What's new

VN/TEXT NTR Loli Shota Ryona [Alice Soft] Sengoku Rance / 戦国ランス

Rin Umiko

Reputation score
Re: Sengoku Rance

Let's see...
Front round:
-Rance: just there for show
-Uesugi Kenshin: of course, her power is too good to pass.
-Some random foot soldier for minimal damage
Back round:
-Maria: main damage dealer
-Omachi: her Lightning and Great Lightning are amazing
-Sanada Tourin: I haven't got Uzura (no more space), and I prefer him to Ai (don't have to spend as much effort)
Sometimes I switch Rance for Yamamoto for Sweeping Fire and Whirlwind.

Stat-wise, Suzume is not as good as other ninja, but her Chun-chun shuriken enables her to cancel those pesky diviners/miko's preparation without the foot soldier getting in the way. Of course you can always blow them away with Yamamoto.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Question, it may just be my play style, but how many countries were conquered by the demon army at first for you before it stopped expanding?

The demon army conquered:

Shimazu
Mouri
Takuga
Takeda
Houjou

All through the use of cinematics so that I never got to fight any of them. (Also, Mouri took out Tanegashima as well so I didn't get to fight them either.)

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

What satisfaction bonuses does everyone go for?

I gave Rance an extra action point, got the extra action fan and then just got 50 extra troops for everyone over and over.

((Having said that I'm still probably not even halfway through my first play through))

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

@Phoenix: Ummm... None except the Shimazu?... I captured everything before taking out Honnouji (Date excluded, but you get the idea).

@Aika: I got my extra action fan at turn 13, then after that I used "call for reinforcements" over and over again to acquire what may possibly be the best characters in the game ((Namely Uzura, "Magic", and "Rizna")). After that I used "Elite Troops" for Rance, followed by getting Rance Attack. After that, I maxed Rance's action points, and got his 4th fan around 130 satisfaction so...yeah.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Phoenix: The demon army works through the gourds, in case you haven't figured that out yet. Once you take over a country, if it has a gourd (you can check this in the system screen, F5), it will break. The demon's monkey will also break a gourd every few turns - first one at 10, then I forget but I do know that the last one is broken at 90 no matter what. The demon army appears a few turns after the fifth gourd is broken. They conquer the bottom left hand kingdom, and then they will take over EVERY house that you haven't conquered yet, besides the one-eyed house (top right hand) and the Asai house (the one with the blue haired chick and the tengu with the fucked up face and the evil pandas). So whatever houses they take over just depends on what you've not taken over yet.
Also, Phoenix, Mouri house taking over Tanegeshima only happens the first playthrough. Basically you have the house with the Nuhe and you have the house with the muskets; Mouri will take over whichever one you didn't attack. On every playthrough after that, Mouri will leave both countries alone though.
On the subject of the Mouri house, I was really looking forward to seeing the foursome scene between the three daughters and rance... totally not worth it.

As for what to use satisfaction points for, calling for reinforcements is definitely one of the better ideas. Maria, Magic, and Ururza stand out as particularly good units. Rance attack is also useful, as is the other guy's attack - the only other commander that can go up to 99, the one that takes care of Miki, I forget his name. Kyoto or something. Kentaro? -1 cost for troop replenishment is also a good idea. All that, though, comes after getting more action fans (duh).

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Phoenix: The demon army works through the gourds, in case you haven't figured that out yet. Once you take over a country, if it has a gourd (you can check this in the system screen, F5), it will break. The demon's monkey will also break a gourd every few turns - first one at 10, then I forget but I do know that the last one is broken at 90 no matter what. The demon army appears a few turns after the fifth gourd is broken. They conquer the bottom left hand kingdom, and then they will take over EVERY house that you haven't conquered yet, besides the one-eyed house (top right hand) and the Asai house (the one with the blue haired chick and the tengu with the fucked up face and the evil pandas). So whatever houses they take over just depends on what you've not taken over yet.
Also, Phoenix, Mouri house taking over Tanegeshima only happens the first playthrough. Basically you have the house with the Nuhe and you have the house with the muskets; Mouri will take over whichever one you didn't attack. On every playthrough after that, Mouri will leave both countries alone though.
On the subject of the Mouri house, I was really looking forward to seeing the foursome scene between the three daughters and rance... totally not worth it.

As for what to use satisfaction points for, calling for reinforcements is definitely one of the better ideas. Maria, Magic, and Ururza stand out as particularly good units. Rance attack is also useful, as is the other guy's attack - the only other commander that can go up to 99, the one that takes care of Miki, I forget his name. Kyoto or something. Kentaro? -1 cost for troop replenishment is also a good idea. All that, though, comes after getting more action fans (duh).
Actually if you hold off from conquering certain countries, but leave them in a state of war with you, you can prevent the monkey from breaking the gourds. By using this "exploit" I was able to hold off from having the monkey break enough gourds until AFTER I conquered both Mouri and Takuga, then used operation/battle permits to attack the Youkai Empire, Iga, and the house with the Nuhe's constantly to keep them one step from being conquered while raising everyone's affection points/etc during the Honnouji event.

Carver

Lurker
Reputation score

Fairly large spoilers in this one.
The alicesoft Wikia tells you pretty much everything. However, Mouri has taken over Tanegashima and/or Akashi on my second or third playthrough, so I think I'm calling shenanigans on that.

I've done the True and Ran route and am working in the Isoroku route as I speak. I find that I'm using different characters every time.

First playthrough: I never used call for reinforcements as my cost was always maxed. Little did I know then that I should've just fired some newbies and made space for the awesome that is MORE HSCENES AND EPIC COMMANDERS! I also attacked Takeda first out of the big 3 Northern Japanese families (after getting through Hara, Ashikaga, Iga, Tokugawa, Iwagawa, and Asai-Asakura) as it seemed like the most heroic thing to do. This was a fairly bad idea, especially when Houjou decided to attack me. (WTF?!#?!#?) However, this is the only way to get some nice tebasaki (cavalry) units. I didn't even get the Takeda commanders (except Sanada Tourin who you automatically get), because soon after the Demon Army stomped around on everyone else.

As such, I had fairly few "special" characters (ones who you can talk to to increase affection as opposed to those you can't). I used Rance, Ranmaru, Shibata Katsuie, Suzume, Isoroku, and generally Sanada Tourin. For the final battle where you can't use Rance, I used Ranmaru, Shibata Katsuie, Tanegashima (the lego-man), Suzume, some random Cavalry dude who was fairly strong (cavalry fkin OWN), and Sanada Tourin (Battle rating down 2 WHAT?!@?!)

I also managed to finish the Orochi dungeon in this one without the Emperor Sword, which I didn't even find until my second playthrough.

Second playthrough: Going for the Ran route means NO DEMON ARMY. As such, while you may have plenty of time to recruit commanders (see: all game), you may very well be attacked by 3-4 powerful nations at once! I got attacked by Shimazu (who owned Mouri who took over Tanegashima) who now had 4 Shimazu bros, Agireda, Mouri Matanari, the 3 mouri sisters, and Tanegashima and Yuzuhara Yuzumi. On the northern side, Takeda and Uesugi were attacking me at the same time as well.

I managed to get Akashi because I wanted to see the storyline, and I went after Houjou quickly to get the Ran route.

However, I saw the power of "call for reinforcements" from the Wikia, and decided to call in Rizna (Zeth), Kentou Kanami, Maria, her subordinate Kasumi (or something like that, I fired her immediately), and Leila the Knight (All of these from Leazus).

There's no final battle for this one, just a final dungeon full of commander battles, and really all that shines here is what level your units are. Besides, you use everyone in your party. However, Kenshin didn't really stand out in commander battles for me. Mainly, my good units were Rance, Ranmaru, Shibata again, Maria, Sanada Tourin, Shimazu Toshihisa (yes you can get the Shimazu bros in this route), Ran (You thought Natori's miko storm was good? Advanced Shikigami is EPIC with 8-9 intelligence), and Leila. Really though, their dungeon fighting strength was more important.

Third playthrough: I've started to go through everything now that I have a lot of bonus points (55) to deal with. Firstly, the best bonus character is by far this epic monk that goes by the name of Makutsudou. With 9/8/5/4 stats out of the beginning, monk charge plus, and convert action 2 as well as youkai ward, this guy helps you crush the early two houses extremely quickly. Add a popularity staff to him (from your bonuses) and lol.

Then, I reinforced from Zeth first to get Rizna, Uruza, and Magic. Check this combo. Kenshin + Uruza + a convert action monk (Aburako Dousan or Makutsudou). Kenshin -1 action. Uruza accurate shots -1 action. Convert action on Uruza. Accurate shots again -1 action. That's -3 actions! Pump speed into uruza and your convert action monk and you should be able to do it before any of your foes spend two action points. :)

This is the first playthrough I used whirlwind shot on Isoroku, and it's a much better decision that Foot Soldier Snipe which I was using before. The one-shot kills are actually fairly often once you have many troops. I also got Yuzuhara Yuzumi relaly quickly, so I'm trying Working Bee on her, despite the original handicap of killing half your original troops (+2 actions, and aim and shoot only costs 1, and it has a chance to instant kill!)

Rance is actually looking pretty shabby compared to my other units. I'm looking at Rizna, Uruza, Isoroku or Magic, and in the front we have Kenshin, Shibata Katsuie (healing his injuries makes him a great tank), and Makutsudou.

Overall though, you have to fight a lot of fights. Scouting allows you plan best for the fights, and my set of fighters is extremely varied since I generally have to go through all of them every turn, and so I'll put different people together every time. Against cavalry, it's nice to have a foot soldier in BOTH rows to defend your units. One with "All guard" will quickly run out of guard/die. Note that INTELLIGENCE actually improves the guard rate of foot soldiers :)

As for satisfaction, here's my priorities:

Action fan

Amazing old man (Only get one, but allows you to do tons more stuff if you don't have tons of bonus characters)

Reinforcements/Action Point/Rance Attack/Kentarou Slash (depends on what I need and my current cost to national power ratio)

Elites

Shibata healed injury (can only be done fairly early, do it if you use him)

Troop replenishment -1

Everyone's affection +3 (helps to advance story very well, but don't get it if you have already advanced most of your characters as far as they will go)

Troops + 50 for all

Last edited:

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Actually if you hold off from conquering certain countries, but leave them in a state of war with you, you can prevent the monkey from breaking the gourds. By using this "exploit" I was able to hold off from having the monkey break enough gourds until AFTER I conquered both Mouri and Takuga, then used operation/battle permits to attack the Youkai Empire, Iga, and the house with the Nuhe's constantly to keep them one step from being conquered while raising everyone's affection points/etc during the Honnouji event.
Interesting. It's fairly easy to conquer every house (aside from the one-eye house and the bottom left corner house) before the demon army appears, so they only take over the bottom left hand corner, but that's still a neat trick.

Carver

Lurker
Reputation score

Interesting. It's fairly easy to conquer every house (aside from the one-eye house and the bottom left corner house) before the demon army appears, so they only take over the bottom left hand corner, but that's still a neat trick.
Actualy I have noticed some inconsistencies myself with the Wiki, but it's been very helpful if playing the game, so it's done its job. On my first playthrough, I went straight at Takeda after conquering the small houses around me. That took so long and was the fifth gourd, and so the demon army ended up taking tons of houses, like Uesugi, Houjou, Mouri, and Takuga. I didn't think that the monkey would avoid breaking gourds of countries at war with you.

Rin Umiko

Reputation score

But how can you defend when you're at war with many countries at the same time?

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Why do people keep mentioning the monkey doing it? The monkey only did once for me, every other time some ninja group operating under Big Ears would fetch the gourd to bring to Nobunaga.

nanaya1234

Lurker
Reputation score

Pretty much a lurker but anyway. The thing with the monkey is if you let a certain number of turns pass (can't remember how many) he'll just go ahead and steal another gourd. But it doesn't happen if you conquer a country with a gourd as it just gets ninja'd or sold off.

Carver

Lurker
Reputation score

Why do people keep mentioning the monkey doing it? The monkey only did once for me, every other time some ninja group operating under Big Ears would fetch the gourd to bring to Nobunaga.
You're right.

However, there's an option in future games that allows you to kill the monkey (touchikirou), thereby changing the story so that no gourds ever get broken. It's just kinda correlated in my head that the monkey causes all of this XD

nanaya1234

Lurker
Reputation score

When you "kill the monkey" you'll literally not be in any route since the story can't even start. So that "route" (it really isn't one.) Is the perfect chance to clear characters (especially the ones that die because of the demon army. Those characters won't die now as the demon army never shows up.) and get points as you really don't have to do anything other than conquer everywhere (trust me this game is tons easier when you don't have to worry about crap like the demon army). And yeah it's pretty much the monkey's fault.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Pretty much a lurker but anyway. The thing with the monkey is if you let a certain number of turns pass (can't remember how many) he'll just go ahead and steal another gourd. But it doesn't happen if you conquer a country with a gourd as it just gets ninja'd or sold off.
Ninjas take the gourd even if you don't conquer the country at times.

Also, the easiest group to play with in the free for all has to be the youkai family. (The people with the eyeball as the leader)

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I'm still nowhere near finishing this. I've just got to the bit where everyone found out Xavier is in Nobunga.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Free for all is a mode you unlock after the first playthrough and has everyone at war with no actual plot. The main point of playing it is so that you can get the five route points for finishing it. (And because you don't have to deal with plot events as you wipe out everyone with an attack group consisting of the nine-tailed kitsune guardian and 3 foot soldiers to protect her while she uses large lightning.

Carver

Lurker
Reputation score

Free for all is a mode you unlock after the first playthrough and has everyone at war with no actual plot. The main point of playing it is so that you can get the five route points for finishing it. (And because you don't have to deal with plot events as you wipe out everyone with an attack group consisting of the nine-tailed kitsune guardian and 3 foot soldiers to protect her while she uses large lightning.
Free for all is broken on my version. It freezes after I choose an army :(

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Are you sure? Wait 2-3 minutes before giving up. It takes the game a little while to set up.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The main point of playing it is so that you can get the five route points for finishing it.
Will I know what this means by the end of my first playthrough?