haven't been going into the equipment screen at all, so maybe the game unequiped me at some point and I never reequiped things?

OP
ker

ker

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I... guess...? Maybe I'm missing a bunch of scenes but I've only seen around 5 BDSM/Slavery scenes, half of which was part of recruiting the swordswoman. If the dark route is about BDSM/Slavery, the game is lighter on content than I remember it.

I'm not going to put the ~30 minutes to start a new game and re-read the dialogue of that that part, so lets just say the writing is what it is.

*shrug* I haven't been going into the equipment screen at all, so maybe the game unequiped me at some point and I never reequiped things?
Part of the idea of the rewrite is that I wanted to make the dark route more sensible. Once the woman's already been dominated, there isn't a great reason to drag her down to the dungeon nightly. Now your slaves more into the domination aspect (ie Sarah) or that still resist (Terra, Cecilia) end up with significantly more domination scenes as a result, but I want to keep dark route having proper motivations beyond just being an asshole. A refined, subtle evil is far more interesting imo.
Explained a bit of my goals in the blog when I came back

And unless the woman was a fighter by nature, odds are she won't come with much equipment. Why would a woman waiting for her husband on the beach be wearing a broadsword? Or if another was being dragged naked through a mountain pass, where would she be keeping armor? So yes, you have to get equipment for most of them!

Also, I think you're underestimating the BDSM scenes along the dark route. Donna is blindfolded/handcuffed and has to beg to be your slave before you let her orgasm. Samantha is bound in your dungeon before becoming your slave. Donna is assfucked for talking out of line in her first scene. Samantha attacks Donna and forces her to submit before you force Samantha to submit to you. Sarah's entire dark capture sequence (3 scenes) takes place in your dungeon. Terra's character starts bound and gagged being dragged through a mountain pass for her 'execution' before you fuck the demons out of her.

8 BDSM scenes. The first 8 scenes in the dark route. With many more after that.

Last edited:

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Y'know, I gotta say, for a game that so heavily de-emphasizes the combat part of RPG Maker, it sure has a high-ass encounter rate.

In my opinion, really detracts from the game that I have to mash through some 40-odd mindless encounters per sidequest. The worst I've run into so far have been the armor, which takes some 3-odd turns of wailing on to kill per, and the jungle orcs in the Westland segment, where you're killing 4 groups of 3, 3 times, and it takes about a turn or maybe two to smack one down all the way.

Like, the rest of the game does the smutty-RPG-maker thing pretty decently, with frequent lewds, lots of 3dcg art, lotsa waifus and and surprisingly decent writing, but battling really drags on.

OP
ker

ker

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Y'know, I gotta say, for a game that so heavily de-emphasizes the combat part of RPG Maker, it sure has a high-ass encounter rate.

In my opinion, really detracts from the game that I have to mash through some 40-odd mindless encounters per sidequest. The worst I've run into so far have been the armor, which takes some 3-odd turns of wailing on to kill per, and the jungle orcs in the Westland segment, where you're killing 4 groups of 3, 3 times, and it takes about a turn or maybe two to smack one down all the way.

Like, the rest of the game does the smutty-RPG-maker thing pretty decently, with frequent lewds, lots of 3dcg art, lotsa waifus and and surprisingly decent writing, but battling really drags on.
Ya I really should change the line. The increase in combat is mostly from Patreon votes. The more sidequests I added (with more combat) the more they wanted added. Every time I polled adding more content of that nature won overwhelmingly (75-80%) of the vote. While some people dislike RPGM combat (and believe me I'm one of them) it seems that most people enjoy the reward more if they had to work for it a bit.

But I've intentionally kept combat somewhat easy and put some really OP skills/combos in the game. Kathleen can kill nearly any enemy in 2 turns. Terra can clear packs of trash in two turns as well. Naitay has ridiculous sustained AoE abilities. And more :)

If you want to minimize the time, go into the system menu and disable combat animations. Using Auto each battle is over very quickly.

JouteiKaji

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Using Auto each battle is over very quickly.
And then you get to the boss battles where using Auto each turn is a death sentence.

OP
ker

ker

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

And then you get to the boss battles where using Auto each turn is a death sentence.
I think that's fine :) A boss battle should be noteworthy and if you can just auto-pilot through it it isn't.

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Any chance you could practically add "Auto, except for boss battles" ?

OP
ker

ker

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Any chance you could practically add "Auto, except for boss battles" ?
Not easily, but if you press to the left when in battle you can open up a new menu and set the entire battle to auto so you don't have to keep on pressing auto for each character.

OP
ker

ker

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

A few minor issues with 4m3 that I'll have corrected for 4m4, but some of the stories in 4m4 are burning in my mind and I've started writing them. First one I wanted to work on was Jessica and the Circle Guild. They weren't directly part of any 4m3 content, but they've had interactions with a few of the major characters in 4m3. So 4m4 will have some of those relations updated for the new balance of power that happens in 4m3. And you'll fuck Jessica again (of course!). Different teasers on the Patreon/blog as usual!

Attachments

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I do actually use Auto and have animations off, but I'm still finding it pretty tedious, primarily because of the high encounter rate. I actually JRPG-style/RPG Maker combat, too, but the thing is is that the encounter rate is so high and the battles are so trivial that they don't really add anything. It's hard to get that feeling of satisfaction from leveling up, too, because it seems to me that after your first couple levels every cool new skill comes from events and the like.

Since I'm being all buzzkilly right now though, I do want to say that uhhh... Sarah, I think, your first swordgirl, is pretty amusing. "Yo I know we're in a freaky monster-infested tower right now but we just found a secret bondage dungeon and I really need you to plow me in it."