What's new

ACT [???] FantasionR

SuperBunnyBun

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: FantasionR(FanGame)

I suggest working on the ability to run the game.

I got it to work by switching my region and such to english, but even then it's only opened twice out of a total of 30 or so attempts. I've not been able to get it to pop up again since. Instead it just runs in the background using around 4k of ram, and claiming 50% of my memory.

if anyone's managed to figure out how to get this to run properly with every attempt to open it, please share your enlightenment. has potential, but won't be a great game if only a few people can get the program running.

s61

Reputation score

Quick update:

-Game pace and difficulty adjusted.
-English unicode problem potentially solved:D
-Dark Elf implemented as unlockable character, along with character select screen

Enjoy, because I'm done with this for the weekend. Dark Elf is there, but she has to be unlocked by killing a certain number of enemies....oughta keep you busy for a while...

Thanks for the file on MU. No problem to download it.

Great game (with very good animations) so far.

OP
???

???

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Ur Welcome.

...and yes....150 :)

To those of you who still can't get the game to run, I may be so bold as to suggest that its something on your end, because I'm fresh out of solutions until I can come up with something other than switching your locale. What I do know is, on my Windows XP comp, it can run 100% of the time, on English. If you can't get it to work, what comp might you be running?

@phatmoney
These sprites and anims aren't really ripped. They're remade withs 'a special attention to detail.

SuperBunnyBun

Lurker
Reputation score

perhaps an incompatibility with systems besides XP?

I've tried the game on two systems, one has vista, one has 7. both have issues running it properly, even with english settings.

I don't know what to suggest really.

SuperBunnyBun

Lurker
Reputation score

as I said... incompatibility BESIDES xp.

anyone on a newer OS able to get it to run on a regular basis?

R

Ryka

I can run it and I have Windows 7. All I did was download it and unpack it. Have you tried re-downloading it?

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I can run it and I have Windows 7. All I did was download it and unpack it. Have you tried re-downloading it?
Same here. AND I have Japanese Locale. I had downloaded the new one, unpacked it, but it didn't work.

Here's a suggestion:
DELETE THE FANTASION FOLDER. UNPACK IT. ENJOY.

Gryphose

Lurker
Reputation score

Both downloads have worked fine for me.

Running Win7, but no jap region setting (too many non-H games I play regularly that complain when I leave the system on jap regional settings)

One issue in regards to the game: when you move to the right, the character goes too far before the screen scrolling kicks in, resulting in a smaller view and heads up for anything coming from that direction. Moving left does not pose this problem as the screen scrolls sooner.

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

One issue in regards to the game: when you move to the right, the character goes too far before the screen scrolling kicks in, resulting in a smaller view and heads up for anything coming from that direction. Moving left does not pose this problem as the screen scrolls sooner.
THE SCREEN SCROLLS?!?!? Man, i guess that lag did more damage than I thought.

Deminies

Banned
Reputation score

Have you thought of any more enemies to add or is it just going have those ewoks?

R

Ryka

Why did you have to ask such a dumb question?

Apologies, but really. Have you ever heard of a game with only one enemy?

Deminies

Banned
Reputation score

Actually, quite a few games i played, had only one type of enemy. One or two of them were ok, but the rest were repetitive. I remember one where you just fight just one boss and thats it, but it had so much hp that it takes about 5 mins to kill him and had two stages in the battle: first is bound to the ground, seems to die, but really doesn't, and when back up, it starts flying around.

Eryona Action.

LOL. Sorry--I couldn't resist:D.
:eek: WHAT?!?!?!? :eek: how did you know? :eek: HOW DID YOU KNOW?!?!?

R

Ryka

Pretty good points. Wasn't it just a demo before it got canceled though?

Reputation score

how do i unlock the dark elf girl, i killed like 100 guys before i got bored and it still says locked.

Deminies

Banned
Reputation score

A game is a game, new versions just add more features. Some games with too much hype, have better demos than the actual full version. Its really just how you look at it.

Also, for the poster with abnormally long name, see the last post on page 2. I've tested it, i saw the counter wind up: 148, 149, 150 (but it doesn't say 150, instead it says that somthing is unlocked but what it is hard to tell since it goes off the page). Even ??? says so at the top of this page: ".....and...yes...150".

Last edited:

Hand Solo

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Actually, quite a few games i played, had only one type of enemy. One or two of them were ok, but the rest were repetitive. I remember one where you just fight just one boss and thats it, but it had so much hp that it takes about 5 mins to kill him and had two stages in the battle: first is bound to the ground, seems to die, but really doesn't, and when back up, it starts flying around.

I just used my powers of ESPN:p.

I'm not entirely sure, but that's neither here nor there. The point is, you got your one enemy game;).

Deminies

Banned
Reputation score

I just used my powers of ESPN:p.
Aka, psychic that plays fantasy football, fantasy basketball, fantasy baseball, and, it seems, his own fantasies.:p

I'm not entirely sure, but that's neither here nor there. The point is, you got your one enemy game;).
He sure does now.:D

But as i asked over 24 hours ago, have you (???) thought of any more enemies to add or is it just going have those ewoks? If you do add any, what would they be like? (you don't have to answer the second one, if you want just say if you've got an idea of one but you want it to be a surprise).;)