What's new

ACT Patreon Active [Anon42] Crisis Point: Extinction

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Crisis Point: Extinction - Metroidvania - Final Public Update! (July 25th, 2015)

Yeah, a bit more definition to the shape of the legs would be nice but with the sprite size it's probably a difficult one to work around. And happy birthday Anon!

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Crisis Point: Extinction - Metroidvania H-game - FINAL PUBLIC UPDATE! (July 25th)

Just gonna go ahead and quote this again, since it's hella relevant now.

On a side note, Orexius may or may not be streaming tomorrow, but without me this time - I was originally planning on it, but then I remembered it may or may not be my birthday and I may or may not have plans. So instead of streaming, I will leave you with butt.

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Crisis Point: Extinction - Metroidvania - Final Public Update! (July 25th, 2015)

Sexier than before. but the feet needs a bit of improvement.
With the new idle poses, her left leg doesn't look like it has a knee/calf anymore.
Consider it noted. We've messed around with her legs quite a bit and haven't found a satisfying level yet, but we'll keep tryin'. I already see a few improvements to make.

@Slam Sector - Thanks man! I'm really happy with her new sprites, now was definitely the right time for a rework.

@Jesus - Thank ye kindly <3 Will try to define legs moar

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Consider it noted. We've messed around with her legs quite a bit and haven't found a satisfying level yet, but we'll keep tryin'. I already see a few improvements to make.

@Slam Sector - Thanks man! I'm really happy with her new sprites, now was definitely the right time for a rework.

@Jesus - Thank ye kindly <3 Will try to define legs moar
All this talk about feet know makes me wonder... will there ever be chance of footjob? :p

aephrosi

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

That ass though. That's very nice! :D

I really like in the before, how the right breast was facing the camera almost directly, and the left was off to the side. It felt like there's more depth, instead of how they're both basically facing the same way.

In both there is an almost straight line from the collar bone to right above the nipple, which looks a little weird to me.

I haven't really done pixel art before, so I was a fairly interested to see if I could poke at it and show what I meant. I focused on the front knees and breasts. I added a bit of definition to the abs too. :shrug: Do with it what you like.

Attachments

Jesus

Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

That ass though. That's very nice! :D

I really like in the before, how the right breast was facing the camera almost directly, and the left was off to the side. It felt like there's more depth, instead of how they're both basically facing the same way.

In both there is an almost straight line from the collar bone to right above the nipple, which looks a little weird to me.

I haven't really done pixel art before, so I was a fairly interested to see if I could poke at it and show what I meant. I focused on the front knees and breasts. I added a bit of definition to the abs too. :shrug: Do with it what you like.
This actually works really well imo, though the knees look stick-thin now (And the calf ends too low) which is what I'd have expected. A better effect might be achievable with some shading

obligitury

Sex Demon
Reputation score

horray for the full nudity.

this game is very fun. i look forward to when its finished.

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

(direct copy/paste from Patreon)

Hey everybody! I wish this update could be the one where I release v.25, but unfortunately it still isn't ready. Soon though, I promise! Instead, I just wanted to point out the new Patreon goals we just set.

After much deliberation, me and Orexius have finally agreed to potentially add a feature that many people have been requesting: alternate outfits. If this Patreon reaches $4k a month and stays there, we'll be adding several outfits (most likely chosen through a poll) to the game, which can be unlocked through various conditions, such as beating the game in under a certain time. These outfits will come with various bonuses or negatives that will make playing the game with them a little more interesting, with any luck!

The second goal, set at $6k, is pretty simple. It will allow Orexius to quit his dayjob and work on Crisis Point full-time with me. As some of you may know he's been picking up a lot more animation work with the game lately, freeing me up to do more of the things I love; namely, everything that isn't animating. I'm honestly not a big fan of animating, so this is a huge bonus for me and would speed up development of the game pretty significantly. The overall style of the game isn't going to change though, since I'm still overseeing the artistic process and making sure the new sprites keep to the same style.

Last edited:

Soljer13

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Hey anon42, my life prospects got a bit better, and i managed to scrape together 10 dollars out of my countries meme currency, but that's all I have and i don't think I can get another 10 next month, are you okay with it if I toss you these 10 and i guess maybe next time I can afford spending them on something that isn't meds, bills or food, throw you another 10?

If you'd prefer subscription over a onetime payment I'll understand.

EDIT: Question: Are ALL H-enemies and bosses getting game over sequences with voiced lines?

Last edited:
OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Hey anon42, my life prospects got a bit better, and i managed to scrape together 10 dollars out of my countries meme currency, but that's all I have and i don't think I can get another 10 next month, are you okay with it if I toss you these 10 and i guess maybe next time I can afford spending them on something that isn't meds, bills or food, throw you another 10?

If you'd prefer subscription over a onetime payment I'll understand.

EDIT: Question: Are ALL H-enemies and bosses getting game over sequences with voiced lines?
Absolutely, don't feel obligated to stay pledged if you can't afford it! One time payments are perfectly fine, although I certainly urge you (and anyone else) to take care of your own financial needs before pledging to me!

To answer your question, yes - every single H-enemy is getting their own Game Over CG sequence with voice acting. The only exception is the Hellhound, who WILL be getting a sequence, but there will be no voice acting, as the actress is uncomfortable working with beastiality for legal reasons. I also haven't decided exactly how I want to handle the Boss Game Overs - the bosses typically have a fancier sprite sex scene than regular enemies, and I'm considering finding some way to incorporate the sprite sex and CGs into one sequence, but I haven't figured out exactly what I want to do with that yet. Regardless, they'll all be getting something too, it's just a matter of figuring out what.

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

To answer your question, yes - every single H-enemy is getting their own Game Over CG sequence with voice acting. The only exception is the Hellhound, who WILL be getting a sequence, but there will be no voice acting, as the actress is uncomfortable working with beastiality for legal reasons. I also haven't decided exactly how I want to handle the Boss Game Overs - the bosses typically have a fancier sprite sex scene than regular enemies, and I'm considering finding some way to incorporate the sprite sex and CGs into one sequence, but I haven't figured out exactly what I want to do with that yet. Regardless, they'll all be getting something too, it's just a matter of figuring out what.
This is wonderful news! I so look forward for this gem to be finished *drools*

Soljer13

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Well I can pitch an idea. The second boss inflates Alicia with cum/its bio-mass. So the CG Sequence could probably show her belly growing, then maybe birthing smaller forms of the boss.

The first boss on the other hand im not sure. As it swallows Alicia and then tentacles poke her in the privates. Nothing happens after that. Maybe something similar to the purple tentacle ending.

Id like to say cum inflation is my primary fetish and i hope to see a bit more of it later on.

Yunguy1

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Well I can pitch an idea. The second boss inflates Alicia with cum/its bio-mass. So the CG Sequence could probably show her belly growing, then maybe birthing smaller forms of the boss.

The first boss on the other hand im not sure. As it swallows Alicia and then tentacles poke her in the privates. Nothing happens after that. Maybe something similar to the purple tentacle ending.

Id like to say cum inflation is my primary fetish and i hope to see a bit more of it later on.
I was thinking of Marionette of the Labyrinth for the second boss, since it's similar to that of that one giant gollem boss. Although the birthing part, I'm not so sure it would really fit in this kind of game.

Although for the earth worm boss, I'd just think of the usual vore scene where the protagonist is just starting to panic, and then accept her end. :v

Soljer13

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I was thinking of Marionette of the Labyrinth for the second boss, since it's similar to that of that one giant gollem boss. Although the birthing part, I'm not so sure it would really fit in this kind of game.

Although for the earth worm boss, I'd just think of the usual vore scene where the protagonist is just starting to panic, and then accept her end. :v
Refresh my memory, but what does the golem do in that game? Its been a really long time since i played it and I dont remember even fighting a golem.

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

The second boss is cum inflation rather than pregnancy, so there won't a birthing scene there. I wasn't looking for suggestions on what the scenes themselves should be so much as how it should work mechanically; the normal enemy CGs are just a string of CGs and text, which I could do for the boss scenes as well, but I'm also considering finding a way to mix the CG and sprite sex together. It's just something I need to decide on sooner rather than later.

@Yunguy1 - I will say now there won't be any implied death with the sex scenes in Crisis Point. The worst thing that'll happen to Alicia is becoming a sex slave forever :B

(copy/paste from Patreon follows)

This took like.. WAY longer than I wanted it to, but v.25 is finally ready for the wild. Like last time, the download link is available on Patreon for patrons $10 (and the limited $5) or higher. There were a lot of changes this month, seeing as it was the beginning of The Great Rework™, so let's dive right in and see what changed.

UPDATE v.25 CHANGES
-Begin the great rework
-Implemented Dash powerup
-Implemented Ledge Grab powerup
-New Force Shot system implemented
-Finished duo BE H-animation for Warped Sentry
-Alraune CG/Game Over scene added
-Option added to turn off all sexual content
-Fix more minor issues

Like the last several updates, there are no new areas to explore yet, but UNLIKE the last several updates, there's actually a lot of new stuff this time. First off, the option to turn off all sexual content; this option was added in last minute, and I'm not 100% sure it disables absolutely everything. It should make the game significantly safer to play around other people, but use it at your own risk! For now, the Dash and Ledge Grab abilities are unlocked at the start of the game - the controls are listed in the controls list when you start the game, so make sure you give it a read this time. Since they're given at the beginning, it is very likely you'll be able to skip large sections of the game, since the levels were not designed with them in mind - please forgive me if there are any game-breaking bugs due to this, as I simply did not have time to edit all the level designs. I'm hoping the next update will have fixed this completely, but in the meantime, hopefully there will be some fun sequence breaking to be had.
As for the next update..

UPDATE v.26 GOALS
-Continue The Great Rework™
-New CG/Game Over scene added
-Redesign old levels for new powerups
-Implement new bullet system and several of the new bullet types
-Reanimate several of Alicia's movement animations to fit her improved proportions
-Fix more minor issues

Next update will be mostly gameplay-focused, but that won't stop there from being another CG added at least. Unfortunately, since it's already the 18th and next month is December, during which I have a week-long trip out of town to see family.. I'm probably not going to be able to "catch up", so to speak. That would leave me about a month to finish two updates and I absolutely do not see that happening. Luckily Orexius is helping out more with animations now, even if he can't go full-time yet, so I'm confident I can get all this done by mid-December, but I'm really sorry I got so behind again. The further along this game gets the more difficult the release-a-month schedule becomes, but now with Orexius helping I think I might actually be able to get back on track, so I'm just going to accept the loss, push v.26 back to December, and focus on making it great.

In the interest of keeping you all in the loop, I'm going to try and make posts more often this month as development continues - I've been really bad about that for a long time so it's time to put more work into it. I've said it many times before and I'll say it again: thank you all so much for your support, especially when things don't go according to plan. It means the world to me that you're all still here, and I refuse to let you down, even if it takes me a while longer than I planned.
-A42

UPDATE v.25 MINOR ISSUES
-The path through the catacombs "cursed area" should no longer bug out and skip a room
-Being grabbed by BE vines while masturbating will no longer bug the BE vines
-Wooden totems can now be pulled again
-Warped Sentry blockbox shortened slightly
-New Idle pose for Alicia
-Certain things, like BE vines, can now be burned with the Flare Shot
-Overall darkness level of the game reduced
-Light emitted from objects and player is now more intense

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Hey guys. Sorry I never posted about this here, but for those of you who don't follow my Patreon or tumblr, I was in a really bad car crash about a week ago. I don't want to get into the details again (I'm injured but okay - if you want to know more you can read about it on my Patreon activity feed, even if you aren't a supporter), just figured I should let you all know. I've been recovering for a little under a week now. I'm feeling a bit better than usual today, and I feel terrible about the delay this is causing, so I'm going to try and get some work done, even if it's just a little. While I've been out of work, Orexius has been throwing as much of his free time as possible at some of Alicia's new animations, and we finally finished up her new run cycle today.

For comparison's sake, here's the old one

And here's the updated cycle

Next up, we'll examine the mystery of why people ever liked this game in the first place when my animations were that horrible! (but we won't really.)

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Oh my gosh! :eek:

I'm glad to see you healthy now, and i wish you good luck always! :)

And don't worry man, there could be indeed some people who are heartless enough to complain about delays caused by unforeseen accidents like this, but that people definitely ain't me nor the majority of your fans, so take your time and make sure to stay healthy you hear? :cool:

One last thing, i approve the updated running animation. Those jiggles are hypnotizing. :D
Oh, i also just noticed that her thighs and buttocks are now juicier!

Last edited:

sonny

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

the "I CANT WAIT" type of people sometimes troubles everything, even if are patreons.
Anyway, I hope that your recuperation will be quick Anon!! And nice bouncing animation, its betther than before.

Jesus

Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I hate to be that guy, but something about the boobs makes them look like footballs, either the shape or shading, I prefer the old one in that aspect. The additional details look great though.

Oh shit, I just read that first part. Glad you're okay, I've been through a couple in my time.

Last edited:
OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I hate to be that guy, but something about the boobs makes them look like footballs, either the shape or shading, I prefer the old one in that aspect. The additional details look great though.

Oh shit, I just read that first part. Glad you're okay, I've been through a couple in my time.
You are absolutely correct. Somehow neither of us realized that her shirt is perfectly hugging her body shape, including boobs, rather than hanging naturally as a shirt should. I wouldn't be surprised if that alone is what makes you dislike it. Consider it on the list of things to fix.

@sonny - You're not wrong, but to be perfectly fair to everyone, there hasn't been a single person who complained about me not getting work done because of this, patron or non-patron. Everyone has been extremely supportive and understanding. Feeling terrible for not getting anything done is completely on me, and I'm going to do my best to pace myself so I don't cause any other problems.

@AGamerPassingBy - Thanks so much for the kind words. I wouldn't say I'm healthy quite yet, but gradually making my way back there at least. As long as there's nothing major I'm unaware of yet, it's just a matter of time and rest.