What's new

Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

z3r0theblade

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: RPGmaker problem

^

90% of the times this is it.
in my opinion the resone this happens is because the game detects multiple key presses but doesn't register the key releases this would be a problem in the base engine so this can happen in any game but is only likely to happen in areas that the game starts to lag

another thing that may cause this problem is if the action happens to fast so if you have a sensitive keyboard or a high sensitivity gaming keyboard and this happens (you have been warned)
:pso one thing that i forgot to put there with the keyboard part was that most controllers are stupid sensitivity and require a huge input buffer i have a Logitech f710 wireless controller it can run in two different input modes (can't remember what they are called) but one mode that most new controllers work with the issue happens 90% of the time in the other mode works perfectly

(:))note) again this opinion is from personal experience so what may happen for me is not necessarily going to be the case for all and i could always be wrong)

DwDuck

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
RGSS2 & RGSS3 stopped working... sometimes

Alright I don't have a clue what I could do... I didn't have any problems running any of the RPG maker games. A couple of days ago I tried to run the "Knights of Pride" Demo (http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=28594) which crashed after I made the first decision in the game.

Now I realized that also the "Officer Cloe" Trial doesn't work (another crash right after the beginning).

Also "Fountains of Mana" doesn't work anymore, which it did a couple of days ago...

But then again some games, like "Runes Pharmacy" or "Overwhored" still run perfectly.

I already tried the following things:

A) Reinstalling RPG maker(s) runtime packages -> didn't help.
B) Switched my computers location setting back and forth -> didn't help.
C) Switching to an older video driver (nvidia) -> didn't help.
D) Cleaning the registry (deleted every enterbrain related entry) -> nothing...

Does anyone have any idea what could have happened or even better: has a solution for my problem?

willaberhaben

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: RGSS2 & RGSS3 stopped working... sometimes

I usually saw that error with agth and forgetting to uncheck that translate with atlas option.

bankss

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
General problem with RPG-Maker games

Lot of times, when I'm playing rpg-maker games, on certain events, the game closes reporting that game/audio/(Japanese letters) is missing, but when I check the file is there.

Im ussing Japanese Applocale, and I think that the problem is with the unzipper and the non-unicode characters.

Anyone has any idea of how to make it run or what unzipper use? :confused:

Last edited:

Mill

Reputation score
Re: General problem with RPG-Maker games

I used to just get that when i forgot to use applocale when unziping it.
or forget to run the game with applocale some times...

but ever since my lil bro updated our comp to windows 10;
even if i properly use applocale with 7zip i get it on games.

hell, some games just refuse to unzip properly after the switch.
wont even let me redo some rtps

and i cant just switch over the comp's locale
because for whatever reason it messes up stuff on our comp.
Especially when we play mmos.

So if its a windows vers messing with ya then idk what to tell ya.
But try running the applocale 7zip for unzipping it
(winrar doesnt cut it with some games for w/e reason)
and make sure to make an applocale'd shortcut for the game

aside from that idk, sorry. dunno much about it myself.
might help to point out which games give ya the error though.

raska42

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Lot of times, when I'm playing rpg-maker games, on certain events, the game closes reporting that game/audio/(Japanese letters) is missing, but when I check the file is there.

Im ussing Japanese Applocale, and I think that the problem is with the unzipper and the non-unicode characters.

Anyone has any idea of how to make it run or what unzipper use? :confused:
Used to have that issue. First off, don't use applocale ever if you can possibly avoid it. It works 75%-90% of the time. Not all the time. Your problem is a pretty common one, and a pretty easily solved one. Try unzipping with WinRar with Japan set as your local and Japaneese set for non-unicode stuff. WinRar handles non-English files the best (moderately annoying since I like 7-zip better), and setting your locale and non-unicode language is needed for proper file-name construction/parsing.

and i cant just switch over the comp's locale
because for whatever reason it messes up stuff on our comp.
Especially when we play mmos.
Locale can be switched on the fly (no restart required) and it can even by set as a task-bar icon (in most versions of Windows, not sure about 10). Unicode will require a restart though. You may need to suffer through the restarts if you want to play these games.

Last edited:

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Wasn't there an issue with folder names or something?

bankss

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Thanks everybody!

artikis

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

anyone know how to fix Translation Aggregator [R180] when its randomly not translating texts from the game?

from time to time TA doesnt get the text from agth even if agth has the line

i tried it with older games i played before that it worked at but now its also happening there

and the translating is kinda delayed when its usually near instant

this started happening when my anti-virus suddenly flagged TA as a virus but fixed it by adding it to exceptions

SuperStripFight13

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Violated Heroine 4 and 5 problem

I am looking for a way to get this to run.

i dont remember ever having problems running these games.

but i double click icon to start game and it gives me a syntax error 4080:1??

weird.

I am running windows 10 64 bit version.

i have tried setting japanese unicode and non unicode too. so everything is japanese. but still get nothing. any help?

ToaruLL

Sex Demon
Reputation score

hey everyone after upgrading to windows 10 and i believe the problem occured when i was on windowd 7 pro but my rpg games would suffer immense fps drops when in a big overworld or town and obviously smooth when inside small houses.

Can anyone explain/offer a solution to fixing this I'm also running a beast of a graphics card that can run fallout 4 with 100 mods and such many thanks in advance community~

aloneking1995

Reputation score

It's seem all translation of kR1pt0n1t3 has been taken down on mega, anyone still keep his translate please re-upload, sorry for my bad english :D

Sayathing11

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I was gonna rep this guy who translate this game, but i couldn't find the rep sign, was it removed?

It was on the top right corner of the post right? beside the post number?

Edit: Nvm I was on incognito mode and I wasn't logged in.

ToaruLL

Sex Demon
Reputation score

hey everyone after upgrading to windows 10 and i believe the problem occured when i was on windowd 7 pro but my rpg games would suffer immense fps drops when in a big overworld or town and obviously smooth when inside small houses.

Can anyone explain/offer a solution to fixing this I'm also running a beast of a graphics card that can run fallout 4 with 100 mods and such many thanks in advance community~
Just to let people know this hasn't been fixed I've literally tried everything to messing with nvidia control panel using v-sync or not changing the 3d application settings, program compatibility, I'm at a complete lost and it's almost unfair others are enjoying playing some great rpg games with no fps drops and lag while all of my games have it and it's only rgss3 and rgss2 other rpg games that don't use these work fine....

YllariusCroceus

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Just to let people know this hasn't been fixed I've literally tried everything to messing with nvidia control panel using v-sync or not changing the 3d application settings, program compatibility, I'm at a complete lost and it's almost unfair others are enjoying playing some great rpg games with no fps drops and lag while all of my games have it and it's only rgss3 and rgss2 other rpg games that don't use these work fine....
We talked and you assured me your rig is decent enough to run the games, so barring failing hardware that shouldn't be the issue. Have you tried completely uninstalling the RTP and reinstalling it?

To be sure I would uninstall it and check the directory for any leftover files and delete them manually.

If you hit CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to bring up the task manager you can right click the game (In windows 7 this you might have to be in services, in 10 you have to be in details.) and change it's 'priority' you can try setting this to 'high' or MAYBE 'real-time' (But i've heard this can cause problems) You should also watch the 'performance' tab to see if you're using a lot of CPU/RAM/HDD

Other than that I'm honestly at a loss, make sure your drivers are up to date, windows updates ect.

Maybe run a defrag if you aren't using a SSD, Disk Checker is also a decent tool in case the hard drive has bad sectors.

Last edited:

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

hit F1 during the game and deselect "Reduce Screen Flickering" option - it's causing issues like you've described in majority of games, so I'm pretty sure that's your culprit

ToaruLL

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I've had screen flickering deselecting for a while now so that can't be it, changing priority doesn't change many things and I don't believe I'm using a lot I've never seen my CPU or memory go over 40%.

I've had to install a script which boosts performance when using a lot of actors or events in maps and it has boosted it significantly. The movement is a lot more forgiving strangely enough i still get little bits of like screen stuttering I don't recall that happening before i mean screen stuttering in the way frames aren't as smooth as they should be.