Those people don't need a lawyer. They need therapy

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Games Discussion Thread

Bioware is finally giving us details about Mass Effect Andromeda, and I'm still pretty invested!

Things to note: You're no longer locked into one class. Rather, there are three branches that you can freely distribute points to - Combat, Tech, Biotics. You can then get a set of passives if you've put enough points into specific skill trees, which replace classes and can be swapped out at any time. The whole system is ripped wholesale from Kingdoms of Amalur, and I'm absolutely okay with that. The designers of KoA worked on Andromeda, if reddit is to be believed.

You can set power "favourites" - 4 sets with 3 powers each. You can switch between favourites in combat, but the entire set goes into cooldown. Not really a fan of that, since it probably limits replayability.

At this point, it looks like there will be 6 squad mates. Notably absent is a white human male. Human Female - Black Human Male - Krogan - Turian Female - Asari - Angara (new alien race).

Last edited:

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Bioware is finally giving us details about Mass Effect Andromeda, and I'm still pretty invested!

Things to note: You're no longer locked into one class. Rather, there are three branches that you can freely distribute points to - Combat, Tech, Biotics. You can then get a set of passives if you've put enough points into specific skill trees, which replace classes and can be swapped out at any time. The whole system is ripped wholesale from Kingdoms of Amalur, and I'm absolutely okay with that. The designers of KoA worked on Andromeda, if reddit is to be believed.

You can set power "favourites" - 4 sets with 3 powers each. You can switch between favourites in combat, but the entire set goes into cooldown. Not really a fan of that, since it probably limits replayability.

At this point, it looks like there will be 6 squad mates. Notably absent is a white human male. Human Female - Black Human Male - Krogan - Turian Female - Asari - Kett (new alien race).
To clarify some features I myself have found out through watching Ian Frazier's twitter, him being the project lead for Andromeda.

Firstly, on Favorites. PC players WILL be getting their own keybinds they can bind each favorite to if you aren;t a fan of the radial menu.

Second, the Kett are actually the antagonists, the last Alien squadmate is actually an Angaran, which is another Andromeda native species.

Thirdly, crafting is apparently a very major part of the game. As well, you can apparently hybridize guns to an extent. Ian Frazier confirmed one such gun as his "favorite" gun in Andromeda, a Revenant that worked on an overheat system rather than the thermal clip system. Many guns from ME3 are returning, and will likely be part of this crafting system. EDIT: It's been confirmed on some unofficial forums by Frazier himself, that in order to get overheat functionality, it requires an item called a Vintage Heat Sink, which is used as part of weapon crafting to give it Overheat mechanics. Segueing from that, you're going to be able to bring multiple weapons of the same type along with you. Want to have two assault rifles? Perfectly alright.

Edit the First of Many: Frazier confirms both color editting of armor AND casual outfits.

Edit the second: I couldn't find the tweet exactly, but it is confirmed the multiplayer's progression model will be the same as ME3's, where you don;t just up and buy your gear or characters, it's all random chance from lootcrates you buy with credits, though it is NOT confirmed if they'll be available through microtransactions or not, though the Super Deluxe edition gives you one free Premium pack every week for 20 weeks, and that is the only benefit of it over the regular Deluxe edition, so it's safe to say microtransactions for packs are probably going to be a thing.

Edit the third: Ammo powers are no longer powers, but consumables that last for the next 3 reloads of your gun. Unconfirmed just how this works for Overheat weapons.

Edit the Fourth: Both behavioral and stat settings for both enemies and allies change, based on your difficulty setting.

Edit 5: PC SPECS!
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5 3570 or AMD FX-6350
MEMORY: 8 GB RAM
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB, AMD Radeon 7850 2GB
HARD DRIVE: At least 55 GB of free space
DIRECTX: DirectX 11

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD FX-8350
MEMORY: 16 GB RAM
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB, AMD RX 480 4GB
HARD DRIVE: At least 55 GB of free space
DIRECTX: DirectX 11

Edit 6: New Andromeda Initiative video out today, so any interested in the game and free stuff should sign in using their Origin account to give it a look-see. Also the newest video shows off some rather...Interesting mods for guns. For those not interested in watching all that, I can confirm there appears to be a mod to turn your gun into something similar to the M-37 Falcon, and what appears to be an undermounted short-range electric stream.

EDIT 7: Ian Frazier answers PCGamer's questions. Also, apparently the game was just officially marked "GOLD", meaning everything they can do to get it ready for launch is done. Now it's working on Day 1 patch and DLC's for Bioware, most likely.

Also of note, the pre-order bonuses, for those who still pre-order, are the same for all platforms, and all the pre-order bonuses are included in the Deluxe or Super Deluxe edition, if you're so inclined to acquire those.

Expect further edits as news comes in through the pipeline.

Last edited:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Notably absent is a white human male..
Because everyone knows WHMs are the protags. Want the universe saved? Find yourself a WHM.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Because everyone knows WHMs are the protags. Want the universe saved? Find yourself a WHM.
Given the fact that this is a Bioware game, I wouldn't be surprised if your WHM protag can actually be a POC. I was going to say "possibly blue" but the protags are human and we don't naturally come in that color. Though I did see a tumble at one point that was something along the lines of "I don't care how good the graphics in Andromeda are, for the love of God, give us decent hairstyles."

Watched the videos, too. Liking some of those customizations they've got going on. Since it's fun to Pull enemies and then be able to scope in and shoot them in the head...though that's a little rough to do when carrying a sniper rifle limits your ammo and/or cuts your cooldown.

Last edited:
OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Given the fact that this is a Bioware game, I wouldn't be surprised if your WHM protag can actually be a POC.
Pretty much my thoughts, too. People want a WHM so badly, they can make their main character one - or find one of the many, many other games where the MC is a mid-thirty, brown-haired guy. Hell, most of the promo material that features Ryder uses the female one - and she doesn't even look to be all that white, either.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Pretty much my thoughts, too. People want a WHM so badly, they can make their main character one - or find one of the many, many other games where the MC is a mid-thirty, brown-haired guy. Hell, most of the promo material that features Ryder uses the female one - and she doesn't even look to be all that white, either.
Reminds me of how they started using FemShep to promote ME3 and apparently sensitive members of the fan community lost their bleeding minds because OMFG It's not MShep! I almost always go back to , too.

Personally, I love Bioware for the diversity they throw in, but I've already gone on those tangents back when DAI was coming out.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Am I going to HAVE to have an origin account to play? I mean I have one, I don't have any recollection of the name/pass though.

In other gaming news Berserk and the band of the hawk! Do not buy.

Granted I'm thrilled a medium other than the manga has made it past the god fucking awful slog that is the golden age arc (that they just keep making anime of), and is actually playable (I remember a dreamcast game that I couldn't get past the opening of).

Unfortunately the gameplay is boring as all hell, even for a dynasty warriors clone, and I typically enjoy dynasty warriors clones! Add to that the long ass load times which as far as I can tell are exclusively because of cinematics (you can watch extra story snippets in between levels and they take just as long to load as levels, some being less than 15 seconds long) and you get 10 hours of 'why am I doing this' with 4-5 hours of story.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Why are they so afraid of Dragonslayer-wielding, cannon-arm, demon-killing Guts? Is it because that Guts is so morality gritty that you could lay him down and use him as a driveway?

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Am I going to HAVE to have an origin account to play? I mean I have one, I don't have any recollection of the name/pass though.
Considering the only platform it's available on PC through is Origin, and the MP requires an origin account, most likely. Although apparently you WILL be able to do solo-MP content without an internet connection. But if you can find a way to download and install it without origin, sure, you can probably play the SP without Origin. Dunno why you'd go through that trouble, Origin isn't nearly as terrible as people seem to make it out to be.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Well, I find myself in a unique predicament of having an origin account already, and not remembering the details. They get pretty pissy if you try to create a new one.

Pretty odd that they're planning on offline multiplayer though... it's like they're saying: "We don't care if you pirate this". Which does have the odd effect of making me feel more inclined to pay for it. Is bioware psy-oping me?

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

MAybe, but as a note, the ONLY MP content you can undertake offline is, understandably, doing missions solo. There won;t be any split-screen or LAN capability at first.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, I find myself in a unique predicament of having an origin account already, and not remembering the details. They get pretty pissy if you try to create a new one.

Pretty odd that they're planning on offline multiplayer though... it's like they're saying: "We don't care if you pirate this". Which does have the odd effect of making me feel more inclined to pay for it. Is bioware psy-oping me?
Tried the password recovery bit? CB was having issues and that helped get back into the account. Course, you usually have to know the account *name* too, I think, so might not work but worth a shot.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Tried the password recovery bit? CB was having issues and that helped get back into the account. Course, you usually have to know the account *name* too, I think, so might not work but worth a shot.
No idea what it could be, and I somehow managed to get locked out of the yahoo account that had that stuff in it. Which of course is being a stubborn bitch, my damn diablo 3 account got hacked and someone got in it so I changed the password to something long, wrote it down, had to change it for one of their "your password is too old" bullshits, wrote that down, set up a forwarding service and now cannot get in. Which would have been fine, as somehow the forwarding service was still working, up untill about a week ago when they did some other bullshit.

TL;DR boo yahoo email

Why are they so afraid of Dragonslayer-wielding, cannon-arm, demon-killing Guts? Is it because that Guts is so morality gritty that you could lay him down and use him as a driveway?
Probably because of the odd young woman/loli harem. By the end of this Guts is going to be able to use them as bullets. Or nobody wants to deal with the absurd plot armor the big bads have 'Oh a dimension rending blade? I'll just freeze the cut in time and use it for what I want'. How the fuck do you power up your protagonist to be able to deal with that when he starts out just above human? Especially when his superpower is rage and 'ooops if you rage too hard you lose, tee hee!'.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

No idea what it could be, and I somehow managed to get locked out of the yahoo account that had that stuff in it. Which of course is being a stubborn bitch, my damn diablo 3 account got hacked and someone got in it so I changed the password to something long, wrote it down, had to change it for one of their "your password is too old" bullshits, wrote that down, set up a forwarding service and now cannot get in. Which would have been fine, as somehow the forwarding service was still working, up untill about a week ago when they did some other bullshit.

TL;DR boo yahoo email

Probably because of the odd young woman/loli harem. By the end of this Guts is going to be able to use them as bullets. Or nobody wants to deal with the absurd plot armor the big bads have 'Oh a dimension rending blade? I'll just freeze the cut in time and use it for what I want'. How the fuck do you power up your protagonist to be able to deal with that when he starts out just above human? Especially when his superpower is rage and 'ooops if you rage too hard you lose, tee hee!'.
Blegh on that. Well, wish you luck.

And I'm sitting here going...Guts + Harem what? There were like, 3 women in the anime (Casca, the Queen, and the Princess...4 if you count Griffin *snerk*) And even in the manga...Casca, Princess, Queen, Witchgirl. Did he pick up more when I stopped being able to get the manga or is this just developer stuff going "we need more jiggle physics in the game?"

The man beheaded a horse ffs. Sounds like they've got their lore skewed all to hell.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Blegh on that. Well, wish you luck.

And I'm sitting here going...Guts + Harem what? There were like, 3 women in the anime (Casca, the Queen, and the Princess...4 if you count Griffin *snerk*) And even in the manga...Casca, Princess, Queen, Witchgirl. Did he pick up more when I stopped being able to get the manga or is this just developer stuff going "we need more jiggle physics in the game?"

The man beheaded a horse ffs. Sounds like they've got their lore skewed all to hell.
Spoiler alert? Kinda... total number of his party members and number of girls in that party.
Yeah, he now does have a full blown party... 4 girls + female fairy... Of 12 people total (Guts included).
Not mentioning all girls that were left here and there...

Also, right now you can get up to 37th volume (38th tba) from amazon... or most recent chapter via fan scan translations...
Or both, like me - one for shelf, one for tablet to read on xD

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So I guess if there's a shower scene in Mass Effect Andromeda, they won't shower in their underwear no more:

Now just how far that gets you, I don't know. Dragon Age: Inquisition had free tits and butts in its romance scenes.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Spoiler alert? Kinda... total number of his party members and number of girls in that party.
Yeah, he now does have a full blown party... 4 girls + female fairy... Of 12 people total (Guts included).
Not mentioning all girls that were left here and there...

Also, right now you can get up to 37th volume (38th tba) from amazon... or most recent chapter via fan scan translations...
Or both, like me - one for shelf, one for tablet to read on xD
I've only just caught up to vol 37. Seems to be an even split at 10, though I don't count magnifico because he's obvious kill-bait, and the fiancee is gonna be done once he figures out
farnese has a lady-boner for guts
Honestly I'm surprised we've gotten this far w/o any party members being rapekilled, farnese being the most obvious candidate (one encounter with Slan and she's done).

The man beheaded a horse ffs.
I can't remember a time when this was considered an amazing thing for guts to have achieved.

Last edited:

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I've only just caught up to vol 37. Seems to be an even split at 10, though I don't count magnifico because he's obvious kill-bait, and the fiancee is gonna be done once he figures out
farnese has a lady-boner for guts
Honestly I'm surprised we've gotten this far w/o any party members being rapekilled, farnese being the most obvious candidate (one encounter with Slan and she's done).
Well, I am at vol 39 atm, because as I said, I grab scanlations from web and get volumes when available (though, I don't even read them :p).
I would say that not getting killed is true... but applies only to this party :D

Damn, maybe I should buy this Berserk game just for pure fun of mowing down enemies... But I am such a cheap bastard... I refuse to pay more than 20 eur and as this is koei... I don't expect any super sales for this any time... :|

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Been playing the new Torment. It's good. Lacks some of the original's... originality but it is a good spiritual successor.

Also, Gut's harem? Nnnnot really?

I mean, the witch has a crush on him but he's only got eyes for Casca... who currently hates him. The crusader woman is trying to move on from him. And the female fairy? WTF? She's never shown an ounce of affection for him!

Plus, the party is pretty well balanced, gender-wise. We've got the kid, the badass knight with a equally badass mustache, Puck, Guts himself, and the crusader's brother. Oh, and the captain dude, who is pretty cool I guess.