What's new

Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

On the second map, do NOT kill the first two goblins for a pleasant surprise.

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So what map is good for farming scrolls?

I run 30/1 once, 1 scroll.
35/2 twice, 1 scroll each time.
40/4 once, 1x1 and 1x2 scroll so 3 scrolls total for 4 stamina.

I'm waiting to get char/sta for the 6 stamina map but I wanted to see results from other people.

silence

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Did a couple of runs for the last map had a few crystals stockpiled up.

All the enemies pass through the middle section first on this map so if you hunker down with a couple of decent melee's and a healer or 2 with a pair of mages right on the corners you'll blow through everything just make sure you get a soldier down and an archer to back them up right at the start.

Last map I've seen single and sets of 3 scrolls drop yet to see the third drop suspecting it has something to do with the samurai unit that appears mid way through the map.

Drop wise I've seen two 3 sets of scrolls and 2 single scrolls not all in the same run to theoretically you can get 8 scrolls in a single run over 4 drops but you'll mostly get 4 or 6 most I got was 7 when I got 2 trio ones and a single.

Dragonpaladin care to elaborate on the surprise for letting those two goblins through I almost managed to do it with the last of my points but would like to know what I'm trying to obtain by messing around with them again rather than farming scrolls.

Ashurmen

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Mmmm last map got between 3 and 6 scrolls average 4-5

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Haven't seen 6 yet, but 5 exists. That samurai is indeed a silver samurai.

Strategy:

One easy and very boring event if I do say so myself.

Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

They stealth added a bronze and silver male pirate:
Mauro:

Giovanni:

Skill: Strengthen Range (I guess he's Soma food—or the other way around).

Sanosuke:

Skill: Strengthen Defence (Moderately priced Lean Sushi).

Uzume:

10% Attack for 10 seconds. I'm willing to bet the skill increase only increases it by 1% for 1 more second. I guess Ren's going to have the same cost, and the same kind of skill multiplier and duration.

Part of me wants to skip farming this event; the units don't particularly appeal to me.

EDIT:
Got my first copy of the Fairy Queen Sedis, though I had to spend a few more sacred crystals than I would have wanted thanks to the maintenance issues. I'm going to slowly save up, and try to get another copy so I can hopefully reduce her cost and get her skill so it's the same as Carmilla's skill out-of-the-box.

I've also been testing out Spica, and she's not as fragile as I expected her to be. Her defence actually makes her more robust than Daniella at handling the ranged harassment from these event maps. Mine currently has 58 more defence, which makes it so she only has to take 6 physical blows before she makes up for the difference between their HP totals.

Last edited:
OP
B

Braemir

Cthulhu
Reputation score

All maps cleared on first try. Just bottle up your defense at the junction and you don't have to worry about the corners on the last map. I had Phyllis and my plat HA blocking with archers/mages/witches and 1 healer covering the junction. Easy enough. I did get 6 scrolls on the map, but no Samurai. In addition, 2 pulls of gacha got me the new girl. At least they paid my crappy luck from last event back with a good pull. Currently at 26 scrolls.

ThePie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just a little tip for farming rural gate I found:

Once you get your units set up and you want to fast forward, but want to afk and do something else, click the double time, then move the mouse off to another browser or tab if you have dual monitors or are using split screen, this will keep the fast forward on as long as your mouse doesn't go back to the Aegis screen.

Don't know if anyone else knew this, but it speeds up the farming nicely when you want to do other things.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah 60/6 was easy as pie once you know the trick. That seemed to be most of this event, just trying to beat you with tricks rather than pure difficulty with strong units. I don't mind, it was somewhat interesting. There should be a 2nd part of this event, saving my crystals for that. It's quite a long event.

I think the funny part is that the goblins will just run back and forth for quite a while if you don't kill them. A lot of enemies in this event do that. Reminds me of the Grunts in Halo.

Still only 159 red gems, I was hoping this event would drop them too. I'll be hella sad if the plat healer disappears before I can get 2 copies of her. The 3rd map does drop them, but I really want that new unit that drops from 60/6 as well. Tough choice x.x Also whether or not to CC the monk, she's so nice for her cost atm, love having an awesome quick deploy like her.

Last edited:

TieSKey

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I hate this events... the unit is interesting but with an average of 1 scroll per stamina, natural regen plus the 4 crystals from 3 star yields only 400 scrolls.

And the real stamina to scrolls rate is lower, like 0.75 or so...

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I hate this events... the unit is interesting but with an average of 1 scroll per stamina, natural regen plus the 4 crystals from 3 star yields only 400 scrolls.

And the real stamina to scrolls rate is lower, like 0.75 or so...
This is a better version of Karma event I think. These events are made for payers, I usually play a bit then ditch them. It's just a game after all, new events are up every 7-15 days, so even if you miss an event, you'll only miss a unit you like, nothing else.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

With the past few weeks, you should have a crap ton of crystals unless you have no self control and gambled them away on gacha. I think I have like 17 atm even though I farmed the last event hard. All those mini witch events were nice for crystals~

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

With the past few weeks, you should have a crap ton of crystals unless you have no self control and gambled them away on gacha. I think I have like 17 atm even though I farmed the last event hard. All those mini witch events were nice for crystals~
Well not a crap ton. If you could clear away both witch events and 3-star them it was 12 crystals or so, and the monk event was another 5. All in all that's 17.

Plus, spending 1 crystal for say, 6-12 scrolls(need to be super lucky with drops, just run the 6 stamina map and only gave 3 scrolls), means you need 10 for maybe 100 scrolls. So either be ultra lucky, or spend like 50 crystals along with natural regen to max Ren.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well not a crap ton. If you could clear away both witch events and 3-star them it was 12 crystals or so, and the monk event was another 5. All in all that's 17.

Plus, spending 1 crystal for say, 6-12 scrolls(need to be super lucky with drops, just run the 6 stamina map and only gave 3 scrolls), means you need 10 for maybe 100 scrolls. So either be ultra lucky, or spend like 50 crystals along with natural regen to max Ren.
Later there will most likely be more maps, meaning more crystals and better scroll drops, plus the free daily login crystals. I mean I nearly cleared the Karma event with no starting crystals, so starting off with 17, I think I'm good. Key to success as a free player: Don't spin crystal gacha. Your chance of finding anything useful is stupid low vs nearly guaranteed event drops.

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Tell that to the peeps that got all those black units and are free players :D

Well I hope you are right about new event maps, these are really bad and unworth spending anything.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Tell that to the peeps that got all those black units and are free players :D

Well I hope you are right about new event maps, these are really bad and unworth spending anything.
I'm actually one of them, I have Desupia and I still say don't do it lol. Black units are honestly overpowered. If you have them, they just take away a lot of the challenge on most maps, just toss em out and activate their skill, auto win. I can see the game getting boring with enough black units. The plat units you get from events are more than enough to beat everything if you know what you're doing and still require some strategy. Desupia isn't even on my team atm.

As we've seen with the Karma event, sometimes they will even offer black units for events. If people had saved up their crystals for those, you get a guaranteed black unit, no gambling, just a lot of effort. I'd much rather that than just hope I get lucky. I know some people really want certain girls though and buying crystals keeps the game a float, so I'm certainly not knocking paying players. But if you don't plan to ever pay or aren't able to or whatever, I highly recommend avoiding gacha if you want to be able to fully clear these events. Not like the company will be losing money if you use the f2p crystals on events instead of there and you get more useful units.

You can always only use gacha with bought crystals and save the free crystals for events ;)

Last edited:

TieSKey

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm actually one of them, I have Desupia and I still say don't do it lol. Black units are honestly overpowered. If you have them, they just take away a lot of the challenge on most maps, just toss em out and activate their skill, auto win. I can see the game getting boring with enough black units. The plat units you get from events are more than enough to beat everything if you know what you're doing and still require some strategy. Desupia isn't even on my team atm.

As we've seen with the Karma event, sometimes they will even offer black units for events. If people had saved up their crystals for those, you get a guaranteed black unit, no gambling, just a lot of effort. I'd much rather that than just hope I get lucky. I know some people really want certain girls though and buying crystals keeps the game a float, so I'm certainly not knocking paying players. But if you don't plan to ever pay or aren't able to or whatever, I highly recommend avoiding gacha. Not like the company will be losing money if you use the f2p crystals on events instead of there and you get more useful units.
Yeah, I never use crystals for gatcha but I do use them for the current events. I mean, I used up the 17 crystals on the witch events since all I had before that was Caliope.

Other events let u get pretty far just based on natural regen and the event crystals if you are lucky with the drops and the skill ups/ cost reduction. But with this one u know u re not going to get far no matter how lucky u are....

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's not about every black unit, it's for some that I really want and don't really have a chance to ever get them. I'd trade all of my units except Maribelle for Sibylla or Olivia. Tbh what I like is when they release units that are not super rare but I still like them.

Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Later there will most likely be more maps, meaning more crystals and better scroll drops, plus the free daily login crystals.
I'm curious if they're actually going to introduce a second phase, since the cost for Castle Siege is the exact same as the Dark Resident map during the second phase of the Karma event (Wolve's Den Extreme from the first phase was 60/3 Charisma/Stamina). It would be really annoying if the second phase maps for this event have awkward costs like 7-10 stamina while maintaining the same black hole status of Castle Siege.

I have way too many units that I want to work on:
Belinda (lvl 46)
Cipria (lvl 20)
Rin (lvl 21)
Rosalie (lvl 20)
Sedis (lvl 1)
Shiho (lvl 39)
Spica (50CC25, I want to get her so she can one-shot Rural goblins, so she's almost done.)

@Elforen:
Unlike a lot of other DMM games, you can still get the black units from the base summoning, though I heard base summoning leans toward giving male units. However, the difference between summoning platinum and black units from it is roughly the same, and there's no black male units (if you manage to summon a black one, you have a 1/5 chance of getting one of the ones you wanted).

EDIT:
This might be official.

Encounter (30/1):
Scroll (30%, 100% first drop), Bouquet (50%)

Feint (35/2):
Scroll (100%), Bouquet (70%)

Ambush (40/4):
Scroll (50%), Scroll II (100%), Magical Crystal II (70%)
Scrolls per day (Min: 12, Max: 18, Average: 15).

Castle Siege (60/6):
Scroll (40%x3), Scroll III (100%), Sanosuke (10%)
Scrolls per day (Min: 12, Max: 24, Average: 16.8).

Last edited:

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@Elforen:
Unlike a lot of other DMM games, you can still get the black units from the base summoning, though I heard base summoning leans toward giving male units. However, the difference between summoning platinum and black units from it is roughly the same, and there's no black male units (if you manage to summon a black one, you have a 1/5 chance of getting one of the ones you wanted).

EDIT:
This might be official.

Encounter (30/1):
Scroll (30%, 100% first drop), Bouquet (50%)

Feint (35/2):
Scroll (100%), Bouquet (70%)

Ambush (40/4):
Scroll (50%), Scroll II (100%), Magical Crystal II (70%)
Scrolls per day (Min: 12, Max: 18, Average: 15).

Castle Siege (60/6):
Scroll (40%x3), Scroll III (100%), Sanosuke (10%)
Scrolls per day (Min: 12, Max: 24, Average: 16.8).
My luck is horrible so I believe even if I spun 10k base gatchas, I'd never get anything more than a silver unit. My best bet for a black unit is probably to keep crystals till an event gives out one I want, then spam it to get it. Loved Saki from an old event, but I was new and couldn't farm to get her, just got Akane instead.

Also, if those numbers are really official, then it's really not worth to do anything other than the first stage to get a scroll since it's a certain 1:1 stamina to scroll ratio. I think this is a more noob friendly Karma event, maybe because people complained at the last one about the rewards being too hard, so they toned it down but they kept it at a spot where only payers or people with too many crystals stored could get Ren maxed.

So I guess we're looking at a 24x14=336 maximum scrolls through natural regen+extras. Not too bad.