What's new

ACT [Gorepete] Sakyubasu no Tatakai

Crossbow1701

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Sakyubasu no Tatakai (Original Title: RUSH!)

True, true. I went through the whole game without dash because when I killed the little demon in the tutorial, he died off screen. I seduced him and went for the fuck, but I got warped to the next screen. When I went back, he wasn't there, so no dash for me :/

@Crossbow: Stand really close to the tip of his spear before starting this maneuver. It will give you the time to get close enough when the shield slash starts. He/She? (some people are saying she, I can't tell)
oh i figured it out. It was that i didn't have a complete version of the game for some reason so waiting didn't do anything. The Guardian wouldn't do the shield slash.

Timmy!

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: Sakyubasu no Tatakai

The mask boss is one of the worst made bosses in the history of gaming including small fan made flash games :/
1 small error and you're dead
no save before boss
no hints to beat the boss so you have to die 20 times just to figure out how to beat him
Its not even fun to try to beat him
Conclusion: If i had to choose to play a horrible toonpimp game or beat the mask boss. I'd rather play a horrible toonpimp game.

Johannason

Lurker
Reputation score

My arena boss experience so far:
Hmm... not so bad, big mask coming off of the wall... blades, okay... ah, standard four-corners movement pattern, I'll just jump--WHAT? No moving diagonally, you little... fine.
Okay, now he's gearing up for something, a flame attack, probably a standard pilliar-dispersion... OH GOD FIRE, OH GOD FIRE, IT'S EVERYWHERE, SWEET MOTHER OF--oh, I'm dead.

Alright, let's try this again. Four-corners movement sweep, surprise diagonal... flame attack. Must be a big "do not stand here" warning and I just missed it last--DEAR LORD THE BURNING.
Third try. Here come the flames, lemme jump--alright, I'm in the... wait. The fire ROSE UP and struck me. And I've fallen down into the rest of the... right. Well, this one's a wash.

Getting better at avoiding the blade sweep, still getting incinerated.

Unrelated--Eva being captured by Brig's chains is the hottest pose in the game. Pity it's only visible for a few seconds before Brig invokes "no kill like overkill".

Last edited:
OP
Kusanagi

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

1 small error and you're dead
no save before boss
no hints to beat the boss so you have to die 20 times just to figure out how to beat him
Its not even fun to try to beat him
Welcome to old-school gaming, boy-o!

tentakuru

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I'd give you the "old school gaming" point if the input lag wasn't so awful.

pino

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ok, I replayed it. It takes about 1.5 hour to get where you were before.

Observations: when you beat the Guardian, you get some dialogue and the sex scene. If you beat the Guardian again (grinding for souls like I did), the dialogue and "new skill acquired" keeps popping up. This should be a one-time-only thing.

Furthermore, I was able to grind to 1000 souls by grinding the Guardian. This allowed me to pick the 1000 soul skill and, immediately after that, pick the other 1000 soul skill. Then I saw tester test test stuff for further skills. After getting the 1000 soul skills (for free) I didn't see them in my skill list. Short story: I don't think those skills have been implemented yet :).

Regarding the fire Mask dude in the Arena: it's a pain. I have tried it many times, and I tried jumping up when he rains fire, and then doing a dash, after that a block, and then a throwing weapon skill attack, all just to stay in the air, but you can do only 1 or 2 of these things when you are in the battle. Outside of the battle though, you can jump up, do an airdash, do a block, and even throw the weapon to stay in the air for about 8 seconds. I really have no idea at this point, how I am supposed to beat that fire dude.

Did anyone succeed?

Last edited:

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

Regarding the fire Mask dude in the Arena: it's a pain. I have tried it many times, and I tried jumping up when he rains fire, and then doing a dash, and after that's a block, and I tried to do a throwing weapon skill attack, all just to say in the air, but you can do only 1 or 2 of these things when you are in the battle. Outside of the battle though, you can jump up, do an airdash, do a block, and even throw the weapon to stay in the air for about 8 seconds. I really have no idea at this point, how I am supposed to beat that fire dude.

Did anyone succeed?
I did.
After an hour and a half of trying
and trying
and trying

Oh, you have to effectively do the fight twice, by the way.
Good luck.

I could list off all the things I'm starting to hate about this game, but I realize I'll never get the first game being worked on again
That and I try to vent in the shoutbox

Hentai Finder

Lurker
Reputation score

Did anyone succeed?
Before the Mask starts shooting flames at the ground, move (or dash) to the right side of the screen. Jump into the air and when you reach the peak of the jump, hold down block. Once block has been activated, hold down your attack button (while continuing to hold down block) and hold down the left button. You should automatically dash left. Since you are holding down the block button, you will automatically block. Continue to hold down block and attack, but release the left button (once you have started blocking) and hold down the right button.

Practice this technique before you enter the arena and you should succeed.

(Yes, that is the way you are supposed to beat the Mask and yes, it will take some practice to use this technique)

Last edited:

Lucky777

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I'd give you the "old school gaming" point if the input lag wasn't so awful.
Input lag is pretty horribad shit in any game.

HOWEVER

Gp's done quite a lot to minimse/remove it, even for older computers, and it should be completely nonexistent for relatively recent ones.
I run the thing ALMOST "just fine" ... though CERTAINLY not quite "just fine", on a 6 year old lappy, if I hit up dat lowest quality button.

If your computer is a newer and better system, then make sure you have the right version of flash: 32 bit flash on a 64 bit system APPARENTLY doesn't maximise performance.

If your computer's even older or worse, it may not be the wrong time to think about an upgrade.
...Do try playing on low quality and in a smaller window, though, the game's fukken slow in full screen XD

pino

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Found a weird bug. When I loaded the game being at lvl 10, the power was 33. After leveling up to level 11, the power jumped to 55 when I saved it. Now the power is at 35.

Oh, and the gorgers still gang rape you if you're in the left corner. No way to hit them if they got you cornered.

Wow, I got the fire mask to zero hit points, but nothing happened. This must have to do with "you have to do it twice" Twisted mentioned. I will try again.
Ok, I did it again: you have to wait until the 5 masks return to one, and then seduce.

Last edited:

Timmy!

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Btw game over rape would be awesome if you would lose to certain kind of enemies (like getting abducted and raped where the fairy cant help you) :p

Twisted

Reputation score

Found a weird bug. When I loaded the game being at lvl 10, the power was 33. After leveling up to level 11, the power jumped to 55 when I saved it. Now the power is at 35.

Oh, and the gorgers still gang rape you if you're in the left corner. No way to hit them if they got you cornered.

Wow, I got the fire mask to zero hit points, but nothing happened. This must have to do with "you have to do it twice" Twisted mentioned. I will try again.
Ok, I did it again: you have to wait until the 5 masks return to one, and then seduce.
Yes, and you have to do it again because there's not enough time to fill the rape meter all the way, at least when I did it

pino

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yeah, I still haven't been able to beat the mask.

Instead I tried out fighting the new tenders. It seems that combating them is pretty easy. You have to stay on top of them when they are above ground, and keep pressing attack. Doesn´t matter which way you are facing, they can´t burrow when they get hit and you can keep hitting.

Ok, I finally beat the mask.

Tip: the air jump+block+dash trick mentioned by Hentai Finder works. Thing is though: you have to do it at the moment of the highest (or close) point in the jump. If not, you will still fall in the fire.
Another tip: during the 5 mask situation where they all drop down, you can just walk in between them, once they start to wiggle you can move to the left or right. That part of the stage is pretty easy.
Third tip: you can regenerate health during the razor blade routine, if you first jump over the razorblade mask, and then stand in the left corner and regen. It takes a lot of time before the diagonal razer has passed. Similarly, you can also regen health after the mask finishes the fire spewing routine and moves into the 5 masks.

Last edited:

Twisted

Reputation score

So you jump on top of them?

pino

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Jumping on top is referring to the tenders, right?

They start out above the ground, so if you run close to the edge where they are, you can already slash them. Or if that doesn't work you indeed jump up on top of them. It works beautiful in the room with the two burrowers and the guardian bee. Immediately jump to the left edge where the burrowers are, and keep slashing.

It's a bit harder when you first encounter them, because there is one burrower on the left, and one on the right. You can keep hacking away on one of them by jumping on top of it and keeping slashing, but in the mean time the other one will spit acid at you. So that makes it a bit harder. The way I dealt with it, is that I would keep hacking away and then when I'd say the acid spit coming up I'd do a weird jumping up diagonal to the right and left dance, until they'd pop up again on top of the ground and jump on top of one, and keep hacking.

Hope this makes sense :).

OP
Kusanagi

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Latest update says he lost a ton of work, and updates 5/16 part 2 and 5/16 part 3 are crossed out. Don't have time to play it right now to be sure, but that might mean that he lost that progress.

Ayra

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Whoa! It had been forever since I last played this (Very beginning of chapter 1 was the furthest you could get), but it's certainly grown leaps and bounds since then!

The game certainly plays much better than it used to. It's smoother, lags less and is less clunky overall. And you can now shield block while going downward, yay!

As strange as it sounds, I'd say the writing is the greatest strength of the game for me. It's pretty funny and often clever. I've mentionned it before, but it's certainly extremely refreshing to play as a seducing succubus instead of the usual victim or male protagonist, especially one as witty as her. It's also nice to see some abilities "customized" to fit her nature, like the honey pot.

Gameplay-wise, there's still the occasional weirdness or kink though. For example, having to dash-attack through the angel's laser beam felt completely counter-intuitive: I admit it did take me a lot of deaths to figure that out but trying to block the laser or to jump/fly over it (You can't) made a lot more sense to me. Having to swing once before you can dash attack while on the ground also feels strange, especially since you can dash attack in the air directly without any prior attack. The "get continuously hit until you die" thing when hit when in a corner is annoying too. You are invincible during the "you are being hit" animation, but since you don't have any invincibility frames in which you can actually move, you often get hit multiple times for a single mistake without any hope of being able to recover unless the enemy decide not to attack at that moment (so recovery from a mistake is more luck-based than anything else).

Thanks for making that mask monster optional: Tried it a few times and I decided that it's not worth the effort and frustration, especially due to having to redo the entire arena each try. If it was a forced encounter, I'd have quit playing the game even though it was very enjoyable otherwise. So for one, I definitively prefer having the uber-challenging enemies optional and have more reasonably challenging enemies for the mandatory elements of the game.

Gorepete

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Indeed, I hit a pretty large setback. Flash decided to crash in the middle of saving the game, so it corrupted the source FLA file. Luckily, I am pretty meticulous about back ups, so I had an archive FLA of the initial 5/16 release. And because I make my animations in a seperate FLA file, I have the new ability and Tender sex animation backed up as well. It is just a matter of wasting a development day or two to "catch back up" to where I was last night.

Very, depressing, though. Having to go back and re-correct bugs and everything is pretty demotivating.

@Ayra - Thank you! I am glad you are enjoying the game! I have had similar discussions during the live stream and on the LoK forums. Before release, I plan on going back and adding a few more tutorials that explain more advanced combat strategy: like using an air block (which has longer duration that ground block) to avoid heavy ground attacks (Angel's lazer for example); and Air Dashing into a Block, back into another Air Dash to stay in flight longer (critical to Arena Boss).

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Sorry to hear about the setback. I know how demoralizing that can be. One suggestion: PLEASE don't listen to the whining about making the arena boss easier. Its current difficulty is fine, and that will make the reward that much more rewarding. I would however suggest one small change to the arena structure. Right now, getting through the mooks beforehand is pretty easy. Not faceroll easy, but easy enough that you have to make a pretty bad mistake to die (getting cornered by gorgers is one). It's pretty frustrating and takes away from the overall experience of the game if you have to fight through all those just to get a chance to fight the boss. Give some sort of check point - add a flag for the oversized gorger, and once you've beaten that, make it possible to skip straight to the boss for subsequent fights. Or just spawn a save point between the two fights. Something along those lines.

Thanks for the great work - keep it up! Can't wait to see more.

Hentai Finder

Lurker
Reputation score

@ Gorepete: Potential Bug. After defeating the Mask, the Mask armor states that it has been acquired, but their isn't any option in the equipment armor section. Also, the sex gallery does not show the mask animation either.

Last edited: