What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker Alansya Chronicles - Fleeting Iris [v0.83 Final]

madmonkskillz

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Alansya Chronicles - Fleeting Iris [DEMO UPDATED 2017]

Just so you guys know (in case you don't already) it takes about 2-4 years of college education to become a Registered Nurse (RN), about a 1-1 1/2 years of training to become a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), and about 1-3 months of training to become a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).

None of these really fit the time constraints that the game has set, and seeing as Ayame doesn't have prior training in this field, it doesn't look like it would fit that well.

Of course if you're not concerned about realism you don't need to worry.

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Mmmm while there are jobs i get why the morale need to be low for them (like the strip club) why does she need low morale for a nurse job? If its spoiler just say spoiler xD, because unless there is a twist i don't get why she can't get that route the same way she gets the store job (fleeing melvin)
Because of the sexual activities she initiates in the Nurse route.

Just so you guys know (in case you don't already) it takes about 2-4 years of college education to become a Registered Nurse (RN), about a 1-1 1/2 years of training to become a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), and about 1-3 months of training to become a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).

None of these really fit the time constraints that the game has set, and seeing as Ayame doesn't have prior training in this field, it doesn't look like it would fit that well.

Of course if you're not concerned about realism you don't need to worry.
First of all, gratz in your degree, secondly, she's more of a nursing assistant than a certified nurse, we just decided to shorten it for convenience.

Secondly, yeah, realism is something that you try to stick to when making an H-game but it's more like guidelines than a rule.

madmonkskillz

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

First of all, gratz in your degree, secondly, she's more of a nursing assistant than a certified nurse, we just decided to shorten it for convenience.

Secondly, yeah, realism is something that you try to stick to when making an H-game but it's more like guidelines than a rule.
Oh no. Don't get me wrong. I'm not a Nurse nor training to be one. I just happen to have A LOT of knowledge that is ultimately useless to me.

As for realism. It's true. You can really only go so far in H-games. While it's always good to use "realistic rules" when playing a game supposedly set in a "realistic setting," it's not good to stretch timed goals in a game when it's not needed.

I recommend (for this scenario, assuming you weren't already planning this) to make it so that Ayame has to go to the local college or a training center at the Hospital to undergo a week of nurse training (which can end in a fadeout like when she works anywhere else.) This shows a bit of realism because she doesn't automatically get a job that she should have to train for, and it opens up the route for "pre-training" scenes.

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Agreed, compromising on this will be somewhat tricky but next patch we'll come with a solution.

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Oh no. Don't get me wrong. I'm not a Nurse nor training to be one. I just happen to have A LOT of knowledge that is ultimately useless to me.

As for realism. It's true. You can really only go so far in H-games. While it's always good to use "realistic rules" when playing a game supposedly set in a "realistic setting," it's not good to stretch timed goals in a game when it's not needed.

I recommend (for this scenario, assuming you weren't already planning this) to make it so that Ayame has to go to the local college or a training center at the Hospital to undergo a week of nurse training (which can end in a fadeout like when she works anywhere else.) This shows a bit of realism because she doesn't automatically get a job that she should have to train for, and it opens up the route for "pre-training" scenes.
She could also have previous experience as a paramedic, first response worker, etc.

coldfire211

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

she could be a volunteer. like a candy striper... or in her
case more like a candy stripper eventualy

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score

After playing the demo to get all but 1 scene (cant get the kid to use her undies) will the real game randomly lock you into routes or will it be more apparent? Was tryin to do Melvins and kept getting the swinger route lol. did finally managee to get all but that 1 scene tho.

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

After playing the demo to get all but 1 scene (cant get the kid to use her undies) will the real game randomly lock you into routes or will it be more apparent? Was tryin to do Melvins and kept getting the swinger route lol. did finally managee to get all but that 1 scene tho.
I think part of the issue for this currently is that the game isn't supposed to be locked into a route after the first couple scenes, but that's all they have developed so far. As there is more and more content in the game I bet you'll be able to progress more in each route without getting locked.

And I'm sure before you go for an ending they'll throw in a heads up so you don't get blindsided by ending your game if one route is shorter than a different one.

Oh and @HRPG, looking forward to more of Melvin's and Jack's route! I think the addition of new jobs will be cool, because it should make travelling around the city feel somewhat worthwhile and a lot more real.

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score

And the current version is more advanced that the demo, i asked how much more some pages ago and got the asnwer, if i remember well it was like 1 hentai scene for each route + some odds and ends, wich i imagine is dialogue and the like.

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I think part of the issue for this currently is that the game isn't supposed to be locked into a route after the first couple scenes, but that's all they have developed so far. As there is more and more content in the game I bet you'll be able to progress more in each route without getting locked.

And I'm sure before you go for an ending they'll throw in a heads up so you don't get blindsided by ending your game if one route is shorter than a different one.

Oh and @HRPG, looking forward to more of Melvin's and Jack's route! I think the addition of new jobs will be cool, because it should make travelling around the city feel somewhat worthwhile and a lot more real.
Yeah, that's currently the one thing people dislike the most about our game, "huge map we get lost easily". Once the maps start getting their purposes it will make this much less annoying.

And yeah, starting THE VERY NEXT PATCH we're going to start locking people on routes with actual warnings, some of the "locks" that you currently have will be lifted. Right now they're only there to keep you on track.

I thought everything was pretty intuitive if you actually read the dialogue, for instance when you get a chance to QQ to someone you can simply pick Jack and go from there which enables his route.

To start Jack's route just stay in True End / Virgin route (say no to all Melvin's advances) and you will get some choices for Jack. I guess Jack's route coming from the true ending is what causes a lot of people to miss it.

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ah thanks, ill give it another go :p

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ah thanks, ill give it another go :p
If you get lost at any given point or can't decide what to pick just let me know and I'll try to be more detailed.

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score

If you get lost at any given point or can't decide what to pick just let me know and I'll try to be more detailed.
Just came from checking your patreon (just something i do from time to time) and OMG the heroine for the 4th game looks awesome, reminds of Saeko from Highschool of the Dead (RIP manga and creator T.T).

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Wha? I'm lost, you mean this?

EDIT: Just googled. I should watch that anime some time.

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Wha? I'm lost, you mean this?

EDIT: Just googled. I should watch that anime some time.
Before that i should warn you, the anime and manga are amazing but i doubt it will be completed since 1 of the authors died, the other one is his brother and they switched roles between writter and artist but even before that the manga was on hiatus for a long time, maybe 1 day he will finish it but it won't be soon.

Dideldidum

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Yeah, that's currently the one thing people dislike the most about our game, "huge map we get lost easily". Once the maps start getting their purposes it will make this much less annoying.
Well since you already included a pdf with a basic map in the game folder, you could implement that ingame so people could check where they are going. it would help a lot to get around.

and btw what is the purpose of the huge map? because unless you implement a walk counter for things like exposing/harassment i dont see why the distances ingame need to be that big.

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So it seems Yummy's thread is closed again thanks to your bullshit.

I wonder why this one is still up.
Because unlike Yummy I didn't request for this one to be closed. Let that sink in before pointing fingers.

Well since you already included a pdf with a basic map in the game folder, you could implement that ingame so people could check where they are going. it would help a lot to get around.

and btw what is the purpose of the huge map? because unless you implement a walk counter for things like exposing/harassment i dont see why the distances ingame need to be that big.
We want to make a different style map ingame. Later on there will be something on every map of the game so, please bare with us for a while.

Dideldidum

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

We want to make a different style map ingame.
looking forward to it.

Later on there will be something on every map of the game so, please bare with us for a while.
i think this is another "i didnt get my point across moment" :p

what i meant was: why are the map cells so big. for example after leaving the house the first cell consists of a street and two houses (own and garcias house). but there is quite a walk distance. this cell could be halved without leaving out anything (maybe? my experience only comes from playing rpg maker not building maps), the same is true for about all other maps ingame.

the problem with this is the movementspeed modifier in rpgmaker. it sucks!

it is really annoying to walk long distances with low speed, but it´s equally annoying if for example you are working in melvins pub and you are too fast and cant "hit" the customer or the register because you walk into a table 3 times.

this is something i noticed in a lot of games with map cells of your size.
which is why i like games with smaller cells a little more. take yummytigers prologue map of the first village: smaller buildings but it still feels big because it is crowded with various objects and houses. Buildings in your game are a lot bigger. every map item takes more space and thus adds to the characters walking distance since the mapcell needs to be bigger to accomodate everything.

i doubt this is something easily changed if so desired, but maybe something you could look into for your next projects?

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

looking forward to it.

i think this is another "i didnt get my point across moment" :p

what i meant was: why are the map cells so big. for example after leaving the house the first cell consists of a street and two houses (own and garcias house). but there is quite a walk distance. this cell could be halved without leaving out anything (maybe? my experience only comes from playing rpg maker not building maps), the same is true for about all other maps ingame.

the problem with this is the movementspeed modifier in rpgmaker. it sucks!

it is really annoying to walk long distances with low speed, but it´s equally annoying if for example you are working in melvins pub and you are too fast and cant "hit" the customer or the register because you walk into a table 3 times.

this is something i noticed in a lot of games with map cells of your size.
which is why i like games with smaller cells a little more. take yummytigers prologue map of the first village: smaller buildings but it still feels big because it is crowded with various objects and houses. Buildings in your game are a lot bigger. every map item takes more space and thus adds to the characters walking distance since the mapcell needs to be bigger to accomodate everything.

i doubt this is something easily changed if so desired, but maybe something you could look into for your next projects?
Oh, go to options menu, you can accelerate Ayame move speed by 6, this will make that walking much less painful, it says so in the tutorial at the beginning of the game.

Regarding the buildings, I just wanted them to look "somewhat realistic" to create a slightly more immersive experience.

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Oh, go to options menu, you can accelerate Ayame move speed by 6, this will make that walking much less painful, it says so in the tutorial at the beginning of the game.

Regarding the buildings, I just wanted them to look "somewhat realistic" to create a slightly more immersive experience.
Well, since we are making suggestion how about adding ramdom events int he street witht he npcs? apart from the shouts out of course xD, just things that make heaven city feel more alive.

Another suggestion would be to include a save that skips the prologue and starts on the first day working for melvin (when she signs up and melvin checks her out), i have played many demos and the first days are always anoying, i think i know them by memory! xD