Not open for further replies.
OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Atlantis

Jacobs nodded to Sarnael but called out to him from leaving for a moment. Then he replied to Sho.

"Harcesis is the name the Gou'ald give to any child born of two Gou'ald'd hosts. I don't think she'd have used that term unless Cassie has become host to a Gou'ald. Which means she and Henry must have ... Sarnael, if you come across Cassie, do not let her fool you, stun her if you can."

Growling slightly, he added, "a Harcesis child would have ALL the memories of both symbiotes, as well as both hosts. If that's what has happened, the Klarnell didn't get to Henry first, and it explains the missing symbiote. Cassie, or rather whatever Gou'ald is inside of her killed him. I'm willing to bet I know what this Gou'ald is after, and who sent them. They'd know every single location of a Tokra base, who all their operatives are that Henry knew about, everything he did."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"How the...Nope. Done. Not going to think about logistics." Sho's hand moves from pinching at her brow to an up and open palm. "Just going to find Cassie and/or that Klarnell." She takes a breath. "Okay. Klarnell might have one of those anomalies. Probably want to start scanning for that, too. Cassie's either going to need the gate or a ride." She pauses for a minute. "Somebody find me a window. I'm gonna go take a look outside. I'll hook back up with you in a few minutes, but I want to make sure there isn't anything or anyone docked and waiting."

Pausing for a moment, she'll walk over to Henry, making certain that his eyes are closed. "Sorry, Henry. Need to borrow your stuff for a while." She'll then head over to his discarded clothes and find his communication stone. "I'll let you know if I find anything and when I'm back inside. Keep me posted to where you're at."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Three rooms over there's a window, plus the big one in the control center. And Sho, Gou'ald have genetic memories, that's how. So yeah, I think we know why he was nude. I'll handle searching for an anomaly from the main sensors array in the control room, just ... be safe."

He was off after making sure he had his own stone, running out the door.

She found Henry's stone in a side pocket on his discarded pants, which appeared to have been carefully taken off rather than ripped off. If Jacobs and Alana were right about this potential child, Henry hadn't known Cassie had a Gou'ald in her, and it had probably been willing.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Send somebody for Henry, would you?" she calls to Jacobs before he retreats. Yes, they had other pressing matters to attend to, but at least one person could be spared to take care of him. Before she sets his clothes back down, she pauses, sighs, and brings them over, covering him up. A little dignity, at the very least. Granted, his wounds were pretty clear, but she didn't want to risk messing up any evidence by moving him around, nor make them any worse. With another sigh, she pushes up and heads over to the room Jacobs indicated, taking a moment to examine how to open the thing and make sure she'll fit through it before also examining the landscape outside. Once she was certain she could get enough lift, she'd take off, hovering there a moment to push (or pull) the thing mostly closed behind her. That done, the plan is to head a little ways out, and up. Circling the city itself would take too long, but checking the nearby areas wouldn't. Neither would going up as high as she could to look down and try and find somewhere a vehicle might be docked.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Surprisingly, as soon as Sho neared the 'window', it obligingly slid open for her! It appeared it was a door, and had been sealed while they were under water earlier, but now that it didn't have to hold back an ocean, it worked fine.

Despite everything she tried, Sho couldn't find any sign that there was another ship docked or near enough to the city to be an escape vehicle. After a few moments though, her stone activated and Jacobs' voice filled her ears.

"I've scanned the area as far as the long range sensors can go, there's no ships of any kind within a day's reach of the city, and those that do pop up are wraith ships. My guess is she's going for one of the jumpers, by now if she was going for the Stargate only, she'd have been here. I altered the city sensors to detect cloaked bio-signs according to what Sarnael said, and I got a bit of a bad surprise for you. Alana was either wrong, or something happened after she left, but I am detecting two Klarnell signatures, not one. One of them is on the move near the west pier, the other ... Holy shit, the other one is less than a hundred meters from the door you just went out of, and it's decloaked. Watch your back Sho."

The stone went dark, and she was on her own it appeared.

As Sarnael made his way through the corridors, a voice came over one of the speakers in the hall way he was in.

"Sarnael, if you can hear me, this is Jacobs. I'm detecting two Klarnell in the city, one of them is not far from your position. I'm also detecting the life sign reading that has to be Cassie, it's showing up as Lantean. She's near you as well, heading for the west pier of the city. The Klarnell isn't far behind her. If you take the next transport lift up ahead, you can get in between them and at least stop the Klarnell. I'll see what I can do about slowing Cassie down, just get that damn Klarnell please."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Looks clear out here. And now you're making me want to stay out here. Be careful." Of course, a couple of things nagged at her. Why would the thing not be cloaked? And, well, she did have all these nice large windows she could peer through while trying to get a good look at it. Hopefully the others wouldn't activate like the first one if she got close to it. Plan was to get a look at the thing and possibly find a good ambush spot before heading back inside.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Making her way towards one of the windows, Sho peered inside, and might be just a bit alarmed when suddenly the Klarnell strode into view, locking gazes with her! It stopped dead in it's tracks, arms out to the side as it made a series of sounds which were unintelligble, and surprisingly audible to her. It went through several repeats, one actually sounding like Ancient before it spoke in English to her.

"Say something when you can understand me human, you have a far bigger issue than what you think you know about me. If you wish for everyone here to live, do not shoot at me, I am your only chance to live."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Sho "backs up" when the Klarnell spots her, taking her hover away from the window, just in case she needs to make any quick maneuvers. The splay of the arms surprises her and it shows in her backing up more, though clearly this thing wants to be heard. If not for the severity of the words, she might have actually been tempted to see what all it was going to scroll through as far as dialects before it gave up or tried something else.

"Yeah, well, we're already dealing with one crisis. What's your damage?" comes out at the English statement. There have been rebel Ori, rebel Wraith, rogue Tokra...what's one more faction?

Definitely getting too old for this.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The Klarnell regarded her for a moment before replying with an almost weary tone.

"By now you are aware of the other Klarnell in the city. His mission is to outright kill the one you call Nirrti, killing both host and parasite. Then, his orders are to destroy this city by whatever means needed. You may wonder why I am telling you this, after all I am the same species as he is. To answer that, I am one of the faction opposed to warfare with your people, opposed to the ... barbaric methods our brethren have resorted to in order to keep the species alive. By now, you should have received our gift, enough time should have passed. We delivered one of their warships to your people in the hopes they can glean insight from it, understand the advancements made since we became incapable of stealing their things. I wish to help you stop this Nirrti, before she returns to her master Anubis, who poses a threat to all of us. You may choose not to believe me, that is your choice. Know that if you will not, and choose to kill me, that the other one will complete his mission, or die trying. It was I who disabled the power systems after he tampered with them. Had I not done so, they eventually would have exploded. The decision is ultimately yours, but I will not fight you. Know that if you kill me however, you will lose any chance you have of stopping the other Klarnell in time, and you may irreparably damage any chance of a future alliance between our resistance and your people."

As he finished his little speech, he casually took to one knee on the floor, and it was only now she realized he hadn't a single weapon showing on him at all.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

His speech might be interrupted by a very un-ladylike "Fuck" as he mentions Nirrti getting back to Anubis, though it's more an aside than anything else, especially since Sho now looks rather pissed. She's still doesn't seem to want to trust this thing one hundred percent, but enough of what it says--the ship, shutting down the city from overloading...Nirrti--will, at the very least, give her pause.

"Stay put," she tells it after it takes a knee. "Unless someone tries gunning for you. I'm coming in."

She'll head for the window she left out of, though before she does, she puts a call in to Jacobs, the stone blipping almost immediately as soon as she's moving.

"Please tell me you can hear me right now."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"As you wish. Should it come down to it, inside of my armor you will find a data module that is Lantean in design. It contains a series of formulae that will help you with the anomalies, everything our resistance has on them, as well as another important bit that I would like to help you with fates willing. I can, and am willing to help you find Siphon's children. Yes, we know of him. In addition, you should know the one known as Janus caused the event that started all of this, I believe by accident."

Jacobs responded after a moment, seeming a bit surprised.

"I can, but what the hell are you doing Sho, that thing has to be practically on top of you based on this indicator. He's not moving though which is odd."

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sarnael made no comment towards the speaker announcement. Although, he did alter his course slightly. And not quite in the direction that Jacobs had mentioned. Once out of the line of sight of that hallway, he both selected a different route that would get him to the target area, and started moving much quicker.

If Jacobs were paying any attention to how Sarnael was moving, it might strike him that Sarnael seems quite familiar with how to get around in the city.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As he made his way down his selected route, he could hear the sounds of different weapons fire being exchanged, followed by a clanging sound, and then repeated weapons fire from the same source. From the sounds of it, it was hitting the same thing over and over, even as a faint whining noise could be heard.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"It's a rebel and wants to parley, but more importantly, I think Nirrti's in Cassie. We need to stop her leaving no matter what. She's trying to get back to Anubis. Also, the other Klarnell is trying to blow the city up, so let's not turn anything on until we're sure where the power's going, okay?"

That message relayed, she will return to the window/door and, so long as it lets her back in, she'll drop into the hallway and head back to where the Klarnell is waiting. For the time being, her zat is still holstered and she doesn't appear to be carrying any other weapons herself. It gets an assessing once-over while she still keeps her distance.

"So what's the exit strategy?"

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sarnael's voice suddenly snapped across the comm channel. "Heads up. Fugitive got to a craft, likely one of the jumpers. If you can, find some way to force a total lockdown on the gate, even if it means manually disconnecting the power."

Once he had that out, Sarnael launched into the hangar room. As he'd expected, it was the Klarnell trying to break into one of the jumpers. A loud energy crack from his rifle announced his entry, the shot apparently missing and hitting just behind the Klarnell's feet. A second impact hit the side of the jumper, suggesting a miss by another weapon of his.

Last edited:
OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Although he got no reply from Jacobs, there was no doubt he'd do what it took to get the job done.

As he came in, the shots missing, the Klarnell whipped around, a weapon mounted on it's shoulder aiming and firing in his direction, an angry roar coming from the hulking beast.

In the meantime, the jumper lifted off the ground and began making it's escape out the archway, causing the Klarnell to roar in anger as it practically screamed at Sarnael.

"You fool! Now we all die! I will kill you before annihilating this place."

Jacobs growled in frustration.

"Great, so I can't even block her escape if she goes for the gate then. Fucking brilliant."

The Klarnell looked at Sho for a moment, realizing she hadn't heard anything about what he had said regarding Siphon, then decided better of it for the moment.

"We must reach the west pier. Even if the Gou'ald escapes, there is still a chance to stop her eventually. However, we must survive this if we are to have a chance. We must kill the other of my species, I can disable his suicide device, but only if you get me there. You have no reason to trust me, this I know. Understand though if you do not, and the others fail to stop him, we all will die here today."

Last edited:

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sarnael dodged the incoming shot, while at the same time sending his rifle with its blade spinning scythe-like through the air at the Klarnell.

As he came up from his dodge, the blade-tines from his bracers had extended, and he used those to fire off a pair of shots, one carefully aimed at the Klarnell's shoulder weapon.

In Ancient, Sarnael responded, "You won't be the last to try."

Last edited:

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh, she heard. It's just not a priority right at the moment.

"If she's in the air, I can stop her." Provided the comm's linking all of them for the time being, the boys will hear "Could always barricade it manually. I'm thinking she's heading out, though."

She regards the Klarnell for a minute. "You can either beat feet to your buddy or we take a shortcut. You pick." She's already heading back for that window again.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The Klarnell only spoke one word in reply as he stood.

"Shortcut."

He would follow her, and do as she instructed, seeming very quickly ready for a battle when they got there.

In the bay where Sarnael was fighting, a crate of some kind exploded behind him as the Klarnell's blast missed. His shot struck, knocking off the weapon mounting and sending the weapon out the now open hangar door, causing the creature to roar in fury, which doubled in intensity at the reply in Ancient.

Meanwhile the jumper lifted off the floor, and flew out the door, drive pods extending. As it flew out, it shimmered once, cloaking.

Jacobs' reply to Sho came a moment later.

"Sensors detecting a jumper leaving the west pier, wait, it's gone. Cloaked and the modifications aren't picking it up. I might be able to generate a vorshal blast around the area and make it visible again, but I need at least two minutes to make that work, and I doubt we have the time."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Sho slows down only long enough to make sure she isn't going to crash into the doors before they open, taking flight as soon as she breaks free of the building. Provided the Klarnell is still following her, once he's clear, she stops long enough to catch him in a vortex of his own, carrying the warrior along with her as she guides them toward the western side of the building. He said pier and that's where he's getting dropped off, especially as it seems she's got a jumper to deal with. The landing might be less than graceful, but he's at least on his feet and can head in and help Sarnael.

"Yeah, but now she's playing in my world. I'll try and slow her down, if not stop her," comes back from Sho, who puts her attention on the landscape around the dock. What seems like mist starts to rise up from the ocean around them, the waters turning into whitecaps as her winds whip over them, stirring the air around, then extending out from the city, into what could very easily be described as a monsoon. Given the jumper is likely in motion, pinpointing its exact location wouldn't be possible, but creating something that will either give Jacobs time for his trick or conditions that will ground the craft isn't outside of the realm of possibility. And then there's the waterspouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.