What's new

Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

Karsuman

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

Thing is, having "rolled a black" the chances were equally good that it was the archer (and also a chance on some of the others ones, most of which I can use too)
Instead I got the druid, who I have no use for, at least none that I can think of right now.
The black druid is a utility black, and like many utility blacks, doesn't offer some overwhelming damage feature(by itself anyway).

Nonetheless, this one gets multi-target: 5 with 310 range on a mild CD, healing tokens and one of the most cheat passives in the game. Even if she may not offer the sheer oomph of say, the new black archer, she is far 'having no use' for a free player, and should be leveled with priority. Especially for a f2p player.

Aeonmaster

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

@nysse
I wouldn't have commented at all if you hadnt edited the post a 2nd time. The 2nd edit sounded like: Ffs, why couldn't it be the black Archer.

soranokira

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

The black druid is a utility black, and like many utility blacks, doesn't offer some overwhelming damage feature(by itself anyway).

Nonetheless, this one gets multi-target: 5 with 310 range on a mild CD, healing tokens and one of the most cheat passives in the game. Even if she may not offer the sheer oomph of say, the new black archer, she is far 'having no use' for a free player, and should be leveled with priority. Especially for a f2p player.
Hibari > Fiore! Fiore has no priority!

*runs*

lucifer4444

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Any black is always good to a new player, and this druid is actually a better option than another dps to a long time player, this ability to put your ranged unit immune is just awesome and offer a lot of option, they are always some ranged slot on hard map that are hard to use or impossible to use because they are in range of some boss or one of those flying shit that trow you a spear that one shoot any ranged unit, with this druid you don't give a damn, put her around and just trow your best dps right under a boss nose and he will get rekt without being able to do anything.

And anyway, this is a tactical game, it's more fun to have to use your brain to play it that just trow the strongest unit the game offer and watch as the game clear by itself.

nissebrygger

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Seeing the ringing endorsement of the flowery little lady, I've dropped some armors including two blacks from the last Majinn events into her (sorry Hibari).

And then run her through a few SC worth of various maps and challenges.

So whats the (limited of course) practical experience of that, (wall of text)
- Well, She do as Druids do. Her attack is a lightning bolt and the slowing effect seems more of a stun on bolt impact than a witch slow.

- On Skill activation her attack graphics change from a bolt to an entwining wine that envelops the target and with a different sound effect to it.

- The trees of life work as those do, cheap tokens, that do some minor healing, and has a instant map wide heal on placement (as the normal healer class has on AW), cant be healed themselves, ignored by ranged mobs etc. etc.

Link for those interested in Trees of life :

- She has a low'ish cooldown, so her skill is up pretty quick again pre-aw. after aw multi-targets, longer cooldown, different ranged protection synergy (runs less often).

- During skill ranged units within her range, including herself (she counts as a ranged and is included),cannot be targeted.

The eligibility for being a target is done when the mobs select one, so pressing it during a Lich's wind-up of their nuke, has no effect, the target selected will be hit (ran the old Lich Gate map a few times too) even if her skill is running when the hit lands.

- She is squishy, incredibly so, basically elf-squishy. Ties with the most squishy units I have.

So whats my personal impression post-minor-testing then,

Well ... I still really dont need her. at least not right now.

She's not bad or anything, but much of her power is not all that interesting in the maps I ran through,

- The ranged thing is nice, but not really that relevant outside of some specific situations. Generally speaking once the breathing room it gives is over, and the going is tough, either ones healers can heal the incoming damage or not.

If they can, the ranged protection is somewhat irrelevant and if they cant, then it does not really solve anything as the team still gets crushed.

Good for tipping a tight balance in ones favor or muddle through a sticky situation though. Very good in fact (provoked some situations with weaker teams in a few maps to try it out).

And there are bound to be events and maps where it likely is a cheat skill that trivializes things. Simply didnt have any practical examples in the maps I could run now. Maybe retry her for next Majinn round, dunno.

- Dps is fine. No critisism there.

- Ranged protection being a fair part of what she do, am not entirely sold on the longer cooldown post-AW. But that may be unfair valuation as I on purpose chose maps and situations to try out the ranged protection rather than her blasting ablity. Tradeoff is probably good. perhaps even really good (semi-rare in real world sitautions to need the ranged prot. dps on the other hand can always be used)

But all said an done

I'll heal through the incoming damage on ranged units, I'll aoe stuff that needs that or magic damage, and if I need to chain drop trees (their heal is too low to have them take a unit slot on the map) i've probably done something wrong that dooms the map anyway (golden on some desert and poisons maps though)

Dont particular doubt she'll come in handy and can probably cheat like mad on some maps or situations in the future, so she'll be levelled up and maxed as pr. usual.

and yes, if I got lucky enough to get a black, I really wanted that archer, thats why we roll on ps, in hopes of getting the stuff we really want :)

disclaimer : it's my experiences from running a fair chunk of different maps with her, and others experience may differ. there are probably errors in some of it or I missed something. I wanted some practical experience with her and felt I got it. Decided to share, the spoiler is there so it can be skipped easily for those uninterested in it.

edit 2 : and before anyone gives me any grief that Petite has posted the skill and passive info, I know! I am listing what I encountered, found of interest and how it worked in practical terms for me and thus base my opinion on.

edit 3: and I have cleared all maps (not 3* or 4* all regular maps though) I have available, so kindly no moaning over me putting units into the druid over hibari, I dont need hibari in the short term, her levelling can wait a bit. the druid test was of more interest to me here and now.

Last edited:

Karsuman

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

A couple notes on the druid from an experienced player.

Story maps aren't really the way to gauge that kind of passive. Very few of the maps have ranged enemies of note(except greater golems and that dark lord that guards the prince's goddess arms, I suppose), nor do they have difficult scenarios in most cases. The druid's passive is for especially difficult enemies, which is probably a good thing since that means she has a place in very tough stages. In these kinds of stages - where healing output can be very strained even with the likes of top-tier healers like Black Iris and Saria, or where ranged units may literally be oneshot by some enemies - the passive can be invaluable. It also negates counterattack damage and covers up the downtime of some other stealth units(most notably, Supura, if you have her - unlimited stealth uptime with a very strong skill herself).

Outside of her passive, her SAW is a decent bit of supplemental damage. Her actual DPS is lower than many blacks players are probably more familiar with, though this is pretty normal for many support/utility blacks(Sarah, Towa, Kikyou, Mikoto and so on don't specialize in amping their own DPS). The druid's is still higher than most other units by virtue of hitting five targets at once and having 310 range. I wouldn't be surprised to see adjustments to the modifier or having true damage tacked on at some point. It depends on how many silly Japanese players complain about her having less DPS than a platinum unit with similar skills, range and offensive stats but faster ASPD - Anelia. Also, the devs love buffing support units.

As for the tokens, I would prefer if they did Prim/Ranger/Rinne-style tokens for druids, personally. Limiting the number that can be deployed to 1 or 2 but having them not taking up regular unit deploy slots would be a pretty nice buff for druids. But it is what it is for now. It's best not to think too deeply about these little guys outside of tough content, but you must remember that these things are healers for 8 cost and very disposable, so they are great intermediary healers. In tough stages like majin they have a distinct role of being an untargetable source of healing with 280(!) range, so they can actually get away with very aggressive positioning, and are really handy tertiary healers when you're withdrawing unnecessary units near the end of a stage to tank big things. Also keep in mind that Fiore's SAW buffs them - in my team they'll end up with around 500 attack when this is active, which ain't bad for an 8 cost token.

Those are my main comments for now.

Aeonmaster

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

How are those sap Tokens untargetable? Do the enemies not attack them in Majin stages?
Or do you mean in combination with fiore.

Last edited:

Karsuman

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

They have a pseudo-stealth - kind of like ranger traps.

Like other stealth units they can't be targeted, but may take splash damage as a result of a nearby ally not having stealth.

This gives them an interesting niche since no other healer has stealth unless Fiore's skill is in effect.

Aeonmaster

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I guess it is a recent buff or I was just dumb for not noticing it.
Edit: just a question but is it worth it to aw the plat maid only for the 30% uptime for Estelles SAW? Not sure if I want to raise a 2nd maid only for Estelle.

Last edited:

nissebrygger

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

You are absolut correct in the assumption that it is a recent change.

From their change log (google translated from the Link I posted inside the spoiler)

- 2016/07/07 maintenance of Changes
Modified sacred tree to not be a target of the enemy of long-range attack

2016/07/14 maintenance of Changes
Add the effect of 300 restore the HP of all allies at the time of tree (pre-AW) placement of life
Add HP 500 recovery to the effect of all allies during the sacred tree (AW) placement of life

It is a token that have gone through a fair number of changes to buff it

edit ; While cheap it is important to note that they do not return costs on withdraw, so there are limitations to the situations, mostly in the beginning of a map where UP management matters, of how agressive one wants to drop them. Often it is simply better to tank the damage and get a "true" healer out a bit later. This is obviously not a concern for an end of the map boss situation where untargetable healer spam is all good (if there is space within range).

Also missed in my note, which people may or may not be aware of, druid dies, tokens die (normal procedure, but many probably havnt used tokens, so just a general piece of info) and she is reaaaaaally squishy (think Spica), easily fixable by good placement of course and being a back bencher she wont be that far forward, but still wouldnt count too hard on keeping her up if nasty AoEs are incoming and she is in blast range (no MR btw, so full damage).

On the up side, she is a total sweetie, and I am admittedly a sucker for that ;)

Last edited:

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You know who is also squishy, but still sees plenty of use in harder difficulties?

That is with 260 range as well. Play smarter.

nissebrygger

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I have her and use her.

And use her more defensively than my other healers, exactly for the reasons mentioned, she can get in trouble in a number of situations.
Also have and use Spica extensively. Same principle. Sometimes I have to push other lower-dps but higher hp archers in a front spot.

/shrug

Last edited:

khawk016

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Uh, this may help:
gotta say i was hoping someone would post something like this but didnt want to ask for it cause i didnt know if it existed already or not either way thanks

Karsuman

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

A notable characteristic is the ability to set up shop near dangerous enemies and wipe them out before they can move.

Last edited:

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I have her and use her.

And use her more defensively than my other healers, exactly for the reasons mentioned, she can get in trouble in a number of situations.
Also have and use Spica extensively. Same principle. Sometimes I have to push other lower-dps but higher hp archers in a front spot.

/shrug
The main difference between the Elves and Fiore is Fiore's flexible positioning options due to her massive range (310). These grant her more "safe" spots where she can placed at without being put in dangerous situations often, while still being able to provide support to other units that need her passive's effect and occasionally deal good support DPS.

If you're trying to use her aggressively for a better coverage option, then you are intending to use her offensively, where she has better enemy acquisition range for her skill. There is a risk vs reward in this situation. You can lessen that risk by placing a unit in the proximity that can take aggro and help her avoid the splash damage. It may not be the case with Bifrons, Dracolich, or the Zombie Dragon, but, in general, it is enough to keep her safe.

In missions with sparse ranged slots, she will do a lot better than the Elves you mentioned because she doesn't necessarily need to be put in the front. There have been missions with very cramped primary ranged spots, which Fiore is able to stay away from thanks to her range.

If you're still that worried about her durability, then protect her better by ensuring she gets enough heals so that she doesn't die immediately.

In the end, it comes down to whether or not you want to use her more as a unit that can clear a large number of enemies better or as a utility unit that supports better ranged units and protect them from ranged attacks.

nissebrygger

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

A notable characteristic is the ability to set up shop near dangerous enemies and wipe them out before they can move.
Do I spy a min-cost AW99 Aisha in that team? Its a bit hard to see for all the other power houses.

:)

Sorry I know that is not constructive, and I get the point you are making, but couldnt help smiling a bit over a top team doing aw orb map as example.
that map is about as dangerous for that team as rural gate is for aw prince.

Anyways, meant with smile so take it with one, and it is a good map for an example since it has a ton of waiting special mobs :cool: and fine pictures too.

Edit : and thanks for the effort too btw. While I may not agree on all points or simply have some doubts, I do appreciate the info and effort. allows thoughts to be refined and new options to be thought of.

Last edited:

Karsuman

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Do I spy a min-cost AW99 Aisha in that team? Its a bit hard to see for all the other power houses.

:)

Sorry I know that is not constructive, and I get the point you are making, but couldnt help smiling a bit over a top team doing aw orb map as example.
that map is about as dangerous for that team as rural gate is for aw prince.

Anyways, meant with smile so take it with one, and it is a good map for an example since it has a ton of waiting special mobs :cool: and fine pictures too.
Those cr fairies and time fairies went to a good cause.

And yeah, I'm not gonna claim that map's hard for my team. Just an example. :p

Larcx

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Pulled a single PS to get a good stampcard for next month.
Loh and Behold first Black ever on a pull.

The black druid do-hikey-thingie lady

Thats so typical me ...

Spica could use a stronger partner and I get the treehugger ..
Onore Dikeido....

Bad day is bad....
Black is good , but I think Black Archer is better
Another one is a Loli , of all thing I could pull......

Silver Samurai - Male Bow - Male Rogue , 3Silver in a row F***.......
Black Druid - Plat Loli

Well whatever , still..... PRAISE THE GODDESSES!!!!

Aeonmaster

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

>calls black Archer better
>Not seeing her real worth

khawk016

Tentacle God
Reputation score

decided to roll for new ui sexiness and got the plat premium thief i have to assume shes just better then the gold right ?