What's new

ACT [Azurezero] Witch's Dungeon Laboratory (RE180836)

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: -Witch's Dungeon Laboratory- puzzle/ror game by azurezero

streaming in a min

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

unless I extend the lust ending, I only have 2 more cg left to draw, and that's it, i spent about 4 hours writing and tweaking the good ending yesterday... had a lot of fun coming up with puzzles for this game so I hope you'll all love it when its released. in some ways i'm dissatisfied but that's only due to the game genre, less people like these sorts of games but i'm still glad to have made it, my arts improved quite a bit.

I expect the game to be released on itch by tomorrow at the latest, and patrons whose payment went through this month will get the link first

Next I want to either make a platformer or a multi character rpg. but i don't have a good plot thought up for an rpg yet, needs to be world based this time, since i've never done it before. my platformer idea is a reboot of a dropped game which i thought had some nice ideas.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Got one of the two cg drawn, been a while since i've drawn something with 3 characters in it, woo! I'd show it off but its the ending cg so can't really do that. but im pretty proud of it.

now i have just the final part of the lust ending to draw

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

i've already sent patrons a download link.

I had serious art block earlier today so i was worried i wouldnt get my final cg done in time but im pleased with the result now.

hope you all enjoy, and look forward to my next game, whether that be a party based Hrpg or a platformer

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: -Witch's Dungeon Laboratory- GAMES OUT (AZUREZERO)

spent today censoring cg for the dlsite version, hope its satisfactory, they clearly pick on western devs when it comes to that i see jp circles get away with bullshit all the time

first wave of bugs that slipped through the net have been fixed

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

*prays that no one notices he forgot to add a game over as he rushes to replace links*

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Just wanted to thank everyone that bought the game so far...It really means a lot to me.

I'm in the process of coming up with a plot for my next rpg now that I have 2 power trios available to me as characters. I also have permission to use Lili and Kenzie in another game if i need to. but i really need a plot to make the most of what i want to put into this.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Just wanted to thank everyone that bought the game so far...It really means a lot to me.

I'm in the process of coming up with a plot for my next rpg now that I have 2 power trios available to me as characters. I also have permission to use Lili and Kenzie in another game if i need to. but i really need a plot to make the most of what i want to put into this.
Will be purchasing Witch's Dungeon at the end of the month. I enjoyed the demo, so it's definitely worth the price, methinks.

Any ideas so far, or is this more still in the concept phase?

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Will be purchasing Witch's Dungeon at the end of the month. I enjoyed the demo, so it's definitely worth the price, methinks.

Any ideas so far, or is this more still in the concept phase?
the rpg will have similar mechanics to sword of morals asagi, i obtained permission to use cp's battle engine aswell which allows me to have portraits in combat like asagi did... and i have a range of characters available to me, ultimately i'd like to get the resulting trio from this game to feature in this rpg as well as ren and her trio, but i dont currently have any decent ideas for doing so...

i'd like the game to be a more world based rpg than my previous games which were all location based, i originally liked the design of majo's map, but the game would have felt a lot bigger had i used a world map instead of the hub area, i learned more with princess ren returns, with the map feeling a lot larger despite being localised to the warped dimensions of her castle...

I want this project to be rather large, and the best way of doing that would be to use a quest system, so the a city of adventure would be a nice setting. if i have the city as a hub adding new scenarios and content would be smoother... where asagi had different floors and chapters as markers for where to retrieve your captured team mates, i could have it be different for each of the dungeons/quests.

all i'd really need to get the ball rolling in my mind would be a reason for the characters to be where they are (the city hub), and a goal in mind to work towards...

I just thought of one now as i was typing it but it feels rather cliched... both parties are traveling separately towards the city when they're attacked by slavers, and most are captured, leaving the two girls remaining to team up and try to free the others...
hmmm there are issues with the idea, like why is slavery legal and such...
I wonder if it wouldn't be easier creating a new heroine and having the other characters as guests... it probably would be simple to go about things that way, but i only enjoyed the friends route of arms devicer so i wouldn't like that too much... it's much more fun when girls are getting gangbanged together...

I hope this trail of thought has given you some insight into my thought processes... I really need to nail down the basic story concept but i feel sparks will fly once i do

TwntyOne

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

milking GO teaser

just finished streaming for today
Just finished the game and its amazing!
I couldn't seem to find this "event/image" which was shown earlier in the thread. Any hint?
(Would love to see 100% of the game)

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Just finished the game and its amazing!
I couldn't seem to find this "event/image" which was shown earlier in the thread. Any hint?
(Would love to see 100% of the game)
I never found a place for it, just left it in in case anyone would like to see it
though it wasnt really clear she was in a stall either, i was also too lazy to censor it, so its not in the dlsite version

Last edited:

Anonimo2932

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Ok i've finish it
it's a nice game, good puzzle, meaby sex scene are not beautiful but they are functional.
i found only a bug on the "sam puzzle": i can't talk with girls

Just to know if i found all CG:

Plant monster; failing mastermind puzzle; statue trap; demon (in bedroom); demons trap; slime girl; "butthole-trap; dominatrix; wolfman; gas; Orcs room; falling in the abiss; failing "sam puzzle"; drinking wrong potion; Finale.

Did i miss something?

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ok i've finish it
it's a nice game, good puzzle, meaby sex scene are not beautiful but they are functional.
i found only a bug on the "sam puzzle": i can't talk with girls

Just to know if i found all CG:

Plant monster; failing mastermind puzzle; statue trap; demon (in bedroom); demons trap; slime girl; "butthole-trap; dominatrix; wolfman; gas; Orcs room; falling in the abiss; failing "sam puzzle"; drinking wrong potion; Finale.

Did i miss something?
you got them all :3 I really wanted to do some nice stuff with the witch but i couldn't justify it with the plot, i hope to include quite a bit of nice yuri with her if i use her in my rpg

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

the rpg will have similar mechanics to sword of morals asagi, i obtained permission to use cp's battle engine aswell which allows me to have portraits in combat like asagi did... and i have a range of characters available to me, ultimately i'd like to get the resulting trio from this game to feature in this rpg as well as ren and her trio, but i dont currently have any decent ideas for doing so...
I usually find in my own writing that I need to take breaks in between chapters and such in order to come back with a fresh mind. It helps, especially when you're not sure how to proceed or are worried about adding something that hurts it.

i'd like the game to be a more world based rpg than my previous games which were all location based, i originally liked the design of majo's map, but the game would have felt a lot bigger had i used a world map instead of the hub area, i learned more with princess ren returns, with the map feeling a lot larger despite being localised to the warped dimensions of her castle...
RPGMaker is usually the engine for that if you're not able to put money into a more graphical engine. I would suggest mucking about with it a bit more and seeing if an open-world is feasible for you, or if it's going to be more work than you want to put in. For $12, your games are pretty decent. Don't feel like you gotta impress others if it's gonna be a hassle for you.

I want this project to be rather large, and the best way of doing that would be to use a quest system, so the a city of adventure would be a nice setting. if i have the city as a hub adding new scenarios and content would be smoother... where asagi had different floors and chapters as markers for where to retrieve your captured team mates, i could have it be different for each of the dungeons/quests.[/quoted]

One of the big things to keep in mind is that, unlike the people who did Asagi, you're one person. A circle is a group of people (usually small, something like 5-15) who all contribute to different areas. I've watched a few projects and have seen the ones that don't have at least 5 members get stuck in developmental Hell. Even major undertakings like Mighty No 9 and Star Citizen (who had/have fairly moderate to large teams) either don't deliver on what was promised, or have yet to see any significant progress on what was paid for.

I'm not trying to dissuade you, but more/less suggest you try to keep it within reason and don't undertake a project you might get stuck on and/or not finish. Hell, The Last Demonhunter and The Order Of Light are still in development Hell and have more bugs than a shelter bed.

all i'd really need to get the ball rolling in my mind would be a reason for the characters to be where they are (the city hub), and a goal in mind to work towards...

I just thought of one now as i was typing it but it feels rather cliched... both parties are traveling separately towards the city when they're attacked by slavers, and most are captured, leaving the two girls remaining to team up and try to free the others...
hmmm there are issues with the idea, like why is slavery legal and such...
I wonder if it wouldn't be easier creating a new heroine and having the other characters as guests... it probably would be simple to go about things that way, but i only enjoyed the friends route of arms devicer so i wouldn't like that too much... it's much more fun when girls are getting gangbanged together...

I hope this trail of thought has given you some insight into my thought processes... I really need to nail down the basic story concept but i feel sparks will fly once i do
I would say, start with what you have and go from there. What are the issues you see? How can they be improved? What are the major points of contention and how can you remedy them? Always have a starting point to work from. If I dropped my book from the first point, I'd still be trying to work out a plot in my head and the project would never go anywhere. Have a starting point, work from there.

And good luck!

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I usually find in my own writing that I need to take breaks in between chapters and such in order to come back with a fresh mind. It helps, especially when you're not sure how to proceed or are worried about adding something that hurts it.

RPGMaker is usually the engine for that if you're not able to put money into a more graphical engine. I would suggest mucking about with it a bit more and seeing if an open-world is feasible for you, or if it's going to be more work than you want to put in. For $12, your games are pretty decent. Don't feel like you gotta impress others if it's gonna be a hassle for you.

I would say, start with what you have and go from there. What are the issues you see? How can they be improved? What are the major points of contention and how can you remedy them? Always have a starting point to work from. If I dropped my book from the first point, I'd still be trying to work out a plot in my head and the project would never go anywhere. Have a starting point, work from there.

And good luck!
Ideas I have based on princess ren returns as the main party

ren, emi and kiri as a trio
setting out to see if they can remove the horny foxgirl curse kiri placed on emi as an over reaching

possible quests
visiting emi's birthplace because she left in a hurry and never got to mourn her mother properly (set up a grave and deal with monsters in the area)

any number of quests are made possible if someone gives them information towards the goal of curing emi or deliberate misinformation, so that's good.

the trio resulting from witch dungeon lab is a bit harder to think about, but the princess is the most perverted character of the 3.

Crossbow1701

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

So I'm on the potion's part, Seems like I can gather up to 4 viles of water but only have 1 of each of the other items to make a potion. I've looked at the pages saying Disks X2, Frost item -1, firewater X10 Fire item X4. I do have the burner in inventory but won't let me combine any of the items expect the frost item with water.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So I'm on the potion's part, Seems like I can gather up to 4 viles of water but only have 1 of each of the other items to make a potion. I've looked at the pages saying Disks X2, Frost item -1, firewater X10 Fire item X4. I do have the burner in inventory but won't let me combine any of the items expect the frost item with water.
ah, you use the basin to do it, im confused about the firewaterx10 one...

the ingredients should be +3,+4,x2 and -1, you need to mix them in order to make it add up to 10

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I hit 50 sales last night! can't remember if that's good or not but i feel pretty positive about it

Junkyard Dawg

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I just bought and beat your game AZ, it was pretty fun overall and worth the price of admission. Only real complaint is that it was kinda short and the ending felt a bit rushed. Aside from that keep up the good work. I'm really looking forward to what you can do when you make something on a bigger scale.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I just bought and beat your game AZ, it was pretty fun overall and worth the price of admission. Only real complaint is that it was kinda short and the ending felt a bit rushed. Aside from that keep up the good work. I'm really looking forward to what you can do when you make something on a bigger scale.
Thanks! I really wanted to put more hints about what was going on, but i honestly couldn't think of any that weren't too obvious. I actually wanted to have kana tortured at first while awaiting her death, but when it came to it i just couldn't do that to her... i couldnt see the happy end anymore if i included that

i'm almost done with the bare minimum of battler portraits for ren so if i keep up this rate of work i'll have a party of 3 in a week or two, so i'll be able to start writing properly

Last edited: