What's new

VN/TEXT NTR Loli Shota Ryona [Alice Soft] Sengoku Rance / 戦国ランス

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Sengoku Rance

Will I know what this means by the end of my first playthrough?
Yes, short to speak.

Ironically, I'm still not done my first playthrough myself. But I have a near perfect run of my first playthrough thus far...

((Have like 16-18 character clears))

Carver

Lurker
Reputation score

Will I know what this means by the end of my first playthrough?
You won't know what it means if you don't start a second playthrough. And to Keylo, you could still possibly wind up with 0-10 points when it's all said and done XD

@Phoenix: It takes that long? I've waited for fifteen, twenty minutes, but this computer is old, so it's possible that if the game requires that many resources, then my computer just isn't powerful enough.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Well, you could always re-download it and try again. has it in only two (somewhat large) parts.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

You won't know what it means if you don't start a second playthrough. And to Keylo, you could still possibly wind up with 0-10 points when it's all said and done XD

@Phoenix: It takes that long? I've waited for fifteen, twenty minutes, but this computer is old, so it's possible that if the game requires that many resources, then my computer just isn't powerful enough.
On the contrary, I have 20+ points on a first playthrough. I am content.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Very nice Keylo. Out of two playthroughs I have 50-some points as well. I'm not sure if I want to quit the game I'm doing and kill the monkey or try to do one of the other non-main storyline routes.

@aika: Once you've finished the game once, when you start a new game, it'll ask you if you want to play normally or in free-for-all mode. Then it'll ask you to pick a character. I don't see any point to this as I don't see how you can unlock any of the H when you're not playing as Rance. If you can and I'm just missing it, someone let me know.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Have it, along with most of the powerful artifacts. I also start out with 3 fans, 10k gold, and 3 more national power.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

And...apparently that's still not enough to take on 5 star difficulty x_x, well... without reloading 432423 times.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Haha yeah the trick to the higher difficulties is to recruit as many extra characters as possible using points, then sell all their troops and dismiss them for the cash. Other than that it's pretty much just GL2u.

Reputation score

Hey there, sorry to re-animate this thread, but I am stymied and I was hoping that somebody, anybody, could help me out.

Basically, fuck those fucking asshole Demon Army fuckwads. Anally rape them with a goddamn chainsaw, those fucks.

I can deal with the stupid fucking Infected, no problem. I can deal with the neverending supply of retarded fucking monsters, no problem. I just can't get past those fucking douchefags in the goddamn first castle.

For a bit of background, I have basically everything else in Japan, I allowed the Tenshi sect to live, so I have Seigan, and the only houses left around are Youkai (upper right), Tanegashima, Tokugawa, and Iwamoto (Iwatomo? Whatever, the stupid hannies.) Got past the four Shimazu brothers, killed the one in the Commander battle, killed that Suzaku moron in the Commander battle, Demon Army has just four territories in the lower left, right? Should be easy, right?

Shogun Isun is a cockbag. Seriously. That's the part that I'm stuck at, right there. And I can fucking not figure out how to get past him. He's like a giant fucking roadblock, if that roadblock were to figure out how to rape your goddamn mother in front of you and fucking *LAUGH* at your tears. He's got over 6000 troops (Not a typo, six-fucking-THOUSAND, and I have at the most (MOST) 3200, and that's only because I killed those fucking pandas to increase Hakkin's troops. Everyone else has 2k, tops. SIX-FUCKING-THOUSAND.

Basically, what the fucking fuck should I do about this prick? I've tried everything I can think of, and I'm just fucking stuck as hell.

ScrewDriver

Lurker
Reputation score

Perhaps if you "fucked" less, and used the head on your shoulders more than the one that's in your pants, you'd have figured out what to do by now. Give it a try - maybe you'll speak in a way that doesn't make you sound like a complete moron.

Reputation score

Heh, perhaps. My apologies, I believed that my point would be retained even despite the liberal profanity in my post. Basically, I was trying to be crudely humorous, and failed.

Very well, once more, this time with fewer "naughty words."

Story 'til now: Started game, took out Hara, Ashikaga, Iga, Asai-Asakura, and Kenshin, allowing the Tenshi sect to live. Waited until the monkey broke the fifth gourd on turn 90, or 100, whichever. Defeated Byakko and Xavier at Honnouji, waited a bit, Demon Army showed up. Waited a bit longer, they took out Takeda, so I started attacking them. Four Shimazu brothers appear, blitzkrieg my ass, take two territories in each of the two former Kenshin provinces. Eventually, I win those back, and in the meanwhile DA takes out Mouri.

I conquer one of the Takeda territories, and DA takes out Miko Institute and Akashi. Note, I'm going based on memory, and the DA conquests may not be in order, other than Takeda. Eventually, DA takes out Akashi, leaving Oda, Tenshi sect (under my banner), Tanegashima, Tokugawa, Imagawa, and Youkai. I keep trying to destroy their holdings in the east, but eventually a cutscene pops up, saying it's been a few months, but Oda has driven DA into a corner (essentially) and gives me control of all their eastern territory, leaving them with just the four western countries.

Oh, right, between the two, there were a few cutscenes dealing with the DA releasing the seal on the Soul Eater (Soul Barrier? Something.) and hiring Youkai from, apparently, everywhere. And, I think that's everything pertinent.

So, I am at an impasse, trying to take over the castle in their one territory I can attack. Their front three are a Human Killer, with around 1700 troops, and two Monster Commanders with ~2k each. Their back three are a Time Killer with around 1500, another Monster Commander with around 3500, and Shogun Isun, currently with around 6000 troops.

My current combat-ready troops are Hakkin with 3200, Leila with 2000, Kenshin with 2000, Maria with 1800, Suzume with 1600, Yamamoto with 2500, Rance with 1700, Kouhime with 2600, Aburako with 1500, Kanami with 1500, Naoe with 1800, random miko unit with 1100, Seigan with 1000, Katsuie with 2300, Ranmaru with 1300, and that's about it. I've explored every dungeon (that I can) once, I've searched for every treasure (except for the Draft Coupons that keep popping up in the southeast province). I've just recently figured out that imposing levies gets you an item as well as money, but I don't think that's going to help a great deal.

Basically, I'm stumped and (when I wrote the previous post) quite pissed off. I just cannot defeat that guy in the castle. I can't kill off his generals, even if I defeat the unit, and I can't build up enough preparation to swing the battle gauge in my favor, since I only have 3 fans. I thought you were supposed to be able to grab a fourth at 150 satisfaction? Didn't happen for me.

So, that said, can anyone offer any sort of advice?

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Get strong archers and a powerful tactician for your back row. Use kenshin, rance, and demon-boy-I-forget-his-name in the front row. Have your archers target the back row only, preferably the shogun and any mage monster you see. You probably won't win the first time you fight him. When you fight him the second time, though, he should start out with his army weakened from the previous battle.

(Also, I beat the game with only 3 fans and I think the fourth is at 180.)

Reputation score

Kentarou, really? Why's that? He only has slightly above average stats, though I don't know about his troop limit. Does level come into the equation for Troop battles? I didn't think it did.

Additionally, how do you increase troop limit outside of those magnifiers? Does level have something to do with it? I don't think this was mentioned in the wiki.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Well, first of all, you want the reward item for the golden cat thing asap. It prevents a general from ever doing anything, but all your armies get an extra troop each turn. Also, if a general's army survives a battle, they get stronger. As for kentaro: when you get him to like you enough and you have the ability 'rance attack' you can get him to get his on ability that works the same.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Rance Wiki said:
Max troop size is calculated as follows: (4 * Provinces) * 100 * difficulty * ratio, where difficulty is 0.5 for normal, 1 for one star, 2 for two stars, and 3 (not 5) for five stars.
Ratio is each unit type's ratio. Most units have a ratio of 1, but Foot Soldiers and Archers have a ratio of 1.5, whereas Diviners, Ninjas, Mikos, and Muskets have a ratio of 0.7. So if you want more units, grab more provinces.

Kentarou has Kentarou Slash, which mirrors Rance Attack. He also has high stats. Stats are everything. The better your captain's stats, the better he will perform in troop and dungeon battles. Me, I don't care for him much for troop battles, but he's decent enough to use.

The fourth action fan you get at 160 satisfaction, and the fifth you get at 260.

As far as battle preparation goes... it only resets to zero if you fight in that province. I'm guessing you're at the last territory in that country, but sometimes, some countries will attack your countries instead of retaking their territories. See if you can get them to do that (via save/loading), that might help. Just let them take a territory in your country, that way you won't be wasting troops either.

Another tip: if you fight them more than once in one turn, the damage you did in the first fight carries over to the next one. So fight them with some of your weaker units, then bring out your main force to try and take them out.

Also, if you haven't used the satisfaction bonuses in order to call for reinforcements, DO THAT. The captains you get from reinforcements are some of the best in the game. Uraza, the tactician you get, has an ability that hits all enemies and knocks off one of their action flags. Magic, one of the mages, uses Intelligence to attack and therefore ignores foot soldiers' guard bonus. She also gets an ability that hits two enemies in a row for 3x her normal damage. Other than that, try Natori; she gets an ability that cuts off 30% of each enemy's troops. Which is a HUGE number when you start talking about enemies that have more than 5000.

Let us know how that works out for you.

Reputation score

After six turns (SIX!) of attacking the province once each turn, and defending only at that province I finally, FINALLY did it! I followed your original advice, Phoenix, and used Rance, Kentarou, Kenshin, Maria, Yamamoto, and Ai, kept whittling down their front three with mine, targeted the Shogun with my ranged, and barely eked out a gauge victory. Apparently I just wasn't giving myself enough time to fully whittle them down. Then again, SIX TURNS. Ridiculous.

@Alias: I didn't notice that formula on the wiki, thanks for that. Also, I didn't see the fourth fan option at 160, nor 170, 180, or 190. Might have just missed it. Also, I went Leazus route for reinforcements, and the Miko Institute was destroyed by the Demon Army before I could capture it; I think I was fighting Uesugi at the time, can't remember. Also, yeah, I know that battle prep only resets if you fight there, that was my original plan; 3 actions of prep, hope they don't attack there, then next turn 2 prep and attack.

@Phoenix: About the golden cat: does the general need to participate in the battle, or can I give it to one of my "ministers"? Also, I had Kentarou's slash, but I think I prefer Leila's Royal Troop Charge more. 2 times damage vs. units with more troops, that can basically 1-shot most Infected units, and those are too big a pain in the ass to ignore.

Well, back to the game, and hopefully there aren't any more terribly frustrating points before I finish (heh, fat chance.)

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

The person with the gold cat gets no action at all. Just sell all their troops off before you hand them the cat.

To make sure you realize it:

A general with the cannot starts off the turn highlighted red and unable to take any action of any type whatsoever.