What's new

Arena of Audacia (AoA) - Top-down ARPG [updated 2017-03-22]

nguyentri666force

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Arena of Audacia (AoA) - Top-down ARPG [updated 30-11-2015]

I've been working on event prompts for things like multi-kill and pushing multiple enemies off the edge. They trigger and reward the player with some gold they perform multiple kills, with less than 1.5 sec between kills. Following advice from this thread, the audience will also now cheer on the bloodbath.
Will the audience also cheer when the enemies rape/cum inside the heroine?

OP
datanony

datanony

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Will the audience also cheer when the enemies rape/cum inside the heroine?
I might. Cheering only for the player would seem one-sided after all. I would of course include an option to turn off cheers for enemy and player.

Yuan-Tiki

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I might. Cheering only for the player would seem one-sided after all.
The way I see it, the crowd are broadly apathetic to the fate of those involved essentially. They cheer for the spectacle, not on behalf of anyone involved. It's appreciation at being entertained rather than them rooting for one side or the other.

Though treating it like a wrestling crowd, with the crowd cheering and chanting for the hero and booing and jeering the enemies could be entertaining, I would imagine that would be both more intrusive and a lot more work.

Last edited:

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Well I played the game last night and I already came across a bug that probably really is not a bug. Since the Jester has no scenes and does not attack when the heroine is stunned, if you trip or something the jester will just stand there and do nothing, you cant get up or do anything until you close the game out and restart.

OP
datanony

datanony

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

The way I see it, the crowd are broadly apathetic to the fate of those involved essentially. They cheer for the spectacle, not on behalf of anyone involved. It's appreciation at being entertained rather than them rooting for one side or the other.

Though treating it like a wrestling crowd, with the crowd cheering and chanting for the hero and booing and jeering the enemies could be entertaining, I would imagine that would be both more intrusive and a lot more work.
Yeah was thinking the same, so I'd out in option so players can choose who crowds will cheer for (both or none, though no jeering).

Well I played the game last night and I already came across a bug that probably really is not a bug. Since the Jester has no scenes and does not attack when the heroine is stunned, if you trip or something the jester will just stand there and do nothing, you cant get up or do anything until you close the game out and restart.
Ah its just I didn't code the behaviour yet. He's suppose to expire and run away with the money he picked up. Wasn't there a game over prompt that popped up when it happened?

Kuroneko.

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Did the 3P get added to the game? If so I can't find it...

harouki

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Did the 3P get added to the game? If so I can't find it...
When you get grabbed by an enemy and there is another one nearby, hit RIGHT on the arrow keys and they'll join in

Kuroneko.

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

When you get grabbed by an enemy and there is another one nearby, hit RIGHT on the arrow keys and they'll join in
It disappears after the second guy... :(

OP
datanony

datanony

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

It disappears after the second guy... :(
Ah I need to work on the UI better. Right now it does a really bad job at telling which animations are unlocked.

Trigger of animation is dependent on direction you face when knocked down. Try getting knocked down facing different angles and get grabbed to see what I mean.

To get the 3rd animation (3p), you need to:-
1. Defeat boss of Round[30] (or was it 20?).
2. Knocked down, facing south-eastward, then let enemy approach.
3. Remember to save game (ESC > Save & quit) if you wanna see it again the next time you play!

I can totally understand it being confusing. I'll draw up a diagram to show you guys how it works exactly, once I get back today.

OP
datanony

datanony

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Here's the diagram on how AoA handles animations, depending on the number of animations you have unlocked.

Animation unlocks for now, are as such:-
  • 1 total - Start of game
  • 2 total - Beat ROUND[10]
  • 3 total - Beat ROUND[20]
  • 4 total - Beat ROUND[30] (not yet included)
Hopefully the diagram helps!

In future, I may change it to having them unlock at 20 rounds interval instead:-
  • 1 total - Start of game
  • 2 total - Beat ROUND[20]
  • 3 total - Beat ROUND[40]
  • 4 total - Beat ROUND[60] (not yet included)

OP
datanony

datanony

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I know it's been awhile since v0.85 but v0.87 is up! For this release, I have changed the project files from AoD_Alpha2 to AoA_Alpha3. You will need to copy your "savegame.ini" over from AoD_Alpha2 if you wish to continue with your old saved game. Likewise, I've changed the password as well.

In the previous versions stamina were plentiful most of the time. In this version, swinging your sword normally will cost some stamina. Similarly, stamina regen rate is faster when you idle, slower (by half) when you move about. Using the new skill "Focus" will help replenish lost stamina.

I have nerfed the shield throw a big by increasing its cooldown, and extending the reach of the double-edge skill. Also, slaying enemies in quick succession now (1.5s between each skill) will result in adoration from the crowd on top of a gold reward, so go forth and decimate the mobs.

Password: dtny

Release Notes for v0.87:
  1. Boss 5 created. Encounter at ROUND[50].
  2. New skill ''Focus". Replenishes stamina & resets cooldown of skills.
  3. New H-animation (4th one). Beat ROUND[30] to unlock.
  4. New enemy "Champion".
  5. Stamina regeneration rate halved when running/attacking.
  6. Normal attacks cost stamina now.
  7. More:
    • Game now auto-saves at end of each round.
    • The "Go Next" sign now spawns at player's coordinates.
    • General events handling (reward & crowd-cheering) for Double/Multi-kill.
    • Skills' upgrade costs reduced drastically.
    • The "Shield throw" cooldown has been increased (9s to 12s).
    • The "Double-edge" skill's range extended.
    • Moved settings from Pause menu (Enter) to Exit menu (Esc).
    • Included ESCKEY and PAUSEKEY into controls config.

Other notes:
  • Demo ends at ROUND [51]. The round will loop endlessly.
  • The "Adult content" in settings menu does not work.
  • Boss animations not done.
  • Still no BGM! =(

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Arena of Audacia (AoA) - Top-down ARPG [updated 01-04-2016]

I did notice that the numpad 5 key isn't randomly spawning enemies and is instead always spawning the basic sword guy. The zero key still works properly, at least. Here's proof:

I may have pressed the key a few extra times. You know, to be sure.

ololev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

editing gallery.ini doesn't actually unlocks the animations?

Yuan-Tiki

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

New Demo? Bonus. I've been keeping my eye out for it.

OP
datanony

datanony

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I did notice that the numpad 5 key isn't randomly spawning enemies and is instead always spawning the basic sword guy. The zero key still works properly, at least. Here's proof:

I may have pressed the key a few extra times. You know, to be sure.
Woah. Throwing out a charged shield throw into the fray would have been satisfying for sure. Did you experience significant slowdown in the game with that many enemies?
I've fixed the numpad5 to spawn randomly. Try downloading again.

editing gallery.ini doesn't actually unlocks the animations?
Yeah. Animation unlocks are dependent on the bosses you've beat. For example, you need to beat the slime boss to unlock the 4th animation.
The gallery.ini is specifically for Gallery viewing, which isn't yet available in v0.87.

On April Fools? :x
No better day is what I'd say!

Last edited:

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Woah. Throwing out a charged shield throw into the fray would have been satisfying for sure. Did you experience significant slowdown in the game with that many enemies?
I didn't experience any slowdown at all. I was actually spawning that many to see if I could get the game to crash (in addition to the amusement at having a bunch of the same guys on screen).

OP
datanony

datanony

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I didn't experience any slowdown at all. I was actually spawning that many to see if I could get the game to crash (in addition to the amusement at having a bunch of the same guys on screen).
I'm gonna assume it didn't crash. Phew. Was afraid I added some very inefficient codes.

Suppose it depends on your specs.
It should run on toasters. Porting it onto android should be glorious.

ololev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yeah. Animation unlocks are dependent on the bosses you've beat. For example, you need to beat the slime boss to unlock the 4th animation.
The gallery.ini is specifically for Gallery viewing, which isn't yet available in v0.87.
i made roundsav="10.000000", beat the boss and animation isn't unlocked