What's new

ACT Patreon Active [Anon42] Crisis Point: Extinction

NDgier

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Crisis Point: Extinction - Metroidvania - Final Public Update! (July 25th, 2015)

Yeah, that new music is a huge improvement, the game is coming along nicely.

Some things I wanted to ask:

Why is there no save feature implemented yet? Seems like something that is both important and easy to do so I see no reason for it not being there. It's just annoying and kills replayability having to restart the game everytime.

You said the Hellhound CG won't be voiced by what about the insect? Is bug sex not considered bestiality? :confused:
Pretty sure that would be considered as such, yes.

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Crisis Point: Extinction - Metroidvania - Final Public Update! (July 25th, 2015)

Yeah, that new music is a huge improvement, the game is coming along nicely.

Some things I wanted to ask:

Why is there no save feature implemented yet? Seems like something that is both important and easy to do so I see no reason for it not being there. It's just annoying and kills replayability having to restart the game everytime.

You said the Hellhound CG won't be voiced by what about the insect? Is bug sex not considered bestiality? :confused:
Thanks, I'm glad you like the music!

The main reason there hasn't been a save feature is because of Crisis Point's frequent update schedule. I couldn't (and still can't) think of a way to make saves work across versions without issues (like if, say, I removed an upgrade that used to be in the game), and I figured people would be upset if they couldn't carry their save data over between versions. I decided to go for the system of implementing warp points that allow you to skip to certain parts of the game with all required upgrades up to that point instead. That being said, as part of The Great Rework™, I DO plan on trying to implement a proper save system, it's just very likely that some updates won't be compatible with previous saves.

As for the Insect CG, for some reason I never even thought of them being considered beastiality, so I didn't think to ask the VA. I've asked her about it now though, and unfortunately that scene will be voiceless as well. Sorry for any disappointment.

RozzleDazzle

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The main reason there hasn't been a save feature is because of Crisis Point's frequent update schedule. I couldn't (and still can't) think of a way to make saves work across versions without issues (like if, say, I removed an upgrade that used to be in the game), and I figured people would be upset if they couldn't carry their save data over between versions. I decided to go for the system of implementing warp points that allow you to skip to certain parts of the game with all required upgrades up to that point instead. That being said, as part of The Great Rework™, I DO plan on trying to implement a proper save system, it's just very likely that some updates won't be compatible with previous saves.
Well, you could just ask your patrons if they prefer a save feature that doesn't carry over between versions or nothing at all(if you haven't already). I would prefer having any kind of system even if it was between incompatible between versions and I can't really see why anyone would prefer otherwise.
But yeah, the warp points are helpful to skip parts you've already played but I'd still prefer a regular saving feature.
As for the Insect CG, for some reason I never even thought of them being considered beastiality, so I didn't think to ask the VA. I've asked her about it now though, and unfortunately that scene will be voiceless as well. Sorry for any disappointment.
That's fine. In any case, I hope that is the next CG you're working on ;)

Gaboris

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

But yeah, the warp points are helpful to skip parts you've already played but I'd still prefer a regular saving feature.
Especially if you can save freely(not just at a save point) and have a separate save file for each of your favorite sexy zones. :D

Up until a dynamic gallery gets implemented like in LAB -Still Alive-. At that point I'm fine with fixed save points. :3

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Well, you could just ask your patrons if they prefer a save feature that doesn't carry over between versions or nothing at all(if you haven't already). I would prefer having any kind of system even if it was between incompatible between versions and I can't really see why anyone would prefer otherwise.

That's fine. In any case, I hope that is the next CG you're working on ;)
Well, there are some minor logistical problems with a save system in an early access game like this, and to be honest I don't think I would've been able to figure out how to handle them well a year ago. I have some ideas now though, so hopefully adding a save system during The Great Rework™ will go smoothly! (No comment on what the next CG is yet, you'll have to wait like everybody else :D)

@Gaboris - Sorry, it likely won't be a save-anywhere system. There are several places a system like that could end up causing issues, and the final game will have specific points for saving, so the amount of time spent beta testing a feature that would be changed later just isn't worth it when there's so much else to do.

@RadeonX1950 - I've never seen LAB -Still Alive-'s gallery, so I'm not sure how they handle it. All I can say is there will be a gallery in Crisis Point, and it'll be accessible through the pause menu rather than just the main menu, so you can go to it at any time and then continue the game from where you were, even if you aren't at a save point.

RadeonX1950

Sex Demon
Reputation score

it'll be accessible through the pause menu rather than just the main menu, so you can go to it at any time and then continue the game from where you were, even if you aren't at a save point.
That's even better than I've expected :)

Gaboris

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@Gaboris - Sorry, it likely won't be a save-anywhere system. There are several places a system like that could end up causing issues, and the final game will have specific points for saving, so the amount of time spent beta testing a feature that would be changed later just isn't worth it when there's so much else to do.
You don't have to take everything I say so seriously. It was just a joking wish. :)

@RadeonX1950 - I've never seen LAB -Still Alive-'s gallery, so I'm not sure how they handle it. All I can say is there will be a gallery in Crisis Point, and it'll be accessible through the pause menu rather than just the main menu, so you can go to it at any time and then continue the game from where you were, even if you aren't at a save point.
Oh, you don't know what that system is like? Well dang that complicates our situation. :D (In case it helps it's a similar system for Zell23's "Forest of the Blue Skin" game that can be found here: http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=27202)

So these "dynamic galleries"(as I like to call them) are basically just separated "zoo" locations inside the game(a door that opens from the starting location) where every(or some depending on the dev) creature that you met in the game can be found and the player can interact with them there without being bothered by other creatures except if their scenes can interact with each other.

In LAB's case the interaction was the completely standard thing. Each enemy was just placed into a "cell" where you could fight them or loose and get grappled as normal for the H content.

In Zell23's case it's a bit more refined as the enemies are just waiting for the player's command to start their H scenes and the player controls each step and it's speed(they're pretty simple as almost every scene is just "put it in", "start thrusting", "speed up", "cum" and the "bonus round" that's basically death). Also the player doesn't get hurt or loose so it's filled with exceptions.

I admit I don't know how your system works, but I'd imagine adding the LAB's cell system would be simple enough. Just create a room where different cell doors open up depending on what enemies the player killed or lost to in the game.
From there the most complex thing should only be adding a system to trigger the BE state and either fight 1 or 2 enemies in case there are combinations.

But again this is just my own thought process. It would be cool to have the actual creatures and interactions instead of a scene picker, but no need to take my greedy ideas too seriously. ;)

anondum

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

so, any hint if the sentry cg will be with one or two sentries?

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

so, any hint if the sentry cg will be with one or two sentries?
Good question! It depends on what the patron that paid for that enemy wants, really. I haven't asked him yet so I can't say.

@Gaboris - I do want to implement user control in the H-scenes, at least! I can't say for sure how the gallery will be laid out, whether it's an area to wander around in and find enemies or a more menu-based thing, but I'll probably run a poll later in development and do whichever one people want more.

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Few new updates today!

First, I decided to go ahead and create a Discord server for Crisis Point (and any other games I make). I'll share small updates on there while I'm working, and you can use it to ask me any questions, or just chat about the game (or even things that AREN'T the game - rules won't be strict!) You can join the server here:

Second, a quick few screenshots showing off the new tiles in The Summit! A few minor things have yet to be replaced, but a lot of them are good to go, and the area is starting to look gorgeous!

Last but not least, I've been spending some time learning a little more about shaders. Shaders are essentially the programming equivalent to black magic, you can do all SORTS of crazy shit with them; the effect of things being lit on fire in Crisis Point is done using a shader, for example. I decided to also set up a shader to make it clearer when you're inside a Cursed Zone in the Catacombs, though! Here's a before and after shot of what the area looks like normally vs with the shader active:

Before

After

I got the effect by averaging out the colors to get a sort of greyscale, then adding specific amounts of the greyscale color along with the original color together to get a lower saturation, then subtracting a flat amount from each color which made everything darker - especially darker colors, which now end up mostly pitch-black. Looks like those torches around the catacombs are real useful now, huh? ;)

I'll be back soon with more information - and hopefully stream details! I want to start again really soon, I just need to get a comfortable chair setup again! My old, cheap one broke so I need to remedy that first before I can go back to working on my desktop, and unfortunately my laptop just isn't strong enough for streaming. Anyhoo, thanks for reading - and as always, for being so patient with me! I know I've been doing a terrible job keeping up with the more frequent updates I promised, and I'm really sorry about that. After releasing v.26 in February, I plan on starting to do at least weekly updates from here on out to make up for it and keep things consistent!

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, it has some real atmosphere in those screens now, good work

MegatronYES

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Yeah, holy fuck.

anondum

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Good question! It depends on what the patron that paid for that enemy wants, really. I haven't asked him yet so I can't say.
he seems to be a man of high taste so I won't worry

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Crisis Point: Extinction - Metroidvania H-game - FINAL PUBLIC UPDATE! (July 25th)

If Crisis Point does get a soundtrack of its own, the overall tone of the music probably won't change too drastically - there won't be any electric guitars or booming orchestras or anything of the sort, it just wouldn't fit with the game

HAHAHA silly past anon, you knew nothing

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Crisis Point: Extinction - Metroidvania H-game - FINAL PUBLIC UPDATE! (July 25th)

HAHAHA silly past anon, you knew nothing
This man has exceeded himself!!! :eek:

Man, now i want to hear some, pleaaaaasssseeee Anon please? (◕‿◕)

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

This man has exceeded himself!!! :eek:

Man, now i want to hear some, pleaaaaasssseeee Anon please? (◕‿◕)
There's just the two songs I've already posted in the past, but each one has electric guitar~

TheCreator

Demon Girl
Reputation score

There's just the two songs I've already posted in the past, but each one has electric guitar~

Both of those has a very Metroid-y feel to it, fitting for the genre and atmosphere of the game. I love both of them.

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

(Copy/paste from Patreon!)

Grab the champagne and disrobe, ladies and gents, because it's FINALLY time for v.26! As always, the download link is available on Patreon ( ) for patrons donating $10 or more, but all the information about the update is going here.

As some of you may know, v.26 had a very troubled development period. It took longer than any other update before it, principally because of some shit that happened in my life (my car wreck and moving to a new house, for example), but that doesn't excuse its tardiness. I truly am sorry for all the waiting I've made you endure, and I only hope that this update is awesome enough to make up for it. With that said, let's hop right into the changes:

UPDATE v.26 CHANGES
-Continue The Great Rework™
-Insect CG/Game Over scene added
-Tweak old levels for altered powerups
-New bullet system implemented, with 5 different upgrades to find
-Another redesign for Alicia (currently only on her Idle and Dashing sprites)
-New, original music for Caves, Summit, and Catacombs areas
-Jingles added when collecting upgrades
-Loads of new sound effects for various things across the game
-Complete rebalance of combat (detailed later in the post)
-Latcher enemies removed from the game entirely
-New tileset and background for the Summit area (many areas still have the old tiles; sorry about that)
-Fix more minor issues
-A whole shitload of stuff I've probably forgotten about over the long, troubled development period of this update

Alright, so as you can probably tell, v.26 is a beast of an update. There's a LOT of stuff packed in here, although most of it is on the game side rather than the sexual side. The only new H-content is an incomplete CG sequence; LustFire hasn't given me the background file, nor is the art completed in general, and I'm not willing to delay this already-super-late-update any longer. The images are still THERE, but they have no background and some of them need some tweaks to be consistent or fit Alicia's mood properly. Aside from that, there may be some things that were left somewhat incomplete because of all the distractions life threw at me these past few months, but I'm really hoping none of them are too awful.

In the notes above, I mentioned a complete rebalance of combat - here are the details on that. Enemies in Crisis Point now hit WAY harder; the farther in the game you find them, the heavier they tend to hit. To counter that, the rate at which enemies drop healing orbs has been DRAMATICALLY increased, and the amount that orbs heal has been increased as well. To give some specific numbers, health orbs are now a guaranteed drop if Alicia has less than ~30% health when she defeats an enemy. It is my hope that this change encourages a rhythm of fighting enemies to gain HP between save points, rather than trying to dodge past every enemy and conserve as much health as possible until you make it to the next save. In addition to those changes, there are now many HP Upgrades to find throughout the game, meaning your maximum health won't always be stuck at 99.. as long as you explore enough. To that end, I HIGHLY recommend everyone playing to do a full, fresh playthrough, rather than skipping to any part of the update using the teleporters. There's a lot to see, after all!

Alright.. Now that that's taken care of, on to my plans for the next update.

UPDATE v.27 GOALS
-Continue The Great Rework™
-Add new CG/Game Over scene
-Continue redesigning old levels with new, more interesting challenges and hazards
-Redesign menus for a better user experience
-Recode collision engine to not be complete ass-garbage
-Replace more of the old soundtrack with new, original music
-Replace old Deep Soil background and tilesets
-Rework many of Alicia's old animations with better proportions and details
-Add in more Bullet Chip upgrades
-Fix more minor issues

Thanks to the switch over to bi-monthly as well as the multitude of team members that have joined Crisis Point recently, updates should start looking a bit heftier from now on, as you can see! My goal is still to release v.27 in April, but it might end up getting pushed to early-May depending on how life treats me.

Well, that's about enough out of me for one update post. I cannot even begin to thank you all for the support you've given me, especially while I haven't given you much in return; I fully intend to make up for that, one way or another, starting with getting Crisis Point back on track. Thank you so much for all you guys have done for me, and I hope you enjoy v.26 of Crisis Point: Extinction!
-A42

UPDATE v.26 MINOR ISSUES
-The HUD will no longer flicker on screen when the player runs out of HP during a sex scene
-Unlit torches in the Catacombs are no longer slightly visible
-Implemented shader to make enemies flash red when taking damage
-Fixed longstanding bug where Scientist enemy could not drop items
-Insect Nests no longer drop Force Shot charge particles if the Force Shot has not been acquired
-Music will now dim during H-scenes
-Enemies will no longer respawn after being killed unless you travel two screens away
-Cumshooters can now drop items properly
-Implemented shader effect while in Cursed Zones
-Environmental darkness now has a slight tint unique to the area you're in, rather than pitch black
-Removed a small graphical defect on the HUD
-Loads of new sound effects added in various places
-Fixed rare crash that could occur when entering CG scene after knockdown but BEFORE sex

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

So this looks like you didn't do much in regards to the actual hentai. In fact you removed an enemy.

I can't say I'm excited about it. I'm here for the hentai.