What's new

Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

I've had screen flickering deselecting for a while now so that can't be it, changing priority doesn't change many things and I don't believe I'm using a lot I've never seen my CPU or memory go over 40%.

I've had to install a script which boosts performance when using a lot of actors or events in maps and it has boosted it significantly. The movement is a lot more forgiving strangely enough i still get little bits of like screen stuttering I don't recall that happening before i mean screen stuttering in the way frames aren't as smooth as they should be.
As for flickering, I have it too (for as long as I remember), but only in full-screen and "Reduce Screen Flickering" option doesn't change a thing here - learned to play RM games in a window... thankfully there are apps designed to stretch app window which work with RMVX/RMVXA.
Well, CPU below 40% is no indication if you have multi-core CPU, as RM games use only one core (and I'm pretty sure that this core is at 100% almost all the time). In RMXP, built-in FPS counter was good method to measure performance, but it works weird in RMVXA - like it's frozen sometimes. You can still try to use it to gauge performance.
The only stuttering I ever saw in RM games was related to very low FPS, and having "Reduce Screen Flickering" option enabled was usually making games more prone to stuttering, but if it's not it, I really have no idea, what could cause it.

YllariusCroceus

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

As for flickering, I have it too (for as long as I remember), but only in full-screen and "Reduce Screen Flickering" option doesn't change a thing here - learned to play RM games in a window... thankfully there are apps designed to stretch app window which work with RMVX/RMVXA.
Well, CPU below 40% is no indication if you have multi-core CPU, as RM games use only one core (and I'm pretty sure that this core is at 100% almost all the time). In RMXP, built-in FPS counter was good method to measure performance, but it works weird in RMVXA - like it's frozen sometimes. You can still try to use it to gauge performance.
The only stuttering I ever saw in RM games was related to very low FPS, and having "Reduce Screen Flickering" option enabled was usually making games more prone to stuttering, but if it's not it, I really have no idea, what could cause it.
iirc s/he has a 3.3ghz which is MORE than enough to run RPG games at full speed (I'm only running 2.4ghz and I have no issues)

Could prolly run an FPS counter with something like FRAPS.

It's interesting that the script gave you a performance boost, because your computer isn't being taxed by normal use. I'm still curious if it's not a HDD speed issue, I still recommened checking defrag if you havn't/don't do it regularly.

as far as screen stretching I use winexp to fake borderless fullscreen. <3 Handy as hell, because actually fullscreening breaks VLC on my second monitor.

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

iirc s/he has a 3.3ghz which is MORE than enough to run RPG games at full speed (I'm only running 2.4ghz and I have no issues)

Could prolly run an FPS counter with something like FRAPS.

It's interesting that the script gave you a performance boost, because your computer isn't being taxed by normal use. I'm still curious if it's not a HDD speed issue, I still recommened checking defrag if you havn't/don't do it regularly.

as far as screen stretching I use winexp to fake borderless fullscreen. <3 Handy as hell, because actually fullscreening breaks VLC on my second monitor.
That's RPGMaker for you. No matter how fast CPU you have, most RM games will eat 100% of used CPU core or maps and in some cases cause slowdowns. Hardware acceleration was supposedly introduced in RMVX, and even though there is a small performance boost (comparing to RMXP), which would suggest some optimization, I wouldn't call this hardware acceleration - GFX card has no impact on performance, or it's negligible.

Vanilla RM scripts not only aren't optimized, but in some cases create situations where way more resources are used then needed. Good script can improve performance a lot, but without proper hardware acceleration it's not much in the grand scheme of things.

@ToaruLL
Forgot to mention anti-virus - try disabling it while playing.

Karl99

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ok fairly simple question. I've found a working copy of viper RSR out there however whilst it comes with saves it comes with no instructions about how to actually use those saves. I'm having to run the program from deamon tools lite and it's not clear where the game is putting the saves nor can i find any kind of walkthrough to just play through the game.

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Ok fairly simple question. I've found a working copy of viper RSR out there however whilst it comes with saves it comes with no instructions about how to actually use those saves. I'm having to run the program from deamon tools lite and it's not clear where the game is putting the saves nor can i find any kind of walkthrough to just play through the game.
The game put the file in window registry.
If you grab a save, you just use it like an exe file (double clic), it will install the save in the registry. Just start the game after that and you got it all ready to enjoy the scene (hope you like rape, that's all you got in viper game - but top quality work. Too bad they disappeard).

Karl99

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ok tried that but nope, my save i made to test that saves where functional is still showing, but no new saves are and the scene select is still blank.

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Ok tried that but nope, my save i made to test that saves where functional is still showing, but no new saves are and the scene select is still blank.
sorry then, that how i remember it.
I could try to search my backup HD for the sace I had to check, but it will take some time to found it ...

edit : found the file. Try it - extract, use and play. Looking back, the game had 2 versions : Cd and DvD. The DvD being better quality, it's nearly the only one being shared, and all the save I ever found are for the DvD version, maybe you have (had ?) a problem between DvD and CD version between your game and the save ?

Attachments

Last edited:

guyver

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

was wondering if there are programs like Libellule's patcher for games that aren't covered from it, like this.

snakefishxxx

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
What's missing???

Hey this is my first thread and I hope I do it right:D. Moving on, there are a couple of games I downloaded that I can't seem to get working. I'm clearly missing something if anyone knows what program/application i'm missing for these games please let me know and instruct me in detail how to use them.

Following Games: ZYX BINETSU KYOUSHI CHERRY, ZYX SAGARA SANCHI NO ETSURAKU LIFE, Loli Hoi SP Yaechan Remember, School Girl Courage Test 1-5, (Flash) Ryina of Liaoning brothel district, (VN) Discipline The Record of the Crusade, (VN) Kangoku Senkan 2 (Prison Battleship 2) – Brainwashing modification in the Fortified City, Anoko tachi Game Center Pettanko Park, PLUSETA MIKOTOCHANS SECRET TOY, SHOKU - SISTER YURI, The Guts! Maximum Maternity! and Violated Heroine.

Much Obliged;)

djweish

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: What's missing???

Hey this is my first thread and I hope I do it right:D. Moving on, there are a couple of games I downloaded that I can't seem to get working. I'm clearly missing something if anyone knows what program/application i'm missing for these games please let me know and instruct me in detail how to use them.

Following Games: ZYX BINETSU KYOUSHI CHERRY, ZYX SAGARA SANCHI NO ETSURAKU LIFE, Loli Hoi SP Yaechan Remember, School Girl Courage Test 1-5, (Flash) Ryina of Liaoning brothel district, (VN) Discipline The Record of the Crusade, (VN) Kangoku Senkan 2 (Prison Battleship 2) – Brainwashing modification in the Fortified City, Anoko tachi Game Center Pettanko Park, PLUSETA MIKOTOCHANS SECRET TOY, SHOKU - SISTER YURI, The Guts! Maximum Maternity! and Violated Heroine.

Much Obliged;)
For RPG Maker games, you'll need the runtime packages. Check here:

and here:

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: What's missing???

Following Games: ZYX BINETSU KYOUSHI CHERRY, ZYX SAGARA SANCHI NO ETSURAKU LIFE, Loli Hoi SP Yaechan Remember, School Girl Courage Test 1-5, (Flash) Ryina of Liaoning brothel district, (VN) Discipline The Record of the Crusade, (VN) Kangoku Senkan 2 (Prison Battleship 2) – Brainwashing modification in the Fortified City, Anoko tachi Game Center Pettanko Park, *PLUSETA* MIKOTOCHANS SECRET TOY, SHOKU - SISTER YURI, The Guts! Maximum Maternity! and Violated Heroine.

Much Obliged;)
Bolded don't work well on newer OS's (Win 7 and up, especially x64, you might find cracks but those don't work well either)

Purplish you need to put the .exe in Windows XP/Vista compatibility mode

Underlined unless you put the "Other School" as a numbered game, they aren't up to #5 yet :p

And *PlusETA*, you probably need a codec (CCCP or K-lite will do wonders)

Last edited:

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Rin Umiko said:
On Windows 7:

Step 1: get to the Control Panel some way or another (Start -> Control Panel)
Step 2: Open the Region and Language window (Change keyboards or other input method)
Step 3: Go to Administrative tab (you may need to log in as an administrator)
Step 4: Click the Change system locale... button. Choose Japanese(Japan) in the drop down list.
Step 5: Click OK to close all the windows opened until now. Restart when prompted.

Hope that will help, somehow.
There are like a million posts on this topic, so I don't know if this has been answered already. I've always been wary of changing my settings to Japanese because I used a shared computer and I didn't know if someone would know they were changed. Also, I've never seen it before, so I have a few questions.

1. After doing this, will all the windows menus still be in english? So I can turn it back easier?

2. Is turning it back to english just as easy as turning it to japanese? and are there any lasting effects of switching back and forth?

3. Do I only have to switch the settings to install the game? Like after I install, can I go back to english and just use AppLocale to run it? The game in question is this one. http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=28452
Normally I just use AppLocale for games and unzipping, but this one requires an install.

Thanks!

Karl99

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks that worked :).

Avaz

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

whenever I play RPG Maker MV games after a while the game closed itself, anyone know why?

Last edited:

ElectrikMadness

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is VNR supposed to translate all games? I tried it with ビッチ・ジェーケー・イン・アールピージー体験版 and it won't show any text like the other games I tried it with.

darkdesire666

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Anyone know how to rip gifs/resources from an exe file?

I've been trying to get some gifs from a game that only has a .exe file (it uses sprite animations in game). I've tried unpacking it using ResourcesExtract, but ended up with corrupt .bin files. Also tried Resource hacker, but don't get anything useful. A few icons, words, but that's it.

Does anyone know how to extract gifs and the like from an exe file and wouldn't mind sharing the method? I would be eternally grateful :)

Hishin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm having a problem with WOLF RPG games in general, or two of them in particular at least.

One is "[RJ153925] Netorare Imouto Misaki" as translated by user m1zuki.
Two is "[H-VN] A Boy and his Perverted Oneesans' Happy H Apartment Life" Also translated by the same guy (I think?)

When i used applocale on either games it would show a crappy font not at all the one needed to play the game, and now that I switched to japan unicode for my system it wont show ANY text.

m1zuki told me to try installing the MS Gothic font type but even installing that doesnt change anything.

ElectrikMadness

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Does anyone knows how to download from sukebei? it says that I need vuze as a client but there is no button to download the torrent after I intalled vuze. I tried copying and pasting the url into to vuze but I keep getting a message that it's not a torrent file.

Karl99

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ok so i decided to track down some more Viper games, however i've finially run into an issue I can't get any of the save files for ViperCTR to work, based on a few comments on another forum it's a case of it being designed for pre-NT systems resulting in it missplacing the registery entries. But i know next to nothing about how to fix this. Anyone got a win 8 working save or a detailed explanation of how to fix?

EDIT: nvm figured it out if anyone ewnats the file just say.

Last edited: