Ashley (thetwo)

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Ashley (thetwo)

Looking around, Ashley can find no sign of whatever did this to the girl, finally approaching her carefully, she hears a groan as the girl wakes up.

She can see the girl look around, it doesn't seem like she spots Ashley, her outfit blending her in too well. Ashley hears the girl moan as she sits up. "...and it didn't leave me a thing...I feel too tired to even more..." her voice weak, Ashley can see some tears welling up in the girl's eyes.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ugh, it's not as if I exactly have food to spare, but I can't leave her like this...

"Well, I don't exactly have much to spare, but I can give you a little bit of food if you can tell me something new about this place..."

The offer seemed a bit callous, but Ashley felt she needed something in exchange for the precious food.

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The girl looks around, unsure who spoke to her, she manages to finally spot Ashley, who, to her, looks almost like a shadow in the darkness.

The girl quickly backs away into the nearest wall still sitting on the ground, a reaction from the shock. "W-ww-wh-who-who'r--who're you?" She finally manages to ask through a terrible stutter, formed of sheer terror. "No, stay away!" She shrieks, not quite sure what's going to happen.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"What? I'm Ashley, just a woman, not a monster of any kind at all. Well, not until I find the people responsible for putting me in here... sorry if I scared you a bit."

Ashley tried to approach the girl in a way that brought her more into the light, and raised her hands in a soothing way, only slightly spoiled by the fact that one of them was holding a spear.

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The girl seems the calm down a little bit, oddly at the sight of the spear. "W-w-w-wai-wait, th-that's a wea-weapon...s-s-so you ca-can't be a mo-mon-mons-monster..." Her voice still shaky but calmer now, as the girl relaxes a little bit.

She pauses fer a moment, looking like she's pondering as she tilts her head to the side looking at Ashley. "I...I don't su-suppose you ha-have a spare ch-change of cl-clothes?"

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Yea, I suppose so. More clothes to spare then food, in any case."

Ashley offers the girl one of her spare changes.

"Now seriously, is there something still lurking around here I should know about?"

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The girl shakes her head as she tries to wipe off the semen before putting the clothes on. "No, monsters generally move on somewhere else after finishing."

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Just generally? When don't they? And... I don't suppose you know the way out, down, or to a settlement of some kind?"

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Do you really think I'd still be here if I knew the way out?" The girl had a bit of bite in her remark as she stood up, searching carefully around the room for food.

Finding none, she sighed. "I hear that the stairs are somewhere in that direction." She points towards a hallway. "But I'm going back that way." she points a different way. "That's where a new settlement is forming, I was out scouting for food."

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Well, if there is a way out I don't expect it's easy."

Ashley thinks for a moment about what a settlement might offer. Food seems unlikely if their scouting parties are all doing as badly as this girl. Clothing isn't an issue for her yet, and the best information they would be likely to give would be the directions to the stairs. Which she already had, now.

"So what was it, if you don't mind. The thing that's no longer here, I mean. I don't want to get surprised by something I don't think is a threat..."

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Just some ceiling tentacles, I wasn't careful enough entering the room, and they had me upside down before I knew what was going on." She gives a sigh.

"Anyways, I'm heading back now, thanks for the clothes, good luck in your journey."

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Well, better luck to you in the future as well. Thank you for the directions."

Ashley watched the girl walk away for a moment, then headed off in the direction she had indicated for the stairs down. Maybe Christine had been wrong about the monsters getting harder, or maybe she'd just been terribly unlucky on the first level, but there didn't seem any reason *not* to go down.

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ashley walks for a long while in the Labyrinth, using her chalk and sense of direction to guide her. It was rough going, the place was huge, and every room looked just like the others.

Eventually she found the stairs, but it seems they were guarded.

A man, she thought, in robes. He was somewhat hard to see, almost as in...as if he were in a disguise spell. Her reaction as she holds her spear gives it away that she noticed him, as the blur around him fades. "Another one trying to go down, eh?"

Mage 3/3
Ashley 6/6 0/5

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Yea, you get many people wanting to go down?"

Ashley gripped her spear a little tighter, not sure what to think of his attempt to hide from her, but not ready to just stab someone for being a little creepy. Even if they were a computer.

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Enough." The man says kurtly. "But going down is forbidden, so I must do my best to stop those that try."

Ashley noticed that the man seemed somewhat surprised she hadn't launched the first attack. "But, maybe we could work something out." She could feel his eyes on her body, even from under the hood. "What do you say?"

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Going down is forbidden? And just what kind of woman do you think I am?"

Ashley briefly considered her options.

Having sex with him was one, but not an appealing one. It would be different then her other recent encounters. Firstly he was (or at least looked and acted) human. Secondly, she'd be doing it willingly, and while the tentacles in particular had left her feeling like she'd never be clean again, she knew she had done her best to avoid it. She wouldn't have that luxury in this scenario.

The second option seemed to be to fight him. That also wasn't appealing. Firstly, there was no telling if she'd win. If she lost, she'd be back to having sex with him, probably, and he might not be inclined to take it easy on her after she tried to kill him. Which was also a point. If she won, it'd be by sticking her spear into a person. Or something that looked, acted, and probably felt, exactly like a person. Slime... well, stabbing slime was like stabbing water. And rope wasn't alive. The tentacles had been a little bit gruesome, but that pit had been terrifying, and they still obviously weren't real. But another human being might be a problem.

The third option would be to try to get down without the man knowing, but that didn't seem likely at the moment. Maybe there was simply a good reason why she shouldn't be allowed down, in which case he might be open to argument if she could come up with a reason why she should be allowed down.

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Well, I'm forbidding it. And I was hoping you were the sensible kind. You know it's just going to happen again down there anyways, why not save yourself some time?"

The man somewhat chuckled.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Look, I'm not going to sleep with you willingly. Ever. And I've really got to wonder just how much sex is worth to you if you're willing to risk getting stabbed over it."

Ashley gripped her spear warily, ready to defend herself if he attacked, but still holding out some hope that the man would give in to threats and reasoning together, even if reasoning alone clearly wouldn't suffice.

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"No?" the man says. "Well, I won't be letting you past then." The man waves his hands a little, and a magical barrier appears in front the stairs. "But, I'm not going to force you too."

Last edited:

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Well now you're just being vindictive. The only possibilities are that I walk away, or I walk down those stairs. Why do you care which one I do?"

Frustration with the man was quickly building, and Ashley was starting to think that stabbing him might not be that terrible.