What's new

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Akabur Games

Pass the nights with Snape, eventually they'll hatch the plan to "train" her, then a few hundred days later, she'll either (depending what you've done so far) come crying that she failed a test or implore you to tutor her.

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Akabur - Magic Shop

Normally I just read and dont write ... but ... this is just rediculous to say that you needed a lot of time and he would need the same amount of time ... you have to think about that YOU tried to build your first game with it while AKABUR already did atleast 2 fully made games with the same engine and even if he implented some new features all in all ca. 80% of the game is the same as PT or MS ...

Sry for interrupting but this has to be said. ;)
What had to be said? What you said did not make sense. I never stated his workload in inputting the game into Ren'Py took him the same amount of time as it took me. YOU said that. What I stated was that it takes A LOT longer to create these games, even with engines like RPG Maker or Ren'Py, than most people realize. The assumption that you simply sit down and input your game and pictures easily is completely false.

Witch Trainer has a significant amount of features that are different from Princess Trainer. The basic foundation is the same (train a slave/student), but that is about all. I don't remember ordering items in PT, or reading books, or having four houses compete for point totals... I could go on.

As I said, I was not even making that post to defend the game as good (even though I do think it is a good game), I just want people to realize it is not a quick and easy as many believe. If it was, you would see a helluva lot more English h-games. I mean Akabur is making $8,000 a month, as people keep liking to bring up. If it is so easy, why are more people not doing it? I sure would like to play more English h-games.

Skadrille

Reputation score

Pass the nights with Snape, eventually they'll hatch the plan to "train" her, then a few hundred days later, she'll either (depending what you've done so far) come crying that she failed a test or implore you to tutor her.
I did it, she accepted the training but I don't have the option for favours, only the tutoring one. And I don't remember there were something else to do

Edit: nevermind, just had to pass some days after the training proposition

Last edited:

loopy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Witch Trainer has a significant amount of features that are different from Princess Trainer. The basic foundation is the same (train a slave/student), but that is about all. I don't remember ordering items in PT, or reading books, or having four houses compete for point totals... I could go on.
None of the game is that different, except for being more limited. The books are basically porting the slave academy from PT, except instead of teaching your slave how to be more compliant and less inhibited, you teach Genie how to be more effective at paperwork. The fiction books are a little different, but not enough to merit much credit for innovation.

The point totals are RNGs with a few checks involved. Not complicated.

Ordering items is a few status variables, with an RNG for the number of days, followed by an RNG check on every day but the last.

Nothing in it is earth-shattering in terms of mechanics or the skill required to implement it in Ren'py code. If he finds the coding daunting, it's because of a lack of skill. If I were making the game, I'd find the artwork involved to be the bigger hurdle.

That is why people keep pressuring him to take on a collaborator who would handle the technical end of development. I think the main reason he doesn't (other than possible control issues) is that the design isn't particularly solid at any point during development. It's just half-defined ideas, and what makes it in is the stuff he can muster the initiative to work on. If he started out designing the game with a technical assistant involved, and let it evolve from a basic, but well thought out design, he could farm out the coding to the technical person, and it wouldn't matter much if the artwork was pending. If he decided to add a new feature half-way through, he'd have someone familiar with the code to add it, and who had hopefully designed a decently extensible base that wasn't a mass of spaghetti scripts and copy-pasted code.

RubenRybnick

Reputation score

I just finished the Game. I just hate the Grinding. Reading books and wait for houre points allt he time. Fucking annoying.

The sex scenes are okay. They would be great with CG. I like the Public Favours, but i think they are not extrem enough. I would like to train her harder. Have a Gangbang, be a cumbucket and crazy shit like that from Princes Trainer.

But i have to admit the Endings are really nice made. The CGs and that the whole end is just nice. The spitting and public Cum stuff is nice. If the whole game would be as good as the ending, i would really enjoy and recommend this game. But atm its just okay.

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Nothing in it is earth-shattering in terms of mechanics or the skill required to implement it in Ren'py code. If he finds the coding daunting, it's because of a lack of skill. If I were making the game, I'd find the artwork involved to be the bigger hurdle.
I agree with you, but this is my point. For me, the artwork would not be the most challenging part. I could churn out CGs for every favor in 1-2 weeks, but that easy coding you mention would probably take me a month, minimum. I'm sure Akabur is more knowledgeable than I am, but my point is you should not assume the setup was simple and took a day or two at most (which the prior poster did).

I also agree that he should take on a technical partner, but overall, it is his decision. He does consult with the Xajilo guy.

Cloud737

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I kinda wish more elements of Harry Potter universe were implemented. It would have been nice to see some sexual Imperius Curse play, or maybe have a Polyjuice potion accident with a cat one more time...

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

As someone who did took a class in some programming before, I'll just give my input here.

Coding is harder than it looks, even one tiny miswording can ends up breaking the whole thing and now you have to swim through pages of text just to find out where it broke (if you even know what broke it to start)
(an easy example is if your game check for HP equal to 0 (== in most coding, = is usually for assigning values) to trigger a defeat, but your character took a hit so hard its HP drops into negative and you also didn't have a check that if a stat drops below 0 correct it as 0, so your character never dies and keep going into bigger negative the more damage you take)

It's like speaking to the most strict language Nazis ever, and they don't tell you that you spoke wrong, they just kick you in the shin based on how bad the mistake was (which can range from negligible to bone breaking to ripping your legs off)

That said, artwork is also not that easy either (I have a few artist friends), if you make a mistake in proportion or stance,
(this is the easiest example to find :v I've seen worse)

And in case of something like CGs during a scene, even if you can re-use the background/part of the pose, you still have to redraw somewhere and depending on the art style of it that can take multiple layers and re-positioning to get it right.

That said, if the author doesn't care about particular flaws then certainly it'll be faster to ignore it ._ . but even at the most basic stuffs it'll still take some time. If you includes that the author also have life to live and that sometimes 2 properly working things can still collide either in the mechanics or in the story (like say if a character is imprisoned as part of the story, but you still can trigger an event where you and that character have sex somehow )

Last edited:

loopy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I've taken apart his code to some extent, so I'm not just guessing. I would characterize his style as "business major taking programming as an elective". I know coding isn't easy. Believe me. I've been tasked with reverse-engineering file compression, coded bugs where one byte for every 4 kB of source file went off, and had to chase that down. So when I look at it, I feel qualified to say that somebody with good experience in Python and Ren'py who understands programming concepts could do the work much more easily.

However, Ren'py appears to have attempted to simplify things to a point where someone writing a very basic story can almost do it as they would in a text file. Given that, he'd likely have to touch the source code in some fashion, so it would always be a collaboration. And the simplification of the language would actually make it more difficult for the coder in my opinion, since the syntax appears kind of kludgy and verbose, and your ability to simplify certain things is hampered by the keywords available, etc. Although, you can include actual Python to extend things somewhat. I just don't know what all the limitations are.

lord_toker

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Something happened with training hermoine and now she refuses to do public acts. Is there some way I can undo this?

How do I get the last two sex acts for her? I've read all the books besides waifu.

markus0i

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Something happened with training hermoine and now she refuses to do public acts. Is there some way I can undo this?

How do I get the last two sex acts for her? I've read all the books besides waifu.
There are 2 endings, private slut, and public slut. You eventually get locked into one based on how many private vs. public sex acts she's done. It's kind of annoying, because as a public slut she can still do all private acts, but not the other way around.

The last 2 sex acts come from Waifu. Also, if you finish with ending 1, 2, then 3 with that book, then do them all an equal amount, you will get the harem ending, and the short skirt.

cvonsuela85

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Here is a walkthrough for the game someone posted :

reddit.com/r/walkthrough/comments/2pocel/hermione_trainer_walkthrough_akabur_nsfw/

droglob

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Can based Liru game save 2014?

It's gonna be really short and barely a game at all but the art style and animation are on a league of it's own. I hope there's a translated version and we're not stuck with moon runes :(

That's another reason why it's frustrating to see this game fall so short. Japan puts out a game every 2 seconds, not only has it all become a blur of sameface and predictability but playing through them is a constant exercise in frustration because of the lack of translation. Very few things stand out from the pile and the ones that do still have the language barrier to contend with.

Zorneus

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Her mood doesn't get better than "NOT upset with you".

You are wasting presents. You only give her presents when you make mer mad, so you give her presents until she isn't upset anymore.
Advancing in the game is based upon the reading the fiction books, you get ideas based upon the books you read.
ty both, nut the problem was that I didnt got an event with severus :D

textbook703

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

The grinding in general I feel could have been easily reduced. I don't mind how many meetings with Snape you need, or the process of corrupting Hermione, but the reading could have been cut in half and still served it's purpose.

So 5-6 chapters for educational books, 10 chapters for fiction, and maybe 4-5 chapters for the reports. That would still make it worthwhile to get the bonuses, but eliminate a good portion of the game's drag.

Of course, I am against grinding as an artificial way to increase play time in all games.
Honestly though it inflates the play time VERY little. The reason it's grindy is because, for the entire duration of the grinding, you are required to perform actions that can't be automated or half-zoned-out on. You can't alt tab, you can't watch a video, etc because you need your eyes AND your mouse hand AND your left hand. if he had just made it a button instead of a menu, like a "BOOKS" button on the letterbox so that you'd reduce the number of clicks involved, it'd be way easier.

markus0i

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I've had multiple posts deleted off the 4chan threads in V and VG that were positive about the game. Apparently some mod there only wants hate filled posts.

dusk99

Reputation score

Breaking my lurker status-I'm not here too fight on either side of this just too bring you festive joy www .patreon.com/creation?hid=1385259 (put the link back together). Dahr is great and if people don't know Iris is Dahrs creation-check PT gallery for the dresses he did as extra for her. Any way peace and good will ect too all.

OP
T

TTOG

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Save:

Another Walkthrough:

Hack:
Found on 4chan
So here are the useful commands I found for the console in v1.01.

First to enable console:
1. go into config.py and ctrl + f developer and change false to true
2. go to renpy\common\00console.rpy
set config.console = True

commands:
slytherin = 99999
gryffindor = 0 (this one sucks. slytherin command is way better)
store.gold (or gold?) = 99999
mad = 0 (when she gets mad just use this instead of waiting for gifts)
whoring = 100 (she'll do anything)

vads

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Save:

Another Walkthrough:

Hack:
Found on 4chan
So here are the useful commands I found for the console in v1.01.

First to enable console:
1. go into config.py and ctrl + f developer and change false to true
2. go to renpy\common\00console.rpy
set config.console = True

commands:
slytherin = 99999
gryffindor = 0 (this one sucks. slytherin command is way better)
store.gold (or gold?) = 99999
mad = 0 (when she gets mad just use this instead of waiting for gifts)
whoring = 100 (she'll do anything)
i did it but can find a consol in the game... how to open it?

NEVERMIND.... found it... just presing "shift+D" and choose consol :)

Last edited: