What's new

Games Discussion Thread

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: Games Discussion Thread

Just started playing Automata. Pretty cool gameplay, I must say. Haven't tried to peek under the girl's skirt even once, I was so focused on the mechanics. OK, maybe this one time... but I was testing the camera movements, al right? :p

"Everything that lives is designed to end."
And you know it's a Japanese game when it starts all philosophical on you :)

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Meanwhile, on the Andromeda front, surprising NOBODY IN THE WORLD EVER, scumbag "journalists" using animation issues in Andromeda to push their political views. Basically, rabid fans attack a woman who had NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GAME over some shithead claiming she was the lead animator.

Having played the 10 hour trial I can say this with certainty. The animations and facial rigging is the same as every Bioware game in recent years, not good. But those are the only flaws I can find with the game. The actual combat is engaging and fast-paced, the enemy AI is actually rather well-developed, and the multiplayer is addictive as hell. All in all, it's not anywhere near as terrible as the haters make it out to be. I can forgive animation fuckups in exchange for good gameplay, but that's just my opinion that sacrificing gameplay for narrative is unacceptable.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Shit man, I'm still playing Minecraft for fuck's sake. Some glassy-eyed NPCs aren't gonna ruin the game for me, nor will some butthurt nay-sayers.

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Eh. I did forget to mention the game has some very weird audio issues. Between non-dialogue audio just randomly cutting out then coming back a few seconds later and dialogue sometimes glitching and being played a second before the actual animations, there's some flaws there. Overall, if I believed in a numerical rating system. (Which I don't, numerical, arbitrary ratings are retarded.) I'd say it'd be above average somewhere on that.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm pretty sure at this point, those who buy the Mass Effect games don't really care about top tier animation and facial quality

It never was the series' strong point, but it does make for a good punching bag and quality amusement

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Goddam it, that means the hair's shit, isn't it? Is it too much to ask for decent hair and eyebrows in these things?

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Shame Mass Effect isn't moddable, it could easily rival the Elder Scrolls I bet for waifu modifications.

dudes_tractor_yeah

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Mass Effect: Autismeda is not a game but a meme generator.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I think you mean meme propagator. As this version didn't START the memes.

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So im 18 hours into Nier and am conflicted on a few minor gameplay points but all together im loving it so far, enyone elce into it?

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Denuvo, so no.

Once it's cracked then I'll think about playing/buying it, same with ME:A.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

As a friend of mine of that persuasion complained about Mass Effect Andromeda-

There is a trophy for romancing 3 people in one game
But only 2 M/M relationships, one of which is apparently a minor NPC off on a side area far away that has almost no lines.

Bioware did not think this one through

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

QQ?

Sorry, but in case nobody remembers homosexuals are still a minority (and will hopefully remain so, lest our species face extinction). Honestly this is a really, REALLY forgivable oversight.

I mean, maybe alien homosexuals don't exist. Not that far-fetched a concept. One that bioware patently ignored to please a fraction of the population.

Last edited:

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Given that Bioware has been rather progressive with handling in-game relationships/orientations, I can see how the amount of potential romances + the requirements for the achievement would be problematic. I haven't delved too much into peripheral stuff for the game, so I'd be curious to see how the breakdown of romances falls, keeping the achievement in mind.* (Like DAI's "Solus is fem elf only, Bull is Pan, Cullen is Fem Elf/Human, etc")

I can agree that it sucks, like I said, especially with their offerings in the past. Not ragequit worthy, at least in my camp, but it definitely sucks.

*However, I do *not* want to see it because I'm trying to remain spoiler free, at least for the time being.

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

SO! Forty hours into Andromeda's storyline.

The Good: The gameplay is fucking stellar this time around, the best of the series, and the complete freedom to be whatever kind of character you want to be combat-wise only helps this fact. There have been a few minor hitches with the automated cover, but nothing that's gotten me killed or frustrated me. As well, the storyline is rather interesting and engaging.

The Bad: The multiplayer is hilariously imbalanced, and disgustingly difficult even on the easiest difficulty, not to mention the unholy amount of enemies that can instant-kill you the moment your shields go down. Still a lot of fun, just needs some balancing to make it truly great.

The Ugly
: Where to even begin. The faces are like porcelain dolls, the facerigging is...Very lackluster, even by Bioware standards. I've not had any major animation bugs myself, but there's plenty of evidence from others that the animations can screw up pretty bad.

All in all, I'd say Andromeda is worth a buy if you want a challenging co-op experience, or if you can get past the animations and terrible faces and enjoy the actual gameplay and storyline. All in all I'd say it's pretty worth the asking price, as you'll be practically guaranteed at least a hundred hours or more of content in the Single Player alone.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Is combat still rock/paper/scissors with abilities?

Swear I just sat behind cover slinging them for 90% of my ME3 hard-run.

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

I don't know about that, I don't play on higher difficulties. But there's way more powers and more room for creativity, plus with the way the game's enemy AI works, sitting in one spot an entire encounter just doesn't work, as they WILL realize they can flank you and do so. As well, powers have a longer average cooldown now, in addition to being on their own cooldowns instead of globals, so you will have to get down and dirty and use your weapon every so often.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

The reason for aforementioned behavior was the fact that there wasn't enough ammo present in levels to kill enemies using guns.

I'm not saying I blame them. It's just kind of comical to see combat reduced to that.